Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   North Spore Injection Grain Bag, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlineteaker
monster
 User Gallery

best rye jar water ratio?
    #1247207 - 01/25/03 04:12 AM (21 years, 2 months ago)

hey guys... im about to start my first grain spawn, and im going to use rye... all of the faq's have different ways and amounts of water to let the grain soak in. anyone have any tips? also, i was wondering if it is better to let the grain soak in the water, or to put the grain and water in the jars and the PC it. thanks-
by the way- i am doing pint jars

Edited by teaker (01/25/03 04:19 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinefugu
Pooh-Bah

Loc: istanbul
Re: best rye jar water ratio? [Re: teaker]
    #1247226 - 01/25/03 04:23 AM (21 years, 2 months ago)

boil them 30 minutes and when they bomb let them sit in water (maybe you have to boi)20 minutes (strain also and wash with clean water 30 min at this interval) then put them in pc .put a little water in jars they said but i m tryin on this fucking step sometimes to much water sometimes it looks like its not enough .i know i have to read the tek again maybe on monday.

--------------------
mushroom culture history making ...Mr. Allan is the best .....

OfflineLoop_Theorist
addict
Re: best rye jar water ratio? [Re: fugu]
    #1247230 - 01/25/03 04:27 AM (21 years, 2 months ago)

I'm not trying to be rude Fugu, but is english your primary language?

--------------------
Pack-tight, midnight, ship it to tha coast.
Some take tha plane, you, you on tha boat,
right beside tha money which right beside tha coke
Passin by tha coastgaurd, right under their nose.

To the US-HEY where anyone can getny, MIA all the way to New Your city, you a twenty now....

Offlinefugu
Pooh-Bah

Re: best rye jar water ratio? [Re: Loop_Theorist]
    #1247260 - 01/25/03 04:44 AM (21 years, 2 months ago)

no

--------------------

Offlinedebianlinux
Myconerd - DBK
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Over There
Re: best rye jar water ratio? [Re: Loop_Theorist]
    #1247262 - 01/25/03 04:45 AM (21 years, 2 months ago)

if you are intimate with the information that he has read then you get what he is talking about. otherwise it is garbled nonsense. he seems to be speaking from experience on this one but really, i think there is no concrete answer to this question. all ryes are not created equal. in TMC stamets discusses some ryes that are so contaminated they should be discarded outright. I believe the rye I can get here is that way. i have pc'd at 15psi for 1hr, 70 minutes, and 90 minutes and had massive contamination every time. the mycelium and contamination grew about the same speeds! about this time I started working with birdseed and have had fantastic results. I do not doubt the validity of rye considering the many pictures I have seen of it's results. In my experience, millet is the simplest to sterilize and get the proper water ratio. it seemes to be easier to shake. getting the proper ratio of water in the rye seemed to be a real bitch for me. if you can obtain rye you should have access to millet for about the same price per #. considering that, millet seems to be a wiser choice in every respect. I'd like to hear a clear and consistent advantage that rye would have over millet. without such advantage I would declare rye outdated due to it's inherent difficulties and incosnsistencies as compared to more favorable grains. as soon as I have a few jars available I would consider experimenting with popcorn as a local food wholesaler has 50# bags of it (non-salted/buttered - just raw popcorn) for $8!

Offlineteaker
monster
 User Gallery

Re: best rye jar water ratio? [Re: debianlinux]
    #1247281 - 01/25/03 04:52 AM (21 years, 2 months ago)

be nice to fugu :wink: i am happy to see the different ethnicities here...  thanks for the info debianlinux, i am goin to start a couple new jars today. ill try to post the results of the different grains after i birth them or something. 

Offlinefugu
Pooh-Bah

Re: best rye jar water ratio? [Re: teaker]
    #1247306 - 01/25/03 05:08 AM (21 years, 2 months ago)

just give the soaked ryes enough time.maybe 24 hour or more .i think the problem of the contamination on rye just depends on peoples unpatience and then boil in water is really a good way to see its max water amount and pc it.i start with this and i want to go that firstfull and then i will try the others also.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   North Spore Injection Grain Bag, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies