Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   North Spore Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | Next >  [ show all ]
Invisibleluvdemshrooms
Two inch dick..but it spins!?
 User Gallery

Loc: Lost In Space
Re: For You Gun Haters [Re: GazzBut]
    #1238152 - 01/21/03 10:02 PM (21 years, 2 months ago)

I don't carry from fear but I'm sure some do.

And in most (possibly all) states, commiting a crime while using a gun adds an extra few years to the sentence.

Oh, and it's not necessarily "need". In many cases it's desire and the right.

And I'm glad to hear what an upstanding citizen you are. :smile:

--------------------
You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity. What one person receives without working for another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for that my dear friend is the beginning of the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it. ~ Adrian Rogers

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineSinistar
I Am Sinistar

Re: For You Gun Haters [Re: luvdemshrooms]
    #1238171 - 01/21/03 11:27 PM (21 years, 2 months ago)

my rights will always trump opinions. just as your rights will always trump my opinions.

i mentioned the abject hate of video games and such as an example as to what these guys are doing. they dont like movies,tv,music and games and have ranted till they got rating systems for them. groups like the lion and the lamb have come and and said that the whole purpose of the ratings sytem was to get the offending parties to stop producing the stuff. not to help parents to stop there kids from getting it. there final solution, an apt term considering the thoughts, is to not have this around anymore. not to regulate. Joe leiberman wasnt calling for regulation he was calling for a ban. remember that. doom and marilyn anson was sited for the columbine shootings. can we all agree that this is a load of shit?

hitler and mullah omar of taliban fame disarmed the populace before they went stark raving nuts. this isnt something that is up for debate. the ppl gave up there guns, and in the taliban case omar specifically said that if the ppl gave up there guns the taliban could better protect them. see where that went?

but whos to say that could happen in the good ole USA right? well joe biden called for the revoke of Posse Comitatus, which is the ban that is placed on the army for getting involved in law enforcement. the ban was put in place after northen soldiers stationed in the south were abusing the hell out of the ppl.

common sense says that an armed populace will be able to repel a hostile invasion. despite the govt having all those planes and bombs, they have to send in troops to take the place over. thats what were seeing in Iraq. you cant take over a place without manpower on the ground. i know here in the midwest that there is too many ppl with firearms of someklind for the army to march through. just like we did to the british, all wed have to do is set up somewhere and start sniping. and it wouldnt stop with the military. the local cops would be beat down too. and then the govt loses total control. so while we have guns, if pushed hard enough, we can stop anything the govt throws at us.

i also dont buy that the dems are doing this for the greater good. they lost a presidential election due to the fact that al gore couldnt carry his home state, along with other midwest dem strongholds. any one of those wouldve rendered florida moot. with a decent economy at the time, what wouldve cause those states to go republican? whether anyone likes it or not, gun control is very much hated in large portions of this country. and there votes still count. after 2000 all they did was go silent on gun control. they hoped it would blow over. some antigun senators had commercials with them walking around with shotguns. 9/11 had an impact at the polls for sure, but many ppl i talk to still dont trust the dems with protecting there gun rights and so wouldnt vote for them.

so instead of scrapping a divicive subject in a time where the dems need all the friens they can get, they elect nancy pelosi. so the gun ban platform is still number one in there book.

yes, i didn call some ppl brady campaign toadys and ill tell you why: silver in another thread had trashed some infomation that was pro gun, saying the person had got it from the NRA. if i remeber correctly he then posted a link to a study that supported a theory of his.....from the brady campaign. if NRA isnt capable of giving subjective analysis, then brady campaing cant either.

and yes i am angry. just like im angry about the patriot act and ho,meland security. i tend to get pissed when my rights are abolished or narrowed. i think certain segment of the population have done quire enough to fuck up this country. i will not cede one more concession for the war on drugs or terror or anything else. and i would rather die than live in a counrty where i cant defend myself or speek freely or have an intrusive govt. i choose to speak for the broadest rights possible for the person.

i dont think that ppl with guns are gonna go out and kill someone or rob a bank or store. saying ppl with guns are more disposed to violence is like saying blacks are genetically disposed to being gang members or on welfare.

what we need is less shit on the person, and longer, non paroleable, sentences for ppl who do crime with a gun. that is intelligent, and i bet if you put out in the media that any violent crime with a gun is 10 years minimum plus the term for the crime that youll see a damned drastic drop in gun crime. i dont know about the rest of america, but you can get a 5 year sentence for just walking into a liquor store with a pistol in ohio. ohio is a very republican, very 2nd amendment state.

bottom line: more freedom for the ppl. more time for the criminals. thats reasonable gun control.

--------------------
I Am Sinistar

You Dont Pay A Hooker For Sex, You Pay Them To Leave.

In The City, Where Angels Fear To Hover And Devils Come To Croon, The Sex Of The Night Lets Down Her Black Narcotic Hair To A Yellow Opium Moon.

Invisiblesilversoul7
Chill the FuckOut!
 User Gallery

Loc: mndfreeze's puppet army
    #1238664 - 01/22/03 05:01 AM (21 years, 2 months ago)

The danger with gun ownership isn't so much a threat from outside as much as the danger of it being used in a domestic dispute. Two people could be arguing and fighting and in the heat of the moment someone grabs the loaded pistol and shoots the other. That's why I recommend not keeping a loaded gun around the house.

--------------------

"It is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong."--Voltaire

Edited by silversoul7 (01/22/03 05:01 AM)

Anonymous

Re: For You Gun Haters [Re: silversoul7]
    #1238974 - 01/22/03 07:04 AM (21 years, 2 months ago)

Shooting someone during a domestic dispute is fucking insane. You'd really have to be off your rocker to not be able to restrain yourself from just blowing away your spouse because you're in the middle of an argument. I think that probably only about .001% of the population is actually that fucked up. These people should not own knives, cars, or be allowed in public either.

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
 User Gallery

Re: For You Gun Haters [Re: Sinistar]
    #1239480 - 01/22/03 09:59 AM (21 years, 2 months ago)

Why did you address that response to me?

--------------------
You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity. What one person receives without working for another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for that my dear friend is the beginning of the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it. ~ Adrian Rogers

Invisiblesilversoul7
Chill the FuckOut!
 User Gallery

Re: For You Gun Haters [Re: ]
    #1239789 - 01/22/03 11:34 AM (21 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Shooting someone during a domestic dispute is fucking insane.

And yet it happens all the time. In fact, strangely, it occurs more often than stabbings during a domestic dispute. This seems rather odd considering that just about everyone has sharp knifes in the kitchen, but not everyone owns a gun. I don't know why this is, but I'm pretty sure it's the case.

As the graph below, taken from the Bureau of Justice's website, shows, arguments are the number one circumstance of homocides:

Here are some links:

American Bar Association

Bureau of Justice

--------------------

Edited by silversoul7 (01/22/03 12:09 PM)

Anonymous

#1239841 - 01/22/03 11:51 AM (21 years, 2 months ago)

Sinistar, please, you're an idiot. The Taliban disarmed the populace? They didn't even have control over the country; warlords opposed to them were still in control over large areas of Afghanistan. AK-47's were readily available to anyone wishing to purchase one, not to mention RPGs, mines, and grenades.

Anonymous

Re: For You Gun Haters [Re: ]
    #1239929 - 01/22/03 12:20 PM (21 years, 2 months ago)

mushmaster is right. I saw a one hour during documentary about it on TV.

Edited by sNaiLmAil (01/22/03 12:21 PM)

Invisiblesilversoul7
Chill the FuckOut!
 User Gallery

#1240403 - 01/22/03 03:05 PM (21 years, 2 months ago)

I just came across this:

U.S. Constitution: Second Ammendment

In spite of extensive recent discussion and much legislative action with respect to regulation of the purchase, possession, and transportation of firearms, as well as proposals to substantially curtail ownership of firearms, there is no definitive resolution by the courts of just what right the Second Amendment protects. The opposing theories, perhaps oversimplified, are an ''individual rights'' thesis whereby individuals are protected in ownership, possession, and transportation, and a ''states' rights'' thesis whereby it is said the purpose of the clause is to protect the States in their authority to maintain formal, organized militia units. Whatever the Amendment may mean, it is a bar only to federal action, not extending to state or private restraints. The Supreme Court has given effect to the dependent clause of the Amendment in the only case in which it has tested a congressional enactment against the constitutional prohibition, seeming to affirm individual protection but only in the context of the maintenance of a militia or other such public force.

In United States v. Miller, the Court sustained a statute requiring registration under the National Firearms Act of sawed-off shotguns. After reciting the original provisions of the Constitution dealing with the militia, the Court observed that ''[w]ith obvious purpose to assure the continuation and render possible the effectiveness of such forces the declaration and guarantee of the Second Amendment were made. It must be interpreted with that end in view.'' The significance of the militia, the Court continued, was that it was composed of ''civilians primarily, soldiers on occasion.'' It was upon this force that the States could rely for defense and securing of the laws, on a force that ''comprised all males physically capable of acting in concert for the common defense,'' who, ''when called for service . . . were expected to appear bearing arms supplied by themselves and of the kind in common use at the time.'' Therefore, ''in the absence of any evidence tending to show that possession or use of a 'shotgun having a barrel of less than 18 inches in length' at this time has some reasonable relationship to the preservation or efficiency of a well- regulated militia, we cannot say that the Second Amendment guarantees the right to keep and bear such an instrument. Certainly it is not within judicial notice that this weapon is any part of the ordinary military equipment or that its use could contribute to the common defense.''

Since this decision, Congress has placed greater limitations on the receipt, possession, and transportation of firearms, and proposals for national registration or prohibition of firearms altogether have been made. At what point regulation or prohibition of what classes of firearms would conflict with the Amendment, if at all, the Miller case does little more than cast a faint degree of illumination toward an answer.
-----------------------------------------------------------------

I just thought I'd point out that first of all, the National Guard is not the same as state militias. Each state still has a military department, and it can, if necessary, call upon all armed, physically healthy males to defend the state from the federal government(I wish California would call on the militia to get the federal government off our backs about medical marijuana). All you people who said your guns were to protect you against your government, you were close, but they're actually to defend your state government against your federal government. So to all you gun owners, I hope you're prepared to defend your state against your country.

--------------------

Edited by silversoul7 (01/22/03 03:08 PM)

InvisibleXlea321
Stranger
    #1240925 - 01/22/03 06:12 PM (21 years, 2 months ago)

the National Guard is not the same as state militias

Well they allow blacks in the national guard so I suppose that's one difference from the militias.

--------------------
Don't worry, B. Caapi

Invisiblesilversoul7
Chill the FuckOut!
 User Gallery

Re: For You Gun Haters [Re: Xlea321]
    #1240936 - 01/22/03 06:16 PM (21 years, 2 months ago)

I'm not talking about those independent militias in Montana. I'm talking about actual state militias.

--------------------

OfflineBowlKiller
----
    #1241727 - 01/23/03 03:45 AM (21 years, 2 months ago)

Yes, individuals do in fact have the right to bear arms. And Yes, individuals do in fact NEED this right.

The fact is guns exist. So that means someone is going to own them. If the criminals own guns because of the black market, then law abiding citizens need guns as well for protection. If the government owns all the guns then it will be that much easier for them to control a population that is unarmed.

You can say that I desire to own guns out of fear, and when you do so you seem to be suggesting that my fear is not justified. Let me assure you that my fear is justified. I am afraid of police swat teams that will invade my life and be prepared to shoot me If I do something that the govt. does not agree with. Lets say for example you are a 60 year old man who has paid off his homestead. Now you had to retire and you have a set income. Social security only pays you so much as does your retirement funds. You still have to pay some bills, but the money you make is not enough to cover the property taxes you still owe every year. So the govt. will come to you and say hey, you owe us money we want it. Next thing you know your home has been seized and your bank accounts taken. This was all done by sending a swat team pointing guns at your face searching through your belongings and feeling good about doing so. Why is that wrong? Because the state is experiencing billions of dollars worth of surplus, thats surplus, the cream off the top. Now they dont mention the fact that there is a huge surplus so that no one will be alarmed at the way they tax the hell out of you and then when you can't pay, they take everything you own.

Now that is just one small example, and that is a fact. The IRS has strike teams and agencies to do just that. Oh yea there are provisions in the constitution that say that the govt. should not over tax the people. BUT as we all know the govt does not have to follow the constitution anymore.

I mean this really happens to people. Its a damn shame. And that is just one example. I mean these are not violent criminals out there raping women. And I say that because I have been reading people say that we need more police and everything to deter crime.

You can look at the financial records of states and counties. In the records it is easy to see that there are huge surpluses due to investment, etc. But the govt. tells the people that they need more taxes or there will not be enough funding for schools, while at the same time these city managers, comptrollers, etc. are buying property and stock in companies and living richly.

We need guns to protect our selves against the govt. It is true that Hitler disarmed the country before going crazy. I mean seriously this is not just conspiracy theory and ignorant fear. This is for real. Not to mention all the injustices waged under the "drug war" or "homeland security". I mean you dont stop terrorism by terrorising the people yourself.

It is so amazing that people are willing to give up freedoms and rights that make this country what it is. I mean have you seen the way cops are trained today. The Police are becoming military. Have you not noticed, I mean departments have APC's Armored Personel Carriers. Full Auto MP5's, snipers, chemical weapons, etc etc. the list goes on and on.

Someone a few threads up said that we need harsher punishments for crimes commited with a gun. So severe and harsh that no one would think to do such crimes. To you I must say I feel that your position is very dangerous, and not very thought out.

You do not heal a broken arm with a band aid. The problem is not that someone will commit a robbery with a gun. The real problem is why does that person feel like they need to rob just to stay alive. You should not just say that there needs to be overwhelming sentences thrown at this and that will work. What you will effectively do is create more and more prison institutions which will further cripple communities and lead to more crime. Harsher sentences means more jails and prisons. Which means more people locked into the system. Now while in prison these people need to eat right? So the prison institution says " we will charge you something like 1 dollar a day to pay for food. You will earn this one dollar by doing slave labor. We will allow companies to use you to produce products for the company. You will do this work with no saftey laws, no benefits, basically no pay, nothing." Ok so these companies fucking love and I mean love prisons. Companies in counties across the country are begging for prisons to be built. Think about it, they get cheap as fuck (basically slave labor) with no benefits to pay for and still get the product out the door. Read the 13th amendment again. Congress has effectively written slavery into the constitution. Now these prisons do cost money. Tax dollars to be exact. So hmmmmm how can we convince people that we need so many prisons, where we are building prisons to colleges at something like a ratio of 20 to 1. Ok what we will do is control the media, (because we own the media) to constantly, incessantly spew reports of crime and police battles with criminals and daily reports of the most recent crime. While in fact crime rates have been going down. Not only that we will make so many things not legal, and we will give our police the authority to search and harrass and do anything possible to find something wrong with anyone. "Oh hello officer, oh your just doing a routine traffic check? oh ok, whats that? oh you say you feel like there were some recent robberies in the area and so you want to search my car to see if I had anything to do with it? Oh, why dont I want you to search my car sir? I have a right to do so. Oh wahts that, step out of the car, oh you have probable cause cause I am hindering the police from investigating robberies in the area? Oh you found under my back seat a cooler with knives in it? oh I am in violation of possesing a concealed weapon? Your taking me to jail now?" So what I had some knives to clean fish because I like to fish. And I am not making this up. I mean really it happenes everyday, and slowly but surely the govt. is eroding the constitution and bill of rights. And its because of thinking like what we see in this thread... a militia is not the people, people dont need AR-15's for protection from criminals, you are just wanting guns because of a false fear, we need more cops, when there are more guns there is an increase in the crime rate, etc. etc.
This way of thinking is truly going to make things worse.

So why did I say the real problem is that someone needs to rob to stay alive. Well consider what we are creating. We are taking all of the money out of the education system and putting it into the prison system. Now think about it I mean really. You have schools where there are 50 kids in a classroom, and only 25 books. I mean even 25 kids in a classroom is a problem. You have teachers that dont get paid jack shit, yet are expected to not only go to school all day and teach in decrepit conditions, they are also expected to have teacher parent talks, give special attention to those students that are having a hard time, spend time constantly getting more teacher training, working long long hours, getting paid only for the time in class. And the reason for this? Oh, the govt. and state agencies say well we just dont have enough money in the budget, we are in a deficit, we would have to raise taxes to provide better education. And you dont want us to raise taxes do you? All the while every county accross the state has a surplus of money, there is plenty of money that has been invested into companies. Where does it go? To the city manager who just purchased a $550,000 home in FLorida somewhere. Where does it also go? to the 230 million dollar prison. So you have kids right now that are getting out of high school that can only read at a ninth grade level. Now I ask you how is this mutha fucker going to get a job? And I mean a job that pays well and is not working 12 hours a day.

Listen we have the money. Dont be fooled there is plenty of money to build better schools pay teachers, all that. Its just that no one does it because of the corruption that we the people do not put in check. Its because no one gives a shit. I am talking wide scale, I talk to people even in this forum who are so apathetic its crazy.

So yes because of this we MUST have guns. And not just some handguns, but AR-15 rifles, Much armor, much ammo, night vision, gas masks, high capacity magazines, scopes, the whole nine.

this is a response to the entire thread and not just silversoul7

--------------------
----

InvisibleXlea321
Stranger
    #1241753 - 01/23/03 04:07 AM (21 years, 2 months ago)

I'm not talking about those independent militias in Montana. I'm talking about actual state militias

Yeah but in the time of the founding fathers blacks wern't allowed to join militias.

--------------------
Don't worry, B. Caapi

Offlinechills420
Poo Pie Maker

#1241855 - 01/23/03 04:47 AM (21 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Quote:

Shooting someone during a domestic dispute is fucking insane.

And yet it happens all the time. In fact, strangely, it occurs more often than stabbings during a domestic dispute. This seems rather odd considering that just about everyone has sharp knifes in the kitchen, but not everyone owns a gun. I don't know why this is, but I'm pretty sure it's the case.

As the graph below, taken from the Bureau of Justice's website, shows, arguments are the number one circumstance of homocides:

Here are some links:

American Bar Association

Bureau of Justice

Can you find something on how many of the guns that shot someone in a DD (domestic dispute ) were actually legaly owned by the shooter or by the person shot and how many were just a saturday night special bought illegaly?

I know of lots of dumb asses that have guns that shouldn't that would prob pull it out in a fight or there dumb ass old lady would.
Most of these people bought a gun for 25-100 bucks and have no clue where it came from. <<Lots of people sell guns without letting a FFL person do the swap for them for 5-10 bucks. Hell if your straped 4 cash and thats why your selling it i'd do it for free so would alot of other FFL owners just to keep this from happening.
Once i own a gun it will never be sold again. Well untill I die.
Hell i might even put in my will they must be destroyed and supervised by my lawyer.
I'd do this excpecally if my kid grows up to be a dumd ass.

--------------------
Teach a man to make cakes he will trip for a night. Teach a man to case he will trip forever

Edited by chills420 (01/23/03 04:57 AM)

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
 User Gallery

#1243124 - 01/23/03 12:49 PM (21 years, 2 months ago)

Question: You're walking down a deserted street with your wife and two small children. Suddenly, a dangerous looking man with a huge knife comes around the corner and is running at you while screaming obscenities. In your hand is a Glock .40 and you are an expert shot. You have mere seconds before he reaches you and your family. What do you do?

Liberal Answer:

Well, that's not enough information to answer the question! Does the man look poor or oppressed? Have I ever done anything to him that is inspiring him to attack? Could we run away? What does my wife think? What about the kids? Could I possibly swing the gun like a club and knock the knife out of his hand? What does the law say about this situation? Is it possible he'd be happy with just killing me? Does he definitely want to kill me or would he just be content to wound me? If I were to grab his knees and hold on, could my family get away while he was stabbing me? This is all so confusing! I need to debate this with some friends for a few days to try to come to a conclusion.

Conservative Answer:

BANG!

Texan's Answer:

BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! click... (sounds of clip being ejected and fresh clip installed)

Wife: "Sweetheart, he looks like he's still moving, what do you kids think?"

Son: "Mom's right Dad, I saw it too..."

BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG!

Daughter: "Nice grouping Daddy!

--------------------

OfflineDilauded
Sensability andrespectability

Loc: Krunkville, FL
    #1243210 - 01/23/03 01:21 PM (21 years, 2 months ago)

hahahhahahahahhahaha

InvisibleEvolving
Resident Cynic

Loc: Apt #6, The Village
    #1243232 - 01/23/03 01:26 PM (21 years, 2 months ago)

:grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin:

--------------------
To call humans 'rational beings' does injustice to the term, 'rational.'  Humans are capable of rational thought, but it is not their essence.  Humans are animals, beasts with complex brains.  Humans, more often than not, utilize their cerebrum to rationalize what their primal instincts, their preconceived notions, and their emotional desires have presented as goals - humans are rationalizing beings.

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
 User Gallery

#1243297 - 01/23/03 01:56 PM (21 years, 2 months ago)

Oops, forgot the link.

http://www.boortz.com/nealznuz.htm

--------------------

Invisiblesir tripsalot
Administrator

#1243314 - 01/23/03 02:02 PM (21 years, 2 months ago)

There's this retard who decides to take his family down a dark deserted street..... This guy needs to get a good stabbing and the kids could use a darwinning too cause those genes are piss poor :smirk:

I'm just gonna be happy I don't live in a society where we don't fear crazy men with knives running at us I guess. For someone who continually says the gun ownership has nothing to do with his fear you sure sound paranoid.

BOOO!

Did I scare ya? :grin: 

--------------------

"Little racoons and old possums 'n' stuff all live up in here. They've got to have a little place to sit." Bob Ross.

OfflineGoBlue!
Tool Rules - DBK

Loc: Ann Arbor, MI
    #1243330 - 01/23/03 02:05 PM (21 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Question: You're walking down a deserted street with your wife and two small children. Suddenly, a dangerous looking man with a huge knife comes around the corner and is running at you while screaming obscenities.

Liberal Answer:  "The odds of that happening are less that being struck by lightning (which is a fact), so I really shouldn't worry myself about this hypothetical situation."

Conservative Answer: "I'm so fucking paranoid that this could happen someday that I bought a gun which I carry with me."

And you said "I don't carry from fear but I'm sure some do".  (why else would this extremely unlikely hypothetical situation even matter?)  :wink:     

--------------------
:smile:  Just stating my thoughts, not trying to offend  :smile:

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   North Spore Cultivation Supplies