Home | Community | Message Board

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Myyco.com Penis Envy Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflinePrimalSoup
hyperspatial illuminations
Other User Gallery

Loc: PNW Flag
Re: Mushroom tea [Re: Shroom_Goon]
    #15997013 - 03/26/12 12:20 AM (12 years, 6 days ago)

Yeah, just split it, why not?  But I wouldn't use that much water, for fresh I try to end up with the same weight in water as the original shrooms - like 100cc for 10g dry.  More is fine, 2 cups is like 5 times as much.

:peace:PS

--------------------

if you stand too close to the machine it'll start to eat you
Primal's simple tested teks and projects: :awesomenod: Wheat Prep 2.0  Acidic Tea Tek  Potency Project! 

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineSoreSpore

Loc: Halfway there...
Re: Mushroom tea [Re: PrimalSoup]
    #16080472 - 04/12/12 01:43 PM (11 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

PrimalSoup said:
Yeah, just split it, why not?  But I wouldn't use that much water, for fresh I try to end up with the same weight in water as the original shrooms - like 100cc for 10g dry.  More is fine, 2 cups is like 5 times as much.

This is awesome. I am going to give this a try. A couple of quick questions for you PrimalSoup.

1) Are you saying that your water ratio to wet grams is something like 1:1?
2) I'm going to use 450 grams wet, how much water would you suggest using?
3) I am planning on chopping them up and mashing them as the boil comes up. How long do you usually keep it in the water from start to finish?
4) How long do you keep it boiling for?
5) How long should the whole process take once all ingredients are in the bowl? (you can probably combine 3,4, and 5 :wink: )

Appreciate the help. You should make a tek for us :datass:

OfflinePrimalSoup
Other User Gallery

Re: Mushroom tea [Re: SoreSpore]
    #16084474 - 04/13/12 10:55 AM (11 years, 11 months ago)

1) The idea is to end up with the same amount of tea as the weight of the fresh shrooms was.  This seems to work the best and it makes it easy to measure the citric acid.  The "hard" part is figuring out how much water to add.  So...

2) You want just enough water so the pan isn't dry when you're heating them up.  As soon as you get close to boiling the shrooms will start releasing juice and it almost all gets into the tea, except for what's left over after you strain them out.  APPROXIMATELY - well, for 450 gms I would use ABOUT 200 gms, maybe a little less.  If the pan gets dry (which can happen 'cause the shrooms will suck some of it up if they're on the dry side) add more water.  You would add 1:50 citric acid by weight for the final tea, which since it's supposed to be the same weight as the fresh shrooms means 9 gm for 450.

3)  I keep it in the water until it reaches full boil, boil about 30 seconds, stirring constantly, and then steep anywhere from 5 to 10 minutes.:thumbup:

5)  About 20 minutes per batch seems typical for me, including chopping up the shrooms, boiling, steeping, straining, and storing away for future enjoyment. :awesomenod:

:awecluster::awecluster::awecluster::awecluster::awecluster::awecluster::awecluster::awecluster::awecluster::awecluster::awecluster::awecluster::awecluster::awecluster::awecluster::awecluster::awecluster::awecluster::awecluster::awecluster::awecluster::awecluster::awecluster::awecluster::awecluster::awecluster::awecluster::awecluster::awecluster::awecluster::awecluster::awecluster::awecluster::awecluster::awecluster::awecluster::awecluster::awecluster::awecluster::awecluster::awecluster::awecluster::awecluster::awecluster::awecluster::awecluster::awecluster::awecluster::awecluster::awecluster::awecluster::awecluster::awecluster::awecluster::awecluster::awecluster::awecluster::awecluster::awecluster::awecluster::awecluster::awecluster::awecluster::awecluster::awecluster::awecluster::awecluster::awecluster::awecluster::awecluster::awecluster::awecluster::awecluster::awecluster::awecluster::awecluster::awecluster::awecluster::awecluster::awecluster:

Meh, this IS the tea tek. :lol:

--------------------

Primal's simple tested teks and projects: :awesomenod: Wheat Prep 2.0  Acidic Tea Tek  Potency Project! 

Edited by PrimalSoup (04/13/12 01:21 PM)

OfflineEnhance_Shammy
PsychedelicExplorer

Loc: Under a rock.
    #16371875 - 06/12/12 04:34 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

if i want to compare potency wise fresh to dry then what would be the formula? in other words to get the effect of lets say 5 grams of dry how much wet would i need?

--------------------

Offlinek00laid
NEMO
 User Gallery

Re: Mushroom tea [Re: Enhance_Shammy]
    #16373397 - 06/12/12 09:25 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Enhance_Shammy said:
in other words to get the effect of lets say 5 grams of dry how much wet would i need?

--------------------
AMU - AMU Q & A - MyVideo Teks!

OfflinePrimalSoup
Other User Gallery

Re: Mushroom tea [Re: k00laid]
    #16373768 - 06/12/12 10:46 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

yes

OfflineDemonReign
My eagerness is my downfall
Male

Loc: Washington, USA Flag
    #18958890 - 10/10/13 11:27 AM (10 years, 5 months ago)

I am WAAAAY late to the party. But, where else would I ask a question about this Tek?

So you can keep your tea in the freezer indefinitely without any potency loss?

If I freeze my tea, how would I go about thawing it?
Do I simply toss it in the good ol' microwave for a few minutes?

--------------------
Always looking for new strains. Whether its syringes, prints, LC, or agar.
I would like to give a special thanks to PrimalSoup, Deviant, and Magash, since their posts have been extremely helpful.

OfflinePrimalSoup
Other User Gallery

Re: Mushroom tea [Re: DemonReign]
    #18959587 - 10/10/13 02:08 PM (10 years, 5 months ago)

I'd guess you'd ask here. :lol:  Always glad for a :bump:

Frozen is pretty much forever.  I've kept it for 3 years that way, longest so far. :thumbup:

Thaw them in a pan of water on the stove.  You can use a microwave but depending on what you store them in the bottles can melt in the microwave and that sucks big time.  You have to get them hot enough so all the frozen bits thaw and then shake 'em up, otherwise you get these globs that are not cool to swallow.

--------------------

Offlinecryptonaut
Stranger
Re: Mushroom tea [Re: Coheed88]
    #19154607 - 11/18/13 03:00 PM (10 years, 4 months ago)

Awesome thread man, about to do this very soon, do you boil the water with the citric acid in it, or put it while it's seeping?

OfflinePrimalSoup
Other User Gallery

Re: Mushroom tea [Re: cryptonaut]
    #19154776 - 11/18/13 03:28 PM (10 years, 4 months ago)

Put it in the water before you add the shrooms. :thumbup:

--------------------

Offlineredflackal
Archduke of Marijuanaville
    #19154940 - 11/18/13 03:55 PM (10 years, 4 months ago)

I've always made it by individual servings, and in my experience 2.5-3 grams dry to 2 cups of water is enough to make anyone giggle uncontrollably for the rest of the afternoon.

And wet to dry is usually always 10:1

Edited by redflackal (11/18/13 03:58 PM)

InvisibleMindDrips
Telephasic Workshop
Male

Loc: USA
Re: Mushroom tea [Re: redflackal]
    #19155732 - 11/18/13 05:45 PM (10 years, 4 months ago)

This thread is great, I'm hoping to try some tea tek soon!

PrimalSoup, Does this method of boiling/seeping/citric acid etc. work for dried mushrooms as well?
I usually only get my hands on dried mushies, so would I be able to brew tea for 2-3 people with 7-12g of dried cubes?

--------------------
"Pebbles and marbles like things on my mind,
Seem to get lost and harder to find.
When I am alone I am inclined,
If I find a pebble in sand,
To think that it fell from my hand..."

OfflinePrimalSoup
Other User Gallery

Re: Mushroom tea [Re: MindDrips]
    #19155934 - 11/18/13 06:17 PM (10 years, 4 months ago)

It works for any kind but I like it best for fresh as it preserves the psilocin better, which gets lost a bit when you dry them.  Just add extra water that's about as much as what they lost when drying (9 or 10 times the dry weight).

Yo all, thanks for bumping. :thumbup:

--------------------

OfflineBittrBuffalo
Deaconica

Loc: Church of the SubGenus
    #19845769 - 04/14/14 08:15 PM (9 years, 11 months ago)

:bump:

I think this is worth a bump. :grin:

It took me a while to find this recipe, but I tried it tonight. I made a few changes:

I chopped up 550 g of PE and put it in a pot, then took the juice of 1 lemon and added enough distilled water to make 200 mg of water and added that to the pot. I boiled it and mashed the whole mess with a potato masher for about 1-2 minutes. The liquid looked like the liquid that comes from a can of black beans. Then I added 3 ginger tea bags and covered the pot, took it off heat, and let it steep for about 10 minutes.

I strained out the mushrooms and teabags, squeezing the lot to get the remaining liquid out. Only around 250 mg of tea syrup came out, so I squeezed in the juice of 1 orange, added about 2 tbsp of honey, and added more distilled water to make 550 mg. It's still pretty syrupy. We'll see how it turns out. :thumbup:

--------------------
Disclaimer: This post is a work of fiction, provided for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to actual persons or events, past or present, is strictly coincidental. All celebrity voices are impersonated. If you begin your ID request with, "I just ate a bunch of these mushrooms…should I not have done that?" I'm just gonna sit back and watch Darwin at work.:mushroom2:

Offlineshrgr
L'etranger
Male User Gallery

Loc: 51°29'37" 3°53'33"
Re: Mushroom tea [Re: BittrBuffalo]
    #20015150 - 05/20/14 02:07 PM (9 years, 10 months ago)

Why distilled?

This thread should last forever

OfflinePrimalSoup
Other User Gallery

#20673505 - 10/07/14 11:01 PM (9 years, 5 months ago)

Hey, it's been a while since I've cooked 'em up but wanted to add some comments here:

#1 working from fresh fruits you just put a little (I mean LITTLE) water in the pan with the citric acid and start 'em on the heat.  With the Chitwans I've got right now they seem a little dry and they sucked up the water immediately - so just add more. Continue heating and mashing, make sure there's still water on the bottom of the pan.  If it gets dry again add more - as they get hot enough water will come out of the fruits and from then on it's clear sailing. :thumbup:

#2  the tea should smell good when it's cooking!  If it doesn't there's something wrong with the way you stored the fruits or they've been sitting too long.  If it smells good when it's cooking it'll taste good when you drink it - and v.versa. :thumbup:

That's it.

--------------------

OfflinepsilocybeMAN
It gets so real sometimes.
Male User Gallery

Loc: California Flag
    #20673668 - 10/08/14 12:29 AM (9 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

PrimalSoup said:
Hey, it's been a while since I've cooked 'em up but wanted to add some comments here:

#1 working from fresh fruits you just put a little (I mean LITTLE) water in the pan with the citric acid and start 'em on the heat.  With the Chitwans I've got right now they seem a little dry and they sucked up the water immediately - so just add more. Continue heating and mashing, make sure there's still water on the bottom of the pan.  If it gets dry again add more - as they get hot enough water will come out of the fruits and from then on it's clear sailing. :thumbup:

#2  the tea should smell good when it's cooking!  If it doesn't there's something wrong with the way you stored the fruits or they've been sitting too long.  If it smells good when it's cooking it'll taste good when you drink it - and v.versa. :thumbup:

That's it.

hows dosing with such potent liquid work?

OfflinePrimalSoup
Other User Gallery

Re: Mushroom tea [Re: psilocybeMAN]
    #20673693 - 10/08/14 12:47 AM (9 years, 5 months ago)

You ask?:lol:

--------------------

Edited by PrimalSoup (10/08/14 04:09 AM)

OfflinepsilocybeMAN
It gets so real sometimes.
Male User Gallery

Loc: California Flag
    #20673715 - 10/08/14 12:59 AM (9 years, 5 months ago)

well i meant that literally lol. do you measure it out? or just take sip?

OfflinePrimalSoup
Other User Gallery

Re: Mushroom tea [Re: psilocybeMAN]
    #20673916 - 10/08/14 04:12 AM (9 years, 5 months ago)

I defrost the frozen tea, weigh out the dose on a scale, and refreeze the rest - I guess that's what you're asking... :seriousthumbsup:

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Myyco.com Penis Envy Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale