Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinezer0vega
stealing happyhours

Loc: In a van down by the rive...
B+ Growth
    #1235020 - 01/20/03 06:55 PM (21 years, 2 months ago)

i've done my best to research this topic beforehand
about 10 days ago i started to PF tek jars and followed the tek closely, they were steam sterilized very well, and then inoculated with a B+ spore syringe from sporeworks.com, since then they've been in my rubbermaid incubator at about 84 F.

after a few days, they showed signs of growth, and over the next few days showed steady colonization, but in the past couple days i've noticed that the growth has slowed extremely, or has stopped all together, some of the growths(from inoc. points) are about the size of a quarter and display a very slight tan hue, others are whiter and about a half dollar size.. i've also noticed condensation on the sides of the jar.
My questions are, should growth happen in spurts? or should it be steady? and would it seem my jars have a problem? ( i will, of course, give it more time) it would seem that since conditions are fixed, growth should happen at a very steady rate..

also, (i've searched for this as well, but with mediocre results) to save posting another topic, what do you recommend to remedy stalled jars? i know of trying to inject sterile water in the case of dehydrated cakes.. but what are some other possibiliteis?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleRoadkillM
Retired Shroomery Mod
Male User Gallery

Loc: Montana
Trusted Cultivator
Re: B+ Growth [Re: zer0vega]
    #1235062 - 01/20/03 07:24 PM (21 years, 2 months ago)

loosen the jar lid and pull the tape off the inoculation holes.
then watch them for a few days and see if they pick back up.

if not you might have a bacterial contam.

--------------------
Laterz, Road

Who the hell you callin crazy?
You wouldn't know what crazy was if Charles Manson was eating froot loops on your front porch!

Brainiac said:
PM the names with on there names, that means they have mushrooms for sale.

Offlinezer0vega
stealing happyhours

Re: B+ Growth [Re: Roadkill]
    #1235072 - 01/20/03 07:29 PM (21 years, 2 months ago)

they've got foil lids, wich are fairly loose

InvisibleMagash
Da Bud Guru
 User Gallery

Loc: Near Hilo
Trusted Cultivator
    #1235176 - 01/20/03 09:26 PM (21 years, 2 months ago)

They may have dried a little.

--------------------
All creatures tremble when faced with violence. All creatures fear death, all love life. If we can only see ourselves in others, then how could we possibly hurt another creature?

:growingweed: Join us at the Growery! :growingweed:

Offlinezer0vega
stealing happyhours

Re: B+ Growth [Re: Magash]
    #1240446 - 01/22/03 03:23 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

bump, well they're still growing, but very slowly... think it's just the strain? what things, other than temperature, can i do to help them?

InvisibleSixCee
keep rolling
Male

Loc: US, Chicago
    #1240448 - 01/22/03 03:24 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

Flip them upside down.

--------------------
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
-->The above statements may or not be true.
->Quote of the Moment :
"Yea. All bitches are whores who love sex." -Cubie
----> PMs checked daily.

Invisiblez@z.com
Libertarian
Loc: ATL
    #1240454 - 01/22/03 03:27 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

I have found that B+ colonizes PF jars very slowly, but colonizes birdseed very quickly.

--------------------
"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." - C.S. Lewis

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniencies attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract