Home | Community | Message Board

Mycohaus
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Offlinedwtk
it all rolls into one
Male User Gallery

Loc: Franklin's Tower
fuck. scalpers.
    #12430948 - 04/21/10 09:38 AM (13 years, 11 months ago)

I just finished buying the last 2 out of 6 phish tickets I needed, the two nights in Georgia :facepalm:

They're nice seats, but they were both $140 each on stub hub. I know I could have waited until then and scalped for much cheaper at the venue, but it's worth the huge relief of having the tickets ahead of time before booking a hotel and taking the drive. Anything above that and I wouldn't have done it, in fact it was the forced shipping and "fees" that added another 20 bucks to each ticket.

The same problem happened with Furthur, although I was very lucky to get into the Asheville show for face value by using craigslist. Maybe I'll be as lucky when Modest Mouse plays at the Orange Peel this summer.

--------------------

Edited by dwtk (04/21/10 09:47 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinedwtk
it all rolls into one
Male User Gallery

Re: fuck. scalpers. [Re: dwtk]
    #12430957 - 04/21/10 09:41 AM (13 years, 11 months ago)

On a side note, why is the Georgia venue so expensive? Is it a very popular place for them to play? There were other venues that sold out but only a few cost 100+ for even lawn.

--------------------

Edited by dwtk (04/21/10 09:46 AM)

Offlinenismo2491
i will teach you real kung fu
Male User Gallery

Loc: On The Beach, FL Flag
    #12430963 - 04/21/10 09:42 AM (13 years, 11 months ago)

I'm driving up with 7 people from Melbourne FL, its pretty popular place so I've heard.
first phish concert for me, going with a bunch of veterans though.  Going w/o tickets, with a ounce of shrooms and some other goodies. gonna try to trade shrooms for tix.

--------------------
Semi-Official Shroomery Fantasy Hockey 2010 League
"I just solved world peace! Everybody just needs to take a piss!"
Ythan said: nismo2491 won the ban lotto for the week of May 09, 2010
Shroomery - #1 Distraction from Studying

InvisibleMcTwist
Stoned Stranger
Male

Re: fuck. scalpers. [Re: nismo2491]
    #12431185 - 04/21/10 10:40 AM (13 years, 11 months ago)

I paid like $52 for a ticket last lottery for the second night of philly. This time around I will just purchase all of my tix in the lot because there are always scalpers about and my friend drove up to MSG for night one and received a free ticket. The only shows I have doubts about is the last two nights of the tour, but I'm still sure I can get tickets for those.

Invisibleidiotek
 User Gallery

#12431390 - 04/21/10 11:21 AM (13 years, 11 months ago)

I didn't realize Modest Mouse was going to be at the Orange Peel this summer.  I checked their calendar a few weeks back and didn't see it.  I'm going to Asheville tomorrow so maybe I'll drop in the Peel and see if I can get a ticket ahead of time.  Thanks for the heads up.

Invisiblejewunit
Brutal!
Male User Gallery

Loc: Ohio Flag
Re: fuck. scalpers. [Re: idiotek]
    #12431403 - 04/21/10 11:25 AM (13 years, 11 months ago)

In all honesty if you've seen them before I wouldn't bother.

It's not bad, but it's pretty... average. And I'd say I'm a pretty big fan of MM's music.

Edit: Then again live music is live music.

--------------------
!

OfflineDrchemist
Prying open my third-eye.

Loc: Ottoman Empire Flag
Re: fuck. scalpers. [Re: jewunit]
    #12431412 - 04/21/10 11:26 AM (13 years, 11 months ago)

Are there locations on the Modest Mouse tour yet?

--------------------

Invisibleidiotek
 User Gallery

#12431425 - 04/21/10 11:29 AM (13 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

jewunit said:
In all honesty if you've seen them before I wouldn't bother.

It's not bad, but it's pretty... average. And I'd say I'm a pretty big fan of MM's music.

Edit: Then again live music is live music.

I haven't been fortunate enough to catch them live.  I would also like to at least check out Johnny Marr doing his thing in person, although it would have been much nicer in the 80s during his Smiths days.

Invisibleidiotek
 User Gallery

#12431430 - 04/21/10 11:30 AM (13 years, 11 months ago)

.. and I just read on Wikipedia that he left the band last year.  :crankey:

Invisiblejewunit
Brutal!
Male User Gallery

Loc: Ohio Flag
    #12431432 - 04/21/10 11:31 AM (13 years, 11 months ago)

He doesn't tour with them anymore. He's with the Cribs now I think.

--------------------
!

Offlinedwtk
it all rolls into one
Male User Gallery

#12431449 - 04/21/10 11:33 AM (13 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

1d10t3k said:
I didn't realize Modest Mouse was going to be at the Orange Peel this summer.  I checked their calendar a few weeks back and didn't see it.  I'm going to Asheville tomorrow so maybe I'll drop in the Peel and see if I can get a ticket ahead of time.  Thanks for the heads up.

there was a hugeeeeee line the day the tickets went on sale. sold out instantly

--------------------

OfflineAsAboveSoBelow
The matrix has you

Re: fuck. scalpers. [Re: nismo2491]
    #12431473 - 04/21/10 11:37 AM (13 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

nismo2491 said:
I'm driving up with 7 people from Melbourne FL, its pretty popular place so I've heard.
first phish concert for me, going with a bunch of veterans though.  Going w/o tickets, with a ounce of shrooms and some other goodies. gonna try to trade shrooms for tix.

an ounce of shrooms? You did see supernova's bust thread?

If you get pulled over  near the georgia border, you WILL be searched, it's guaranteed. And They pull over a lot of people over there, so ive read. My mom and sister went to georgia and got pulled over and had their car searched. They dont even look remotely like drug people, either

--------------------

You're gonna get hurt real bad :smile:

They that sow the wind, shall reap the whirlwind

Invisiblefrith
God

Loc: Philadelphia, PA Flag
    #12431479 - 04/21/10 11:38 AM (13 years, 11 months ago)

i dont deal with the scalpers or big venue shows at all. about 150 people is the biggest show ill go to anymore.

last time i didnt have a ticket i just gave the bouncer $20 and he let me in. :shrug:

--------------------

OfflineAntiEverything
im not a doctor
Male

Re: fuck. scalpers. [Re: frith]
    #12431744 - 04/21/10 12:26 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

i decided not to buy any tickets for the tour ahead of time and just buy tickets incrementally to the shows i actually make it to and the ones that are the best price. makes a lot more sense to me than buying overpriced tickets ahead of time to shows that i may not even make it to.

i did sign up for the work exchange team for: summer camp, all good and camp bisco.
after reading about the fuzz bringin the heat at wanee im definately going to play it cool this year. not even going to consider selling any of my stash at any point in time, simply to avoid the risk. also not gonna be traveling with drugs, just not worth it. you already know you can get whatever you need to party with at the show as long as you got patience. and for that matter you dont really need to buy drugs, every1 is friendly enuff to share.

but to that other guy: if you are just traveling with shrooms and you keep that shit well hidden, its pretty safe. safer than pot, which is easily detectable by smell for dogs/humans, keep it safely hiden until the show. smuggle the drugs in (easy as pie, don't be suspicious, HIDE IT WELL), its really not hard. just remember, do not sell drugs at any point in time, no matter who keeps begging you for it. (it could be an undercover). if you are extra paranoid about it (which i doubt you are), make the mushrooms into chocolate fudge snacks, add raspberry and almond for flavor. no chance they would be detected by the cops. easily done, no extraction necessary.:thumbup:

--------------------
You are at once
both
the quiet
and
the confusion
of my heart.
-Franz Kafka

Offline2859558484
Growery is Better
 User Gallery

Re: fuck. scalpers. [Re: AsAboveSoBelow]
    #12431904 - 04/21/10 12:52 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

AsAboveSoBelow said:
Quote:

nismo2491 said:

If you get pulled over  near the georgia border, you WILL be searched, it's guaranteed. And They pull over a lot of people over there, so ive read. My mom and sister went to georgia and got pulled over and had their car searched. They dont even look remotely like drug people, either

this.

--------------------

OfflineNobodyImportant
Stranger
Male
Loc: Jawjuh.
Re: fuck. scalpers. [Re: 2859558484]
    #12432106 - 04/21/10 01:34 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

wowitch17 said:
Quote:

AsAboveSoBelow said:
Quote:

nismo2491 said:

this.

yeah GA cops do suck but its not like its way worse than other states

I ride with buds on me every day, speed everywhere, drift around turns and ive only been pulled over once in my life, you just have to not act like your doing something wrong

I swear if you roll up next to a cop listening to music and nodding your head and smiling he will just drive off

Hell ive even sorta raced a cop before :awesome:

And I got two tickets to phish on the 4th of july for $100, Theyre probably only expensive as shit cause its sold out

Offlinedwtk
it all rolls into one
Male User Gallery

Re: fuck. scalpers. [Re: NobodyImportant]
    #12432283 - 04/21/10 02:09 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

oh shit duh... July 4th that might also be why :facepalm:

and Miami Phish was all sold out but tickets still went for much much less online.. probably because of the venue size

--------------------

InvisibleRobMarley420
LSD Enthusiast
Male User Gallery

Loc: Mushroom Mountain
Re: fuck. scalpers. [Re: AsAboveSoBelow]
    #12432334 - 04/21/10 02:19 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

AsAboveSoBelow said:
Quote:

nismo2491 said:

They need your permission to search your car.

If they ask and you tell them no they can't legally search unless have a search warrent or probable cause.

--------------------

OfflineAsAboveSoBelow
The matrix has you

Re: fuck. scalpers. [Re: RobMarley420]
    #12432611 - 04/21/10 03:04 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

thats when they call the dog and coax it to bark like it found something

Then they can search it :evil:

--------------------

You're gonna get hurt real bad :smile:

They that sow the wind, shall reap the whirlwind

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies