Home | Community | Message Board

NorthSpore.com BOOMR Bag!
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Offlinefrank_grimes
Warrior of Corporate Bullshit
 User Gallery

Loc: Springfield, USA
Quitting Marijuana
    #1241543 - 01/23/03 02:05 AM (21 years, 2 months ago)

First off, I decided to post in this forum because of the anti flaming and no personal attacks rules of this forum. That said, I am trying to give up smoking pot. Not for a drug test or anything like that, I just think it's taking a toll on my body. I quit smoking cigarettes about 7 years ago, gave up coffee about a year ago, and now it's time to drop yet another vice. My problem is insomnia, when I don't smoke, I don't sleep a wink. I can go for about 48 hours, and then I go to the city corner and get a dime bag. After I get home and smoke, I sleep like a baby. I just can't function without sleep, and that's why I always end up buying a dime after a couple of days, just to get some sleep. If i knew when the insomnia was going to end, I could tough it out, take some time off of work to get through it. Has anybody else quit smoking pot? If so, how long does the insomnia last? Does anybody have any tips to help me get some sleep without any intoxicating substances being put into my body? I exercise about 30-45 minutes a day, usually in the late morning, and I don't eat or read before trying to sleep. I know I can quit, if I can just get through the insomnia. I don't want to use any OTC, herbal, or perscription sleep aids, because I feel that I will start using that as a crutch. Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

-Grimey

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineNSKiller
Apprentice

Loc: North Eastern United Stat...
Re: Quitting Marijuana [Re: frank_grimes]
    #1241558 - 01/23/03 02:14 AM (21 years, 2 months ago)

First off, how much do you smoke? Everyday? If so, my friend found that everytime hes gotta quit for long periods, you gotta stay busy, find something you love to do to take up the time. Try new stuff too, like reading..... he never did it in high school, but after he had to quit weed, he started reading. As far as sleeping, that was impossiable for him too!!! So he just took like 3-4 benadril (for allergies) 45 min before he wanted to sleep, that helps a lot. After about 3-5 days he could basically sleep again. but every time he quit its cause he had something important to do, and had an ultimate goal, so i think that helps too..... he had a reason to quit. good luck.

--------------------
"I think its time to hit the sack, then i'll probably just go to bed" ~ NSKiller

OfflineSterile
mushroom lover
 User Gallery

Loc: under the Amanita
    #1241625 - 01/23/03 02:47 AM (21 years, 2 months ago)

Usually my insomnia lasts about 4-5 days....

I have found out that exerscising helps alot, since you consume your energy plus you help your body get rid of the substance in your veins.(by sweat)
Just try and exerscise in the evening or early night ,cos you need to have 2 meals in you at least,plus you won't feel so intense after that...

Some pure mountain-(relaxing) tea can help.

Having a real reason, as already mentioned by NSkiller, is essential for your success.

Its not a matter of luck, just descision.

--------------------
The Source Of The Force
Is The Power Of The Mind

"if you don't like what you're doing, you can always pick up your needle and move to another groove." - timothy leary"
Anno: "-I can do anything with those clouds!"
Annos Tek

InvisiblePjS
Jack Of AllDongs

Loc: gototheshow dot com
    #1241656 - 01/23/03 03:01 AM (21 years, 2 months ago)

You won't need sleeping aids as a permanent crutch, take some anti-cholinergic like Dramamine or Benadryl for a few days after quitting pot, after a week you will be able to sleep just fine completely sober.

Think of sleep drugs as a trampoline.

--------------------

(Ped) Slavery leads to rebellion which leads to liquor store robberies, rap and hip-hop

Offlinefrank_grimes
Warrior of Corporate Bullshit
 User Gallery

Loc: Springfield, USA
Re: Quitting Marijuana [Re: PjS]
    #1241670 - 01/23/03 03:10 AM (21 years, 2 months ago)

I'm glad the hear that sleep problems last for 5 days or so. That's not too bad, I hope that's all the time it takes for me to get back to a normal sleep patern. My goal is to clean out my lungs, I have developed a smokers cough. I have been filling my time with new things, I have begun using ACID (software, not drug) to make drum loops and stuff. I really enjoy it, and I since I don't sleep, I have plenty of time to work with it :smile:  I am going to move my exercise time up to the evening and see if that makes a difference for me. It's so weird how I bought into the whole "marijuana is not addictive" stuff, and here I am not able to sleep after quitting. Interesting. Thanks for your replies, they have really helped.

-Grimey 

Invisibledee_N_ae
\/\/¡†¢h |-|øµ§³ ¢å†
Male User Gallery

Loc: The Shadow of Neptune
    #1242310 - 01/23/03 07:36 AM (21 years, 2 months ago)

ACID is your new drug of choice, use it wisely!  :grin:  :grin:
Seriously, a hobby like that is GREAT way to channel your energy. 

Offlineudii
Stranger
    #1242322 - 01/23/03 07:41 AM (21 years, 2 months ago)

i just cut down to 3 days a week for my cardio, thats a good first step!

Anonymous

#1242595 - 01/23/03 09:34 AM (21 years, 2 months ago)

If you want to clean out your lungs, start running or jogging every day. You'll burn off the energy and that will surely clear out your lungs and make you more healthy. I would be jogging now but it's below zero degress outside and I won't dare step foot outside for even a minute.

OfflineMeph
Synesthesiac

Loc: Qu?bec
Re: Quitting Marijuana [Re: ]
    #1242680 - 01/23/03 10:24 AM (21 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

If you want to clean out your lungs, start running or jogging every day. You'll burn off the energy and that will surely clear out your lungs and make you more healthy. I would be jogging now but it's below zero degress outside and I won't dare step foot outside for even a minute.

Below zero? I wish it was only below zero here in Montreal!

Two days ago, it was -41 celsius with the wind factor. -26 without.

--------------------
I'm a bipedal carbon-based pseudo-random number generator.

Demonstration: 152.

Offlinejuicemonkey
Stranger
Loc: BC
    #1243177 - 01/23/03 01:08 PM (21 years, 2 months ago)

I know where your coming from man. I just finished smoking pot everyday, for the most part, for over a year(and before that it was like once a month)...and two days ago, I finished what I had left, and decided to quit. I am quitting! haha

Insomnia is a BIG problem. Last night, I didn't fall asleep until around 7am...and even then, it was just a light sleep(I kept waking up everynow and than)...and than I woke up at 11am.

I'm also against using any 'crutches'. I have a gameplan. It will work most likely(i'm hoping)

-exercise
-eat more healthy, more fruits, greens, etc
-try and keep busy as much as possible
-read at least once a day

I haven't had any problems except for being in a bit more volitile(sp?) mood, and the insomnia.

Good luck, and hope it all works well with you

--------------------
I saw my mind do warp 10, hit the brakes, put it in reverse and back all over me

Offlinemetalchimp
bionic monkey

Loc: Cambridge, England
    #1243231 - 01/23/03 01:26 PM (21 years, 2 months ago)

yeah tell me about it I find it hard to sleep without pot,

try reading in bed i find that is the only thing that helps me

OfflineDilauded
Sensability andrespectability

Loc: Krunkville, FL
Re: Quitting Marijuana [Re: NSKiller]
    #1243311 - 01/23/03 02:01 PM (21 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Try new stuff too, like reading.....

HAhahahahahAHahahahaha, I agree with that reading is good, makes you smarter and you'll learn a lot more rather than watching a movie. Most of the time books are better and tell more than a movie does.

I take it you're into drugs so get THE BOOK (not the movie) Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas by Hunter S. Thompson believe it or not, it was a true story!!
I liked it a lot, it was actually fun to read.

Dilauded

Edited by Dilauded (01/23/03 02:03 PM)

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: 9th Dimension
    #1243318 - 01/23/03 02:02 PM (21 years, 2 months ago)

Hey wait just a second Grimey... you electrocuted yourself..I saw the whole thing.. saw them bury you and everything. If your dead quitting pot isn't going to help much, just keep on toking. If you're a reincarnated Grimey I suggest to keep smoking pot forever, but take breaks every once in a while.

--------------------

Offlinechills420
Poo Pie Maker

Re: Quitting Marijuana [Re: Shroomism]
    #1243525 - 01/23/03 03:01 PM (21 years, 2 months ago)

I usually take about a week to get over being a total ass. Usually just to my wife who is a natural ass

--------------------
Teach a man to make cakes he will trip for a night. Teach a man to case he will trip forever

OfflineJackal
Well Versed In Etiquette
 User Gallery

#1244568 - 01/24/03 12:12 AM (21 years, 2 months ago)

This worked for me:
Make some Tom & Jerry strawberry flavour hash-cakes, make sure you put a good 1/4 in, after all you are making 12 cup-cakes. Bake & allow to cool. Eat 5 of them one after another! Get very dizzy and dis-orientated. Puke violently non-stop for about an hour until all the muscles in your neck and torso are throbbing with pain due to the wretching. Then pass out. When you wake up the following day you may still feel nauseous, just sip some water and slowly eat an orange.

Hey presto, I now no longer want to go near Marijuana of any description! I even gave my last 1/2 oz to my Dad!

--------------------

InvisibleCow Shit Collector
Patty Poacher

Loc: Random Field
Re: Quitting Marijuana [Re: Jackal]
    #1244581 - 01/24/03 12:27 AM (21 years, 2 months ago)

WTF LOL  :grin:

acid's fun :smile:  but excercising before bed is not a good idea.  Try doing it several hours before bed.

--------------------

Life's a garden, Dig it!
~Joe Dirt

Off Topic Website

Anonymous

Post deleted by Anno [Re: frank_grimes]
    #1244694 - 01/24/03 02:30 AM (21 years, 2 months ago)

OfflineCurious_George
You want abaloon?

Loc: La La Land
Re: Quitting Marijuana [Re: ]
    #1244722 - 01/24/03 02:45 AM (21 years, 2 months ago)

jerk off 2 or 3 times before you go to bed,

that usually works!!

cg

--------------------
************************************.>>>>>
Here Johny,, have a joint.. all your friends are doing it!!

OfflineSkikid16
fungus fan

Loc: In the middle of the nort...
Re: Quitting Marijuana [Re: Curious_George]
    #1245621 - 01/24/03 08:51 AM (21 years, 2 months ago)

Ding Ding Ding.  We have a winner for best advice in this thread ^^^^^^.  Curious George, you should be a drug councelor. :grin:

--------------------
Re-Defeat Bush in '04

Anonymous

#1246481 - 01/24/03 03:06 PM (21 years, 2 months ago)

i've been a daly smoker for about 3 years now, i just had to take a break and i did not have any withdrawl at all, i slept fine and everything was normal, the only thing was that i was bored, that and for some reason when i smoke for too long i feel myself getting slower (not by alot) but when i quite i become a fucken ideot for about 3 weeks, than i am back to what i was before i stared smoking weed......bill gates

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom