Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlineflawed
Stranger

Loc: Canada
Mental or visual?
    #1232922 - 01/20/03 04:31 AM (21 years, 2 months ago)

is it true that some strains are more mental while others are more visual? i've been reading people talk about this, but i'm not sure if it's really true.. i've only tried B+ and Gulf Coast so far and they both seem to produce a very mental effect.

on 4.5g of dried B+ i usually end up feeling very emotional and almost like being trapped inside my mind. the visuals aren't very vivid, although they are there. for example; i do not get closed eye visuals even at a 5g dose, but i do get incredibly agitated, confused and restless. this makes it very hard to sit still and focus, which is the only way i get any visuals. ie. if i move around a lot, i don't really get any visuals at all.

does this happen to any of you guys? any suggestions on which strains i should get that produce more visuals, because i don't really like being trapped in my mind for 6 hrs. i'd prefer to see a lot of cool colors and patterns instead =)

any input is appriciated, thanks.

--------------------
------------------
----------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinedebianlinux
Myconerd - DBK
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Over There
Re: Mental or visual? [Re: flawed]
    #1232970 - 01/20/03 04:48 AM (21 years, 2 months ago)

not a cultivation question... anyway, I think it is really mostly due to your body, set/setting, and when you happen to eat them. I have eaten from the same flush and gotten the whole range of effects across different trips.

Offlineflawed
Stranger

Loc: Canada
Re: Mental or visual? [Re: debianlinux]
    #1232994 - 01/20/03 04:57 AM (21 years, 2 months ago)

yeah, sorry about posting that here. i wasn't sure which forum it should be posted in. i just figured most people read this forum..

anyway, i have taken 4-5g several times, during the day, at night, etc. and they always produced effects very similar to what i described in the original post. maybe my body just handles it differently from yours.. i don't know.

--------------------
------------------
----------------

OfflineSHR00M0L0GIST
Psilocybin Test Subject
Male

Loc: Mescaland
    #1233002 - 01/20/03 05:01 AM (21 years, 2 months ago)

Its different for everyone. Its probably your mindset before you trip. Try thinking about positive things.

OfflineAngry Mycologist
Spontaneouslycombusting

Loc: Galapagos
    #1233029 - 01/20/03 05:12 AM (21 years, 2 months ago)

I've eaten EQ's on four separate ocassions now, and I've noticed an excellent combination of both mental and visual "trips".

I've noticed the breathing effect and brightening of colors.  My depth perception is usually pretty shot after ingestion.  Rooms may seem to get as large as auditoriums, then shrink down to closet size.

The mind trip is extremely introspective and refreshing, although, it is also extremely confusing.  My short term memory is usually of no use while tripping, and I have a lot of trouble expressing anything verbally.  They're have been a few times where I've cried, not out of fright, but out of realizing how beautiful everything is.

I can't wait to try my Allens once they're done drying....I'll be able to find out whether there is a difference in trips due to strain.  I hope this has helped somehow....heh  :smile: 

--------------------
The proper penalty of ignorance, which is of course that those who don't know should learn from those who do... - Plato

OfflineSHR00M0L0GIST
Psilocybin Test Subject
Male

Re: Mental or visual? [Re: Angry Mycologist]
    #1233040 - 01/20/03 05:17 AM (21 years, 2 months ago)

Good reply Angry Mycologist.

Offlinedebianlinux
Myconerd - DBK
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Over There
Re: Mental or visual? [Re: SHR00M0L0GIST]
    #1233056 - 01/20/03 05:23 AM (21 years, 2 months ago)

I hate to diss a strain but PF's are by far my least favorite. in fact, my wife and I both refuse to ever eat them again. they tend to have bad side effects such as repressed breathing, a very heavy body feeling, very sleepy feeling. they also irritate my mucous membranes (eyes and nose itch/run). these effects were experienced every single trip over like 20 trips. i do think that strains do have repeating effects throughout their trips but the qulaity fo the non-physical trip effects varies greatly every time. I have defnitely enjoyed all the colors and echoes while laying in the floor with my eyes and nose running on PF's :smile:.

OfflineHamurabi
the babylonianleader..

Loc: Greece
    #1233057 - 01/20/03 05:24 AM (21 years, 2 months ago)

hey angry mycologist why don't you try eating some fresh allens?:-) i believe they will kick you harder or maybe just a little different

InvisibleLa_Magdalene
Redeemed

Loc: En La' Magdala
    #1233075 - 01/20/03 05:30 AM (21 years, 2 months ago)

Beautifully put Angry Mycologist. EQ's provide a wonderful, eye opening trip. Where as, other fruits that I've expreienced put you right on the edge...but that is about it. Leave you with a feeling almost similar to 'blue balls'....your almost to a nut...but then suddenly your left with nothing.

--------------------
Near the cross of Jesus stood his mother and Mary Magdalene. When Jesus saw his mother and the disciple HE LOVED standing nearby, he said to his mother, "Dear woman, here is your son."

OfflineAngry Mycologist
Spontaneouslycombusting

Loc: Galapagos
Re: Mental or visual? [Re: La_Magdalene]
    #1233091 - 01/20/03 05:37 AM (21 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Leave you with a feeling almost similar to 'blue balls'....your almost to a nut...but then suddenly your left with nothing. 

Love the analogy  :grin:

And Ham, I just don't have the inclination to trip right now, so I'm drying the Allens.  I may first try them fresh during the second flush though.  I still haven't tried fresh cubes. 

--------------------
The proper penalty of ignorance, which is of course that those who don't know should learn from those who do... - Plato

OfflineSHR00M0L0GIST
Psilocybin Test Subject
Male

#1233092 - 01/20/03 05:37 AM (21 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Beautifully put Angry Mycologist. EQ's provide a wonderful, eye opening trip. Where as, other fruits that I've expreienced put you right on the edge...but that is about it. Leave you with a feeling almost similar to 'blue balls'....your almost to a nut...but then suddenly your left with nothing.

LMAO!

InvisibleLa_Magdalene
Redeemed

Re: Mental or visual? [Re: SHR00M0L0GIST]
    #1233106 - 01/20/03 05:42 AM (21 years, 2 months ago)

:grin: *chuckles* 

--------------------
Near the cross of Jesus stood his mother and Mary Magdalene. When Jesus saw his mother and the disciple HE LOVED standing nearby, he said to his mother, "Dear woman, here is your son."

OfflineCaptBeefheart
Psychonaut

#1233138 - 01/20/03 05:55 AM (21 years, 2 months ago)

I seem to be having the same problem as flawed, I don't seem to get great visuals from PCubenisis , even on 5 dried grams. Although I love the mental/body feeling I would really love to see some mad shit like tracers and morphing, like on lsd.
So maybe I should get me an EQ spore.

--------------------
"Real men don't dance, they sit,sweat and curse."
- Bill Hicks

Offlineback_room_farmer
enthusiast
Loc: Bavaria, Germany
Re: Mental or visual? [Re: CaptBeefheart]
    #1233154 - 01/20/03 06:01 AM (21 years, 2 months ago)

I have tried many varieties of p.cubensis and pan. cyans. and I do have some small side affects like the runny nose and itchy eyes, however being someone who has experimented in youth with different l's also I can say I have had almost all good trips th

--------------------
are you talkin' to me? oh! you are! wassuuppppp!

InvisibleLa_Magdalene
Redeemed

Re: Mental or visual? [Re: CaptBeefheart]
    #1233160 - 01/20/03 06:02 AM (21 years, 2 months ago)

EQ's are the bomb!!! I'd highly recommend them. You almost start tripping just by looking at them, they are so beautiful!!!!!!!!!!

--------------------

OfflineCaptBeefheart
Psychonaut

#1233231 - 01/20/03 06:29 AM (21 years, 2 months ago)

Of course if anyone wants to set me up with my first EQ print, please feel free to pm me, I will of course send back a print once it is taken if you so wish.

--------------------
"Real men don't dance, they sit,sweat and curse."
- Bill Hicks

OfflineStrumpling
Neuronaut
Loc: Hyperspace
    #1233339 - 01/20/03 07:02 AM (21 years, 2 months ago)

Take a bunch of penis-envy shooms and lay in silent darkness with your eyes closed. It might impress you.

--------------------
Insert an "I think" mentally in front of eveything I say that seems sketchy, because I certainly don't KNOW much. Also; feel free to yell at me.
In addition: SHPONGLE

Anonymous

Re: Mental or visual? [Re: Strumpling]
    #1233876 - 01/20/03 10:14 AM (21 years, 2 months ago)

I find that if I throw on some toons in winamp then stare at some cool full-screen visualizations from when I eat the mushrooms until I can't sit there anymore results in an increase in the visual aspects of the trip.

OfflineStrumpling
Neuronaut
Loc: Hyperspace
Re: Mental or visual? [Re: ]
    #1233885 - 01/20/03 10:16 AM (21 years, 2 months ago)

How many times have you tripped?

It took me a while to really be able to "tune in" to my closed-eye-visuals, but boy am I glad I did.. I used to stare at screen-savers and winamp plugins and watch cartoons n stuff but WOW; Closed-Eye-Visuals, once you've learned to be very recpetive towards them, are WAY COOLER, in my opinion.

--------------------
Insert an "I think" mentally in front of eveything I say that seems sketchy, because I certainly don't KNOW much. Also; feel free to yell at me.
In addition: SHPONGLE

Offlinecelestialtripper
Test Pilot
Male User Gallery

#1234042 - 01/20/03 11:07 AM (21 years, 2 months ago)

ive tripped on GT's and EQ's numerous times now and if your looking for a total mind fuck, go with GT's for sure.
for the following this is just what i experience.
GT's: a very nice body high is usually the first on set from this strain i feel. no real interesting OEV's or CEV's but red's, green's and especially yellow's are very bright. after awhile the body high wears off and my mind begins to work in mysterious ways. my very first trip on GT's was something ill never forget. i dosed on 5g's and was having a great time with a friend. soon after the body high wore off things started going down hill. we were outside at the time and everything just seemed so out of place, people, cars, buildings, nothing seemed to belong where it was and just seemed fake. soon my mind just began picking up random thoughts and picking them to pieces. instead of having a mind blowing amount of thoughts racing through my head i would have one thought, and my mind would go cycle through the whole subject. it seemed like i wasnt even thinking, my mind was just presenting me with random information, it was, like i said, i total mind fuck.

EQ's: amazing trips! first on set for me is a very nice and mellow body high. colors seem to get dimmer until the visuals kick in. usually around 15-30mins later the visuals do kick in, very interesting visuals too. objects tend to melt, swirl, mix together and appear in 3D. the visuals are just something you need to experience for yourself as there is no way of easily explaing it. as for mental trips, my mind usually seems quite blank on this strain, just, well empty. im more concentrated on the visual and dont have anything warping my mind, which seems to be quite nice, resulting in a great trip. also the CEV's are quite amazing on EQ's. ive seen some of the most amazing and weirdest CEV's on these mushies ive never seen before.

anyways hopes this helps you a little bit, and again, this is just what i experience with these 2 strains. IMO if your looking for a great strain, go with EQ's for sure, i love the trips they produce!

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale