Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Invisibleohmatic
searcher
 User Gallery

Loc: europe
Trusted Cultivator
Re: POLL (reworded, pls re-vote) - SPLITTING THE GROW FORUMS [Re: Wronguy]
    #5161449 - 01/10/06 03:41 AM (18 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Wronguy said:
Interesting idea. We do have the Mushroom Cultivation Archive which encompasses some of what you're talking about. Perhaps this would be the place to add these other items.

which is btw used a LOT to little.
great info in there, people just dont seem to care to take a look.
peace ohm :mushroom2:

--------------------
:penis: MONOTUB tek :sun: HEATBOMB tek :penis:

RIP #cultivation! ....can't associate? well FUCK U !

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlineillmannered_1
In training
Male User Gallery

Loc: The Great Northwest Flag
Re: POLL (reworded, pls re-vote) - SPLITTING THE GROW FORUMS [Re: shirley knott]
    #12433145 - 04/21/10 04:38 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

shit, did'nt realize how old this was. Sorry

Edited by illmannered_1 (04/21/10 04:43 PM)

OfflineRogerRabbitM
Bans for Pleasure
Male User Gallery

Loc: Seattle
Trusted Cultivator
OG Cultivator
Re: POLL (reworded, pls re-vote) - SPLITTING THE GROW FORUMS [Re: illmannered_1]
    #12434900 - 04/21/10 10:23 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

We're still discussing splitting cultivation into a noob lounge and the regular board.  For beginner questions about cakes, inoculation, sterile procedure, etc., we'd handle those in the noob lounge.  However, I'm not so sure it's a good idea.  It could turn into a nightmare when people post in the 'wrong' forum. :shitfan:
RR

--------------------
Download Let's Grow Mushrooms

semper in excretia sumus solim profundum variat

"I've never had a failed experiment.  I've only discovered 10,000 methods which do not work."
Thomas Edison

InvisibleTacoHerder
Bluedavenger
Male User Gallery

Re: POLL (reworded, pls re-vote) - SPLITTING THE GROW FORUMS [Re: RogerRabbit]
    #12434930 - 04/21/10 10:28 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

RogerRabbit said:
We're still discussing splitting cultivation into a noob lounge and the regular board.  For beginner questions about cakes, inoculation, sterile procedure, etc., we'd handle those in the noob lounge.  However, I'm not so sure it's a good idea.  It could turn into a nightmare when people post in the 'wrong' forum. :shitfan:
RR

def. not a good ideal. a noobs still gonna act like a noob. i know i did.... we already have an advanced forum. just need to show them a list of everything they need to know, block posting privileges for a week so they can only use the search function... stuff like that.

--------------------
TO ALL CULTIVATORS, EVERYTHING YOU NEED TO KNOW http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/10899385
We need more member like mycochef, he is truly a kind giving person. Just ask Noobie, mycochef hooked him up big time!
Fastest Cultivation WINNER!!!! NoOneKnowsHowToAct won it twice, must be doing something right:super:

Shoot me a pm if you would like a powerful custom laser built. :smile: 4th pic is a 1.3W 445nm laser burning thru some plastic makeup containers. Yes I was wearing proper safety goggles, otherwise I would be blind right now.

Offlineillmannered_1
In training
Male User Gallery

Loc: The Great Northwest Flag
    #12435279 - 04/21/10 11:20 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

I'd be afraid that my noob questions would be answered by noobs. Sometimes no advice is better than bad advice.

I also understand how at some point an experienced cultivator would get tired of being subjected to the same damn questions day after day. Maybe posting privileges could get suspended for asking some of those questions that are easily found using the search.

Offlinec1dh3d
The elephant is BACK
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Flag
Re: POLL (reworded, pls re-vote) - SPLITTING THE GROW FORUMS [Re: illmannered_1]
    #12435346 - 04/21/10 11:32 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

I totally just started a post on this in the announcements forum : /

Offlinescatmanrav
Brainy Smurf

Trusted Cultivator
Re: POLL (reworded, pls re-vote) - SPLITTING THE GROW FORUMS [Re: c1dh3d]
    #12436875 - 04/22/10 10:11 AM (13 years, 11 months ago)

The advanced forum is not good for those of us in between though. I was against a split before, but now, I think a "noob lounge" might be pretty good. Might not, but it might.

--------------------
"life is like a drop of rain getting closer and closer to falling into a lake, and then when you hit the lake there is no more rain drop, only the lake."

Growing with bags, start to finish (including my new grain and substrate prep)
Anyone looking to start bulk tubs/mono tubs/shotgun hybrids? Good tubs to use..
How I do grain (old still good tips)
Turn your closet into a fruiting chamber
Casing layer colonization and overlay

OfflineRogerRabbitM
Bans for Pleasure
Male User Gallery

Loc: Seattle
Trusted Cultivator
OG Cultivator
Re: POLL (reworded, pls re-vote) - SPLITTING THE GROW FORUMS [Re: scatmanrav]
    #12436985 - 04/22/10 10:32 AM (13 years, 11 months ago)

One of the ideas floating is for new members to only have posting privileges in the noob lounges either 2 weeks or until 'bumped' by a moderator to posting privileges in the other forums.

New members could read all the forums, but only post in the noob forums.  I'm personally not sure about this.  It would help keep the repetitive 'how long to pc' questions away from cultivation, but in reality, mushroom cultivation IS a noob forum.
RR

--------------------
Download Let's Grow Mushrooms

semper in excretia sumus solim profundum variat

"I've never had a failed experiment.  I've only discovered 10,000 methods which do not work."
Thomas Edison

Offlinescatmanrav
Brainy Smurf

Trusted Cultivator
    #12437039 - 04/22/10 10:42 AM (13 years, 11 months ago)

But there are a number of posts that arent that noobish, but not advanced enough for the advanced forum. I assumed that you wouldnt be able to post in the regular forum until a certain numbers of posts and time like some of the others..I think that would be a good idea. I'm sure the regular forum would still have alot of threads that belong in the noob forum...but if we can get rid of 1/2 of the posts that get asked over and over again by putting them somewhere else, thats cool.:cool:

--------------------
"life is like a drop of rain getting closer and closer to falling into a lake, and then when you hit the lake there is no more rain drop, only the lake."

Growing with bags, start to finish (including my new grain and substrate prep)
Anyone looking to start bulk tubs/mono tubs/shotgun hybrids? Good tubs to use..
How I do grain (old still good tips)
Turn your closet into a fruiting chamber
Casing layer colonization and overlay

InvisibleTacoHerder
Bluedavenger
Male User Gallery

#12439009 - 04/22/10 04:13 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

RogerRabbit said:
New members could read all the forums, but only post in the noob forums.  I'm personally not sure about this.  It would help keep the repetitive 'how long to pc' questions away from cultivation, but in reality, mushroom cultivation IS a noob forum.
RR

Tell that to my ego :murray:

but seriously, how about making them only able to post questions on 1 main thread for all members for 2 weeks or less to tryand get help. this way we could still help them out if needed and they wouldnt get 4 threads going at the same time over the same topic:shrug:

--------------------
TO ALL CULTIVATORS, EVERYTHING YOU NEED TO KNOW http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/10899385
We need more member like mycochef, he is truly a kind giving person. Just ask Noobie, mycochef hooked him up big time!
Fastest Cultivation WINNER!!!! NoOneKnowsHowToAct won it twice, must be doing something right:super:

Shoot me a pm if you would like a powerful custom laser built. :smile: 4th pic is a 1.3W 445nm laser burning thru some plastic makeup containers. Yes I was wearing proper safety goggles, otherwise I would be blind right now.

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7  [ show all ]

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder