Home | Community | Message Board

Magic Mushrooms Zamnesia
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisiblePsiloKitten
Ganja Goddess

Smile, you're on candid camera!
    #1241062 - 01/22/03 07:16 PM (21 years, 2 months ago)

Im sure this will be locked, or edited or some such other shit.. but as it is my last post here, I guess it doesnt much matter.  I did the best to do my part.  And for those who say this is off topic,  to me, getting busted isnt incredibly off topic.

There is a post in OTD about the media attention being drawn to the shroomery.. about the fact that the media has already contacted thor.

About the fact that, the shroomery in all it's glory will be atleast some obscure article in possibly, a major new york paper. 

I hope you all choose carefully when posting here.  I havent grown mushrooms in years in a great part to do with paranoia from the details I decided to put out on myself on this site, so luckily I havent gotten anything to lose but with the addition of some of the things like grow logs, etc... Id recommend  www.anonymizer.com or some such proxy agent---  atleast if you arent lucky enough to have a friend do your dirty work for you :smile:

Good luck to you all. 

Edited:  Oh and for all you people who think you know the law.. you might want to check some of this shit out:
By contrast, if the individual's dissemination of such information is directed towards a specific person or audience who acts on the information, the dissemination can rise to the level of "aiding and abetting" another in committing a crime. Such "aiding and abetting" is considered a "speech act" and is not constitutionally protected simply because it is speech. Whether an experienced methamphetamine producer provides an apprentice with face-to-face assistance or with help over the Internet, the instructions can still rise to the level of aiding and abetting a criminal act. Such activity is not protected by the Constitution because, unlike disseminating information to a wide audience that may or may not engage in the illegal activity, this dissemination is directed at a person or persons to assist in committing illegal activity. Even if the recipients of the information act upon it at some later date, the disseminator can still be prosecuted.

from  The govt.
Or maybe about how they cant just come and get you based on some freedom of speech you excercise:  [url=http://www.epic.org/security/computer_search_guidelines.txt ]disproving that whole, you  have to have a warrant theory[/url]

or maybe this site reporting on 1600 search warrants that were issued for simply visting a site...
http://www.infinisource.com/features/cybercrime.html

--------------------

Edited by PsiloKitten (01/23/03 01:14 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineMacey Howard
Formally MOE HOWARD
Female

Loc: Georgia
Post deleted by Moe Howard [Re: PsiloKitten]
    #1241385 - 01/22/03 10:45 PM (21 years, 2 months ago)

--------------------
Hugs and Kisses!

InvisibleAlien
Galactic Shaman
 User Gallery

Loc: Jupiter's Moon
Post deleted by Administrator [Re: Macey Howard]
    #1242197 - 01/23/03 06:44 AM (21 years, 2 months ago)

--------------------
-Alien :cool:

Edited by Alien (01/23/03 06:45 AM)

Invisibledeanofmean
mycophagous

Loc: PNW
Re: Smile, you're on candid camera! [Re: Alien]
    #1242294 - 01/23/03 07:12 AM (21 years, 2 months ago)

i think it would be a good idea to BUMP this thread at least once a week !

or maybe    big bold red    letters on the home page .   

"just because im paranoid doesn't mean they're not out to get me" :frown:

Edited by deanofmean (01/23/03 07:32 AM)

InvisibleMagash
Da Bud Guru
 User Gallery

Loc: Near Hilo
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Smile, you're on candid camera! [Re: PsiloKitten]
    #1242381 - 01/23/03 08:01 AM (21 years, 2 months ago)

Now I'm tripping. I love this place so I'm not taking off but my picture posting days are over. Anno is gonna love that. Does anybody think this place might be getting to big? I'm having trouble with this, am I being warned what to say, or am I being warned that just being here is a danger?

Help

--------------------
All creatures tremble when faced with violence. All creatures fear death, all love life. If we can only see ourselves in others, then how could we possibly hurt another creature?

:growingweed: Join us at the Growery! :growingweed:

Offlineshroominbloom
i have arrived

Re: Smile, you're on candid camera! [Re: Magash]
    #1242413 - 01/23/03 08:12 AM (21 years, 2 months ago)

I have thought to myself "hey, this place seems to be getting really F'in big" in the past few days. I notice a marked difference even from the time a registered (a short 2 months ago!) I would also like to know if anyone else feels that just being here is a danger.

Magash, I'm extremely sad/extremely happy to hear that you won't be posting any more pictures. I have often drooled looking at your amazing pics, but at the same time I think "Dear god, that is a very dangerous thing to be doing." I think that I will probably only lurk on this forum from now on (not that anyone will care) and take in the vast knowledge that is here. I am sad to be this paranoid, and I know that I am very small time compared to some; however, I think "better safe than sorry" is becoming of paramount importance in this day and age. I don't want to say I'll never post again, but if I don't, thank you to everyone for all the knowledge/help/advice you have given me.

--------------------
ha

InvisibleMagash
Da Bud Guru
 User Gallery

Loc: Near Hilo
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Smile, you're on candid camera! [Re: shroominbloom]
    #1242468 - 01/23/03 08:27 AM (21 years, 2 months ago)

I know, I'm really tripping on this. I've removed as many posts with pics that I can.
I hope it's something we're just being paranoid about.

--------------------
All creatures tremble when faced with violence. All creatures fear death, all love life. If we can only see ourselves in others, then how could we possibly hurt another creature?

:growingweed: Join us at the Growery! :growingweed:

InvisibleHappyLeftist
EX-Druggie
Post deleted by Administrator [Re: Magash]
    #1242519 - 01/23/03 08:49 AM (21 years, 2 months ago)

--------------------

Invisibledeanofmean
mycophagous

Loc: PNW
Re: Smile, you're on candid camera! [Re: HappyLeftist]
    #1242546 - 01/23/03 09:02 AM (21 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Its just a newspaper.

the FBI gets 80% of its intel. from newspapers, and classified ads !

InvisibleSixCee
keep rolling
Male

Loc: US, Chicago
    #1242585 - 01/23/03 09:31 AM (21 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Now I'm tripping. I love this place so I'm not taking off but my picture posting days are over.

Nnnnnnnnnnooooooooooooooo :crazy:

--------------------
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
-->The above statements may or not be true.
->Quote of the Moment :
"Yea. All bitches are whores who love sex." -Cubie
----> PMs checked daily.

OfflineFanaTEK
Slave to theShroom

Loc: Midwest, US
    #1242651 - 01/23/03 10:12 AM (21 years, 2 months ago)

Well, this is something that I think has crossed the mind of most people who have ever posted a picture here. Am I really just building a casefile against myself? Do the powers that be really watch these forums and track the traffic? Am I just being paranoid, or are they actually out to get me?

Well, as you can see I'm still here. In the USA, we have this thing called Freedom of Speech. We can say whatever we like, and discuss anything we like, so long as it's not specifically meant to harm someone. Even if someone did manage to track a post back to where the poster lived, talking about it online is not enough evidence to get a search warrant.

This being said, there are a few things that everyone ought to keep in mind to keep themselves safe:

1) Don't tell anyone your real (full) name. Duh!
2) Don't tell anyone where you live in any kind of specific way.
3) Don't post pictures of your real face, or anything that could be used to uniquely identify you.
4) Don't tell all your friends that you grow magic mushrooms.
5) Use an anonymizing service, if you're feeling especially paranoid.

About the place getting too big: In my opinion, a large number of people discussing the topic at hand here is probably the best protection. I mean, why would anyone go through the trouble to hunt me down (which would be considerably difficult)? I'm barely a neophyte, compared to some of the people who post in these forums. If there were a mass crackdown happening on the Shroomery, many people would go before me.

Anyway, that's my two cents.

FanaTEK

--------------------
Read the FAQ!
Read !

OfflineCharlie_Bucket
ChocolateFactory Owner

Loc: Texas
Re: Smile, you're on candid camera! [Re: FanaTEK]
    #1242810 - 01/23/03 11:10 AM (21 years, 2 months ago)

Good point there FanaTEK, everone stay calm. Think smart, paranioa is the goverments weapon. Remeber, we all feel as if we are comitting no unlawful acts,
so if we hide in the shadows the drug war will supress us for decades! My two cents. :grin: 

--------------------
"We are the music makers and we are the dreamers of dreams." - Willy Wonka

Offlinemetalchimp
bionic monkey

Loc: Cambridge, England
Re: Smile, you're on candid camera! [Re: FanaTEK]
    #1242814 - 01/23/03 11:11 AM (21 years, 2 months ago)

hmm that sucks yall should come & live in England where its legall to grow shrooms!

Offlinevatoloco
Puppet Hunter -DBK
Post deleted by MOE THE MAD SCIENTIST [Re: metalchimp]
    #1242888 - 01/23/03 11:34 AM (21 years, 2 months ago)

OfflineViking
"I've beenworking on myrr..rou..routine!"

Loc: Ontario, Canada
Re: Smile, you're on candid camera! [Re: vatoloco]
    #1242911 - 01/23/03 11:42 AM (21 years, 2 months ago)

In my opinion, the "Other Drugs" forum has to go, and it has to go soon. The government doesn't have a hard-on for shrooms. They DO have a hard-on for things like E, GHB and Oxycodone. The fact that those drugs are discussed here gives the government a greater incentive to hang out here, and it would also please Mr. and Mrs. taxpayer to read in the paper that "Shroomery.com, a website with information on GHB (the 'date rape' drug), Ecstacy, Heroin and mushrooms was shut down yesterday". Leave the other rec shit to bluelight...they have it covered.

Being involved with several anabolic steroid boards for several years, I KNOW it isn't beneath the feds to look through posts, digging up info on people. More than one juicer has gone down this way...

Viking

Offlinemetalchimp
bionic monkey

Loc: Cambridge, England
Re: Smile, you're on candid camera! [Re: vatoloco]
    #1243001 - 01/23/03 12:04 PM (21 years, 2 months ago)

only hand guns & automatic wepons are illegal,
yeah its harder to get a permit but so long as you are ok it shouldn't be a problem + no-one else has guns so whats the need?

OfflineAngry Mycologist
Spontaneouslycombusting

Loc: Galapagos
    #1243022 - 01/23/03 12:13 PM (21 years, 2 months ago)

Wow.....I'm kind of speechless right now.  In a way I feel like it is our duty to promote the spread of FREE information, no matter how "illegal" our dictato.......I mean our president makes it seem.  I definitly understand the paranoia, as I have been ever since getting into the hobby.  At the same time I feel too strongly about our rights as human beings to just let go.  This is how they win, through fear.

It saddens me to see you take your pictures down Magash  :frown:  Ever since you've changed your signature to the one it is now (Overgrow=Overthrow) I've felt very inspired to continue with the hobby.  It's comforting to know that there are others out there who feel the same way I do.

I am constantly reminded of 1984 and Brave New World with the direction this country seems to be heading in.  It only makes me angrier though, more willing to fight for my freedoms.  The "USA Patriot Act" is just the opposite.  As far as I know, John Poindexter could be sifting through my emails at this moment. 

We need to be strong, people.  I understand the fears, but I won't give up.  If I had the chance, I'd spit in John Walters face (current Drug Czar) for imposing such restrictive beliefs on a nation that was supposedly built on "freedom".  I'm not sure what that word means anymore.

--------------------
The proper penalty of ignorance, which is of course that those who don't know should learn from those who do... - Plato

OfflineOn_the_Down-Low
Polyfil-ophile-Say it 3 timesfast.

#1243061 - 01/23/03 12:23 PM (21 years, 2 months ago)

STFU
and Buh Bye!!!!!! :smile: 

InvisibleSixCee
keep rolling
Male

Loc: US, Chicago
Re: Smile, you're on candid camera! [Re: On_the_Down-Low]
    #1243078 - 01/23/03 12:30 PM (21 years, 2 months ago)

Damn right that act is anything but patriotic!  I have my name on some government lists now for buying suspicious chemicals!  The 'anti-terroris' bill is another one that is a poor sad excuse to stomp on the rights of Americans!  Now if you buy over 8 ounces of certain chemicals the supplier is required to report you!

...f*ck this shit im moving to Canada :smirk:.

--------------------
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
-->The above statements may or not be true.
->Quote of the Moment :
"Yea. All bitches are whores who love sex." -Cubie
----> PMs checked daily.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds