Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds Zamnesia
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   OlympusMyco.com Mushroom Grow Bags   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Grow Bags   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineMeximus
Stranger

First venture, Inoculated 4 weeks ago.
    #12438812 - 04/22/10 03:32 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

22APR2010
I've been unemployed for awhile and I figured it's time to get a hobby.  Since I love hallucinogens so much this seemed as good as any, and it seems cheaper than paying for ammo (other hobby).  I've spent the last couple weeks reading up on different growing methods and strains.  I have settled on this.

6 1lb Rye Grain grow bags $36 + $10 S&H
2 1.5lb Millet Grain+"minerals" grow bags $20 + $10 S&H
1 10cc Syringe of Pink Buffalo from spores101.com $16 + $9 S&H
1 10cc syringe Gulf Coast from SNMR Inc $16 + $5 S&H
1 10cc syringe Penis Envy from Hawk $18 + $6.60 S&H
40 ct 3X3X.25 Regenerable Desiccant bags $32.80 + $8.35 S&H

My room stays at least 75F and 60-80% humidity.  The 42" HDTV contributes to much of the heat.

I figured I'd hedge my bets in case one of the spore suppliers shafted me.  I think SNMR Inc did.  The email I got from them telling me that they were out of the office and they'd send my order out in a week had all the dates correct for 2009.  Anyway, I was hoping for any words of wisdom from the veterans.  Also, how much do I inject for a 1lb bag?  I'm guessing 2cc, min, but the FAQ told me to ask and not to think.

Total $138.80 + $48.95 S&H

I do tend to overkill...

10MAY2010
Finally got all the crap in!

Inoculated 3 1lb bags with Gulf Coast
Inoculated 2 lb bags and 1 1.5lb bag with Penis Envy
Inoculated 2 1lb bags and 1 1.5lb bag with Pink Buffalo

Hopefully with this spread I'll get at least one going well.

17MAY2010

So far, only the bags inoculated with PE show any development, and there isn't much at that.

24MAY2010

The three bags with PE are going strong.  Two GC bags, the millet bag with PB have started to show mycelium.  I'm a bit concerned over the three rye bags that aren't showing any development yet.  Should I be?  Is there anything that I can do to fortify them.  They look a bit dry, just from cursory examination.  Maybe inject some distilled water?

I went ahead and mashed up the bags with PE.  They were in the 20%-30% colonization range.

01JUN2010

Well, the PE is almost at 100%.  The two GC bags are still more than a week's development behind them, as is the one PB bag.  Though, the three Rye Bags that weren't showing growth still are nor showing growth.  Can anyone give me some info on this?

08JUN2010

The millet bag with PE is ready for fruiting.  The two Rye bags are close and should be within the week.  Three of the Rye bags, two PB and one GC, still are showing no development while the other two Rye bags with GC are showing slowed development.  The millet bag that contained PB, which was shaken up last week has showed no further development.  Comments/suggestions would be appreciated.  If not, I am not seeing the point of keeping this post active.

Edited by Meximus (06/08/10 05:12 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinedicky21
Male User Gallery

Loc: UK Flag
Re: Just finished buying supplies for my first venture. [Re: Meximus]
    #12439415 - 04/22/10 05:42 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

2-3cc will be fine

--------------------

Invisibleprismism
 User Gallery

#12439446 - 04/22/10 05:46 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

don't buy presterilized grain bags off of the internet when you can make your own rye grain spawn for a fraction of the price.
and buy all of your spores from sporeworks.com. they are the best vendor hands down. and they give you a free syringe when you mention you are a shroomery member.

--------------------
ephemeral anomalous

Offlinedicky21
Male User Gallery

Loc: UK Flag
Re: Just finished buying supplies for my first venture. [Re: prismism]
    #12439463 - 04/22/10 05:50 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

prismism said:
don't buy presterilized grain bags off of the internet when you can make your own rye grain spawn for a fraction of the price.
and buy all of your spores from sporeworks.com. they are the best vendor hands down. and they give you a free syringe when you mention you are a shroomery member.

+1 :thumbup:

--------------------

OfflineMeximus
Stranger

Re: Just finished buying supplies for my first venture. [Re: prismism]
    #12439494 - 04/22/10 05:56 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

They only cost like $6 each.  Figured I'd do it since I hadn't seen any that cheap with built in injection ports and air filters.  That and I do attempt to do as little work as possible myself.  If I have to buy more I'll definitely check out that site though.

--------------------
"Religions are all alike -- founded upon fables and mythologies." - Thomas Jefferson, 3rd President of the US

"This would be the best of all possible worlds, if there were no religion in it." - John Adams, 2nd President of the US

"The government of the United States is not in any sense founded on the Christian Religion." - George Washington, 1st President of the US

Offlinecrzyn8
space monkey
Male User Gallery

Loc: hiding under your bed!
    #12439507 - 04/22/10 05:58 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

yeah seriously go with one of the sponsors on here for your spores not 101

--------------------
without pain we can never know pleasure

OfflineGiggle_Grower
A lil less noob each day
Male User Gallery

Loc: Shroomery
Re: Just finished buying supplies for my first venture. [Re: crzyn8]
    #12439729 - 04/22/10 06:41 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

Dont go wit spores101. everything i got from them was crap and nutin like what they advertised. even the strains i got from them weren't worth a shit and  I think it was all the same strain despite orders 4 varieties. even the tek they gave me to get started was old and outdated. stick with the sponsors, they are your best bet.

--------------------
I'm  always interested in trades.
The Awesome Purple Mystics
Noobs! The best tool here is up top to the right. Don't  forget about it. Just type your question in!:cool:
RR is my favorite source of knowledge. Check out his videos!

If I forgot to leave you a rating, please remind me.

OfflineMeximus
Stranger

Re: Just finished buying supplies for my first venture. [Re: Giggle_Grower]
    #12538317 - 05/10/10 05:00 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

Updated post.

--------------------
"Religions are all alike -- founded upon fables and mythologies." - Thomas Jefferson, 3rd President of the US

"This would be the best of all possible worlds, if there were no religion in it." - John Adams, 2nd President of the US

"The government of the United States is not in any sense founded on the Christian Religion." - George Washington, 1st President of the US

OfflineMeximus
Stranger

Re: First venture, Inoculated 1 week ago. Pictures. [Re: Meximus]
    #12580635 - 05/17/10 05:35 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Updated post

--------------------

Edited by Meximus (05/17/10 05:35 PM)

OfflineMeximus
Stranger

Re: First venture, Inoculated 2 weeks ago. Updated Pictures. [Re: Meximus]
    #12621419 - 05/24/10 05:17 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Updated post

--------------------

OfflineMeximus
Stranger

Re: First venture, Inoculated 3 weeks ago. [Re: Meximus]
    #12664311 - 05/31/10 11:48 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Updated post.

--------------------

OfflineMeximus
Stranger

Re: First venture, Inoculated 3 weeks ago. [Re: Meximus]
    #12718216 - 06/09/10 11:48 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

One of the seals on my room broke and I didn't catch it.  Humidity dropped down to 45% and it could have been that way for, at most, 9 hrs.  Should this affect the development?  The one bag has started to show small dark growths that resemble pin pricks.  This is the onset of pinning I assume?

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   OlympusMyco.com Mushroom Grow Bags   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Grow Bags   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds