Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomCube.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   North Spore Boomr Bag   Mushroom-Hut Grow Bags

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Invisiblewhiterasta
Day careobserver
 User Gallery
Loc: Oregon
Wild Oregon Portos
    #1238301 - 01/22/03 01:22 AM (21 years, 2 months ago)

I went down to the barn for some KaKa and straw and found an opened and a button Agaricus sp. either brunescens or a brown capped campestris.Well finding a strain which fruits at the temps we've been having would be a real great addition to the mycoculture of my lil woodland dell.So I started two liquid clone cultures and two direct to BRF jars I had extra.The tissue in one of each has already started to diffuse.I will attempt photos later today.This is cool as I was just about to buy a stock culture to grow these and I got one which fruits in the dead of winter,for free in the wild........Makes me feel lucky! WR

--------------------
To old for this place

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleG a n j a
Pictish and proud
 User Gallery

Loc: Zone ate
Re: Wild Oregon Portos [Re: whiterasta]
    #1238342 - 01/22/03 01:52 AM (21 years, 2 months ago)

Good work :smile: that will hopefully lead to good eating :smile:

--------------------
er

Invisiblewhiterasta
Day careobserver
 User Gallery
Re: Wild Oregon Portos [Re: G a n j a]
    #1259067 - 01/29/03 12:59 PM (21 years, 2 months ago)

Update on wild agaricus tissue clones: I got solid mycelial growth in one liquid culture but am still waiting for signs of life in the other liquid and the two BRF jars I put tissue into.I am lucky as the flask which grew is 1L and the one I am still waiting on is a 500ml.I will be able to make a great deal of spawn from the Litre flask :grin:even if the others do nothing :wink:WR 

--------------------
To old for this place

Invisiblewhiterasta
Day careobserver
 User Gallery
    #1294956 - 02/10/03 12:48 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

Well my first attempt contaminated but I made a homemade sterile blender and made a new culture of blended carpophores I will be inoculating 4 large turkey bags of pasteurized compost blend today.I really want success with this strain as it has fruited ALL winter even during freezing weather so I am trying everything. :grin:WR

--------------------
To old for this place

InvisibleG a n j a
Pictish and proud
 User Gallery

#1294996 - 02/10/03 01:31 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

Better luck this time mate :smile: i have quite a high contam rate with wild stock at the moment 2 :frown: i may try some antibiotics just in the first agar plates then move away from it.

Second time lucky im hopeing for you :smile:

--------------------
er

Invisiblewhiterasta
Day careobserver
 User Gallery
Re: Wild Oregon Portos [Re: G a n j a]
    #1371333 - 03/13/03 02:53 AM (21 years, 20 days ago)

this pic shows the difference between Agaricus campestris,var Lake Creek and Ps.cubensis,var B+.
Notice the subtle color and texture differences in the mycelium.
I have a clean liquid culture which I did substrate experiments on and best by far was a mix of poo water/alder chips/WBS.
I will be inoculating a case of pints today..... wish me luck with this project,if I succeed I will have cloned a wild shroom and brought it to fruit W/O agar!Also I will post my home made P/C safe sterile blender which I am using to make liquid cultures of several other wild strains  :wink: :grin:WR

PS the Agaricus is aprox.5X older than the other so contams can be a problem during the long incubation,be sure and really sterilize your substrate and use a large inoculum for best results

--------------------
To old for this place

Edited by whiterasta (03/13/03 02:57 AM)

OfflinePaid
Pict
 User Gallery

#1371365 - 03/13/03 03:20 AM (21 years, 20 days ago)

Go?d luck with it mate :smile: i saw the same thing in my Agaricus bisporus  (white button)mycelium.It was a lot more wispy than the cubensis :smile: but a dam site faster.
Today ive just mixed 750ml of millet spawn into some composted straw and manure :smile: so wish me a bit back lol.

--------------------

Edited by Paid (03/13/03 03:22 AM)

Invisiblewhiterasta
Day careobserver
 User Gallery
Re: Wild Oregon Portos [Re: Paid]
    #1374426 - 03/14/03 01:36 AM (21 years, 20 days ago)

Good luck Paid! I inoculated 15 pints yesterday(3/13)w/a healthy liquid culture into a Cob/WBS/Ryegrass seed/Rye flour/poo water/alder/barn compost/Aloe/Ascophytum nodosum/CaCo3 substrate(good for all species Ive worked).I tried a few of the buttons I've collected and they are Muy Delicioso!
I have identified it as Agaricus campestris,var Lake Creek as it is a true cold fruiting fungi with well formed buttons forming in freezing weather.I am hopeful to be able to offer stabile cold fruit Agaricus with some succes in fruiting my isolated clone tissue from a large fresh specimen I harvested at 30F.I hope for a pasture land inoculation and a consistant wild fruiting :wink: WR

--------------------
To old for this place

Invisiblewhiterasta
Day careobserver
 User Gallery
    #1377375 - 03/15/03 02:52 AM (21 years, 18 days ago)

3:15:03
All 15 jars are beginning to show strong growth already.I expect the advanced substrate will help speed colonization times. I intend to spawn the jar pictured in the next day or so into straw/horse poo,and case W/peat and cat litter,probably a very small(1litre)total volume to keep my inoculation % high.This fungi seems to like to fruit under a wide range of conditions from 50ish and soaking wet to 25-30F and cold and dry.My first try will be under standard conditions of high humidity and a temp of 65-70F.and I will go from there with my new jars.Honestly though at this point I feel assured of success following loosly Stamets Agaricus models.The hardest part was gettting a clean liquid culture from a wild fruit W/O agar isolation. I acomplshed this by buying and old blender from a second hand store.I then unscrewed the bottom of the blender and took the grinder and gasket to the shop,I drilled a small hole in the area between the edge and the center. Into this hole I placed a self healing plug from a vaccine bottle(farm stores sell vaccines for many animals).I then found a tall jar with a standard small mouth canning jar thread and placed the adapted grinder on it with the gasket between jar and grinder and screwed on a standard small mouth mason jar ring loosly after filling with water.P/C as usual and cool in sterilized oven or flow hood.
Next take a clean imature specimen of the fruit you wish to clone, clean it thoroughly and place into 3% H2O2 overnite.When specimen is done soaking and jar is cool,using sterile technique transfer the carpophore to the jar and tightly screw down band. Blend in bursts until fruit is completly macerated.
Using sterile syringes draw the liquid from the self healing port and inject into waiting jars of honey water.Discard remaining liquid and clean up "blender' for next round.;) WR

--------------------
To old for this place

Invisiblewhiterasta
Day careobserver
 User Gallery
    #1382384 - 03/17/03 01:04 AM (21 years, 17 days ago)

All 15 jars showed strong growth in 3 days so were shaken.I will post photos of complete colonization :grin:in it looks like less than a week! 

--------------------
To old for this place

OfflinePaid
Pict
 User Gallery

#1382472 - 03/17/03 02:02 AM (21 years, 17 days ago)

Great stuff :smile: we'll have to do a culture swap at some point  :grin:
Told you they are fast  :wink:

--------------------

Invisiblewhiterasta
Day careobserver
 User Gallery
    #1435623 - 04/07/03 08:44 AM (20 years, 11 months ago)

Well here is a pic of one of my bags of straw/poo inoculated with my wild isolate.So far so good.
BTW the oven bags are the schiznitz for this whole thing :grin:WR
the jar is myc on potting soil which while slow proved to be one of the better substrates I tried for this one,the best being WBS/alder/beer(the spawn in the bag)

wish me luck on the fruiting so I can make many clean sporeprints :wink: WR

--------------------
To old for this place

OfflinePaid
Pict
 User Gallery

#1435640 - 04/07/03 09:00 AM (20 years, 11 months ago)

Good luck mate :-)
I think its time i used some bags as well :-)

--------------------

Invisiblewhiterasta
Day careobserver
 User Gallery
    #1435697 - 04/07/03 09:39 AM (20 years, 11 months ago)

Reynolds turkey bags can be recut and sealed with a seal-a-meal and are cheap, durable and P/C proof(just set bags on a towel in the P/C).They also are great in full size for pasteurizing medium sized amnts of compost/straw,etc.
I'd love to see how your doing with yours.What substrates are you using?Just curious :smile: WR

--------------------
To old for this place

OfflinePaid
Pict
 User Gallery

#1436257 - 04/07/03 01:13 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

I was using some shop bought composted manure that was mainly half rooted sawdust mixed with horse poo from what i can tell, this i mixed 50/50 with shredded straw and was planning to case with multi purpose compost.But i had
an outbreak of the dreaded green mould which seemed to get almost every thing in my lab.So i decided to have a short break from fruiting and repainted the lab and worked on mainly petris for the last month or so.But at the moment i have jars of

Stropharia rugosoannulata on perenial rye grass seed.
Gym. spectabilis " "
Golden teacher " "
P. subaeruginosa " "
Macrolepiota procera " "

and

P. azurescens on millet
Lentinus edodes " "

and

Pleurotus ostreatus on dowels

So i think i need a bit of luck back :-) i think ive beat the green now,and have removd all house plants from the lab to keep things cleaner but this hurts my soul as now i have a room in my house with no plants in :-( lol.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   North Spore Boomr Bag   Mushroom-Hut Grow Bags