Home | Community | Message Board

The Spore Depot
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineGthirteens
GovernmentalStrain 13
Low Risk Poo Spawning Idea! Opinions Please!!
    #1240389 - 01/22/03 05:00 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Hello All,

I just got done pausterizing my horse poo, and oh yeah I forgot to mentiont that I leached the fuck out of the poo just incase there was some urine left over. But the poo was pretty much dry, it wasn't clumped up at all anymore.

Anyways, I pausterized it for an hour and half, and it's now draining. I got these tuppeware dishes with lids that I was going to use to spawn the poo, and it'll take up about 2 1/2 pint jars (I got 8 1/2 pint jars to spawn with).

The thing is, this is my first time spawning, and I want to make sure this poo is going to colonize fine.

There's a number of things I could do a little wrong, like maybe making the poo too wet, or maybe I didn't leach enough urine out of the poo (although the poo was pretty much dry, and I leached it several times).

Anyways, I was thinking of a doing a low risk test first. LIke just use 1/4th of my 1/2 pint cake to spawn on just a little bit of poo, I figured I'd be able to see if it was colonizing it nicely in one day, at that time I could add the rest of the poo, that was pausterized the day before, in with this spawn/poo mix that is already starting to colonize, oh and ofcourse add the rest of the spawn too with the additional poo.

So basically i'll end up with my original plan of 2 1/2 pint jars in each tuppeware. The spawn/ poo ratio is going to be 1/4 or 1/5 ... which ever feels most comfortable to me.

But the whole reason of me wanting to do this is so if there is something wrong with the poo, which leads to the mycelium not colonizing, in this test example I would only lose 1/4th of a 1/2 pint jar. Versus if I spawned the 2 1/2 pint jars in the tuppeware right away, if something went bad there I would lose 2 of my jars... and I only have 8 jars, I want them to all have success!!

Do you think I could do a test like this? Would it be more contaminate prone for some reason?

Thanks in Advance,
Gthirteens - "It's all I ever smoke"

--------------------
Nostalgiaholic -

Fresh Times Past Age Like Wine,
More and More Precious All the Time

We have found they can intoxicate,
Blurring the Reality of our State

As I pluck them off my Aged Mental Vine,
Fresh Times Past Taste Like Wine

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleRoadkill
Retired Shroomery Mod
Male User Gallery

Loc: Snoqualmie, Wa.
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Low Risk Poo Spawning Idea! Opinions Please!! [Re: Gthirteens]
    #1241453 - 01/23/03 02:34 AM (13 years, 10 months ago)

yeah you could do a test like that.

sometimes you won't see any growth for several days....though.

good luck!

--------------------
Laterz, Road

Who the hell you callin crazy?
You wouldn't know what crazy was if Charles Manson was eating froot loops on your front porch!

Brainiac said:
PM the names with on there names, that means they have mushrooms for sale.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation