Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineZetaspawn
Stranger
Hypothetical pricing opinions
    #12415413 - 04/18/10 02:57 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

So let's say hypothetically that this dude grew some mushrooms and he has decided it's produced far too much for him to be comfortable keeping around but he also doesn't want to just give it away.
The general price for an "8th" around here is about 30 bucks and drops slightly according the the bulk amount you'd want. What do you guys think would be a fair "wholesale" price for him to quickly and efficiently get rid of his stash to a few people? and let them spread the love from there.

--------------------
Celebrate the stuff AND things.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinehaymaker
Mr Psychonaut
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: United Kingdom Flag
Re: Hypothetical pricing opinions [Re: Zetaspawn]
    #12415422 - 04/18/10 02:59 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

--------------------
"Make hay while the sun shines"
My Trade List

OfflineZetaspawn
Stranger
Re: Hypothetical pricing opinions [Re: haymaker]
    #12415439 - 04/18/10 03:02 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

I did. I'm not breaking the rules. It's an opinion piece and completely hypothetical. Thanks smarty pants. Way ahead of ya.

--------------------

OfflineZetaspawn
Stranger
    #12415621 - 04/18/10 03:30 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

And to clarify for people who don't fully understand. There is no "guy" and very sadly there are no mushrooms. This was a discussion between friends and I was looking for others opinions. There is nothing in the rules that specifies that I cannot have abstract hypothetical discussions about potential prices if someone was merely looking to lighten his load and wasn't really that interested in profit.  Thank you rules police but maybe you should double check that post yourself. ;-) have a wonderful day everyone

--------------------

OfflineUbitsa
Waiting Is
 User Gallery

Loc: Phoenix, AZ
    #12415712 - 04/18/10 03:46 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

Just charge whatever it cost you to grow them?

Probably works out to less than $50/oz, which is a fair price for friends I think.

--------------------

Invisiblezengarden66
Strange

Loc: Florida
Re: Hypothetical pricing opinions [Re: Ubitsa]
    #12415732 - 04/18/10 03:49 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

give to friends and 20 eighth for regulars

--------------------
mangmangmang

OfflineZetaspawn
Stranger
Re: Hypothetical pricing opinions [Re: zengarden66]
    #12415818 - 04/18/10 04:00 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

If it were me. I was thinking since I'm not really super interested in getting my hands dirty that I'd sell to best friends for quite cheap and let them benefit off whoever they would sell to. I'd be too paranoid to be a dealer.

--------------------

OfflineBelieve
Stranger

Re: Hypothetical pricing opinions [Re: zengarden66]
    #12417029 - 04/18/10 08:19 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

zengarden66 said:
give to friends and 20 eighth for regulars

If you hooked it up for 20 an 8th thats really good. Where im from its like $40 an eigth, so I think $20 eighths will clear you real fast if theres demand for it where you are like there is around here. But if you want to move more then that at once, somebody might sell an ounce for atleast $100, that is enough profit to go straight to your pocket a few times (depending on how much leftovers you really have).

--------------------
\

InvisibleTroll Bot
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Hypothetical pricing opinions [Re: Believe]
    #12417153 - 04/18/10 08:43 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

5 Million bazillion DOLLHAIRS?

OfflineKanker
Hides in tall grass
Male

Loc: On a Long dead-heart.
Re: Hypothetical pricing opinions [Re: Troll Bot]
    #12417213 - 04/18/10 08:54 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

Discussion of sale is not allowed, and you should not be selling illegal substances.
It's too bad you didn't go to school however, because I was taught the basics of profit and loss back in year one.
Do you really need to ask other people how much you want to sell your 'hypothetical' mushrooms for, bringing possibly unwanted attention to this site, when you're the only one with the actual numbers.

Do some fucking math and work it out yourself.

--------------------
I'm ahead, I'm advanced
I am the first mammal to make plans, yeah
I crawled the earth, but now I'm higher
2010, watch it go to fire.
It's evolution baby.
-Pearl Jam

OfflineTenfrente
Bro
Male

Re: Hypothetical pricing opinions [Re: Kanker]
    #12417477 - 04/18/10 09:45 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

Your flaming doesn't help anyone, either. Also, you should try reading the thread that was linked earlier. There is no problem with hypothetical discussion of prices.

OfflineKanker
Hides in tall grass
Male

Re: Hypothetical pricing opinions [Re: Tenfrente] * 1
    #12417561 - 04/18/10 09:59 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

AHEM: and i quote:

"However one thing we do want to stress is that there is a fine line between discussing prices IN AN AREA and discussing prices that you may charge if you are engaged in illegal activities. While we do not endorse the selling of illegal drugs we are realistic and know that certain people do engage in such activities. However, what you do on your own time, is your own business, and we ask you to please not bring it to the Shroomery."

Sorry buddy, try again.
Just because you say 'plz give me prices so i can hypothetically sell my leftovers' doesn't make it ok.
Just the same as saying 'anything i say here is a lie' doesn't make you safe from the shit you post.

If you're too ignorant, uneducated or plain stupid to realise that such discussion can place this site and it's owners in direct jeopardy, then maybe you don't deserve to be here.

edit: in case i haven't been explicit enough, the original post implies an intent to sell.  You'd have been a lot better off just asking how much people get their shrooms for 'in a general area' or even, god forbid, using the search engine, rather than mentioning sale.

--------------------
I'm ahead, I'm advanced
It's evolution baby.
-Pearl Jam

Edited by Kanker (04/19/10 05:02 AM)

OfflinePeterGriffin467
Dirt Grub
Male

Loc: six feet under
    #12417595 - 04/18/10 10:04 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

Shut up.  There are plenty threads like "is 10$ to much for a hit of acid" etc.  If the mods see this thread as a problem they will lock it until then get off his nuts you arent the shroomery police:wink:

--------------------
"I just need to check inside ya asshole SIR.... Asshole clear!"

OfflineKanker
Hides in tall grass
Male

Re: Hypothetical pricing opinions [Re: PeterGriffin467]
    #12417619 - 04/18/10 10:11 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

if you can't tell the difference between a general question such as
'is 10$ a lot to pay for LSD'
and a specific question such as
'SWIM has lots of shrooms.  How much should SWIM sell them for?'
then see post above.  (just before the edit, please).

--------------------
I'm ahead, I'm advanced
It's evolution baby.
-Pearl Jam

OfflinePeterGriffin467
Dirt Grub
Male

#12417744 - 04/18/10 10:34 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

Duh I can tell the difference I'm just telling you to shut your mouth because you sound like an idiot.  You arent a moderator its not your job to enforce the rules so get over it.  If you have a problem with him notify a mod otherwise:urstupid:

--------------------

OfflineSalviNate
Misnomer
Male User Gallery

Loc: Dablands Flag
    #12417834 - 04/18/10 10:52 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

lol oshi

--------------------

OfflineKanker
Hides in tall grass
Male

#12417877 - 04/18/10 10:59 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

your justification of this thread would suggest otherwise peter.
I'd talk further, but your ratings, and your posts contained herein speak for themselves.
have fun kid.

--------------------
I'm ahead, I'm advanced
It's evolution baby.
-Pearl Jam

Offlineiluvfungi
Male User Gallery

Loc: Oakland, CA USA Flag
    #12417908 - 04/18/10 11:04 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

Well 10 years ago I bought a little over an ounce for $100. That is more then fair. If people just want an 1/8 and are bugging you constantly I would charge $25 an 1/8th.

Part of the issue is it gets annoying to answer phone calls. Weed is far worse. The person that wants the 5 sack time and time again is really annoying.

If I had a bunch of extra fungi I would much rather unload to someone who would distribute them; for example give them 4 ounces for $300, or a pound for $1,000

OfflinePeterGriffin467
Dirt Grub
Male

#12418080 - 04/18/10 11:37 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

:beatadeadhorse:

--------------------

Offlinejenns_hot
Hungry
Male User Gallery

Loc: East Coast Flag
    #12418115 - 04/18/10 11:44 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

rabble rabble rabble, bitch, bitch, bitch. there's a lot of that in this thread.

everyone calm down. that means you, kankersore.

you can theoretically sell them for whatever the wholesale rate is in the area for whatever the theoretical weight is, and alter the price depending on how generous you are feeling or how much you like your friend. the friend who you would theoretically be selling to would know that if you werent theoretically selling to him, you could theoretically sell it to someone else and theoretically make a lot more money.  so theoretically, he'd probably be thankful no matter what kind of discount he got from the wholesale price.

--------------------
"Fear makes the wolf look bigger"

Offlinec1dh3d
The elephant is BACK
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Flag
Re: Hypothetical pricing opinions [Re: jenns_hot]
    #12418218 - 04/19/10 12:09 AM (13 years, 11 months ago)

125 an ounce is a good price for both people, that's like 15 bucks an eighth and the other person I'm sure would make a little coin.

Theoretically speaking.

Offlinepunkrocker292004
i am a liar
Male User Gallery

Loc: Flag
Re: Hypothetical pricing opinions [Re: c1dh3d]
    #12418272 - 04/19/10 12:21 AM (13 years, 11 months ago)

this thread is stupid i agree with kanker

--------------------
EVERYTHING YOU NEED TO KNOW

on a long enough timeline the survival rate for everyone drops to zero-tyler durden

watch me

OfflineZetaspawn
Stranger
Re: Hypothetical pricing opinions [Re: punkrocker292004]
    #12418860 - 04/19/10 04:44 AM (13 years, 11 months ago)

Goodness. And I thought I was paranoid. Like I said earlier. There genuinely isn't a guy and there genuinely aren't even any mushrooms. Also my amount of posts has nothing to do with my age nor does it have anything to do with the rate of me visiting this site and ingesting information, I've been coming here for quite a while and the general "druggier and holier than thou" attitude that you all so quickly revealed is the main reason for the lack of posts. You only need to be a casual reader for a day or two to see the general attitude towards "newbies" and people you deem to be your lesser.   

I knew exactly where to look when I was considering asking the question. I read and re-read the post about price discussions over and over again just to make sure a stupid question I wanted to ask wouldn't be harmful to a site I respect so much.... Again the site I respect... Most of the members, not so sure...

It was a wishful thinking conversation between buddies. Had to do with our inability to find any reliable sources and our long break since previous dosage (+ a year at least)
And A few guys who said they wouldn't care and would still charge a "full amount" some said they would merely break themselves even, some said they'd like a little for their pocket...

Again, I'm 100% sure this is exactly the kind of discussion that would specifically be allowed, so I don't understand why everyone getting all uppity about it. No locations were discussed, it was an opinion question (what would you do in this situation), it has zero basis in reality, and no one is selling or buying anything.... So relax... Geez.

For all of you being deep thinking psychonauts, it's like you've never come across a random thought that you were curious what someone else would do... People do ask questions for no other reason than to hear answers. It does happen. 

Also I agree that my post wasn't some revelation or life changing post.... But it wasn't any worse than the ten billionth "oh shiiii I'm about to start tripping, what song should I listen to" type post...

I actually did get a couple decent comments that give me a general idea to what people who are willing to participate would have done... And unexpected, though also unsurprisingly I also got a good cross section of the main thing that's wrong with this site... It's like the ten million "use search idiot" comments.... There's enough information to last everyone on here forever...but if people didn't ask questions (even if they have been asked before or is a question you deem below your amazing intellect) the site would stagnate and die. That's not a good thing right?  Anyways... Since no one is going to read or care about any of this anyways... I hope everyone has a wonderful day.  I'll think more than twice before I decide to participate in posting a question in a place where people post questions again... My mistake.

--------------------

OfflineLSDreamer
Materialist
Male

#12419923 - 04/19/10 11:15 AM (13 years, 11 months ago)

This thread has been closed.

Reason:
>_<

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale