Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Anonymous

Humans without souls?
    #1236949 - 01/21/03 12:51 PM (21 years, 2 months ago)

I've been battling with this concept in my mind for a few months now, the possibility that a significant portion of the population don't have souls. I'm not talking symbolically, like uncaring people, but literally, in that some people simply don't have an ethereal body in addition to their physical one.

This idea wasn't originated by myself but was recognized by Russian philosopher Boris Mouravieff. He never stated outright the labels of souled and non-souled people but alluded to it through his description of what he calls Adamic and pre-Adamic man. Pre-Adamic man has essentially only 3 "centers" (or chakras, if you will) and are termed the lower centers. These are:
1 lower moving center - root chakra
2 lower emotional center - solar plexus (sexual) chakra
3 lower intellectual center - throat chakra
Adamic man has these three as well as the higher centers:
4 higher moving center - stomach chakra
5 higher emotional center - heart chakra
6 higher intellectual center - crown chakra
And the third eye chakra is a result of the combination of heart and crown chakras. This is further described on the Cassiopaea web site, which refers to non-souled people as "organic portals".

In essence, because these people have no soul and lack the higher centers, they are always concerned with physical needs and desires, and lack access to any type of higher self. This would explain why about half the population is not concerned at all with greater meaning in their life than the physical world around them, while another half is at least, to some extent, wondering what their life purpose is or what this whole thing we call life is supposed to be about. I've noticed this when I'm with my friends; some of them seem interested figuring out some meaning behind existence while others are not only unconcerned with such a thing but actually disgusted by it.

Now I'm still not sure about this whole concept, but after giving it thought for many months, I'm beginning to finally see by people's everyday behavior that this may indeed be true. When I first read about the idea that some humans don't have souls, I was in denial. Not because it seemed so far-fetched as to be ridiculous but because deep down somewhere in myself I knew it was true. It was truly disturbing and set me at unease for weeks. I was actually wondering, do I have a soul? I was worried that all the effort I put forth to finally give life meaning would come to an abrupt end at death. I've come to a conclusion about that but I'll keep it to myself.

The main thing that seems to set non-souled humans apart from the souled besides their obsession with physicality is lack of empathy. They never truly hurt for another's misfortune or pain. The woman with the broken-down car on the side of the highway, the beggar freezing to death on a snow-laden city street, the kid who gets picked on in school. They only care about their own situation, and physical needs.

A few people on this forum have claimed they have no soul. Maybe because this is true and they know it? I believe those who have souls are always aware of it on some level, even if they deny it.

I'm wondering what others think of this idea, including those of organized religion.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibletrendalM
J♠
Male User Gallery

Loc: Ontario, Canada
Re: Humans without souls? [Re: ]
    #1236974 - 01/21/03 12:56 PM (21 years, 2 months ago)

Interesting. That's really all I can say  :tongue:

--------------------
Once, men turned their thinking over to machines in the hope that this would set them free.
But that only permitted other men with machines to enslave them.

OfflineRemy
Bitches Brew
 User Gallery

Loc: Atlanta, GA
    #1237026 - 01/21/03 01:10 PM (21 years, 2 months ago)

Im not really a fan of the whole chakra thing, but I do have a suspicion that the soul does not come naturall. However, I do believe anyone can gain a soul, and that once a soul is gained (often at a young age), one can attain higher degrees of the soul.

Anonymous

Re: Humans without souls? [Re: Remy]
    #1237191 - 01/21/03 02:09 PM (21 years, 2 months ago)

I think you've hit the nail on the head, or at least thrown your hammer in the same bucket of nails as the "nail".

I never considered the posibility of such an occurence, but it sure would explain a heck of alot of things.  Like the actions of those people who do things that anyone with a brain (maybe soul now) would become sick to the stomach for even contemplating such things. :mad: 

InvisibleMetasyn
one

Loc: PNW
    #1237345 - 01/21/03 02:45 PM (21 years, 2 months ago)

Its an interesting idea, but I don't think people can be polarized dichotomously into "souled" and "not-souled," but rather in varying degrees of "soulfullness." Some people have very advanced souls and others don't even realize they have a soul. The property of soulfullness can be cultivated and advanced over the course of one's life, and people can have spiritual awakenings in which one realizes the full potential of one's soul. For the sake of equality, I would have to believe that we each have equal potential, but unequal realization of potential.

OfflineMurex
Reality Hacker

Loc: Traped in a shell.
Re: Humans without souls? [Re: Metasyn]
    #1237430 - 01/21/03 03:09 PM (21 years, 2 months ago)

I'm with Metasyn on this one.  :wink:

--------------------
What if everything around you
Isn't quite as it seems?
What if all the world you think you know,
Is an elaborate dream?
And if you look at your reflection,
Is it all you want it to be?

Offlinemista_insanity
Stranger
Re: Humans without souls? [Re: Murex]
    #1238088 - 01/21/03 08:30 PM (21 years, 2 months ago)

Sometimes I wonder if any of us even have souls to begin with. If we do, what is the soul anyways? Is it a piece of an even greater Over-Soul?

Ive heard a term, "Kundalini", used with the idea of chakras. What is Kundalini?

Offlinegnrm23
Carpal Tunnel
Loc: n. e. OH, USSA
    #1238183 - 01/21/03 11:43 PM (21 years, 2 months ago)

g i gurdjieff suggested that it is "the work" of humans to construct a soul as part of their job on this earth...
~
kundalini is "the serpent power", an energy entity that can be raised from base center to crown center, usually through a series of psychospiritual execises...

--------------------
old enough to know better
not old enough to care

Anonymous

Re: Humans without souls? [Re: gnrm23]
    #1239226 - 01/22/03 08:35 AM (21 years, 2 months ago)

I think that Boris Gurdjeff meant the difference between non religious people and religious people. Non-Religious people are confined to the three forms of sipirit awareness. Even when they followed a trancedental teaching they are without souls cause they live without the light of god in their lives. The 7 chakras symbolize the 7 bodies of heaven and of humans.

Edited by sNaiLmAil (01/22/03 08:36 AM)

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: 9th Dimension
    #1239270 - 01/22/03 08:48 AM (21 years, 2 months ago)

According to the Pleiadians, souls go through levels of life experience.

That is, we begin as a spiritual body (energy, or soul) as a consciousness.. in spiritual reality where we are at peace with all and exist eternally in the loving radiance of Creation and All That Is. Until it is decided to enter into physical reality in order to gain experience.

When a 'fresh' soul enters into its first physical body, it is clumsy and physically immature (inexperienced). These souls do not often live long, as they can barely take care of themselves or find food or water. Survival is the only focus, as it is quite difficult. They die early. Through the process of reincarnation, souls go through many cycles of life and death, gaining a little bit more experience each time along the way.

After many hundreds of lifetimes a soul has usually gained enough knowledge about the physical world and is beginning to think about spiritual concepts. Survival is hardly a concern, as the experienced soul is familiar with how to take care of the needs of the physical body. Spiritual matters become more important.

When an experienced soul looks upon a "new" soul, one who is in the first stages of physical experiences, they may appear to be "without a soul" or just plain stupid. This is not the case, as they are simply an immature spirit. They have not lived many hundreds of physical lifetimes to gain enough experience that they live comfortably in the material world. They are simply younger, and have gained less knowledge of the physical world than you. This does not make them inferior. We are all on our own paths of evolution, and we all go at different paces and learn different things at different times.

For a more thorough explanation of the levels of Human Evolution, check out This post

--------------------

Edited by Shroomism (01/22/03 09:39 AM)

OfflineLarrythescaryrex
teardrop on the fire
Male User Gallery

Loc: further down the spiral
    #1239284 - 01/22/03 08:53 AM (21 years, 2 months ago)

there was a guy that went to high school with my class. His skin was very shiny and his face looked like plastic, we always said he had no soul.

--------------------
RIP Acidic_Sloth

Sunset_Mission said:
"larry the scary rex
verily scary when thoroughly vexed
invoke the shadows and dust, cast a hex
mercifully massacring memories masterfully
relocate from Ur to 8th density and become a cosmic bully
mulder and scully couldn't decipher his glyphs
invoke the shadows and dust, smoke infernal spliffs"
April 24th 2011

Anonymous

Re: Humans without souls? [Re: Larrythescaryrex]
    #1239307 - 01/22/03 08:59 AM (21 years, 2 months ago)

That's all good and fine shroomism but you didn't answer the kundalini and the three and 7 energy bodies question. I think you should see this metaphysically, not litterally. A lot of jabber without answer. You should go into politics.  :grin:

Edited by sNaiLmAil (01/22/03 09:00 AM)

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
    #1239343 - 01/22/03 09:14 AM (21 years, 2 months ago)

I was focusing on a different aspect.

We have literally hundreds of chakras. They are all over our body, "chi cavities" or pressure points as they are called. However most literature focuses on the 7 main chakras which run up the spine. In spiritually immature souls, the chakras are usually out of balance, or inoperative completely. Since spiritually immature souls are most focused on survival and sexual drive (the first and second chakras respectively), the higher chakras of love and spiritual insight are often neglected, thus causing an imbalance as most energy is focused towards the lower chakras.

They don't not have souls, all beings of consciousness have a soul. They are simply spiritually immature, and focused on the lower chakra levels of survival.

Kundalini is potential energy that lies like a coiled serpent at the base of the spine. When activated, it weaves through the chakras, activating and spinning them. However if there is a block in the chakras such as too much focus on sexual energy, then it can cause problems as the kundalini is released.

Those who are focused on the lower chakra levels are not aware of their soul simply because they are too focused on physical reality. Residing in the lower chakras they are essentially "cut off" from the gain of spiritual insight and knowledge of the higher chakras, this of course, is where knowledge of the soul exists. Since they are oblivious to these chakras or center of thinking, there is only the lower chakras of survival, sexual desire, willpower.. that drives them. They are unaware of their soul because of it and it may also appear that way to outside observers.

--------------------

OfflineLarrythescaryrex
teardrop on the fire
Male User Gallery

Loc: further down the spiral
Re: Humans without souls? [Re: Shroomism]
    #1239434 - 01/22/03 09:48 AM (21 years, 2 months ago)

What effects could energy theft have on that?

--------------------
RIP Acidic_Sloth

Sunset_Mission said:
"larry the scary rex
verily scary when thoroughly vexed
invoke the shadows and dust, cast a hex
mercifully massacring memories masterfully
relocate from Ur to 8th density and become a cosmic bully
mulder and scully couldn't decipher his glyphs
invoke the shadows and dust, smoke infernal spliffs"
April 24th 2011

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
    #1239463 - 01/22/03 09:55 AM (21 years, 2 months ago)

Do you mean psychic vampirism?

I believe that is a karma issue. The spiritually immature are easier prey for such activities, but it does little to hinder their learning. The balance comes in the karmic interaction between the two souls. Well, it may slow down their evolution somewhat. Since energy is eternal and abundant, one need only empty their cup for it to be filled. But awareness of this eternal energy source resides in the higher chakras one who is focused on the lower chakras can be unaware of this and allow their energy to be drained without refilling. Energy leeching is not necessary as all the energy in the universe is available at request. However this is a bit beyond my scope, and I think psychic vampires exist for a karmic reason.

--------------------

InvisibleRevelation

User Gallery

Loc: heart cave
    #1239465 - 01/22/03 09:55 AM (21 years, 2 months ago)

What about the severely disabled, mentally and physically? Do they have souls?

--------------------

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Re: Humans without souls? [Re: Revelation]
    #1239470 - 01/22/03 09:57 AM (21 years, 2 months ago)

All beings of consciousness have a soul.

--------------------

OfflineKenny Bus
The enlightend

Loc: ontario
    #1239483 - 01/22/03 09:59 AM (21 years, 2 months ago)

sry i didnt read all the replies... do u think we are born with a sense of right and wrong? or is that something that we get from society, and culture? maybe the souless just missed out on something in they're upbrining. but thats not what i believe, just kinda rationalising... i mean, why dont some people have souls? is there an middle chakra?

i'm gunna read the rest of the replies now.

--------------------
KB

InvisibleRevelation

User Gallery

Loc: heart cave
Re: Humans without souls? [Re: Shroomism]
    #1239538 - 01/22/03 10:16 AM (21 years, 2 months ago)

Maybe people with Down's Syndrome are the next step in human evolution. They tend to be very loving and caring people.

--------------------

Anonymous

Re: Humans without souls? [Re: Revelation]
    #1239568 - 01/22/03 10:25 AM (21 years, 2 months ago)

:confused:

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder