Home | Community | Message Board

NorthSpore.com BOOMR Bag!
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
InvisibleveggieM

[KY] Woman sentenced for selling mushrooms
    #12355896 - 04/08/10 02:28 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

Woman sentenced for selling mushrooms
April 8, 2010 - Associated Press

PADUCAH, KY (AP) - A western Kentucky judge sentenced a woman involved in the sale of hallucinogenic mushrooms implicated in a deadly break-in to more than two years in jail.

The Paducah Sun reports McCracken Circuit Judge Craig Clymer sentenced Shaina Skinner on Monday to 2-1/2 years for trafficking in a controlled substance.

Skinner was the second person sentenced in the mushroom case. In December, Clymber sentenced 20-year-old Taylor Thompson to prison time after he pleaded guilty to trafficking in a controlled substance and other charges.

Thompson had told police he brought mushrooms to a party in 2009, ate some himself and gave some to other people.

One of those was 18-year-old Caleb Barnett, who later broke into a neighbor's home, thinking it was his own. The homeowner fatally shot him.

* Related thread

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinewhitelight7
Sr.
Male User Gallery

Loc: Washington Flag
Re: [KY] Woman sentenced for selling mushrooms [Re: veggie]
    #12356433 - 04/08/10 04:34 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

Cut your dreads before court in the south.:rasta:

--------------------
Staunch supporter of spontaneous generation:cheers:

OfflineHumility
Working on it
 User Gallery

Re: [KY] Woman sentenced for selling mushrooms [Re: whitelight7]
    #12356481 - 04/08/10 04:43 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

Court is a terrible reason to "cut your dreads"

--------------------

OfflineAlan RockefellerM
Mycologist
Male User Gallery

Re: [KY] Woman sentenced for selling mushrooms [Re: Humility]
    #12356699 - 04/08/10 05:16 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Court is a terrible reason to "cut your dreads"

Why?  Do you think she likes prison?

Offlinewhitelight7
Sr.
Male User Gallery

Re: [KY] Woman sentenced for selling mushrooms [Re: Alan Rockefeller]
    #12356719 - 04/08/10 05:19 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

I have dreads and had em for a looooong time but if I had a court date over something like this, they'ed be gone instantly. 

Actually I have a court date this upcoming Monday, but it's for crap so they're staying.:grin:

--------------------

InvisibleLobsterSauceDiscord
 User Gallery

#12356805 - 04/08/10 05:35 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

Dreadlocks will not affect the outcome of the case when there are facts and mandatory sentences for these things.

--------------------

Offlinewhitelight7
Sr.
Male User Gallery

Re: [KY] Woman sentenced for selling mushrooms [Re: LobsterSauce]
    #12356832 - 04/08/10 05:41 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

That may be true in a case like this, but I still wouldn't chance it.

On a side note, why don't the boozzy booze comp.s get sentenced when some drunk dude does this crap.

--------------------

User Gallery

#12356872 - 04/08/10 05:47 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

Alcohol is deep rooted in society and has a long standing tradition.:rolleyes:

People are stupid.

--------------------

OfflineSalCato
pyrAmid
Male

Loc: South Side Chicago
Re: [KY] Woman sentenced for selling mushrooms [Re: LobsterSauce]
    #12357103 - 04/08/10 06:27 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

What makes it worse, is this broad is gorgeous. Did you's check that chick out?? I'll be waiting for you when you get out baby!! LoL

Offlinewhitelight7
Sr.
Male User Gallery

Re: [KY] Woman sentenced for selling mushrooms [Re: SalCato]
    #12357168 - 04/08/10 06:37 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

not to critique cuz I'm no doll myself, but she's got a bit of one of those porcelain doll faces that look weird.

--------------------

Offlinexxxfrekboyx
Booyah!
 User Gallery

Loc: never never land
    #12358550 - 04/08/10 10:03 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

oh my, she is gonna have a lot of girlfriends in prison. :smile:

OfflineHumility
Working on it
 User Gallery

Re: [KY] Woman sentenced for selling mushrooms [Re: Alan Rockefeller]
    #12359968 - 04/09/10 03:10 AM (13 years, 11 months ago)

As Jimtown stated, whether you have dreadlocks or not will affect your case in only the most superficial of ways, especially if you're being accused of some drug crime.

Locks can take a very long time to grow, 1-5 years sometimes.  A lot of people see their locks as an extension of themselves and the way they live their lives, it's not just a "counter-culture hairstyle".  It's closer to nature, closer to the archaic.

On another note, if I knew someone with dreadlocks who shaved their head because of court, I probably couldn't be around that person as much as I once was.  It's hard to explain, but it's very similar to spiritual and personal betrayal.  Giving up a part of one's self in order to be "treated a little softer".

Hearing someone so ready to chop off their hair makes me question why they started the process to begin with.  It's important to understand, Alan and Whitelight, that while for many locks are a part of their current lifestyle and reflect who they are RIGHT NOW, there are still many more who have made the decision (some at very young ages) to not cut their hair again for the rest of their lives (until that changes), for a number of reasons.

The only way my hair is leaving my head is if someone abducts me and tries to hurt me by doing so, a la~ 1984.  This is how I was born and I'm quite proud to look as I do.

--------------------

Offlinesmaerd
 User Gallery

Re: [KY] Woman sentenced for selling mushrooms [Re: veggie]
    #12360985 - 04/09/10 09:55 AM (13 years, 11 months ago)

Wow good job pigs, you got a seriously huge threat off the streets! Now that 20 year old instead of working a minimum wage job and pursuing higher education will be locked into a cement and steel cage paid for by our tax dollars for two years.

Thank god that girl isn't still out there. How would anyone in her town sleep at night?

:minigun::cop:

Offlinewhitelight7
Sr.
Male User Gallery

Re: [KY] Woman sentenced for selling mushrooms [Re: Humility]
    #12361017 - 04/09/10 10:02 AM (13 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Humility said:
As Jimtown stated, whether you have dreadlocks or not will affect your case in only the most superficial of ways, especially if you're being accused of some drug crime.

Locks can take a very long time to grow, 1-5 years sometimes.  A lot of people see their locks as an extension of themselves and the way they live their lives, it's not just a "counter-culture hairstyle".  It's closer to nature, closer to the archaic.

On another note, if I knew someone with dreadlocks who shaved their head because of court, I probably couldn't be around that person as much as I once was.  It's hard to explain, but it's very similar to spiritual and personal betrayal.  Giving up a part of one's self in order to be "treated a little softer".

Hearing someone so ready to chop off their hair makes me question why they started the process to begin with.  It's important to understand, Alan and Whitelight, that while for many locks are a part of their current lifestyle and reflect who they are RIGHT NOW, there are still many more who have made the decision (some at very young ages) to not cut their hair again for the rest of their lives (until that changes), for a number of reasons.

The only way my hair is leaving my head is if someone abducts me and tries to hurt me by doing so, a la~ 1984.  This is how I was born and I'm quite proud to look as I do.

Bahh, you hippy.  It's not like we're Samsonites who cannot cut their hair.:rofl:  It's OK though I understand where ur comin from- to each their own.  I hope, however, you wouldn't judge on just a decision about a hair style;pretty superficial for a hippy.

--------------------

User Gallery

#12361033 - 04/09/10 10:05 AM (13 years, 11 months ago)

Whatever someones motives for growing their hair in whatever hairstyle,I just think it would be ridiculous to cut it thinking it would affect the outcome of a court case like that.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies