Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11  [ show all ]
Invisiblesir tripsalot
Administrator

Re: For You Gun Haters [Re: luvdemshrooms]
    #1246055 - 01/24/03 12:21 PM (21 years, 2 months ago)

Missed the double negative. I'm not so much against gun ownership until jackasses like yourself say they want one :grin:
Sounds mean but seriously, the people on this board who are against waving guns around are the ones who seem most calm cool and collected and deserving to have that right. Not Angry,panicky and paranoid who are the ones who want them. :smirk:

--------------------

"Little racoons and old possums 'n' stuff all live up in here. They've got to have a little place to sit." Bob Ross.

Edited by sir tripsalot (01/24/03 12:24 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleEvolving
Resident Cynic

Loc: Apt #6, The Village
Re: For You Gun Haters [Re: Xlea321]
    #1246065 - 01/24/03 12:25 PM (21 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

How are handguns going to help bring down the government?

They're not Alex. You are right. They are as useless as you assert. They are as harmless and as ineffectual as helium balloons. Therefore, there is no reason why they should not be legal. There is no reason for governments to use them and there is no reason why governments should want to ban them from the hands of private citizens. But this begs the question, why are you then afraid of these benign instruments of no use?

Now, back to some questions I would like answers for, if you please... I'm curious Alex, do you think it's better to live on your knees than die on your feet? Do you like prostrating yourself down before your government masters? Do you hold the values of cowardice higher than those of freedom?

You bitch and complain and blame all the world's problems on the U.S. but yet would like to tear the last vestiges of rights away from the very people who could thwart the country from descending into a dictatorship, the common man. How would you like it if the U.S. became a dictatorship, do you think you would have more to whine about or less? Be careful what you wish for, you might get it.

Many of us are relieved that you are not one of our countrymen. May your chains set lightly upon you, I will die a free man.

--------------------
To call humans 'rational beings' does injustice to the term, 'rational.'  Humans are capable of rational thought, but it is not their essence.  Humans are animals, beasts with complex brains.  Humans, more often than not, utilize their cerebrum to rationalize what their primal instincts, their preconceived notions, and their emotional desires have presented as goals - humans are rationalizing beings.

OfflinePhred
Fred's son
Male

Loc: Dominican Republic
Re: For You Gun Haters [Re: Evolving]
    #1246214 - 01/24/03 01:35 PM (21 years, 2 months ago)

*starts a slow clapping of hands with a toothy grin all over his face*

pinky

--------------------

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
Two inch dick..but it spins!?
 User Gallery

Loc: Lost In Space
Re: For You Gun Haters [Re: sir tripsalot]
    #1246222 - 01/24/03 01:38 PM (21 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Sounds mean

Mean?

No... foolish perhaps?

Self rightous?

Yeah.... that's it.

--------------------
You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity. What one person receives without working for another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for that my dear friend is the beginning of the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it. ~ Adrian Rogers

InvisibleXlea321
Stranger
    #1247148 - 01/25/03 03:18 AM (21 years, 2 months ago)

You are right. They are as useless as you assert. They are as harmless and as ineffectual as helium balloons.

Nah, come on evol. There are a lot of groups in america right now who feel they are living under a tyranny. Millions of drug users for one. They all have .38 specials and rifles right? Could they bring down the Bush tyranny?

If individuals owning rifles could help bring down Bush I'd be all for gun ownership.

--------------------
Don't worry, B. Caapi

Invisiblesilversoul7
Chill the FuckOut!
 User Gallery

Loc: mndfreeze's puppet army
    #1248144 - 01/25/03 12:54 PM (21 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

How would you like it if the U.S. became a dictatorship

I thought it already was.  :confused:

--------------------

"It is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong."--Voltaire

OfflineBowlKiller
----
Re: For You Gun Haters [Re: silversoul7]
    #1253103 - 01/27/03 10:20 AM (21 years, 2 months ago)

Someone earlier in this thread said something along the lines that they would fight if the govt. came and tried to take thier guns away. I hope you truly will do this because in the near future you will be faced with this decision. For the discussion as to weather or not people will be able to fight the govt. with small arms or not I would like to say this. Do you want to live under a terrorist who disregards your freedom in a convaluted attempt to protect you from other terrorists? I mean it doesnt even make sense. Terrorist are not taking away our freedoms. The govt. is if they would begin to say I can not own a gun. Now you have to understand that if you are not willing to fight for this, then you will simply become more and more like a branded animal then you are willing to believe. With the advent of national ID's, biometric screening of people, it WILL be as if we all have bar codes just like the piece of meat you bought at the grocery store.

For years the Govt. has been using the so called war on drugs, to get rid of the provisions that stop them form openly controling your every action. This is they are getting rid of the constitution. Now I really dont know if any uprising could ever take place in such an apathetic country, but I for one dont want to live in a police state. Dont you think the people that gave up thier guns were upset after Hitler totally took the people over?

Its not the same, its worse today. Its not just theory either, have you been pulled over by a cop lately. Have you seen the uniforms that cops use now days. I am talking about the all black jumpers, full military gear, hockey masks? Oh fuck yea, hockey masks man.

I mean what do you think these store cards are? Have you seen them, the store will issue you a card and you get discounts on products if you use it. Now that shit just makes it so the "powers that be" can watch what you buy. How easy would it be for them to say "oh you scanned these products, sorry you are not allowed to buy them." "Hello sir we noticed that you purchased some vermiculite we need to search your home now" (just an example)

Anyway the thing is that you need to have a gun, you should own many guns, and not just guns but stock piles of ammo. At least buy ammo man.

And it is strange beyond understanding how anyone can make an argument vs a gun lover saying that "well your just so scared and paranoid" Its not out of fear, but even if it was what is the problem with that? Thats just like saying you wear a seatbelt cause your scared of getting in an accident. Sometimes you may just need a gun for protection, and if you are a law abiding citizen I don see why you should not think to have one.

I am also afraid that another way the Govt. is going to try and get around the Bill of RIghts and COnstitution is through the U.N. That force of power can subvert the Constitution because it does not have to follow those regualtions.

Take a look at www.infowars.com and look at the police state section. This shit is very real. Soon you will probably see military running through your neighborhood, going into peoples homes and stealing from them, and you will wonder oh what is this for? Oh yea to stop terrorism, oh ok, thanks guys for searching through all my shit and doing as you please. Oh and thanks for shooting some of my neighbors because we dont want people to uphold the constitution, stoping terrorism is worth being turned into a piece of information on a card with no rights.

--------------------
----

OfflineSinistar
I Am Sinistar

Re: For You Gun Haters [Re: BowlKiller]
    #1261791 - 01/30/03 10:41 AM (21 years, 2 months ago)

bump for a hell of a thread. this was fucking amazing.

--------------------
I Am Sinistar

You Dont Pay A Hooker For Sex, You Pay Them To Leave.

In The City, Where Angels Fear To Hover And Devils Come To Croon, The Sex Of The Night Lets Down Her Black Narcotic Hair To A Yellow Opium Moon.

OfflineBowlKiller
----
Re: For You Gun Haters [Re: Sinistar]
    #1262525 - 01/30/03 03:10 PM (21 years, 2 months ago)

It is your responsibility as an american to own a gun. You are a special person on this earth because you have the ability to live as you wish. You have this right because other men took up arms and fought for it. Men died for this. Never disrespect thier sacrifice. Own a gun.

--------------------
----

OfflineBowlKiller
----
    #1290768 - 02/08/03 09:19 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

So have you bought a gun yet, ammo at least? (the ammo is to give as a supply to your neighbor who may need it.)

--------------------
----

Invisiblesilversoul7
Chill the FuckOut!
 User Gallery

Loc: mndfreeze's puppet army
    #1290814 - 02/08/03 09:36 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

I assure you that the right to bear arms was not very high on the colonists' list of reasons to revolt from England. I hardly think it would be fair to say they died for that right.

--------------------

"It is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong."--Voltaire

InvisibleEvolving
Resident Cynic

Loc: Apt #6, The Village
Re: For You Gun Haters [Re: silversoul7]
    #1292598 - 02/09/03 05:18 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

I assure you that the right to bear arms was not very high on the colonists' list of reasons to revolt from England. I hardly think it would be fair to say they died for that right.

The war started on April 19th, 1775 when the British attempted to confiscate guns at Lexington and Concord.

--------------------
To call humans 'rational beings' does injustice to the term, 'rational.'  Humans are capable of rational thought, but it is not their essence.  Humans are animals, beasts with complex brains.  Humans, more often than not, utilize their cerebrum to rationalize what their primal instincts, their preconceived notions, and their emotional desires have presented as goals - humans are rationalizing beings.

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11  [ show all ]

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale