Home | Community | Message Board

Out-Grow.com - Mushroom Growing Kits & Supplies
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   OlympusMyco.com Olympus Myco Sterilized Grain Bag for Spawn   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
OfflineAdamist
ℚṲℰϟ✞ЇѺℵ ℛ∃Åʟḯ†У
Male User Gallery

Loc: Bloomington, IN
Re: Why I think astrology is somewhat valid [Re: RebelSteve33]
    #1240588 - 01/22/03 04:20 PM (21 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

I can't see your reasoning. There are no reflections or dreams involved.

As moving pictures are sustained by a beam of light coming from the projection booth of a movie theater, so are all of us sustained by the Cosmic Beam, the Divine Light pouring from the projection booth of Eternity.

Quote:

the sun is not the only source of energy in the solar system.

But isn't it the main source of gravity? As far as I can tell, a star must exist for life to exist.

Quote:

There are also ecosystems, although not amazingly diverse, that occur inside of caves where, again, no sunlight is to be found.

You don't have to be in the sunlight to feel the effects of the sun.

Quote:

If astrology is valid, do the stars and planets affect plants and animals, too? Or only humans?

In my opinion, yes.

--------------------
:heartpump: { { { ṧ◎ηḯ¢ αʟ¢ℌ℮мƴ } } } :heartpump:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlineandrash
The Oceanminder

Loc: Rome, Italy
Re: Why I think astrology is somewhat valid [Re: Adamist]
    #1241330 - 01/22/03 09:36 PM (21 years, 4 months ago)

I can tell you my personal experience...

Some time ago I met a guy (a friend of a friend of mine), who said to be an astrologist belonging to a secret order with a weird name... he also told me a lot of very unbelievable things about this order... you could have thought he was teasing me!
I was always interested in astrology made in a scientific way, so I asked him to read my birth chart. He then spent some time in doing research on it, and then told me all he knew about my life... it was amazing!
He spent a whole afternoon telling me all the main line of my existence... and most of them were true...
He told me that astrology is not made to predict future, but just to give the main line of an existence... the stars can tell you if you have an artistic skill, but it's up to you to recognize it and use it in your life... you could spend all your life doing things that don't fit with your personality, but that's not meaning that astrology is a fake. Obviously I'm talking about a very deep knowledge of astrology... not the one you can find on newspapers... that's shit!
There has been also another thing that chill me up... this guy gave a quick reading to my hands... he was not a very skilled hand-reader, but he told me that I will meet a girl, but after a couple of months the story would end, and then after some other months, I will meet the woman of my life. It was unbelievable at that time... but now I can tell you that things went exactly this way... it's 2 years that I'm in love with this girl, and we manage to spent our life together... isn'it crazy?

He also read the birth chart of two other friends of mine (that weren't there at the moment, and he didn't know them at all) and he said me things that only I could have known about them... really amazing!

I don't think all of astrology is made in a scientific way... but if you find a real astrologist (that never does it for money) than he can tell you something to help you understanding your life.

I also think that great amount of mass in the universe have a spiritual power on other spiritual beings... matter and spirit are linked together... so as the gravity theory says that matter attracts with a specifical relation, also spirit can be influenced but changes in the spiritual mass around it.

He also explained me why is more important the date of birth than the date of conception, because when you are born, you are outside the womb that protects you by the cosmic influences, and the spiritual power of the universe in that particular instant leaves on you a specifical imprint. It's like a film hit by lights...

We are spiritual pictures of the universe...

Peace,

Andrash

--------------------
--- Who am I, where is me, when I' am away from myself? --- F. Battiato

OfflineAdamist
ℚṲℰϟ✞ЇѺℵ ℛ∃Åʟḯ†У
Male User Gallery

Re: Why I think astrology is somewhat valid [Re: andrash]
    #1241702 - 01/23/03 03:29 AM (21 years, 4 months ago)

Awesome post. :smile: 

--------------------

Anonymous

Re: Why I think astrology is somewhat valid [Re: RebelSteve33]
    #1242211 - 01/23/03 06:47 AM (21 years, 4 months ago)

Hmmm, so many failed studies... yet, I'm able to tell a person's sun sign within 10 minutes of meeting them. Most people are so taken aback by this they think I'm some kind of psychic. It's all pretty obvious to me, though. There are exceptions, of course, as with anything, where nurture plays a bigger role than nature in shaping a person's personality. Other factors include moon and ascending signs, as well as the Jungian personality archetypes which can be ascribed to genetics rather than time of birth. Therefore any experiment attempting to link personality to only a single contributing factor will undoubtedly fail.

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Loc: In the hen house
Re: Why I think astrology is somewhat valid [Re: ]
    #1242690 - 01/23/03 10:29 AM (21 years, 4 months ago)

I'm able to tell a person's sun sign within 10 minutes of meeting them

I will make a public wager, with the funds and a copy of my birth certificate to be held by Mr. Mushrooms, in most any amount that you wish. I have made some 4000 posts, so my Zodiak persona should be quite evident by now.

Naturally, you will give several "valid" reasons why you will duck this challenge.

--------------------

The proof is in the pudding.

OfflineAdamist
ℚṲℰϟ✞ЇѺℵ ℛ∃Åʟḯ†У
Male User Gallery

Re: Why I think astrology is somewhat valid [Re: Swami]
    #1242717 - 01/23/03 10:38 AM (21 years, 4 months ago)

Online personality does not = offline personality.

--------------------

InvisibleFreakQlibrium
Son of Uncle Meat
Male User Gallery

Loc: Toronto Canada
    #1242719 - 01/23/03 10:38 AM (21 years, 4 months ago)

Forget about your Zodiac "personae"......Still waiting on that somewhat more earthly pic with you as a predated hippie here Swami :grin: 

--------------------
"Being crazier than a shithouse rat is not sufficient grounds for banishment"

Anonymous

#1242739 - 01/23/03 10:45 AM (21 years, 4 months ago)

Adamist is right, it's impossible to tell a zodiac sign online because people often don't act the same online as they would in real life. Also, appearance and body language and the way a person conveys themself in person are all things that need to be seen to make any guess.

Naturally, you will give several "valid" reasons why you will duck this challenge.
Wow you are truly psychic!  :shocked: 

InvisibleSmack31
Stranger

#1242773 - 01/23/03 10:54 AM (21 years, 4 months ago)

There are a few signs that I know really well, and generally when I meet people from those signs I can figure out what they are. I actually started dating a girl this way... I wasn't trying to pick her up or anything. We were standing outside of a "class" that we were taking together, and I just out of the blue said "You're a Scorpio, right?" Within 2 minutes she had her shoe and sock off showing me her scorpio tattoo :cool: then her friend showed up and we all talked for a while and then they wanted me to guess the friend's sign. So I took what I had gotten off of her just previously, and then checked it against the scorpio, and guessed her right on as a Taurus.

There were other times like that with different people, but that was the only time I ended up getting laid because of it :wink:  :grin: I'm pretty good at picking Libras out too... I've had two long relationships, both with Libras, and my step brother is a Libra. Subtle clues... but they are usually there.

OfflineAdamist
ℚṲℰϟ✞ЇѺℵ ℛ∃Åʟḯ†У
Male User Gallery

Re: Why I think astrology is somewhat valid [Re: Smack31]
    #1242807 - 01/23/03 11:08 AM (21 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

There are a few signs that I know really well, and generally when I meet people from those signs I can figure out what they are.

Same here. I am pretty accurate with fellow air signs- Gemini, Libra, and Aquarius, I suppose because of our like-mindedness. :wink: 

--------------------

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Loc: In the hen house
Re: Why I think astrology is somewhat valid [Re: ]
    #1242890 - 01/23/03 11:35 AM (21 years, 4 months ago)

Adamist is right, it's impossible to tell a zodiac sign...
I agree, which is my point.

...online because people often don't act the same online as they would in real life.
This is real life only the medium is printed instead of verbal.

Forensic psychologists would strongly disagree that you cannot discern key elements about a person through his writings, but then that is somewhat more scientific than astrology.

Nice, but predictable dodge though.

--------------------

The proof is in the pudding.

OfflineStrumpling
Neuronaut
Loc: Hyperspace
    #1242927 - 01/23/03 11:45 AM (21 years, 4 months ago)

heheh, "somewhat"

--------------------
Insert an "I think" mentally in front of eveything I say that seems sketchy, because I certainly don't KNOW much. Also; feel free to yell at me.
In addition: SHPONGLE

OfflineRemy
Bitches Brew
 User Gallery

Loc: Atlanta, GA
    #1243082 - 01/23/03 12:33 PM (21 years, 4 months ago)

Although logic tells me astrology came out of my pet cow's ass, experience tells me otherwise. When I read my natal chart, it predicted my personality very accurately. It pointed out key facts about how I conduct relationships, my artistic interests, and many other factors in my life/lifestyle. It was, however, of very little use to me, because most of the stuff it pointed out, I already knew. It was, never the less, quite interesting.

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   OlympusMyco.com Olympus Myco Sterilized Grain Bag for Spawn   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies