Home | Community | Message Board

Shroom Supply
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Seeds Store Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds   Amazon Hydroponics Supplies, Perlite, Vermiculite

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineTenchi
Myco-Newb

Cake Experiment? an Idea
    #1249824 - 01/26/03 10:07 AM (14 years, 8 months ago)

Hi all new to the hobby, let me take this opportunity to say hello to all you Shroomery gurus, you guys are incredible. Anyhow, on with the idea.

After reading and reading, and doing some more reading its obvious casing is the way to go, but even still I had a great idea (maybe) for cakes. Only thing I can think why it sucks is you would have to hang it from something.

Well inner-reservoir teks, and double-end casing are both ways to keep the cake moisturized, seems to me like you get consistend healthy flushes if the cake has the water it needs to do so.

What if you took a semi-absorbant rope and threaded it thru a cake, you could put a knot in it or whatever over the first and add like 3 cakes per rope maybe, so the rope is going thru the middle of the cakes right?, Hang the rope from something with the bottom of the rope sitting in a tub of water. It seems to me the cakes would have ALL the water they needed by absorbing it thru the rope without getting too overly wet. No idea how this would react contamination wise, but to me it seems like a viable experiment, who knows.

Well just wanted to share my crazy idea with you all, feedback encouraged

Someone help me with my PR casing problems :wink: read post HERE 

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflinePDU
travel kid vs.amerika
 User Gallery

Loc: beautiful BC
Re: Cake Experiment? an Idea [Re: Tenchi]
    #1249846 - 01/26/03 10:21 AM (14 years, 8 months ago)

How would you steralize the rope? I think it would be insta contam.

--------------------
GO OUTSIDE.

Offlineshirley knott
not my real name
 User Gallery
Loc: London
Trusted Cultivator
    #1249854 - 01/26/03 10:26 AM (14 years, 8 months ago)

i disagree, i think it could work fine, and would be fun to try....

tenchi, i'm guessing you have some knowledge of hydroponic passive watering systems, right? it's all about finding the right kind of 'rope' that draws water but only water.

good luck :grin:
xx

--------------------
buh

InvisibleSixCee
keep rolling
Male

Loc: US, Chicago
Re: Cake Experiment? an Idea [Re: shirley knott]
    #1249865 - 01/26/03 10:30 AM (14 years, 8 months ago)

Sounds like a lot of work for a lazy ass bum such as myself....

--------------------
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
-->The above statements may or not be true.
->Quote of the Moment :
"Yea. All bitches are whores who love sex." -Cubie
----> PMs checked daily.

OfflineTenchi
Myco-Newb

Re: Cake Experiment? an Idea [Re: shirley knott]
    #1249881 - 01/26/03 10:40 AM (14 years, 8 months ago)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
tenchi, i'm guessing you have some knowledge of hydroponic passive watering systems, right? it's all about finding the right kind of 'rope' that draws water but only water
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yes my first hydroponic setup was basically a perlite/verm with rope to suck up the nutrients, I later went to bigger and MUCH better methods, buts thats all once-upon-a-time, Im too chicken-shit to try growing again, was a blast though.

Your right, its all about the rope, it would have to be just the right kind to be absorbant but not too absorbant. I also just think it would be kinda cool to see a bunch of shrooms growing off a rope hehe. I dunno i really think the experiment may be worthwhile, mainly for later flushes, if it works it would be low-maintenance, but ya not sure about the contam thing.

Ill tell you what though, Lysol in UNDER-Rated, I have had like 1 contamination issue and im sorta careless, I attribute my succes rate to Lysol, (actually clorox disenfectant) but hell keep your area clean and success will follow

Offlineshirley knott
not my real name
 User Gallery
Loc: London
Trusted Cultivator
    #1249890 - 01/26/03 10:46 AM (14 years, 8 months ago)

try those fibreoptic fibres you see in 'cool' table lamps. really fine thin plastic strands. easily sterilised, twisted, resterilised. the cakes could be suspended on it by bulldog clips. :laugh:

--------------------
buh

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: Original Seeds Store Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds   Amazon Hydroponics Supplies, Perlite, Vermiculite

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation