Home | Community | Message Board

Vaposhop
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop:   Original Seeds Store Buy CBD, Compare CBD   Amazon ½ Pint Jars, Brown Rice Flour, Mycobags, Perlite, Pressure Cooker, Vermiculite

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineOnly1AK
fucken pimp
lol, unbelivable
    #1233700 - 01/20/03 11:15 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

I have spent... almost 300 dollars, on bags, kits, syringes, spores. the works. Ive been doing everythign i could to get these right. reading everyday.. everything. JUST when i think im so close, some problem pops up... I just wanna trip ONCE and have a good time, thats all i wanna do..

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleRoom4Shroom
Mr. Nice Guy
 User Gallery

Re: lol, unbelivable [Re: Only1AK]
    #1233714 - 01/20/03 11:20 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

what kind of problems?

OfflineOnly1AK
fucken pimp
    #1233742 - 01/20/03 11:30 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

I am so dissapointed. I have such an eager interest in this field, and i want to grow and cultivate so that i can put in my 2 cents when someone has a problem insted of sitting there like a dumbass, just so that this isnt offtopic, I was wondering what to do about OVERLAY i think i have it but im not sure . I have a fully colonized mycobag thats been sitting near a windown for about 5 days.. When i touch it. it doesnt bruise, its harder than usual, im not sure if this is a problem or not..

InvisibleRoadkill
Retired Shroomery Mod
Male User Gallery

Loc: Snoqualmie, Wa.
Trusted Cultivator
    #1233747 - 01/20/03 11:32 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

If you have a myco bag it's not overlay.

Is it solid white?

--------------------
Laterz, Road

Who the hell you callin crazy?
You wouldn't know what crazy was if Charles Manson was eating froot loops on your front porch!

Brainiac said:
PM the names with on there names, that means they have mushrooms for sale.

OfflineFunkey
enthusiast
Male

Loc: Europe
    #1233749 - 01/20/03 11:32 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Don't give up man! I bet you are very close to a succesfull cultivation, and believe me ...you won't regret your efforts!!! It's really really worth it, you will totally agree after that first trip to mushroomland.

--------------------
SING WHILE YOU MAY...

OfflineChromeCrow
one ancient mutha
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Hoosier HELL
    #1233761 - 01/20/03 11:36 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

I just wanna trip ONCE and have a good time, thats all i wanna do

if you just want to get high, buy them man  or find some cid, but if you want to grow mushroom,  hang in there man, and this doesnt have to be an expensive hobby. get ya some jars and pick a PROVEN tek to the tee, dont deviate even a little bit.

when i got back into attempting to cultivate, i found the shroom wizard site. and followed it exactly as said. which his tek will work, but the odds for failure is very high.
awhile  after my first set of green jars i found the shroomery, and read and read and read. i probably visited daily for at least a good year before registering.
seeing the flaws in the tek i was using, i realized piece by piece where i  was messing up, but held on to the shroom wizards method.  after each failure i would change 1 thing, thinking  this must be how i fuck up.  and with each change, i got one step farther ahead than the last attempt.

now usually the only contams or problems i get is from slack proceedures.  rushing and not paying attention.

if your truly in for this for the ART (i hate calling it a hobby, model railroads is a hobby, or stamp collecting) then it will come.  read, research, and find the BEST and CHEAP  way to go about it, so a batch of cobweb dont break your wallet along with your heart  :crazy:

OfflineI_Fart_Blue
Stranger

Loc: SItting on the Group W Be...
Re: lol, unbelivable [Re: ChromeCrow]
    #1233772 - 01/20/03 11:43 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Quote:

now usually the only contams or problems i get is from slack proceedures. rushing and not paying attention.

I agree 100%. Any problem that I have ever had I can trace back to cutting corners. I never had any problems until I started getting a little lazy. However I was sucsessful on my first grow, and many after. It was only recently that I purchased a pressure cooker. Things will work out fine if you take the time to do them correctly. The main thing is persistence and patience, if you can nail those you've won half the battle. Good luck!!!

--------------------
"A study of the history of opinion is a necessary preliminary to the emancipation of the mind. I do not know which makes a man more conservative-to know nothing but the present, or nothing but the past." -John Maynard Keynes

OfflineAngry Mycologist
Spontaneouslycombusting

Loc: Galapagos
Re: lol, unbelivable [Re: I_Fart_Blue]
    #1233924 - 01/20/03 12:26 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Yup, never get too cocky. Instead of spending large amounts of money on these grow kits, try the PF-Tek.

--------------------
The proper penalty of ignorance, which is of course that those who don't know should learn from those who do... - Plato

Offlinecelestialtripper
Test Pilot
Male User Gallery

#1233949 - 01/20/03 12:36 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

have you ever just tried doing it the cheaper easier way? just getting some half pint jars, some verm, brf, perlite, a spray bottle and a couple plastic boxes? ive spent no more than $50 and have had absolutly no problems. ive done 10 cakes two times now, each time 0 problems and have had great results. remember, just because its more expensive doesnt always mean better!

OfflineLoop_Theorist
addict
    #1233989 - 01/20/03 12:49 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

duuude, 300 bucks??  thats horrible man!  the most exspensive thing I've ever bought was my PC, which only set me back about 90, then some rubbermade's (about 30 bucks total, and I have a buuunch) and my heater with cost me 20.

But keep at this man.  We all go through bad spells, I just wnet through a few months where all I could grow was green mold (the little guy fixed that right up though, you rule BoxTop!).

Becomming a skilled cultivator doesn't happen over night, hell, it doesn't ev3n happen after your first good grow, it take practice, study and the ability to fail with grace :wink:

-Loop 

--------------------
Pack-tight, midnight, ship it to tha coast.
Some take tha plane, you, you on tha boat,
right beside tha money which right beside tha coke
Passin by tha coastgaurd, right under their nose.

To the US-HEY where anyone can getny, MIA all the way to New Your city, you a twenty now....

OfflineOnly1AK
fucken pimp
Re: lol, unbelivable [Re: Loop_Theorist]
    #1234009 - 01/20/03 12:55 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

you guys are great, thanks a lot, it made me feel a lot better, im gonna keep trying, and im happy its probably not overlay

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop:   Original Seeds Store Buy CBD, Compare CBD   Amazon ½ Pint Jars, Brown Rice Flour, Mycobags, Perlite, Pressure Cooker, Vermiculite

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation