Home | Community | Message Board

Mycohaus
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   North Spore Bulk Substrate, Injection Grain Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinefugu
Pooh-Bah

Loc: istanbul
do i have to sterialize the verms
    #1245079 - 01/24/03 05:22 AM (21 years, 2 months ago)

i exacly dont know but i think in a few days my 4 timed casing look a little dry to me because i havent got enough verms so i collect my old verms from the garden but its really to boring from some moment .then i use some horse dung .in the morning i give a mist to my incubated casings they really look to dry to me maybe its the cause of dunk .if i decided to use a little verm on top do i have to put them in pc or just soak in water a then put the top of my casing layer

--------------------
mushroom culture history making ...Mr. Allan is the best .....

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineViking
"I've beenworking on myrr..rou..routine!"

Loc: Ontario, Canada
Re: do i have to sterialize the verms [Re: fugu]
    #1245336 - 01/24/03 07:04 AM (21 years, 2 months ago)

The general consensus here seems to be that there is no need to sterilize verm. It's basically carbon and assorted minerals, so there is no nutrition for moulds or bacteria to feed on. I've covered several casings with unsterilized verm and so far no problems (knock on wood)

Viking

Invisiblez@z.com
Libertarian
Loc: ATL
Re: do i have to sterialize the verms [Re: fugu]
    #1245400 - 01/24/03 07:24 AM (21 years, 2 months ago)

I don't know if it's just because I'm high or what, but I can't seem to understand exactly what you are trying to say. I steralize my vermiculite for 10 minutes in the microwave, but I have also used unsteralized vermiculite with success. I would steralize it though.

--------------------
"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." - C.S. Lewis

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniencies attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson

Invisiblerazer
enthusiast
Re: do i have to sterialize the verms [Re: z@z.com]
    #1245416 - 01/24/03 07:29 AM (21 years, 2 months ago)

Well I dont normally sterilize vermiculite.... but then agian I dont go and pick it out of my garden piece by piece. In your case, I'd nuke it a few min then it should all be good.
And then go buy yourself a bag of fresh vermiculite...

--------------------
All events stated by myself are only fictionous stories, any relations to true events are intirely coincidental.

Offlinefugu
Pooh-Bah

Loc: istanbul
Re: do i have to sterialize the verms [Re: z@z.com]
    #1245418 - 01/24/03 07:31 AM (21 years, 2 months ago)

i made this a topic but no one writes how many weeks does the mycelia feed from the grains

--------------------
mushroom culture history making ...Mr. Allan is the best .....

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   North Spore Bulk Substrate, Injection Grain Bag