Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | Next >  [ show all ]
InvisibleIcelander
The Minstrel in the Gallery
Male

Loc: underbelly
Journey to Xtlan * 2
    #12377291 - 04/12/10 10:35 AM (13 years, 11 months ago)

Journey to Xtlan is a metaphorical tale of a man who awakens to the reality of his programming. That he has been programmed by his culture in the guise of his education, his family and his friends. At the moment of fully grokking this he finds himself elated and inhabiting a "new world" in a new surroundings and experience. As he heads home none of the landmarks seem quite right, everything is there but not in the right place. Nothing feels the same. The people he encounters attempt to help him make sense of everything and get back to home but he finds himself at odds and uncomfortable with them and suspicious of their motives. He comes to the realization that they are completely unaware of what he now knows and so they find him also threatening. He can no longer connect. He no longer has a place in their world. He is alone but still must live among them. Unless he encounters other "sorcerers" who are aware of their programs he will now be totally alone. This creates a great longing in him for a home and he beings his journey back home knowing now, full well, he will never get there. His Journey to Xtlan.

I find this one of the most powerful stories I have ever come across.

--------------------
"Don't believe everything you think". -Anom.

" All that lives was born to die"-Anom.

With much wisdom comes much sorrow,
The more knowledge, the more grief.
Ecclesiastes circa 350 BC

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibledeCypher
 User Gallery

Re: Journey to Xtlan [Re: Icelander]
    #12377305 - 04/12/10 10:38 AM (13 years, 11 months ago)

No.

--------------------
We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars.

InvisibleTropism
ChasingTail

Re: Journey to Xtlan [Re: deCypher]
    #12377444 - 04/12/10 10:58 AM (13 years, 11 months ago)

Yes?

InvisibledeCypher
 User Gallery

Re: Journey to Xtlan [Re: Tropism]
    #12377452 - 04/12/10 10:59 AM (13 years, 11 months ago)

Ice is ignoring me.  :razz:

--------------------

InvisibleTropism
ChasingTail

Re: Journey to Xtlan [Re: deCypher] * 1
    #12377465 - 04/12/10 11:01 AM (13 years, 11 months ago)

Your whole two-letter post? *gasp*
:wink:

InvisibleTropism
ChasingTail

#12377471 - 04/12/10 11:02 AM (13 years, 11 months ago)

This is one of those tales I empathize with quite well, so well it feels natural and I might accidentally project that onto everyone else. When I come to my senses I wonder how many people around me really would connect with his journey.

InvisibleIcelander
Male

#12377489 - 04/12/10 11:05 AM (13 years, 11 months ago)

I've met three people who I really feel grok this. Many may suspect it or intellectualize it as a concept but few imo grok it to the point that it effects their core experience.

--------------------

InvisibleTropism
ChasingTail

#12377552 - 04/12/10 11:15 AM (13 years, 11 months ago)

Sorcerers, as it were. Do you find in your own eye that you feel a sorcerer?

InvisibleIcelander
Male

#12377577 - 04/12/10 11:19 AM (13 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Mr. Cypher said:
Ice is ignoring me.  :razz:

No I don't. That was just a term in the book. What I feel is out of touch with my fellow humans. I no longer am engaged by them. They are phantoms to me.

--------------------

InvisibledeCypher
 User Gallery

#12377583 - 04/12/10 11:20 AM (13 years, 11 months ago)

Sup Ice.  :lol:

I'll try to reduce my Poidishness.

--------------------

InvisibleTropism
ChasingTail

#12377602 - 04/12/10 11:24 AM (13 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

No I don't. That was just a term in the book. What I feel is out of touch with my fellow humans. I no longer am engaged by them. They are phantoms to me.

Aye, and I feel one reason this may connect so easily is that individuals may inevitably at one time or another feel outlandish, or an out cast. Disconnected from the herd as it were, but the herd is a group of those who feel this same way.

InvisibleOrgoneConclusion
Blue Fish Group
Male User Gallery

Loc: Under the C
Re: Journey to Xtlan [Re: deCypher] * 1
    #12377615 - 04/12/10 11:28 AM (13 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

I'll try to reduce my Poidishness.

Can a zebra change its spots?

--------------------

InvisibledeCypher
 User Gallery

Re: Journey to Xtlan [Re: OrgoneConclusion] * 1
    #12377619 - 04/12/10 11:28 AM (13 years, 11 months ago)

Can an invisible leopard maul unsuspecting bystanders?

--------------------

InvisibleIcelander
Male

Re: Journey to Xtlan [Re: Tropism] * 1
    #12377684 - 04/12/10 11:39 AM (13 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Tropism said:
Quote:

Aye, and I feel one reason this may connect so easily is that individuals may inevitably at one time or another feel outlandish, or an out cast. Disconnected from the herd as it were, but the herd is a group of those who feel this same way.

I really don't think we're talking about the same thing.

--------------------

Blue Fish Group
Male User Gallery

Re: Journey to Xtlan [Re: Icelander] * 1
    #12377755 - 04/12/10 11:53 AM (13 years, 11 months ago)

What we have heah, is a failya to commoonicate.

--------------------

InvisibleTropism
ChasingTail

#12377758 - 04/12/10 11:53 AM (13 years, 11 months ago)

Last post was disconnected, I was mulling over how this tale in particular can be empathized with very easily even though most would not have experienced grokking the understanding in full. Like myself, for I can connect quite well with the tale of this man and yet I know to think I have such understanding would be the foolishness of youth. Yet still like others there is a connection in this story, and I feel that the story in particular (being the fiction it is) connects to the larger audience so well due to that feeling of individual outlandishness that falls upon most at some point or other. Speculation, I guess.

As for the understanding itself, well I don't have too much to say for it, it's something I've sensed and maybe tasted a little, but I'm well aware of this leering wall of programming I'm yet to carve into. Still complacent being pulled around through the maze.

off to work.

InvisibleIcelander
Male

#12377802 - 04/12/10 12:01 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

:thumbup: Always more to everything.

--------------------

OfflineLSDXM
What Doth Life?
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Loc: The 518
    #12378902 - 04/12/10 03:08 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

So what's the point of this post? That you feel alienated and alone?
:frown: That sucks man.

I've spent pretty much my whole life trying to understand why no one around me actually seemed to know why they act the way they do, watching everyone repeat basic functions and even playing out copies of personal experiences based on what they saw on tv or wherever else; Always made me feel misanthropic, and unfortunately most of my younger years were completely absorbed in this terrible feeling that everyone around me was reciting pre-recorded nonsense.

But then I realized I was doing the same thing, even though I told myself different.

Since then I've made friends with many people who've been through the exact same experience you described (it's really not very uncommon, at all. Like, at all)
They're still really just self absorbed douche bags who like certain ideas, and repeat those ideas like parrots just like you and I do.
They do this just as much as those who never realize they're "programmed".

You're doing it now. This thread is a contradiction in itself. In a thread about being programmed by culture and only allowed to experience a small band of "safe" and ignorant paths, your way of approaching this topic is through a well told (and re-told) fable.
You could have just told us that you feel this way, rather than mentioning that there's a story about this that sums it up for you so you don't actually have to say it. I'm sure you'll see this as flippant because I would too if some hatin' ass nigga came in my thread and told me I was being a hypocrite, but that's cool. That's still the way it is. You're still repeating pre-programmed processes just like you were before and just like you saw everyone else doing.

And I dunno about you, obviously, but when I was into Jim Morrison enough to quote him in my forum signatures, I was trying really hard to fit myself into his experience because I felt that the way he portrayed it was the way I wanted to when I could have just expressed those feelings for myself.
We (Humans) do it because it feels really really good to have some one to relate to. But Jim Morrison was just as much of a drone as everyone else in the world. He didn't say anything you could've have or wouldn't have said yourself given the opportunity.
Matter of fact I'm willing to bet you thought up the "Clown who blows it at the most important moments" thing before you heard him say it. I know I did...
We choose to follow something pre-made, pre-thought. It feels good, makes us feel less alone. But it also categorizes us and allows us to be separated into easily manageable types.

I guess my point is that you may feel less programmed than others, and that the pain of living with those that are still under the spell is unbearable and lonely, but you should rest assured that no matter what you do or think, you're still well within the safety net of basic pre-designed human experiences. Hell, even Jesus shares the same story as what you just described. So does Marilyn Manson. So does Charles Manson.

Don't feel so alone. You can come hang out with all the rest of us that trick ourselves into thinking we've broken out of the system.
Then we can come up with our own styles and stories and such, and our kids can be just like us!

But seriously though, on a more positive note, there really is a LOT of people out there who feel just like you (even if you won't admit it because 'only a few REALLY grok this'). Let the elitism go and understand that you're not the only one who thinks really deeply to himself when he's alone and is able to (seemingly) temporarily escape cultural programming. Then you'll actually be able to hang out with other people with out looking at them like Monkeys on Replay (sometimes). As long as you know you're doing the same thing to them, it's all good.
and I assure you, you are. You do it all over this forum just like everyone else.

--------------------

The number of times I edit my post is directly related to the number of times I've hit the bong :bonghit2:

InvisibledeCypher
 User Gallery

Re: Journey to Xtlan [Re: LSDXM]
    #12378906 - 04/12/10 03:09 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

Monkeys on Replay, LOL.

--------------------

Blue Fish Group
Male User Gallery

#12378938 - 04/12/10 03:13 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

I went Xtlan and all I got was a t-shirt.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale