Home | Community | Message Board

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinechidgos
The one and only
Male

Mushroom compost from a mushroom growing kit
    #12482035 - 04/30/10 05:43 AM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Basically i have found somewhere that sells button mushroom growing kits. i was wondering if the mushroom compost in this kit could be used for bulk growing cubes or will it be no good.

--------------------
If you are born with nothing and die in debt, you have made a profit!!!

Light up the darkness

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleDoc_T
Random Dude
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Colorado Flag
Re: Mushroom compost from a mushroom growing kit [Re: chidgos]
    #12482049 - 04/30/10 05:55 AM (13 years, 10 months ago)

It's already spawned with Agaricus though, right?

--------------------
You make it all possible. Doesn't it feel good?

Invisibleanti-flag
one man army

Re: Mushroom compost from a mushroom growing kit [Re: chidgos]
    #12482058 - 04/30/10 06:01 AM (13 years, 10 months ago)

It should work fine,you may have to pc it to kill contam off depending on how it comes packaged.
Coir or Hpoo work great also.
One is dirt cheap and the other is free.

--------------------
DISCLAIMER * I do not, in any way, shape or form buy, sell, trade, cultivate, manufacture or use ANY illegal or questionable substance. Any and all postings made from my trade name or user name is purely for entertainment purposes. Any pictures uploaded under my trade name or user name have been created by artificial means and/or from images gathered from the internet and other sources. ANY STATEMENTS MADE ARE FORMED FROM THEORY AND REGURGITATED FROM SOURCES FOUND ON THE INTERNET AND/OR BOOKS, MEDIA AND FILMS, and should not, in any way, be considered truth

Offlineukshroomer
Law Abider

Loc: Netherlands
Re: Mushroom compost from a mushroom growing kit [Re: anti-flag]
    #12482082 - 04/30/10 06:13 AM (13 years, 10 months ago)

hi there. you will most likely have to pressure cook it in order to kill the agaricus spawn inside otherwise the two different mushroom species will compete against on another leaving you with very ppor results. let us know how it goes. try and find aged manure and pasteurize it. you might better results. if you do go with the mushroom compost however i would like to see the results. stay in touch.

ukshroomer

--------------------

Invisibleanti-flag
one man army

#12482088 - 04/30/10 06:17 AM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Hey doc,Agaricus is edible and poisonous mush mix correct?

--------------------
DISCLAIMER * I do not, in any way, shape or form buy, sell, trade, cultivate, manufacture or use ANY illegal or questionable substance. Any and all postings made from my trade name or user name is purely for entertainment purposes. Any pictures uploaded under my trade name or user name have been created by artificial means and/or from images gathered from the internet and other sources. ANY STATEMENTS MADE ARE FORMED FROM THEORY AND REGURGITATED FROM SOURCES FOUND ON THE INTERNET AND/OR BOOKS, MEDIA AND FILMS, and should not, in any way, be considered truth

InvisibleDoc_T
Random Dude
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Colorado Flag
    #12482096 - 04/30/10 06:21 AM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Agaricus brunnescens is the button mushrooms. And portabellas.

--------------------
You make it all possible. Doesn't it feel good?

Invisibleandymc
cocoa beetles from zanzibar
Male User Gallery

#12482102 - 04/30/10 06:24 AM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

anti-flag said:
Hey doc,Agaricus is edible and poisonous mush mix correct?

Agaricus Brunnescens = button mushroom

If the OP is talking about the "grow your own" type kits that we get at Homebase in the UK, then no the compost and spawn are separate in the package.  I bought one for kicks and spawned it last night :grin:

--------------------
How I make spore prints
Trade List
My flow hood

If he asks me "Did you have a good time?" I'll say,
"Get the lights, Mr. Grim Reaper"  -odds

Edited by andymc (04/30/10 06:24 AM)

OfflineFahkface
Over-Fiend
Male User Gallery

Loc: In your Mind, Pedro! In y...
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Mushroom compost from a mushroom growing kit [Re: andymc]
    #12482141 - 04/30/10 06:44 AM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Although I don't know the price of the kit, I would expect it to be much more expensive than regularly used self-made Cube substrates.

Why would you want to use it anyway? Can't you get your hands on things like coir etc?

Invisibleanti-flag
one man army

Re: Mushroom compost from a mushroom growing kit [Re: andymc]
    #12482146 - 04/30/10 06:46 AM (13 years, 10 months ago)

I thought I read that,guess I was wrong :shrug:

--------------------

Invisibleandymc
cocoa beetles from zanzibar
Male User Gallery

Re: Mushroom compost from a mushroom growing kit [Re: Fahkface]
    #12482206 - 04/30/10 07:13 AM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Fahkface said:
Although I don't know the price of the kit, I would expect it to be much more expensive than regularly used self-made Cube substrates.

Why would you want to use it anyway? Can't you get your hands on things like coir etc?

He's probably just curious.  I wondered the same thing (though I actually wanted to grow the buttons).  The kit was only £6 so it actually wouldn't be so bad economically as a one-off thing, given that a bag of Vermiculite at the same store is £7.

--------------------
How I make spore prints
Trade List
My flow hood

If he asks me "Did you have a good time?" I'll say,
"Get the lights, Mr. Grim Reaper"  -odds

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds