Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Anonymous

Passing out...
    #1238520 - 01/22/03 03:32 AM (21 years, 2 months ago)

A while back, my girlfriend finally got the chance to try shrooms with me.  She had been looking forward to it for a while and was very excited but slightly nervous about trying them.  She took one Clarinex with a light meal approximately 10hrs before the trip and a half-glass of wine with dinner approximately 2hrs before eating the shrooms.  She had been slightly ill, with a runny nose and slight nausea.  We had abstained from drugs other than marijuana for seven days.

She ate approximately 2grams and I ate 3.5grams.  She had a great trip and loved the introspection that it gave her.  We decided to smoke a bowl after we felt pretty much normal again (about 5 1/2 hours later).  We are both semi-daily smokers that have no problems handling pot physically or mentally, we could sit and chief through several grams with no paranoia/bad feelings. 

About 15 minutes after smoking the bowl, my girlfriend complained of dizziness.  She got up and walked to the bathroom and passed out for about 15 seconds.  I shook her and talked her back to reality.  She didn't remember who I was or anything for about 3 minutes after coming back.  I nursed her back with lots of water and saltine crackers :smile: .  She had never fainted before except once when she was very small and saw herself bleeding heavily.  She hasn't fainted since that night.  My initial guess was dehydration, but we had both went through 32oz of water during our trips.

My question is, can anyone offer an explanation for this, or have a similar experience?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleBilge
longtimenoC

Loc: USA
Re: Passing out... [Re: Organic]
    #1238569 - 01/22/03 04:08 AM (21 years, 2 months ago)

i have seen people have the same problem. a friend passed out while walking down a flight of stairs. then he got to ride in an ambulance. he chipped some teeth and got some stitches on his face. i still don't know for sure what caused it, but he had eaten some chocolates he found for sale in a parking lot so who knows what was in them. i also try to avoid smoking pot until after the peak, but that far after the peak i would expect to be fine.

--------------------
Shopping for your head? Visit HeadShopFinder.com or find Online Head Shops.

Offlinemetalchimp
bionic monkey

Loc: Cambridge, England
    #1238740 - 01/22/03 05:27 AM (21 years, 2 months ago)

I dont know how much 32oz of water is & its probably unlikely but you can become over hydrated, symptoms are much the same as dehydration plus the added danger that it can be wrongly diagnosed as dehydration, a nurse could kill you by putting you on a saline drip

OfflineAzmodeus
Seeker

Loc: Lotus Land!! B.C.
Re: Passing out... [Re: metalchimp]
    #1238770 - 01/22/03 05:38 AM (21 years, 2 months ago)

I have had two such experiences. One was with myself, i had taken 1g shrooms, 2.5cc LSA extract, and 4 shots of 50% Vodka. I was fine thoroughout the trip, got up got us water, brought it back, went to take a piss, was staring at my pupils in the mirror........
"Chris?....Chris? are you ok? what happened?"

I had no concept of passing out...normally my vision will fill with black like in a headrush....but no warning this time whatsoever!! I've never passed out like that before.

The second experience was with Syrian rue and shrooms. It was like confusion was rolling over my conscioussness in waves and my psice was fragmenting, but before it overwhelmed me it just dissapeared! My g/f got up a few minutes later and collapsed in the bathroom. Her eyes were open and she was convulsing slightly....i talked to her quietly and within a minute it passed. Both experinces left us distrot, as we have had no history of such incidents before. Also the first time i passed out, my eyes were open, which means i was staring at nothing for at least a minute. And i do have a vauge recollection of sitting after falling, in the time it took for my vision to return and my g/f to come see what happened.

The syrian rue though i had extracted with 6 lemons worth of juice, which we drank straight, so it prolly had something to do with the HIGH amount of citric acid in our bodies....that is the only explanation i can think of.

--------------------
"Know your Body - Know your Mind - Know your Substance - Know your Source.

Lest we forget. "

Anonymous

Re: Passing out... [Re: Bilge]
    #1239176 - 01/22/03 08:23 AM (21 years, 2 months ago)

Bilge, can you give any other examples of this happening? I would really like to hear them.

These were also mushroom chocolates, but me and two close friends had no effects from a 3.5g dose other than shroominess. They were bioassayed by about fifteen different people total, with only my girlfriend experiencing fainting. She ate only 2/3 of one of the chocolates.

Thanks for the replies!

Anonymous

Re: Passing out... [Re: metalchimp]
    #1239188 - 01/22/03 08:26 AM (21 years, 2 months ago)

32oz of water=roughly 1000ml, aka two standard sized bottled waters.

OfflineJaxx
Random muppet.
 User Gallery

Loc: Anywhere but Elsewhere
    #1240020 - 01/22/03 12:51 PM (21 years, 2 months ago)

I've passed out before after taking 4 E's the night before and then the next day I smoked weed all day (which is pretty normal for me, especially on a comedown :laugh:).  I also took about 4 coproxamol (sp?) tablets because I had a bastard of a headache.  I went to the bathroom for a piss and just passed out and hit my head on the toilet, a friend of mine then came and said "Are you alright?" I said "Yeah", stood up, and passed out again!  :confused: I then went back upstairs and smoked a few bongs and had a few beers, and I was fine.  Was pretty weird though.  I think it just happens sometimes. 

--------------------
If you were to draw a continuous straight line with a standard graphite pencil the line would stretch for 35 miles.

OfflineStrumpling
Neuronaut
Loc: Hyperspace
    #1240031 - 01/22/03 12:54 PM (21 years, 2 months ago)

Pot + Mushrooms = Completely different than just pot or just mushrooms :smile:

--------------------
Insert an "I think" mentally in front of eveything I say that seems sketchy, because I certainly don't KNOW much. Also; feel free to yell at me.
In addition: SHPONGLE

Anonymous

Re: Passing out... [Re: Strumpling]
    #1240075 - 01/22/03 01:06 PM (21 years, 2 months ago)

indeed...

InvisibleTinMan
Stranger

Loc: Russia
    #1240194 - 01/22/03 01:52 PM (21 years, 2 months ago)

My largest dose ever of mushrooms was 9g. which caused me to pass out shortly after I peaked, which is weird, because I never pass out from any drugs, so that was a first. I don't know what could have caused the sickness though.

OfflineAzmodeus
Seeker

Loc: Lotus Land!! B.C.
Re: Passing out... [Re: TinMan]
    #1242598 - 01/23/03 09:35 AM (21 years, 2 months ago)

"Pot + Mushrooms = Completely different than just pot or just mushrooms"

I haven't stopped smoking long enough to tell if thats true or not...

--------------------
"Know your Body - Know your Mind - Know your Substance - Know your Source.

Lest we forget. "

OfflineMisterKite
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Loc: Montreal, QC
    #1243011 - 01/23/03 12:08 PM (21 years, 2 months ago)

She could've just gotten up too fast and had the blood drain from her head. I've passed out like that before, with the exact same symptoms. It was when i was 12, and was one of the scariest things of my life. I woke up and didn't know where I was, who I was, who I was with, what I was doing, why people were laughing, what state I was in. It was total amnesia. I was weirded out for a couple hours after too.

--------------------
"But for the sake of some little mouthful of flesh we deprive a soul of the sun and light, and of that proportion of life and time it had been born into the world to enjoy."

OfflineCrass
Explorer of theMind

#1243484 - 01/23/03 02:47 PM (21 years, 2 months ago)

Once when I went up north with some buddies of mine, we smoked a shit load of pot everyday when we were up there. On like the 3rd night I was outside with this chick and then my heart started beating really fast (i thought i was just nervous) then suddenly I felt really light headed and had to sitdown on my way to sitdown she said I just like went really limp and almost fell down, she propped me up against the table then i just hit the ground.. I woke up and i thought i was on an operating table getting like electroshock or something cos there was a buzzing sound and for a second I forgot who I was and what was going out.. I beleive this was because all we would do was smoke pot and drink soda and I think I got dehydrated.. after I drank a bit of water i felt allright.

Offlinemushieangel
im his imaginaryfriend. no onecan see me buthim

Loc: somewhere fun, i hope
Re: Passing out... [Re: Crass]
    #1245134 - 01/24/03 05:42 AM (21 years, 2 months ago)

when i was younger and was sick, after lying down for a long time i would suddenly have this burning need to go get something to drink, would jump up, run to the bathroom, kitchen, whatever, and pass out. much of it just was that the blood isnt where it needs to be when i got up, but i think when you are sick your body has a bit of a harder time getting the blood to your head and makes you more succeptable... i dont know, but that could be partly why.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order