Home | Community | Message Board

Kratom Eye
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
InvisibleCosmicJokeM
happy mutant
 User Gallery

Loc: Portland, OR
priorities
    #1247933 - 01/25/03 11:17 AM (21 years, 2 months ago)

I'm not sure what to say here. I suppose I should just list the things which are important to me as a person since that's probably the best avenue of expression I have in this medium.

Above all else, honesty is the most important thing to me in a person. Any person. Family, friends, lovers, even co-workers! Honesty impresses me most. It impresses me more than education, amount of money, prestige, position, influence, good-looks, breeding, or anything else. A lot of people just don't know how to be honest. They can sometimes be truthful, but honesty demands far more than that. Honesty is not only being truthful, but being open and forthcoming as well. Answering a question, for instance, in a way that takes into account more than what was asked. If you know what I mean, I need go no farther. If you don't, I could type a volume and not explain it to you.

Integrity comes next. The courage to be yourself regardless of the consequences and to stand-up for what you believe. The courage not to back down just because it might be expedient. Or because it could help you get ahead. Or because you're afraid of disagreement or being ostracised for non-conformity. Or any other reason. Integrity rocks, and again, it really deserves a far longer explaination.

After honesty and integrity, compassion. I don't mean trying to solve all the world's problems either. I don't even mean trying to solve one person's. I mean knowing WHEN to lend someone a helping hand and when to stand back and allow them to grow. I also mean being willing to do both. And both require a lot of determination and strength whether in action or inaction.

Then, patience. Patience is very important to happiness. It can be hard, but I believe that life is meant to unfold and compelling it is just wrong. You should allow it to blossom and have faith that whatever comes will only make it that much more beautiful. It's not 'taking time'. It's not 'making time'. It's just being, in time or outside it.

Last but not least is faith. I don't mean 'a' faith, but just faith itself. In life. In whatever divinity you prefer. In others. But most importantly in yourself.

The more you pursue anything, the further it will draw away from you. The harder you try to grasp something, the more slips through your fingers. If you desire to be happy, you never will be. You have to surrender control of your life to steer it in any positive direction. You have to work with it, and allow it to provide you with all that you need. It's how I live, and I'm quite happy with it.

--------------------
Everything is better than it was the last time.  I'm good.

If we could look into each others hearts, and understand the unique challenges each of us faces, I think we would treat each other much more gently, with more love, patience, tolerance, and care.

It takes a lot of courage to go out there and radiate your essence.

I know you scared, you should ask us if we scared too.  If you was there, and we just knew you cared too.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleCosmicJokeM
happy mutant
 User Gallery

Loc: Portland, OR
Re: priorities [Re: CosmicJoke]
    #1247989 - 01/25/03 11:45 AM (21 years, 2 months ago)

Of course, I must concur with ol' Rev. Ivan Stang when he says:
1. Air
2. Water
3. Pee
4. Food
5. Sleep
6. Shit (can be reversed with 5 at your discretion)
7. Slack
8. Your Back Not Hurting
9. Frop (mystical herb)
10. Sex
12 BOB!

--------------------
Everything is better than it was the last time.  I'm good.

If we could look into each others hearts, and understand the unique challenges each of us faces, I think we would treat each other much more gently, with more love, patience, tolerance, and care.

It takes a lot of courage to go out there and radiate your essence.

I know you scared, you should ask us if we scared too.  If you was there, and we just knew you cared too.

InvisibleRebelSteve33
Amateur Mycologist
Male

Loc: Arizona
    #1251096 - 01/26/03 06:07 PM (21 years, 2 months ago)

Those are very good priorities to have, CosmicJoke! I especially agree with integrity and patience!

--------------------
Namaste.

InvisibleXibalba
Stranger
    #1251113 - 01/26/03 06:17 PM (21 years, 2 months ago)

Interesting. Do you realize that is isomorphic to Maslow's Heirarchy of Needs? Check it out.

Bob = Peak Experience...

OfflineGrowingVines
Slowly Changinginto a Tree
Loc: GA
Re: priorities [Re: Xibalba]
    #1251421 - 01/26/03 08:24 PM (21 years, 2 months ago)

don't forget Respect and Disapline

--------------------
Peace out my brothers, for everyone has a bit of insanity in them

InvisibleRebelSteve33
Amateur Mycologist
Male

Loc: Arizona
Re: priorities [Re: GrowingVines]
    #1252419 - 01/27/03 06:45 AM (21 years, 2 months ago)

Tolerance and Understanding are important as well. :smile:

--------------------
Namaste.

OfflineVoodoo Doll
curses for allof you

Loc: Nelly Ville
Re: priorities [Re: RebelSteve33]
    #1256774 - 01/28/03 06:51 PM (21 years, 2 months ago)

devide and conquer and my life purpose :grin:

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds