Home | Community | Message Board

Vaposhop
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlineabraham
journeyman
opinions wanted
    #1238274 - 01/22/03 03:01 AM (14 years, 20 hours ago)

Could anyone tell me if they think it would work to grow mushrooms outdoors by using hay and such, as in moe's tek but just using syringes to innoculate insted of spawning with half pint jars. Maybe using a lot of spores. What do you experts think(or know). Thanks for any help.

Edited by abraham (01/22/03 03:13 AM)

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineKrayzie
PsychotropicEuphoria

Loc: Garden of Weeden
Re: opinions wanted [Re: abraham]
    #1238341 - 01/22/03 03:52 AM (14 years, 19 hours ago)

I don't think it would work for the simple fact that spores need 3-7 days to germinate, thus making an exposed substrate more open to contaminants. The purpose of using cakes as spawn is so the new substrate will begin to colonize within 12-24 hours depending on conditions, and so you can mix the cake throughout the substrate. So all in all, it COULD work, but the odds are not very good at all.

InvisiblePsychoslut
The Mother Fucking Bear-o-dactyl
 User Gallery
Loc: all up in ya
    #1238348 - 01/22/03 03:58 AM (14 years, 19 hours ago)

yeah and yull get hella better flushes if you spawn with cakes or colonized grain, put a moes outdoor tech inside a tire if you dont want to dig a hole in yur yard, plant some flowers in there so not to look suspicoius

--------------------

[quote]KristiMidocean said:
Good now thats clear.WHO FUCKING CARES. If I am fat u all keep pointing it out like its suppose to be a secret.LIke u really have nothing better to do then make fat jokes. If o know its like I do I know yall can come up with NEW AND BETTER SHIT . This shit is old and boring . I left in the first place cause this shit got boring not because of the fat jokes . Fat jokes dont bother me but seriously its old[/quote]

InvisibleDropsy
Lot Attendant
    #1238398 - 01/22/03 04:27 AM (14 years, 19 hours ago)

First off, I'm no expert, but you wouldn't need to be to have experience with this.

Several years back I tried exactly what you're talking about here and had a fully colonized cowpie in a couple of weeks. I had basically no knowledge of mushrooms at the time, so after the first flush (two tiny mushrooms) I tried moving the colonized cowpie to a more shady place. It never recovered, only dried out and turned blue.

Use a fair ammount of spores for innoculation and make sure that temperatures are going to be warm enough support quick growth.

InvisiblePsychoslut
The Mother Fucking Bear-o-dactyl
 User Gallery
Loc: all up in ya
Re: opinions wanted [Re: Dropsy]
    #1238404 - 01/22/03 04:30 AM (14 years, 19 hours ago)

You only got two tiny shrooms cause you used spores, not mycellium, its a miracle you got the two ya got

--------------------

[quote]KristiMidocean said:
Good now thats clear.WHO FUCKING CARES. If I am fat u all keep pointing it out like its suppose to be a secret.LIke u really have nothing better to do then make fat jokes. If o know its like I do I know yall can come up with NEW AND BETTER SHIT . This shit is old and boring . I left in the first place cause this shit got boring not because of the fat jokes . Fat jokes dont bother me but seriously its old[/quote]

OfflineSillycybe
Sillycybe

#1238553 - 01/22/03 05:57 AM (14 years, 17 hours ago)

In any situation, syringe/liquid innoculation teks, are always easier and much more sterile, than using jars I think. I think using jars is a good and very trusted tek by many, But I think it's headed out of date.

--------------------
"Some say we'll see armagedon soon...I certainly hope we will, I sure could use a vacation."

OfflineNumba9
Veteran tripper
 User Gallery

Loc: State of "Euphoria"
    #1239116 - 01/22/03 10:00 AM (14 years, 13 hours ago)

Spawn, spawn..Spawn.... you can`t just innoculate a pile of shit or hay and expect it to colonize.. especially outdoors
Maybe the word "can`t" is inappropriate. You "can" if you like, but the chances of any spores germinating from a syringe would be slim to none in my humble opinion

--------------------
Remember..what the Door Mouse said..."Feed your Head".......... Jefferson Airplane

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation