Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomCube.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineYossarian22
Stranger
Re: Deputies Bust Mushroom 'super lab' [Re: argg]
    #14041173 - 02/28/11 10:53 AM (13 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

argg said:
Quote:

fall said:
Quote:

veggie said:
State authorities often drop their cases when defendants could face longer punishments in the federal system. If convicted in federal court, the Hannafins both face 20 years in prison.

Does this really happen?  Never heard of dropped drug charges due to a state not wanting the feds to get involved.

But that would be awesome

the state is dropping it due to the feds bringing charges. That is what I think is happening. Otherwise if the state convicts them the feds can't. If I have it right in my brain.

Actually, you can be charged with both- it's not double jeopardy. If they really wanted to fuck him over, they'd convict him in state court then in federal court. Of course, 20 years should be enough to please even the most blood-thirsty drug warrior.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineRun
Questioning my existance
 User Gallery

Re: Deputies Bust Mushroom 'super lab' [Re: Yossarian22]
    #14041704 - 02/28/11 12:35 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

:facepalm:  :facepalm:  :facepalm:  :facepalm:

--------------------
You, me, this point in existence is undeniably so unique, we take everything for granite ,life , comprehension, feelings, thought, so accustomed to understanding that we've lost the meaning of fully understanding who we are..... we are the extra terrestrial, we are the unknown, we are the mystical...

OfflineNature Boy
Stranger than most
Male User Gallery

Loc: Samsara
Re: Deputies Bust Mushroom 'super lab' [Re: Yossarian22]
    #14043299 - 02/28/11 04:26 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Yossarian22 said:
Actually, you can be charged with both- it's not double jeopardy. If they really wanted to fuck him over, they'd convict him in state court then in federal court. Of course, 20 years should be enough to please even the most blood-thirsty drug warrior.

You are correct.  Its not double jeopardy.  Once the Feds (with their 20 year penalty) decided to get involved, the financially strapped State figured why spend the money prosecuting?  Let the Federal Government pay.  Betcha that's what happened.

N.B.

--------------------
All submitted posts under this user name are works of pure fiction or outright lies.  Any information, statement, or assertion contained therein should be considered pure unadulterated bullshit.  Note well:  Sorry, but I do not answer PM's unless you are a long-time trusted friend.  If you have a question, ask it in the appropriate thread.

OfflineMikeOLogical
Doctor ofShroomology
 User Gallery

Loc: florida
Re: Deputies Bust Mushroom 'super lab' [Re: Nature Boy]
    #14099376 - 03/10/11 05:27 PM (13 years, 22 days ago)

Actually the feds never busted me... they reported that in the paper the day I was released, and I never did get charged with anything mushroom related...

--------------------
We got Nothing!
we're no longer selling jars.  :laugh:

InvisibleveggieM

Re: Deputies Bust Mushroom 'super lab' [Re: MikeOLogical]
    #14099710 - 03/10/11 06:26 PM (13 years, 22 days ago)

Hey, MikeOLogical.  Haven't seen you around in ages.

You're saying this story is about you??

OfflineMikeOLogical
Doctor ofShroomology
 User Gallery

Re: Deputies Bust Mushroom 'super lab' [Re: veggie]
    #14120330 - 03/14/11 04:49 PM (13 years, 18 days ago)

Quote:

veggie said:
Hey, MikeOLogical.  Haven't seen you around in ages.

You're saying this story is about you??

:bigjoint:

--------------------
We got Nothing!

OfflineDaylyBuzz420
Stranger
    #16691080 - 08/13/12 01:15 AM (11 years, 7 months ago)

YES it was my good old time longest bro , as kids we just got interested in natural medical aids . I been trying to follow his case , see they never caught his selling mushrooms . he was selling weed , as he is a bit of a smart fellow belive he had a mycology DEGREE which allowed him to study the medicinal benefits of the fungus , there for with out being able to prove he was selling they the got nothing , he sold weed , never got caught selling shrooms , it is not against the law to possess shrooms because the grow naturally  , it is against the law to intend to sell or use them , he has college degree's saying he studies them , LOVE YA BROTHER , FIGHT FOR YOUR RIGHTS , THE FEDERAL LAW IS AGAINST SELLING AND CONSUMING , YOU CAN STILL BUY SPORES ONLINE :_}

OfflineWimy
weiliiinmyyard
Male User Gallery

Loc: SE USA Flag
Re: Deputies Bust Mushroom 'super lab' [Re: DaylyBuzz420]
    #16691268 - 08/13/12 02:09 AM (11 years, 7 months ago)

They should have hired me to clean it up... Nom Nom nom

--------------------

OfflineMikeOLogical
Doctor ofShroomology
 User Gallery

Re: Deputies Bust Mushroom 'super lab' [Re: RazzleCap] * 4
    #22877391 - 02/07/16 10:26 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

Just wanted to offer an update on this story... In the end, after serving 6 months for the pot sale charges, the feds took up the case and charged me with Conspiracy to Manufacture Psilocin.  I was going to fight the charges, but a couple of things got in my way:

1: Florida Supreme Court rulings have no effect in Federal Court, so I couldn't rely on my planned defense of ignorance of any banned substances being present, and

2: The feds played dirty.  They had zero evidence against me for mushrooms, couldn't even connect me to the house.  So they charged my father, who was only staying in the spare room and had nothing to do with the grow.  Since he displayed knowledge of the shrooms being there (but not that they were illegal), he could be charged with conspiracy, and I could be charged as well based on my relationship with him.

The deal I was offered was simple - I could plead guilty with no sentencing guarantee, basically put my head on the chopping block, and take whatever sentence the judge gave me up to 20 years, and my dad would go free.

So I took the deal.  My dad ended up being RoR'd, never spent the night in jail, and I went before the judge.

Sentencing guidelines were calculated based on 17 lbs of dried mushrooms, which scored me out to 18-24 months... at that point I had already been locked up for just about 18 months so the sentence was Time Served plus six months in a halfway house and 3 years probation.

I completed the probation in Feb. 2015.  My sentence is complete, and I have no further obligation to the US gubmint.

My dad passed away last year.

--------------------
We got Nothing!

OfflineWhyDidiDoThis
Bay Area Mushroom Collector
Male User Gallery

Re: Deputies Bust Mushroom 'super lab' [Re: MikeOLogical] * 1
    #22877410 - 02/07/16 10:34 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

Oh man. Im glad you made it through with your sanity.  What got you caught?

OfflineMikeOLogical
Doctor ofShroomology
 User Gallery

Re: Deputies Bust Mushroom 'super lab' [Re: WhyDidiDoThis]
    #22877421 - 02/07/16 10:40 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

In a nutshell it was pills, oxycontin to be precise... I got heavily into them, and the guy selling to me was a confidential informant for the feds... One day he asks me if I can get any pot, said his friend was dealing and couldn't find supply... this was during an herb drought so it seemed plausible enough... so, me being an idiot, i sold his friend quarter pounds of pot on 3 separate occasions... the friend turned out to be a DEA agent.

--------------------
We got Nothing!

OfflineMrSpadoodles
Law Abiding Citizen
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: The Shroomery
Re: Deputies Bust Mushroom 'super lab' [Re: WhyDidiDoThis]
    #22877426 - 02/07/16 10:43 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

*poof*

--------------------
The meaning of life is just to be alive. It is so plain and so obvious and so simple. And yet, everybody rushes around in a great panic as if it were necessary to achieve something beyond themselves.
- Allan Watts

Looking for a P. Galindoi ATL#7 spore print/syringe. PM me to trade :pm:

Edited by MrSpadoodles (02/08/16 01:25 PM)

OfflineMikeOLogical
Doctor ofShroomology
 User Gallery

Re: Deputies Bust Mushroom 'super lab' [Re: MrSpadoodles] * 1
    #22877441 - 02/07/16 10:51 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

I had rules that served me well, that I followed for years and never got busted.  The first time I broke one of those rules, I got caught.

Rule 1- Never sell to anyone who hasn't sold to me first. It's rare for a cop to actually sell you something.

Rule 2- Never sell anything that has a lethal dose.

Rule 3- If you are dealing with someone, and that person has a friend that wants to buy, never sell to your friend's friend.  Always sell to your friend in a place away from his friend, and let him sell to his friend.

I broke rule 3.  When my friend the informant wanted me to sell to his friend, i told him to meet me alone.  He brought his friend.  I should have walked away at that point and never talked to him again for ignoring my instructions, but the guy was a fuckup and I needed his pills.  His friend said please don't make me deal through this guy cause he's such a fuckup.  This argument swayed me.  This one mistake cost me everything I owned and five years of my life.

--------------------
We got Nothing!

OfflineMrSpadoodles
Law Abiding Citizen
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #22877472 - 02/07/16 11:02 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

*poof*

--------------------
The meaning of life is just to be alive. It is so plain and so obvious and so simple. And yet, everybody rushes around in a great panic as if it were necessary to achieve something beyond themselves.
- Allan Watts

Edited by MrSpadoodles (02/08/16 01:24 PM)

OfflineMikeOLogical
Doctor ofShroomology
 User Gallery

Re: Deputies Bust Mushroom 'super lab' [Re: MrSpadoodles]
    #22877497 - 02/07/16 11:11 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

For starters, don't post online that you are planning illegal activities.  What you typed there is sufficient evidence for a conspiracy conviction.

--------------------
We got Nothing!

Offlinehonky red
Stranger
 User Gallery

#22878345 - 02/08/16 09:25 AM (8 years, 1 month ago)

Also if you do not want to get your friends busted do not tell the landlord of the house next to your friends grow that you want to rent his house, and when he asks you what you do for a living that you write a "how to grow pot column for a pot magazine".

OfflineMatt87
Male User Gallery
Loc: Tennessee
Re: Deputies Bust Mushroom 'super lab' [Re: honky red]
    #22878457 - 02/08/16 10:16 AM (8 years, 1 month ago)

Sorry to hear about your dad man. Good thing he didn't spend his last bit of time in jail.

--------------------

Once you understand the way broadly, you see it in all things. -Musashi

OfflineMrSpadoodles
Law Abiding Citizen
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #22879013 - 02/08/16 01:25 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

MikeOLogical said:
For starters, don't post online that you are planning illegal activities.  What you typed there is sufficient evidence for a conspiracy conviction.

touche lol
I cleaned up after myself

--------------------
- Allan Watts

OfflineEywa_devotee
Goddess Worshiper
Male User Gallery

Loc: State of Confusion, Arkan... Flag
Re: Deputies Bust Mushroom 'super lab' [Re: MrSpadoodles]
    #22885997 - 02/10/16 01:13 AM (8 years, 1 month ago)

Typical feds SOP is for them to allow the state to prosecute the physical drug charges themselves, then when the case is over, use information from the case and jailhouse informats to go after the poor sucker while incarcerated and then charge with a different crime like criminal conspiracy or trafficking. The feds usually cannot prosecute if you keep ALL the activities within your state's lines. For example if you got caught red handed and you admitted to buying spores (or any other supply) on the internet, or from out of state, you can be tried federally. If you admitted to asking for advice on how to grow, they can get you with criminal conspiracy, if someone out of state, federal prosecution can be invoked.

Three things to do to COVER YOUR ASS-
1)Remove the original labels and dispose of immediately ALL packaging of any of your supplies you get from out of state, and pay for them with cash if at all possible!

2)Use only ONE computer for doing questionable work on, and use with an anonymous wi-fi, and never at home. Make it so the hard drive is easily accessible within a few seconds so you can throw it in the microwave and smash it with a hammer. This will save you, as they will use your email contact list to pretend that you admitted to dealing to everyone (even family) on the list in hopes to get some other people to snitch on you.

3)Above all else, KEEP YOUR MOUTH SHUT and demand a lawyer! Say nothing to them no matter HOW BAD they try to scare you. Remember, plausible deniability is your friend. Remember: THEY CAN ONLY CONVICT IF THEY HAVE FACTUAL EVIDENCE; THE LESS THEY HAVE THE BETTER IT IS FOR YOUR SAKE. Oh yeah, keeping the place sort of messy but not trashed makes it harder for them to find things also.

Hope this helps someone avoid undue pain and suffering.

--------------------
"Love one another." "To Love is to know me." "Love is the Law, Love under Will." "In Compassion, all sorrows end." Regardless of the Master, the message is the same- Choose love and you shall live, Choose Fear and you shall die. Help bring peace to this Earth: Love one another, and serve others before yourself.

OfflineMatt87
Male User Gallery
Loc: Tennessee
Re: Deputies Bust Mushroom 'super lab' [Re: Eywa_devotee]
    #22886359 - 02/10/16 06:06 AM (8 years, 1 month ago)

I honestly don't think microwaving evidence would help you out. It might even add a charge.

--------------------

Once you understand the way broadly, you see it in all things. -Musashi

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags