Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | Next >  [ show all ]
Offlinedeadmeat986
Stranger

Loc: BFE
Re: AZ passes racist immigration law... [Re: JT]
    #12451081 - 04/24/10 08:00 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

i'd like to point out to people who bitching about this. 1) they broke a law aready. 2) they are taking construction jobs not just picking food or mowing grass. 3) poeple yelling about this better watch out cause they will over turn state right on weed too. Can't have it both ways. If you want state's rights can't bitch what another state does. So which is it states right or fed? Cause say fed on this one they will use this case over turn every mj law out there.

--------------------

"Whoever appeals to the law against his fellow man is either a fool or a coward. Whoever cannot take care of himself without that law is both. For a wounded man shall say to his assalent, "If I live I will kill you, if I die you are forgiven". Such is the Rule of Honor."

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlineshroommachine
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Loc: Florida
Re: AZ passes racist immigration law... [Re: deadmeat986]
    #12451116 - 04/24/10 08:11 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

"Here at our sea-washed, sunset gates shall stand
A mighty woman with a torch, whose flame
Is the imprisoned lightning, and her name
Mother of Exiles. From her beacon-hand
Glows world-wide welcome; her mild eyes command
The air-bridged harbor that twin cities frame.
"Keep, ancient lands, your storied pomp!" cries she
' With silent lips. "Give me your tired, your poor,
Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,
The wretched refuse of your teeming shore.
Send these, the homeless, tempest-tossed to me,
I lift my lamp beside the golden door!"

The concept of an illegal immigrant is unamerican. Immigration should be 100% legal. This was supposed to be a free country.

--------------------
And I said, I don't care if they lay me off either, because I told, I told Bill that if they move my desk one more time, then, then I'm, I'm quitting, I'm going to quit. And, and I told Don too, because they've moved my desk ...four times already this year and I used to be over by the window and I could see the squirrels, and they were merry, but then, they switched from the Swingline to the Boston stapler, but I kept my Swingline stapler because it didn't bind up as much and I kept the staples for the Swingline stapler and its not okay because if they take my stapler then I'll set the building on fire.

InvisibleAnnapurna1
liberal pussy
Female User Gallery

Loc: innsmouth..MA
Re: AZ passes racist immigration law... [Re: deadmeat986]
    #12451123 - 04/24/10 08:14 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

deadmeat986 said:
i'd like to point out to people who bitching about this. 1) they broke a law aready. 2) they are taking construction jobs not just picking food or mowing grass. 3) poeple yelling about this better watch out cause they will over turn state right on weed too. Can't have it both ways. If you want state's rights can't bitch what another state does. So which is it states right or fed? Cause say fed on this one they will use this case over turn every mj law out there.

apples & oranges...

first of all..read the text of the 10th amendment..below ..

Quote:

The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people.

and the first paragraph of the 14th amendment ..

Quote:

1. All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the State wherein they reside. No State shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any State deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws.

the "privileges and immunities" clause is constitutionally mandated.. and as such trumps state law...the AZ statute violates this clause because it would subject certain US citizens to police harassment...

the feds' case against marijuana..however..is more questionable..since marijuana is neither delegated to the feds nor prohibited to the states by the constitution.. although it has stood up nicely in the SCOTUS...

--------------------

"anchor blocks counteract the process of pontiprobation..while omalean globes regulize the pressure"...

OfflineRogerRabbitV
Bans for Pleasure
Male User Gallery

Loc: Seattle
Re: AZ passes racist immigration law... [Re: Annapurna1]
    #12451172 - 04/24/10 08:32 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

This so-called law targets nobody because it's illegal from the start.  Apparently the AZ politicos are not aware that 'illegal alien' status speaks of being in the country illegally, making it a federal matter, not state.  A state can no more regulate immigration than they can regulate the airspace over their state.  It's just grandstanding to make a point.
RR

--------------------
Download Let's Grow Mushrooms

semper in excretia sumus solim profundum variat

"I've never had a failed experiment.  I've only discovered 10,000 methods which do not work."
Thomas Edison

InvisiblePrisoner#1
Even Dumber ThanAdvertized!
 User Gallery

Loc: Pvt. Pubfag NutSuck
    #12451310 - 04/24/10 09:06 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

JT said:
Quote:

Prisoner#1 said:under existing laws immigrantrs are required to always keep in their possession their immigration residence  card, so what's actually changed?

immigrants. not citizens. the citizens will be profiled along with the immigrants.

illegal aliens, immigrants are documented, come through the system in a
legal fashion, illegal aliens jump the border and have no documentation

Quote:

Quote:

so guatamalans, equadorans, bolivians, etc... are all exempt from the laws?

no...

then why all this talk of targeting mexicans

InvisiblePrisoner#1
 User Gallery

Re: AZ passes racist immigration law... [Re: shroommachine]
    #12451319 - 04/24/10 09:10 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

shroommachine said:
Immigration should be 100% legal.

it is 100% legal when you go through the system to gain residency/citizenship or even worker status

InvisibleSimplicitry
Just another mushroom lover
Male

#12452614 - 04/25/10 07:27 AM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

JT said:
sure, they don't have to carry identification...just proof that they are citizens. big difference, right?

and let's cut the shit...we know that in arizona, the target is illegal mexican immigrants. even though the law does not specifically mention them, it would be naive to say that they aren't going to be targeted more than whites.

Of coarse everyone knows that Mexicans are the ilegal aliens in Arizona. That still doesn't change the fact that there are laws that prevent them from forcing an American Mexican to show ID

what the United States Supreme Court said. What the United States Supreme Court held in Hiibel v. Sixth Judicial Dist. Court (2004) 542 U.S. 177, was that a state could make it a crime for a person to refuse to identify himself (i.e., tell the officer his name and address) when lawfully detained for criminal activity. Note that the Supreme Court did NOT say that any kind of identification papers could be required. There is no law in the United States requiring everybody to carry ID, at least not yet.

You have to be commiting a criminal activity or operating a motor vehicle to be required by law to show your identification.

So no they can't shake down Mexicans based on the ethnicity.

This applies to whites, asians, blacks and hispanics alike

This is a little thing call fact that many people like to over look because when it contradicts there veiw point.

The Bill http://www.azleg.gov/legtext/49leg/2r/bills/sb1070s.pdf

Where was the part about people being required to have ID on that all time
Where's the part about road stops checking peoples ID's
There not there. You apperantly just choose to ignore facts you don't like

--------------------

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants."

I think we should cut all the social parasites from their welfare checks. Then they will either find a means to support themselves or starve to death, either of wich is good for the economy and society.

I have a dream that one day this nation will rise up and live out the true meaning of its creed: "We hold these truths to be self-evident: that all men are created equal."

"Islam in a man is worse then rabies in a dog"

InvisibleSimplicitry
Male

Re: AZ passes racist immigration law... [Re: RogerRabbit]
    #12452619 - 04/25/10 07:29 AM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

RogerRabbit said:
A state can no more regulate immigration than they can regulate the airspace over their state.
RR

Really. I think Arizona just did.

--------------------

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants."

I think we should cut all the social parasites from their welfare checks. Then they will either find a means to support themselves or starve to death, either of wich is good for the economy and society.

I have a dream that one day this nation will rise up and live out the true meaning of its creed: "We hold these truths to be self-evident: that all men are created equal."

InvisibleSimplicitry
Male

#12452922 - 04/25/10 09:53 AM (13 years, 10 months ago)

P
Quote:

Annapurna1 said:
Quote:

Prisoner#1 said:
Quote:

Annapurna1 said:
i doubt that any swedes would be stupid enough to want to live in a country infested with neo-nazi thugs...in any case..you still dont know how many swedes are here illegally...

they already do, sweden has plenty of neo nazi twats running around,
there's more than 20 million illegals here from almost every nation, more
than 100k canadian illegals are among them, is it still racist when it
applies to anyone with an undocumented status?

but the AZ statute doesnt apply to "anyone with an undocumented status".. it is specifically aimed at ppl who merely look like they might fall into that category...if a swedish illegal immigrant and a hispanic or asian US citizen are both walking down the street in phoenix.. then the innocent party is subject to police harassment under the new law.. while the guilty party slips by unnoticed...as such..one could argue that the new law violates the 14th amendment privileges and immunities clause...

On what page and what line does it say anyone will have to show ID to walk down the street. Oh, that right, you don't like facts, because they work against your rhetoric

--------------------

OfflineJT
Male User Gallery

Loc: athens Flag
Re: AZ passes racist immigration law... [Re: Simplicitry]
    #12452956 - 04/25/10 10:09 AM (13 years, 10 months ago)

i haven't read the whole bill. i am only referring to several news sources that i've read.

i'll check out the bill later tonight when i have time and try to find it.

OfflinePhred
Fred's son
Male

Loc: Dominican Republic
    #12452980 - 04/25/10 10:19 AM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Here is the text of the bill as signed by the Gov.

http://www.azleg.gov/legtext/49leg/2r/bills/sb1070h.pdf

Phred

--------------------

Offlinezappaisgod
horrid asshole

Loc: Fractallife's gym
Re: AZ passes racist immigration law... [Re: numonkei]
    #12454849 - 04/25/10 04:38 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

numonkei said:
Oh shit, Zappa's getting deported?

:nonono:

Passamaquoddy AND the Mayflower.  Pretty much all of you will go before me.

--------------------

Offlinezappaisgod
horrid asshole

Loc: Fractallife's gym
Re: AZ passes racist immigration law... [Re: zappaisgod]
    #12454858 - 04/25/10 04:39 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Redstorm, it is ludicrous to cite potential for abuse as cause to refrain from passing any law.  They can all be abused.

--------------------

OfflinePhred
Fred's son
Male

Loc: Dominican Republic
    #12459096 - 04/26/10 11:09 AM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Violence broke out at a political demonstration over the weekend, as protesters chased police officers, pelting them with rocks and bottles. Was this a gang of Tea Partiers running amok, as eagerly awaited by so many liberals? Well, no. The demonstration was at the state capitol in Arizona, against that state's new immigration statute:

Title of this Youtube clip is "Mexicans Riot in Wake of Arizona Immigration Crackdown"

Quote:

Have you seen a lot of consternation in the press about this violent demonstration? No, neither have I. Maybe that's because reporters think the Arizona law is polarizing.

Source - "A Violent Demonstration"

Phred

--------------------

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
Two inch dick..but it spins!?
 User Gallery

Loc: Lost In Space
Re: AZ passes racist immigration law... [Re: Phred]
    #12459147 - 04/26/10 11:22 AM (13 years, 10 months ago)

No surprise that the media doesn't report this. It wouldn't mesh well with their "illegal immigrants are basically law abiding" mantra.

The cops should have shot anyone throwing items at them.

--------------------
You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity. What one person receives without working for another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for that my dear friend is the beginning of the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it. ~ Adrian Rogers

OfflineFNFAL
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: AZ passes racist immigration law... [Re: luvdemshrooms]
    #12459353 - 04/26/10 12:12 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

illegal immigrants are basically law abiding" mantra.

How are fugitives law abiding? Illegal isn't a race, its a crime.

OfflineSeussA
Error: divide byzero

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Caribbean
Re: AZ passes racist immigration law... [Re: FNFAL]
    #12460145 - 04/26/10 02:22 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

> How are fugitives law abiding? Illegal isn't a race, its a crime.

Once the illegal aliens are given amnesty, they will be law abiding legal immigrants.

--------------------
Just another spore in the wind.

InvisiblePrisoner#1
 User Gallery

Re: AZ passes racist immigration law... [Re: Seuss]
    #12460468 - 04/26/10 03:27 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Seuss said:
Once the illegal aliens are given amnesty, they will be law abiding legal immigrants.

you're such an optimist, I'm sure the bulk of them will still be criminals,
they'll just be criminals that were granted citizenship for nothing

Invisiblemister
Nature nut
 User Gallery

Re: AZ passes racist immigration law... [Re: Prisoner#1] * 1
    #12461305 - 04/26/10 05:54 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Prisoner#1 said:
Quote:

Seuss said:

you're such an optimist, I'm sure the bulk of them will still be criminals,
they'll just be criminals that were granted citizenship for nothing

Then we put them in our prisons and taxpayers get to take care of them.

This was something that has been long over due. Why do you think that the economy is in such shit shape. Because these companies are using the illegals to do the work, while they are on all the state benefits that they can get with whatever the ID that they are using can get them. All the time the American citizen that wants to work can't because of some illegals taking all the jobs. During this same time the illegals are pushing the drugs from their home country to make up the difference in income, while the citizens go to prison for possessing them. To which, all the revenue goes to either the native country or a store of their native culture, which in turn, the revenue still is sent back to the home country after stock is bought with no revenue coming back to the state that these illegals are getting benefits from. Why is this shit so hard for motherfuckers to figure out?

--------------------

:mushroomgrow::mushroomgrow::mushroomgrow::mushroomgrow:AMU Q & A thread:mushroomgrow::mushroomgrow::mushroomgrow::mushroomgrow:

InvisiblePrisoner#1
 User Gallery

Re: AZ passes racist immigration law... [Re: mister]
    #12461426 - 04/26/10 06:18 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

many illegals have been growing in our national parks and using pesticides
that have been banned here for decades, they've expanded to meth and in the
atlanta area there's almost no day that goes by without hearing about a
raid on illegals having several pounds of the stuff or their labs

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale