Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Kraken Kratom Shop: Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6  [ show all ]
Invisiblefrith
God

Loc: Philadelphia, PA Flag
Re: Post a pic of your computer screen right now!!! [Re: LogicaL Chaos]
    #12099986 - 02/26/10 03:06 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

LogicaL Chaos said:
Also, what about using mouse-dependent programs like Photoshop....can you use *only* VIM with program like that?

8joker: but frith said there's a "command prompt", which means you can open/close programs and use features within programs like "File" or "Edit" within VIM right? From what I read from Frith, he doesn't even have to use his mouse. How could you do that with a program that only edits text files? Doesn't make sense.

oh no vim is just a text editor. its like Notepad on windows only with a shit load more power.

when i was talking about having full desktop navigation from they keyboard that wasnt (entirely) about vim. that had more to do with the window manager i use on linux. the command line i was talking about is just the one that is standard on every linux distribution. i dont run windows at all.

there is still support for the mouse and i do use it occasionally. its just not my prefered method of using my computer.

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OnlineLogicaL ChaosM
Ascension Energy & Alien UFOs
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: The Inexpressible... Flag
Re: Post a pic of your computer screen right now!!! [Re: frith]
    #12100008 - 02/26/10 03:17 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

You got the Boom Post Frith! (#100):rockets: BOOM! (just had to let ya know).

Oh, so it does just edit text files. So you can't like navigate thru a programs menu's using just the keyboard. Actually, programs usually have that already with "Alt" and "Control" right.

Linux huh? So a "Windows Manager" comes standard, and thats where you do your command prompts, like open programs. I guess I just don't get exactly what it does with text....I must be retarded with computers or something. Oh well.

Thanks for trying to explain it to me. Its been quite the ride....

I think I'll just stick with playing with my HotKey's. They do me good. And the hottness feels nice on my fingers.....Mmmm....If only it had warm feed-back: that would be something!

Enjoy your Ride
~ LogicaL Chaos ~

--------------------
"What you must understand is that your physical dimension affects everyone in the higher dimensions as well. All things are interconnected. All things are One. Therefore, if one dimension is broken or out of balance, then all other dimensions will experience repercussions." - Pleiadian Prophecy 2020 The New Golden Age by James Carwin

PROJECT BLUE BOOK ANALYSIS! (312 pages!) | Psychedelics & UFOs | Ready to Contact UFOs? | The Source on Mushrooms:shroomeryhead:| Trippy Gematrix | Dj TeknoLogical | Fentanyl Test Kits R.I.P. Big Worm :tombstone: || The Start of the Ascension Process was 2020. Welcome to the Next Great Era of Earth 🌎🌍🌏                                                         
:sunny::bliss::mushroom2: Oregon Eclipse Festival 2017 :: Aug 19th - 21st :: Pure Paradise :mushroom2::bliss::sunny: :rainbowdrink: Very Effective LSA Extraction Tek :rainbowdrink: | 💧 Advanced Cold Water LSA Extraction Method 💧 | :cacti::bongload: Mescajuana - Mescaline with Marijuana | DMT Dab Bongs | UFO Technology! :shpongle:Shpongle:shpongle:   

Invisiblefrith
God

Loc: Philadelphia, PA Flag
    #12100029 - 02/26/10 03:28 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

LogicaL Chaos said:
Oh, so it does just edit text files. So you can't like navigate thru a programs menu's using just the keyboard. Actually, programs usually have that already with "Alt" and "Control" right.

Linux huh? So a "Windows Manager" comes standard, and thats where you do your command prompts, like open programs. I guess I just don't get exactly what it does with text.

think of vim like Notepad. they serve a similar purpose.. just to edit text.

the part where i can control the entire desktop with my keyboard is managed by whats called a window manager.

at the most basic level, all a window manager does is put the applications on the screen. you can completely change how your desktop behaves based on what window manager you decide to use.

they all do the same basic function.. just in different ways. its all about control.

i am using the Awesome Window Manager.
other examples:

Gnome:

KDE:

XFCE:

Fluxbox:

--------------------

OfflineNeuron
Tek Savant
Male

Loc: @meriKa
    #12496030 - 05/02/10 09:34 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6  [ show all ]

Kraken Kratom Shop: Red Vein Kratom