Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds - Original Sensible Seeds
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9  [ show all ]
OfflineStrumpling
Neuronaut
Loc: Hyperspace
Re: Don't believe in God?Shouldn't you have an answer? [Re: World Spirit]
    #1236925 - 01/21/03 12:43 PM (21 years, 2 months ago)

How's this: You have not proved anything at all.

--------------------
Insert an "I think" mentally in front of eveything I say that seems sketchy, because I certainly don't KNOW much. Also; feel free to yell at me.
In addition: SHPONGLE

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineStrumpling
Neuronaut
Re: Don't believe in God?Shouldn't you have an answer? [Re: Strumpling]
    #1236930 - 01/21/03 12:44 PM (21 years, 2 months ago)

And now you reply with something like "Ahh, but the proof is all around you."

How "intelligent" is that?

--------------------
Insert an "I think" mentally in front of eveything I say that seems sketchy, because I certainly don't KNOW much. Also; feel free to yell at me.

OfflineTeKHeAD009
Stranger
    #1236994 - 01/21/03 01:01 PM (21 years, 2 months ago)

The thing that made me reconsider my belief in God was my 3rd grade teachers horrible responce to a question I asked about the subject (it was a private school). "If people who dont worship God go to hell, what about people who have never heard about God or read the bible?" She told me that everybody at some point was taught about God; and that was good enough for me at the time.

Years later I realise that she couldn't have been right. If only Native Americans inhabited the 'new world' prior to the 1500's, they could never have learned about Christianity. This means they worshiped whatever Native Americans worishped at the time: sun, moon, stars, various gods, etc..

I do believe in God, but  I'm not technically Christian because I dont currently go to church or read the Christian Bible. I have faith that God exists and I accept that it can not be prooved. Proof is the anthisis of faith. If its proof you need to believe, then you don't have faith.

edit: wanted unbold that; I'm an idiot, no?  :tongue:

Edited by TeKHeAD009 (01/21/03 01:16 PM)

OfflineBaby_Hitler
Errorist
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: To the limit!
Re: Don't believe in God?Shouldn't you have an answer? [Re: TeKHeAD009]
    #1237052 - 01/21/03 01:20 PM (21 years, 2 months ago)

Faith in God is an illusion.

It consists mostly of faith in yourself (your own "righteousness", "enlightenment" and also perception), faith in the information you have been given (faith in the Bible, Torrah, Qurran, Rede...) and in those who gave it to you.

Faith in God is merely faith in faith.

--------------------
"America: Fuck yeah!" -- Alexthegreat

“Nothing can now be believed which is seen in a newspaper. Truth itself becomes suspicious by being put into that polluted vehicle. The real extent of this state of misinformation is known only to those who are in situations to confront facts within their knowledge with the lies of the day.”  -- Thomas Jefferson

The greatest sin of mankind is ignorance.

The press takes [Trump] literally, but not seriously; his supporters take him seriously, but not literally. --Salena Zeto (9/23/16)

InvisibleWorld Spirit
PNW
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Don't believe in God?Shouldn't you have an answer? [Re: TeKHeAD009]
    #1237093 - 01/21/03 01:33 PM (21 years, 2 months ago)

Deleted by admin

OfflineStrumpling
Neuronaut
    #1237115 - 01/21/03 01:41 PM (21 years, 2 months ago)

who do you think TAUGHT you your belief?

Church and Literature.

You wouldn't have come up with this trash on your own.

--------------------

Edited by Strumpling (01/21/03 01:42 PM)

InvisibleWorld Spirit
PNW
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Don't believe in God?Shouldn't you have an answer? [Re: Strumpling]
    #1237124 - 01/21/03 01:45 PM (21 years, 2 months ago)

Deleted by admin

InvisibleEvolving
Resident Cynic

Loc: Apt #6, The Village
    #1237131 - 01/21/03 01:46 PM (21 years, 2 months ago)

Where's the beef?

--------------------
To call humans 'rational beings' does injustice to the term, 'rational.'  Humans are capable of rational thought, but it is not their essence.  Humans are animals, beasts with complex brains.  Humans, more often than not, utilize their cerebrum to rationalize what their primal instincts, their preconceived notions, and their emotional desires have presented as goals - humans are rationalizing beings.

Anonymous

Re: Don't believe in God?Shouldn't you have an answer? [Re: Evolving]
    #1237271 - 01/21/03 02:27 PM (21 years, 2 months ago)

OfflineMarkostheGnostic
Elder
Male User Gallery

Loc: South Florida
    #1237436 - 01/21/03 03:11 PM (21 years, 2 months ago)

Hey...how about, 'you become your ignorance?' I'm reading a text on mysticism, and one of the chapters is on Theresa of Avila who wrote 'Interior Castle,' and some other classics in Christian mysticism. The different states of being this Carmelite monastic wrote about and categorized are now classic. Those who are educated in the highest practices of contemplation can appreciate her contributuion to humanity's store of knowledge. There are people like Ken Wilber, for example, whose degree of intellection is well acknowledged, and artist Alex Grey, whose art I know you've seen, who have a deep understanding of Christian mysticism, and it's modern magnification by the use of Entheogens.

Have you not noticed the painfully few individuals at this forum who can say, because they understand, that Christ is the Way to be? Do you not notice that individuals here post under a spirituality & philosophy (oh, yes, and now the secularizing influence of science) forum, and yet have anger and even contempt for things deemed Christian? With such animosity, there can be no genuine spirituality present in such lives under any other tradition. There is instinct and intellection, but little mediating Compassion, despite references to bodhisattvas, swamis, or higher order humans in any other tradition. This, like other similar forums (e.g., Drooldonkey, the Lycaeum, etc.) has attracted haters, the envious, the cynical, the abused, and worst of all, the demonic. Unbelief is not experienced with a humble desire to believe, but with ridicule of believers. Like those who "put out their lips," as the New Testament described the sadistic mockers of Jesus on the way to His crucifixion, there are those who use this forum to express their own tormented selves. There is laughter, and there is laughter, but the laughter of pure joy is absent from the hearts of such dark souls. Martyrdom worked only minimally - masochism doesn't work at all as a change agent. People have to want to change - thus sayeth the therapist :smile: 

--------------------
γνῶθι σαὐτόν - Gnothi Seauton - Know Thyself

OfflineTeKHeAD009
Stranger
Re: Don't believe in God?Shouldn't you have an answer? [Re: Baby_Hitler]
    #1237463 - 01/21/03 03:19 PM (21 years, 2 months ago)

Faith is an illusion.
Thats interesting, I never saw it that really what your putting your faith in is the information about God, and the people who present it.

I retain my faith despite my teacher because I look around me and dont believe that everything created was a result of evolution and the a spontanious big bang (and under the Christian catagory because thats what I was taught since a young age).

Edited by TeKHeAD009 (01/21/03 03:31 PM)

OfflineBaby_Hitler
Errorist
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: To the limit!
Re: Don't believe in God?Shouldn't you have an answer? [Re: MarkostheGnostic]
    #1237465 - 01/21/03 03:19 PM (21 years, 2 months ago)

If only Christianity weren't so poorly represented...

It's not wrong to believe that someone else's beliefs are wrong, but it is foolish to believe someone elses beliefs are foolish.

--------------------
"America: Fuck yeah!" -- Alexthegreat

“Nothing can now be believed which is seen in a newspaper. Truth itself becomes suspicious by being put into that polluted vehicle. The real extent of this state of misinformation is known only to those who are in situations to confront facts within their knowledge with the lies of the day.”  -- Thomas Jefferson

The greatest sin of mankind is ignorance.

The press takes [Trump] literally, but not seriously; his supporters take him seriously, but not literally. --Salena Zeto (9/23/16)

Anonymous

#1238066 - 01/21/03 08:12 PM (21 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Have you not noticed the painfully few individuals at this forum who can say, because they understand, that Christ is the Way to be? Do you not notice that individuals here post under a spirituality & philosophy (oh, yes, and now the secularizing influence of science) forum, and yet have anger and even contempt for things deemed Christian? With such animosity, there can be no genuine spirituality present in such lives under any other tradition. There is instinct and intellection, but little mediating Compassion, despite references to bodhisattvas, swamis, or higher order humans in any other tradition. This, like other similar forums (e.g., Drooldonkey, the Lycaeum, etc.) has attracted haters, the envious, the cynical, the abused, and worst of all, the demonic. Unbelief is not experienced with a humble desire to believe, but with ridicule of believers. Like those who "put out their lips," as the New Testament described the sadistic mockers of Jesus on the way to His crucifixion, there are those who use this forum to express their own tormented selves. There is laughter, and there is laughter, but the laughter of pure joy is absent from the hearts of such dark souls. Martyrdom worked only minimally - masochism doesn't work at all as a change agent. People have to want to change - thus sayeth the therapist  :smile:

True dat!

Anonymous

Fill in the Form please [Re: ]
    #1238114 - 01/21/03 09:03 PM (21 years, 2 months ago)

ATTENTION

I'm looking for a few outstanding individuals to serve in the kingdom of heaven...bla..bla..bla.. please send a money or bank check of the amount of $100 US to banknr. 555777...bla...bla..bla...ad a list of your intrests and hobbies and if you want to be a active member or not...bla...bla...bla...you should get a pass soon... bla...bla... :grin: 

InvisibleWorld Spirit
PNW
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #1238232 - 01/22/03 12:33 AM (21 years, 2 months ago)

Deleted by admin

Anonymous

#1239015 - 01/22/03 07:25 AM (21 years, 2 months ago)

Thank you Enter

InvisibleWorld Spirit
PNW
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Don't believe in God?Shouldn't you have an answer? [Re: ]
    #1239344 - 01/22/03 09:14 AM (21 years, 2 months ago)

Deleted by admin

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order