Home | Community | Message Board

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineOutkastSlug
Musician/Performer

Loc: B.C., Canada
ego death
    #1241703 - 01/23/03 03:29 AM (21 years, 2 months ago)

There seems to have been alot of questions going around lately about ego death, and exactly what it is. I don't know myself, either. So I'm hoping all you guys will chip in with your experiences and such to explain to the rest of us what it is.

Last time I tripped off about 6 grams, a couple hours into it, it felt like I was looking at my whole life from a distance. As if I was another person. And I wondered why this guy's life I was looking at (my own), was so messed up. Is this ego loss? Or is this just me being really fucked up?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineGthirteens
GovernmentalStrain 13
Re: ego death [Re: OutkastSlug]
    #1241723 - 01/23/03 03:42 AM (21 years, 2 months ago)

I'm pretty sure ego death means you lose all sense of who you are! You no longer know who you are, or what you are!

I can't say I've reached that level quite yet, but I can say I almost have. I've had some real intense level 4 trips. One for example was with 6g of dry mush, then one hour later I ate 2 pieces of jimmy hendrix acid. I tripped forever that night, it was amazing! I didn't know what it would be like mixing the two, but it was very nice! I had a tree try to grab my friend that night;)

Peace
Gthirteens - "It's all I ever smoke"

--------------------
Nostalgiaholic -

Fresh Times Past Age Like Wine,
More and More Precious All the Time

We have found they can intoxicate,
Blurring the Reality of our State

As I pluck them off my Aged Mental Vine,
Fresh Times Past Taste Like Wine

InvisibleDropsy
Lot Attendant
    #1241802 - 01/23/03 04:32 AM (21 years, 2 months ago)

One definition of ego, and the important one here, is consciousness. Your ego is your consciousness.

When you experience egoloss you are no longer feel like yourself, putting it lightly.

I once took 5 grams of Cubensis and totally forgot who or what I was. I didn't know that I had taken any drugs and I wasn't aware enough of my own feelings to actually feel anything. Everything just was (and was very unlike anything I have ever experienced). There were moments where the trip would calm down a bit, but still no feeling. I did sometimes ask what was going on and couldn't tell if my eyes were open or closed.

I would say that is egoloss.. I'd like to describe the experience even more, but I don't want to type that much.

Edited by Dropsy (01/23/03 04:35 AM)

OfflineDr. Slavic
enthusiast
Re: ego death [Re: Dropsy]
    #1243358 - 01/23/03 02:14 PM (21 years, 2 months ago)

personality loss for the most part. Being able to look at life like you have never before. Pretty much going outside yourself and seeing the world from a different veiw. Like your an observer from another world. Tearing down your walls for a while. Well thats my opinion. The original definition for ego is abillity to accept reality and cope with it. Like going along with society(fuck that).

OfflineSeussA
Error: divide byzero

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Caribbean
    #1243535 - 01/23/03 03:05 PM (21 years, 2 months ago)

Ego loss is not the loss of ones self, but rather the loss of ones desire. When want no longer biases what you experience, you see the world and yourself as if for the first time. The experience is understood at some basic level of being, but is difficult to understand or put into words.

Only you can know if you have had ego loss or not. If you know that you have had ego loss, then you probably haven't.

--------------------
Just another spore in the wind.

OfflineKanibus
Killa KanProductions

Loc: Canada
Re: ego death [Re: Dr. Slavic]
    #1243551 - 01/23/03 03:07 PM (21 years, 2 months ago)

Ive had a trip experiance that came very close to ego death. I didnt know who or what i was and where i was. All i knew was that i was in a totally new world where colors and patterns were constantly changing and warping.

--------------------
~~~~ CHECK THIS SHIT OUT ~~~~
http://www.geocities.com/magicmushroominfo/
http://www.geocities.com/killakanproductions/
~~~~ CHECK THIS SHIT OUT ~~~~

OfflineFlusH
Random person on Internet

Loc: Bizzaro World
Re: ego death [Re: Seuss]
    #1243820 - 01/23/03 04:37 PM (21 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Only you can know if you have had ego loss or not. If you know that you have had ego loss, then you probably haven't.

It is true that only you know if you yourself have experienced ego loss. But could you explain yourself a bit more? You basically cancel yourself out with that last sentence, so technically you have not experienced ego loss yourself? I know I have, I remember the experience very vividly I don't really want to re post/cross post so if you are interested go back to General Questions and read my post in "i ate my first home grown batch ". I am just having a hard time putting your thoughts into context.

--------------------

InvisibleCow Shit Collector
Patty Poacher

Loc: Random Field
Re: ego death [Re: FlusH]
    #1244158 - 01/23/03 06:56 PM (21 years, 2 months ago)

Ego Loss = Enlightened Peak

--------------------

Life's a garden, Dig it!
~Joe Dirt

Off Topic Website

OfflineFlusH
Random person on Internet

Loc: Bizzaro World
Re: ego death [Re: Cow Shit Collector]
    #1244228 - 01/23/03 07:30 PM (21 years, 2 months ago)

Best summary I have heard yet.  Good job! :cool: 

--------------------

InvisibleJoshua
Holoman
Male

Loc: The Matrix
    #1244256 - 01/23/03 07:40 PM (21 years, 2 months ago)

Ego death to me is an experience in which you can no longer identify yourself. It feels like I am everything but perspective. I retain this ego loss even now. I have gradualy come to the realisation that I am everything and that it is everything that gives me form. In this respect I must treat everything with respect if I am to reach happiness and that I must strive to lose my ego and to retain this enlightenment.

I think overall ego loss can be best described as the loss of desire. Desire is attached to the paradigm your mind has created. If you lose that paradigm, you lose desire.

I must be careful though as my biological nature requires me to retain desire. It is therefor a fine line to walk, that of enlightenment and happiness.

Joshua

--------------------
The Shroomery Bookstore

Great books for inquiring minds!

"Life After Death is Saprophytic!"

InvisibleAlkaloids
3,4,5-trimethoxyphenethylamine
Male

Loc: pubis mons
Re: ego death [Re: Joshua]
    #1244273 - 01/23/03 07:46 PM (21 years, 2 months ago)

and survival. *lol*

--------------------

OfflineSnuffelzFurever
Psychonaut

Loc: Miami, florida
Re: ego death [Re: Seuss]
    #1244906 - 01/24/03 04:08 AM (21 years, 2 months ago)

yep! its mad crazy to feel (not relly an appropriate word i guess) that way...

Quote:

Ego loss is not the loss of ones self, but rather the loss of ones desire. When want no longer biases what you experience, you see the world and yourself as if for the first time. The experience is understood at some basic level of being, but is difficult to understand or put into words.

--------------------
"I think it's time we stop
Children, What's the sound,
Everybody look what's going down"

Offlineaguynameddan
100%Satisfaction
Loc: the middle bristle of you...
Re: ego death [Re: SnuffelzFurever]
    #1245136 - 01/24/03 05:42 AM (21 years, 2 months ago)

the closest thing I came to ego loss was getting lost within the visual behind my closed eyes and forgetting that I was a person on drugs and just existed in the bright neon blue patterns.

I can think of a description, but it wont come out of my mouth right no matter how I put it.

However I dont think it was full on ego loss, it just kinda gave me a taste of it more or less... if thats possible.

best and worst trip I ever had

--------------------
Take it easy, and if you can take it easy , take it twice.

Invisiblechinacat72
eyes of theworld
 User Gallery

Loc: Terrapin Station
Re: ego death [Re: aguynameddan]
    #1245325 - 01/24/03 06:57 AM (21 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

I can think of a description, but it wont come out of my mouth right no matter how I put it.

ego loss is definately beyond word`s.
just can`t describe it . it wouldn`t do it justice :grin:
so i`ll quote jerry garcia :grin:  rolling stone jan. 20 1972
"to get really high is to forget yourself. and to forget yourself is to see everything else. and to see everything else is to become an understanding molecule of evolution, a conscious tool of the universe" :wink: 

--------------------
Some rise
Some fall
Some climb
To get to Terrapin!!!

Offlineaguynameddan
100%Satisfaction
Loc: the middle bristle of you...
Re: ego death [Re: chinacat72]
    #1245449 - 01/24/03 07:50 AM (21 years, 2 months ago)

do you think it would be as big of a deal if complete "ego" death was easily achieved?

--------------------
Take it easy, and if you can take it easy , take it twice.

OfflineCaptBeefheart
Psychonaut

#1245831 - 01/24/03 10:19 AM (21 years, 2 months ago)

I discovered ego loss on a green microdot of LSD. The problem is that describing the experience is impossible because words are irrelevant at that level. As other posters have said, you don't know who you are or where you are. I remember thinking 'what is where? and where is what?!!!!
I had no concept of anything that I could use words to describe! It is something beyond the human existence, therefore egoless.

--------------------
"Real men don't dance, they sit,sweat and curse."
- Bill Hicks

Invisiblechinacat72
eyes of theworld
 User Gallery

Loc: Terrapin Station
    #1245857 - 01/24/03 10:41 AM (21 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

do you think it would be as big of a deal if complete "ego" death was easily achieved?

i don`t understand your question

--------------------
Some rise
Some fall
Some climb
To get to Terrapin!!!

InvisibleGalvie_Flu
 User Gallery

Re: ego death [Re: chinacat72]
    #1289915 - 02/07/03 08:30 PM (21 years, 2 months ago)

mabey the key word isnt ego loss, but ego "rebirth" its the coming too, i dont think anyone can remember ego loss, cuz once its gone, its gone, its basically amnesia.

Offlineinsanelane
When I touch mypeepee it getsbig
Re: ego death [Re: Galvie_Flu]
    #1289929 - 02/07/03 08:39 PM (21 years, 2 months ago)

I already don't know who I am, or what is here, or who is when, lol. Seriously tohugh, I haven't quite experienced ego death. To me, it feels like for the past forever, I have no clue who I am, looking in the mirror, I always wonder, why am I like this? I have a very good self esteem, I don't suffer from thinking I look ugly looking in the mirror while tripping, I just wonder. I have came close to ego death I think, It's impossilbe to describe how I felt then, or on a day to day basis, I guess the best way to sum it up, for me anyways is that I'm a wave in the ocean, I KNOW I am the ocean, but as the wave, I realize how little I know.

OfflinePDU
travel kid vs.amerika
 User Gallery

Loc: beautiful BC
    #1292646 - 02/09/03 05:35 AM (21 years, 2 months ago)

My experience was exactly as you put it, off of 7 dried grams....seeing your life from another persons eyes pretty much. I lost all sense of bias, i was an observer in my own life.......past, present, and Future. This mind set let me figure out ALOT which has put me way more "ontrack" than most people my age, it let me figure out some things i had had difficulty confronting for many months.

Anyways, to me that is the beginning stages of ego loss. I was in absolute agony at some of the things i went through that night. However, i guess i just cant completely let go because i was still aware that it was MY life i was examining, and could still make useful sense of it all. I was on the verge though..

--------------------
GO OUTSIDE.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate