Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinebabydoll
trippy bitch
Female

Loc: pennsylvania
shrooms vs. acid
    #12341245 - 04/06/10 10:09 AM (14 years, 14 days ago)

i haven't tripped on acid but i have shrooms. what's the difference with the trips?

--------------------
death makes angels of us all and gives us wings where we had shoulders, smooth as raven's claws

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineMushroom25
Stranger

Re: shrooms vs. acid [Re: babydoll]
    #12341262 - 04/06/10 10:13 AM (14 years, 14 days ago)

Not another one of these Shrooms vs Acid threads.

You the search engine there s TONNNNNNNES of threads just like this

Offlinebabydoll
trippy bitch
Female

Re: shrooms vs. acid [Re: Mushroom25]
    #12341271 - 04/06/10 10:15 AM (14 years, 14 days ago)

if you're just going to bitch don't bother poasting.

--------------------
death makes angels of us all and gives us wings where we had shoulders, smooth as raven's claws

OfflineMushroom25
Stranger

#12341280 - 04/06/10 10:17 AM (14 years, 14 days ago)

Seriously type shrooms vs. acid in right here
http://www.shroomery.org/forums/search.php

OfflineAvid
 User Gallery

Loc: Flag
    #12341283 - 04/06/10 10:18 AM (14 years, 14 days ago)

--------------------
i get hard when i paint.
-waka flocka flame

Offlinebabydoll
trippy bitch
Female

Re: shrooms vs. acid [Re: Avid]
    #12341288 - 04/06/10 10:19 AM (14 years, 14 days ago)

i wanted to hear people's opinions.

--------------------

OfflineMushroom25
Stranger

#12341301 - 04/06/10 10:21 AM (14 years, 14 days ago)

Offlinekaleidoscopic
Happy Cycling
Male

#12341375 - 04/06/10 10:42 AM (14 years, 14 days ago)

Every experience seems to be different for me. I prefer acid over shrooms usually but it's all very subjective in nature. Also before everyone else says it: "Every chemical effects every person differently."

My suggestion is to try each by themselves and find out for yourself. After all, words never do these substances justice.

--------------------
Music I create

OfflineGrimmy101
Male

Re: shrooms vs. acid [Re: kaleidoscopic]
    #12341390 - 04/06/10 10:47 AM (14 years, 14 days ago)

Edited by Grimmy101 (05/14/14 09:40 PM)

OfflineDrchemist
Prying open my third-eye.

Loc: Ottoman Empire Flag
Re: shrooms vs. acid [Re: Grimmy101]
    #12341402 - 04/06/10 10:50 AM (14 years, 14 days ago)

Quote:

Grimmy101 said:
Well I believe the general thing you'll find in those threads is that people seem to agree that LSD is slightly easier to control and not as unpredictable as mushrooms are.

The analogy which I see pretty frequently is that LSD is like being in the driver's seat while mushrooms is like you're a passenger.

/agree with this response.

but truly no words can do both experiences justice. If you've done shrooms, then you shouldn't be nervous about doing acid.

--------------------

Offlinebabydoll
trippy bitch
Female

Re: shrooms vs. acid [Re: Drchemist]
    #12341412 - 04/06/10 10:54 AM (14 years, 14 days ago)

i really would love to do acid but it's nearly impossible to get around my area. i was told you see more things while on acid? is it a completely different trip?

--------------------

Offlinekaleidoscopic
Happy Cycling
Male

#12341446 - 04/06/10 11:00 AM (14 years, 14 days ago)

Quote:

babydoll said:
i really would love to do acid but it's nearly impossible to get around my area. i was told you see more things while on acid? is it a completely different trip?

I always seem to feel a little more relaxed on acid and the visuals are somewhat different from shrooms. Shrooms can just feel so alien at times, of course this depends on setting.

--------------------
Music I create

Offlinebabydoll
trippy bitch
Female

Re: shrooms vs. acid [Re: kaleidoscopic]
    #12341458 - 04/06/10 11:02 AM (14 years, 14 days ago)

i had a really great time on shrooms. i'm just curious if acid would be just as positive. i heard acid was really intense though?

--------------------

OfflineLysergic_Milkman
Dr. Fist
Male

Loc: ATL
Re: shrooms vs. acid [Re: Grimmy101]
    #12341506 - 04/06/10 11:12 AM (14 years, 14 days ago)

DISCLAIMER: I'm  :bigjoint: right now

Quote:

babydoll said:

Objectively, no, but by all means treat it as it's own complete entity. Just like with shrooms, you will know what it's like after you do it.
Go into it with an open mind like you would with shrooms, but expect something different.

Quote:

Grimmy101 said:
...The analogy which I see pretty frequently is that LSD is like being in the driver's seat while mushrooms is like you're a passenger.

This is true of the visuals as well. LSD will seem more visual because the visuals flow with your train of thought and become more pronounced that way. With shrooms they just kinda happen as the gods see fit--minimal control over shroom visuals only comes after a lot of practice.
Love the analogy, btw.

Offlinebabydoll
trippy bitch
Female

Re: shrooms vs. acid [Re: Lysergic_Milkman]
    #12341619 - 04/06/10 11:31 AM (14 years, 14 days ago)

thanks guys

--------------------

OfflineAntiEverything
im not a doctor
Male

#12341782 - 04/06/10 12:01 PM (14 years, 14 days ago)

when i first started tripping i thought they were very similar or at least fairly similar. after doing both of them a bunch of times i've realize they are WAY different, body buzz is different, visuals are way different, mind trip is way different, its all together a different experience. its still a psychedelic though. you can't really describe it you just have to experience it. LSD feels more chemical and definately lasts a LOT longer and feels like it changes your body/mind chemically. mushrooms feels like a much more natural change, and the come down is much quicker and you essentially feel back to normal after a while. you cant say "oh you enjoy shrooms, you will definately enjoy acid!" they are waaay different drugs. LSD speeds you up, almost feels like some sort of amphetamine! shrooms as a body buzz totally feels the opposite, its lethargic, lazy, hazy, and much more pronounced, the body buzz is crazy! you feel it in waves and it just hits you....wham. 
on acid is much more synthy and feels speedy almost....clean feeling...the trip builds to a crescendo...you have moments of extreme lucidity throughout, other times confusing, depends on if you fight the feelings or not. mushrooms you seem to rock back and forth from sanity/insanty lucidity/dream-like, it is constantly changing/fluctuating. nothing to really control, just depends on if you go with it or not. fighting the feelings on shrooms is basically the worst thing you can do, it will feel like hell. acid speeds you up so much that you don't even notice you are going with it, you just go! zoom.

the distortions on LSD are more reflective of what you are doing/what you are looking at, and you definately travel into the experience, its pretty predictable as it starts to flow, then when you peak it does the exact opposite of what you thought it was. total headfuck. everything is trailing off, vibrating, flying around, "kaliedascope eyes" at this point if you try to make sense of any of it you fly into an insane head trip, the other way about it is just to except it and go with it, its much easier to cope with that way. it just happens, there is no way to avoid it.

with shrooms it steals your psyhe, like you are possessed or something. at high doses, no matter how experienced you are, it can always throw you something you dont expect and bam you are totally backwards and spun, cant talk for hours. rebirth ensues.

with acid more or less you learn to be able to withstand more and more and more as you age or something, idk it has less of a "twinkle" to the visual over time and you REALLY start to notice the synthetic "acid residual" like effects....

you really just gotta do it tho.

(edit: i also must emphasize that you can't really explain or describe the experience, you just have to do it. thats really the endpoint of psychedelic discussion, just DO IT. you do it, you understand it, its amazing...thats really all there is to need to know)

--------------------
You are at once
both
the quiet
and
the confusion
of my heart.
-Franz Kafka

Edited by AntiEverything (04/06/10 12:05 PM)

InvisibleTTT
Cultivate the inside
 User Gallery

Re: shrooms vs. acid [Re: AntiEverything]
    #12341905 - 04/06/10 12:19 PM (14 years, 14 days ago)

Mushroom visuals have always been more organic looking with many flowing tribal patterns, eyes, jungle vines, and earthy colors. LSD visuals to me are always flowing geometric rainbow paisleys and rivers of changing color. The colors are much brighter and can be very intense but in their own way.

However, for me personally, mushrooms are MUCH more intense of a hallucinogen. They mind fuck me in ways acid never has and the visuals off 2.5gs of mushrooms are much more intense than any high dose of acid I've taken. Mushrooms also impact me on a emotional and spiritual level more noticeably than acid has. Thats not say that acid doesn't influence me or that it hasn't helped shape me to become the person I am now. ...Mushrooms just can do it more forcibly.

Dose for yourself and find out. Everyone is different. You may find LSD to be more powerful than mushrooms. It all depends.

OfflineAntiEverything
im not a doctor
Male

Re: shrooms vs. acid [Re: TTT]
    #12342039 - 04/06/10 12:42 PM (14 years, 14 days ago)

Quote:

TTT said:
Mushroom visuals have always been more organic looking with many flowing tribal patterns, eyes, jungle vines, and earthy colors. LSD visuals to me are always flowing geometric rainbow paisleys and rivers of changing color. The colors are much brighter and can be very intense but in their own way.

However, for me personally, mushrooms are MUCH more intense of a hallucinogen. They mind fuck me in ways acid never has and the visuals off 2.5gs of mushrooms are much more intense than any high dose of acid I've taken. Mushrooms also impact me on a emotional and spiritual level more noticeably than acid has. Thats not say that acid doesn't influence me or that it hasn't helped shape me to become the person I am now. ...Mushrooms just can do it more forcibly.

Dose for yourself and find out. Everyone is different. You may find LSD to be more powerful than mushrooms. It all depends.

take more acid IMO

--------------------
You are at once
both
the quiet
and
the confusion
of my heart.
-Franz Kafka

OfflineNymphaea
Money-less Wanderer
Male User Gallery

Loc: Mitten Flag
Re: shrooms vs. acid [Re: AntiEverything]
    #12342353 - 04/06/10 01:27 PM (14 years, 13 days ago)

I would say that mushrooms seem to be more intense (although it all depends on the dose, the setting, and the person).  With acid, although it is a much longer trip, you feel in control the whole time.  Acid usually gives you this feeling of being at peace, and for the most part it's not fucking with your head so much as shrooms do. 

For me personally I feel like shrooms have the potential to be so much more amazing, but acid is like a reliable stand by.

--------------------
:huxleyfacepalm:

Plant Trees

OfflineInnoculus
 User Gallery

Loc: 0.0.0.1
Re: shrooms vs. acid [Re: Nymphaea]
    #12342466 - 04/06/10 01:44 PM (14 years, 13 days ago)

Shrooms= more synesthesia, mindfuck, weird shit, and auditory hallucinations

Acid...
well.

Acid ego deathed the shit out of me in a way mushrooms never even came close to.
I absolutely could not have seen it coming.

Now I lol at both.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag