Home | Community | Message Board

SoulSpeciosa Kratom
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: Perlite

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
InvisibleEdame
gone

Loc: outta here
Newbie - Grow-kit - started to pin
    #1236268 - 01/21/03 11:01 AM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Hi,
I posted in the contam forum last week regarding my grow-kit and a possible contam (now cleared up).  Since then I've definitely started to see pins!!  I would take a picture but my digi-cam doesn't have a macro mode and close-ups are awful.

I just wanted to ask for some quick advice.  The tray that the mycelium arrived in is transparent.  I have noticed that it has also started to pin at the sides of the tray behind the plastic.
Should I take the tray off now, to allow the shrooms to grow from all sides?  Will this have any possible adverse effects?  This would effectively make it a cake now rather than a casing right?
I would imagine that if I keep the tray on, that the pins at the side will abort and possibly rot?
Any advice would be much appreciated :smile:

Here are some previous pics of my setup:

--------------------
The above is an extract from my fictional novel, "The random postings of Edame".
:tongue:

In the beginning was the word. And man could not handle the word, and the hearing of the word, and he asked God to take away his ears so that he might live in peace without having to hear words which might upset his equinamity or corrupt the unblemished purity of his conscience.

And God, hearing this desperate plea from His creation, wrinkled His mighty brow for a moment and then leaned down toward man, beckoning that he should come close so as to hear all that was about to be revealed to him.

"Fuck you," He whispered, and frowned upon the pathetic supplicant before retreating to His heavens.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinevatoloco
Puppet Hunter -DBK
Post deleted by MOE THE MAD SCIENTIST [Re: Edame]
    #1236290 - 01/21/03 11:09 AM (13 years, 10 months ago)

InvisibleSixCee
keep rolling
Male

Loc: US, Chicago
Re: Newbie - Grow-kit - started to pin [Re: vatoloco]
    #1236301 - 01/21/03 11:13 AM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Yeah lol just flip that thing over and take out that brick. Fruit it like that.

--------------------
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
-->The above statements may or not be true.
->Quote of the Moment :
"Yea. All bitches are whores who love sex." -Cubie
----> PMs checked daily.

InvisibleEdame
gone

Loc: outta here
Re: Newbie - Grow-kit - started to pin [Re: SixCee]
    #1236339 - 01/21/03 11:27 AM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Thanks for the speedy replies.  Great idea about wrapping it in tin-foil next time around :smile:

I'm sterilising a small glass tray now, just so the bottom of the 'cake' won't be touching the perlite on the bottom, as I think the tray already has a bottom casing layer of perlite anyway.

I'll take some pics when the mushies are bigger....this is quite exciting! :laugh: 

--------------------
The above is an extract from my fictional novel, "The random postings of Edame".
:tongue:

In the beginning was the word. And man could not handle the word, and the hearing of the word, and he asked God to take away his ears so that he might live in peace without having to hear words which might upset his equinamity or corrupt the unblemished purity of his conscience.

And God, hearing this desperate plea from His creation, wrinkled His mighty brow for a moment and then leaned down toward man, beckoning that he should come close so as to hear all that was about to be revealed to him.

"Fuck you," He whispered, and frowned upon the pathetic supplicant before retreating to His heavens.

OfflineFuman
Tao of Shrooms

Loc: Further
Re: Newbie - Grow-kit - started to pin [Re: Edame]
    #1236376 - 01/21/03 11:39 AM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Congrats on the first pins. It won't be long now.
I had the same problem and did as everyone has suggested. I took it out of the container and fruited as a big block. I kept mine right side up because of the casing layer and let it fruit. After the first flush I dunked it and put it back in the container (this time with black tape on the bottom). It worked well. The 2nd and third flushes were light, but they did come.

--------------------
No, I do not think I am above the law. There are times; inspired and enraptured that I feel I am BEYOND the law.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: Perlite

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation