Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Invisibleanti-flag
one man army

50th annual National Morel Mushroom Festival May 13-16,Boyne City,MI
    #12460475 - 04/26/10 03:29 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

Come forage the forest and win prizes for baging themost morels in 90 minutes.After the hunt,Feast on mushroom dishes from area restaurants at the Taste of Morels.
If you would like more info just google "morel Mushroom Festival". It is a great time and a great place to test your skills on hunting mush.

--------------------
DISCLAIMER * I do not, in any way, shape or form buy, sell, trade, cultivate, manufacture or use ANY illegal or questionable substance. Any and all postings made from my trade name or user name is purely for entertainment purposes. Any pictures uploaded under my trade name or user name have been created by artificial means and/or from images gathered from the internet and other sources. ANY STATEMENTS MADE ARE FORMED FROM THEORY AND REGURGITATED FROM SOURCES FOUND ON THE INTERNET AND/OR BOOKS, MEDIA AND FILMS, and should not, in any way, be considered truth

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineKada
Asha'man
Male User Gallery

Loc: Buckeye Flag
Re: 50th annual National Morel Mushroom Festival May 13-16,Boyne City,MI [Re: anti-flag]
    #12460488 - 04/26/10 03:32 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

I've only found about a dozen so far this year.

Morel mushrooms are DAMMMMMMMN good.

--------------------
~The Cultivators Motherload~

"I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them.
I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do." -Robert A. Heinlein

"There is no need for temples, no need for complicated philosophies.
My brain and my heart are my temples; my philosophy is kindness."-Dalai Lama

Live long and prosper.

InvisibleMisterMuscaria
Male User Gallery

Loc: Flag
Re: 50th annual National Morel Mushroom Festival May 13-16,Boyne City,MI [Re: anti-flag]
    #12460495 - 04/26/10 03:32 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

I looked at the website last night, seems like it could be promising but I dont know what my schedule will be like.

InvisibleMisterMuscaria
Male User Gallery

Loc: Flag
Re: 50th annual National Morel Mushroom Festival May 13-16,Boyne City,MI [Re: Kada]
    #12460504 - 04/26/10 03:33 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

I found my fifth one today. Central Indiana is still pretty dry but the ground is finally retaining some moistness and the earth temperature is warming up.

Invisibleanti-flag
one man army

Re: 50th annual National Morel Mushroom Festival May 13-16,Boyne City,MI [Re: Kada]
    #12460515 - 04/26/10 03:35 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Kada said:
I've only found about a dozen so far this year.

Morel mushrooms are DAMMMMMMMN good.

This fest has it all!
Very much worth the drive IMO.

--------------------
DISCLAIMER * I do not, in any way, shape or form buy, sell, trade, cultivate, manufacture or use ANY illegal or questionable substance. Any and all postings made from my trade name or user name is purely for entertainment purposes. Any pictures uploaded under my trade name or user name have been created by artificial means and/or from images gathered from the internet and other sources. ANY STATEMENTS MADE ARE FORMED FROM THEORY AND REGURGITATED FROM SOURCES FOUND ON THE INTERNET AND/OR BOOKS, MEDIA AND FILMS, and should not, in any way, be considered truth

InvisibleEpilson Lyrae
Armed with hammers
Male User Gallery

Loc: Woody Creek
Re: 50th annual National Morel Mushroom Festival May 13-16,Boyne City,MI [Re: MisterMuscaria]
    #12460519 - 04/26/10 03:36 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

I've found about 35 in total all this spring.
We got rain and I need to get out and look one more time because it's getting late here.
A friend gave me a couple pounds though so it's looking like I'll be heating some oil tonight or tomorrow.:crazy2:

--------------------
"Freedom is something that dies unless it's used." H.T.
I've come to believe that the heart is the filter of the enlightened mind. Epilson Lyrae

Invisibleanti-flag
one man army

Re: 50th annual National Morel Mushroom Festival May 13-16,Boyne City,MI [Re: Epilson Lyrae]
    #12460526 - 04/26/10 03:37 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

gngsteroflove said:
I've found about 35 in total all this spring.
We got rain and I need to get out and look one more time because it's getting late here.
A friend gave me a couple pounds though so it's looking like I'll be heating some oil tonight or tomorrow.:crazy2:

Must be nice :awesomenod:
I hope to walk home with a nice bag myself.

--------------------

Offlinepretzel_king
Fish Puppy

Loc: MI
    #12460689 - 04/26/10 04:09 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

anti-flag said:
Come forage the forest and win prizes for baging themost morels in 90 minutes.After the hunt,Feast on mushroom dishes from area restaurants at the Taste of Morels.
If you would like more info just google "morel Mushroom Festival". It is a great time and a great place to test your skills on hunting mush.

Hey so I'm guessing your from around northern michigan too eh? I'm from the Mesick area (between traverse and cadillac) where we have our own "Mesick Mushroom Festival". We are the self proclaimed "Mushroom Capital Of The World". Mothers Day weekend, the 7-9. So one weekend before. I imagine many of the festivities are the same. Never heard of the one in Boyne though. There is just too many festivals to keep track of in the summer up north a festival every week non-stop until winter pretty much.

Edited by pretzel_king (04/26/10 04:12 PM)

Invisibleanti-flag
one man army

Re: 50th annual National Morel Mushroom Festival May 13-16,Boyne City,MI [Re: pretzel_king]
    #12461271 - 04/26/10 05:48 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

pretzel_king said:
Quote:

anti-flag said:

Hey so I'm guessing your from around northern michigan too eh? I'm from the Mesick area (between traverse and cadillac) where we have our own "Mesick Mushroom Festival". We are the self proclaimed "Mushroom Capital Of The World". Mothers Day weekend, the 7-9. So one weekend before. I imagine many of the festivities are the same. Never heard of the one in Boyne though. There is just too many festivals to keep track of in the summer up north a festival every week non-stop until winter pretty much.

sweet,I'm around the detroit metro area but go up north for just about everthing.
I have only heard of this fest I posted. I was not aware of anymore.
How are the mush up by you?
I have found only 3 so far,of course I'm in the city so I have to drive 30 mins to find parks ect...

--------------------

Offlinepretzel_king
Fish Puppy

#12461366 - 04/26/10 06:06 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

Usually the morels are pretty good. Mesick kind of sits on the edge of two state forests so there is literally thousands of acres of wilderness if you feel adventurous enough. I live right across the street from a seasonal road that cuts through a big portion of one of the forest and I also live on 40 acres of semi wooded land so I get mushrooms only a short walk/drive away. Right now I'm in the UP finishing up my semester at Tech so I haven't had the chance to go hunting yet but this weekend I'm going for sure, should be pretty good hunting we have been getting enough rain downstate and its been warm enough.

OfflineKada
Asha'man
Male User Gallery

Re: 50th annual National Morel Mushroom Festival May 13-16,Boyne City,MI [Re: pretzel_king]
    #12473178 - 04/28/10 06:28 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

Check this out! I found most of these all in the same spot. All under a walnut tree that had broken branches and leaves all over. Ground Score!!!

--------------------

"I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them.
I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do." -Robert A. Heinlein

Live long and prosper.

Invisibleanti-flag
one man army

#12473185 - 04/28/10 06:29 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Kada said:
Check this out! I found most of these all in the same spot. All under a walnut tree that had broken branches and leaves all over. Ground Score!!!

:crazy2:
In Michigan? What area?

--------------------

OfflineKada
Asha'man
Male User Gallery

#12473199 - 04/28/10 06:31 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

I found these in North Eastern Indiana.

--------------------

Live long and prosper.

Invisibleanti-flag
one man army

#12473234 - 04/28/10 06:36 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Kada said:
I found these in North Eastern Indiana.

Lucky! You guys just had rain not to long ago.
We should have got alot but it missed us.
I hope this weekend it's wet then upper 50's.

--------------------

OfflineKada
Asha'man
Male User Gallery

#12473260 - 04/28/10 06:39 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

It's perfect right now for them. We had rain all weekend and now it's about 60-65 out.

--------------------

Live long and prosper.

InvisibleEpilson Lyrae
Armed with hammers
Male User Gallery

#12473374 - 04/28/10 06:57 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

Kada, I'm on my way. Our season is all but over and I'm only a couple/few hundred miles south of you.
I'll bring bacon!

--------------------
I've come to believe that the heart is the filter of the enlightened mind. Epilson Lyrae

Invisibleanti-flag
one man army

Re: 50th annual National Morel Mushroom Festival May 13-16,Boyne City,MI [Re: Epilson Lyrae]
    #12473384 - 04/28/10 07:00 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

gngsteroflove said:
Kada, I'm on my way. Our season is all but over and I'm only a couple/few hundred miles south of you.
I'll bring bacon!

I'm only 4 hours away,we should have a party :electrickoolaid:

--------------------

InvisibleEpilson Lyrae
Armed with hammers
Male User Gallery

#12473427 - 04/28/10 07:06 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

We could meet at Turkey Run, get baked and raft down the river.
I'd go.
I'll bring world famous bloody mary's if someone brings the post graduate womens volley ball team.:grin:

--------------------

Invisibleanti-flag
one man army

#12473517 - 04/28/10 07:21 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

very nice this volley team you say yes...:borat:

--------------------

Edited by anti-flag (04/28/10 07:22 PM)

Offlinepretzel_king
Fish Puppy

#12511417 - 05/05/10 03:41 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

I am kind of disappointed to see the black morels are gone already, but grays and white are fine with me. I have only found 5 so far and I went pretty much all day saturday lets hope this rain the last few days gets them popping up.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom