Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinethe_conservatarian
Stranger

Differences among Psilocybin, LSD, and Mescaline
    #12326960 - 04/04/10 12:45 AM (13 years, 11 months ago)

What do you feel are the main differentiators from the effects of shrooms, cactus, and acid?

If we were building a basic informational chart to compare them all, what things would you include? Please share your own experiences.

Here are some things that I would mention:

LSD (1 hit): 30-60 mins to kick in. Effects can vary from mild  to hard-core tripping, depending on strength of dose. Come up takes around and hour and the strongest effects occur 2-3 hours after ingestion. CEV's very strong - kaleidescope visions common (fractals and geometric patterns). Halos around light sources occur. Secrets of the scientific universe are revealed. Time distortion and awareness occurs for the duration of trip. Bad trips can be fairly common. Insomnia always occurs. Experience usually lasts 6-8 hours.

Shrooms: 30-60 mins to kick in. Similar to LSD, effects can vary, but the body feels less chemical intrusion. Vomiting is possible. Closed eye visuals are common, but tend to be less "scientific" and geometric than LSD. Visuals are slightly more "creative." Bad trips are fairly common. Time awareness intensified. Self evaluation can be disturbing. Insomnia always. Colors are more pronounced. Experience usually lasts 5-6 hours.

Cactus: 1-2 hours to kick in. Come up is very slow. Peak occurs after 3 or 4 hours. Has a familiarity of warmth and energy similar to MDMA, but more psychedelic. Stomach sickness is common. Body feeling can affect the experience for better or worse. Visuals are geometric. The effects are slow and relentless. Come down is slow. An entire day's commitment may be required - effects can last up to 10-12 hours. Insomnia always. Experience is generally more mellow than typical Psilocybin and LSD trips, yet longer lasting.

=)
These are my own interpretations. Please share your own. Thanks! :cool:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinemrgibblet
Lemon Tek Pro
Male User Gallery

Re: Differences among Psilocybin, LSD, and Mescaline [Re: the_conservatarian]
    #12327214 - 04/04/10 02:15 AM (13 years, 11 months ago)

Your shroom interpretations are like mine, except "Insomnia always." I've fallen asleep on shrooms before, although it took a while because I couldn't not look at my visuals.

--------------------
:whoyougonnacall:
"Anxiety doesn't exist. It's just your inner brain telling you that you're a pussy."

jokes

Offlinelifeinallday
OVA<

Loc: fucked in time
Re: Differences among Psilocybin, LSD, and Mescaline [Re: mrgibblet]
    #12327274 - 04/04/10 02:42 AM (13 years, 11 months ago)

i believe all can be just as mind bogling as the other. i agree with most of what you said. i would add that cacti for me tends to begin to have a amazing physical feel to it followed by a very worn out next  day. lsd is much more of a stimulated trip and very "boxy" and square unlike mushrooms wich seem "round" and bubbly. lsd seems to be more of a fest. type dug. psilocybin, once again to me, can specifically tell me if im in a good place or not; if not things get funky, though if all is well it can be the clearest and cleanest (more so than mesc.). i dont like lsd too much due to its chemicale feel. mesc. is great but it's a true commitment to be fully lost in its world for half a day with another half a day needed to recover. mushrooms to me are perfect; they feel organic, dosage is easy to manipulate (so you can keep it low), and they usually leave me off at the mental space i want/need to be at at the time.
lsa is nice too. best way of putting it would be it strips me naked back to my childhood essence. it does have a bodyload though. you can end up feeling very dissasociated/drunk/tripping if proper methods were not applied.

--------------------
"In a revolving universe those who stand still move backward"- I forget

Edited by lifeinallday (04/04/10 02:43 AM)

OfflineKanker
Hides in tall grass
Male

Loc: On a Long dead-heart.
Re: Differences among Psilocybin, LSD, and Mescaline [Re: lifeinallday]
    #12327370 - 04/04/10 03:29 AM (13 years, 11 months ago)

every trip is different.
The only real observation i can make however, is that LSD trips appear more 'random/unpredictable' than anything else.

Haven't tried mesc.

--------------------
I'm ahead, I'm advanced
I am the first mammal to make plans, yeah
I crawled the earth, but now I'm higher
2010, watch it go to fire.
It's evolution baby.
-Pearl Jam

OfflineLucas89
lysergicmescalcybin
Male User Gallery

Loc: USSR
Re: Differences among Psilocybin, LSD, and Mescaline [Re: Kanker]
    #12327445 - 04/04/10 04:47 AM (13 years, 11 months ago)

i find mushrooms to be exceedingly spiritual, personal, difficult to handle, un-enjoyable but amazingly meaningful in high doses. low doses are nice and mellow, great for a walk in the park etc.

i find lsd to be more "fun & games" than anything else. definitely has a much wider range of effects than mushrooms, due to a much wider dosage range. much cleaner & clearer than mushrooms, but lacking that tryptamine buzz. the only times ive had spiritual experiences from lsd, was when i ate enormously high doses. i personally think i can get just as far and come back to earth and be asleep in 10-12 hours on mushrooms, instead of eating 1000ug+ and being wrecked for days.

as for mescaline, i havent gotten far enough on it yet. maybe only 200-250mg. ive experienced nothing but extreme happiness, and unique visuals, sort of like deeply green aqua like rippling pools. nothing overpowering though.

--------------------

OfflineSubconscious
Stranger
Male

Re: Differences among Psilocybin, LSD, and Mescaline [Re: Lucas89]
    #12327640 - 04/04/10 07:50 AM (13 years, 11 months ago)

LSD- I would describe it as "youthful" - lots of energy, a solid 6-8 hours of solid tripping with effects lasting up to 12 hours. Usually followed by insomnia. The trip has the potential to feel very scitzophrenic... a few years back it was my drug of choice but now i've definatly grown out of it. Every time I take it now I end up just feeling like shit by the end... the duration is way too long and it can be very mentally and physically exhausting. Feel more recreational than shrooms, and I usually don't get any deep or profound thoughts- just a general euphoria with a bit of confusion. 

Mushrooms- Kicks in after an hour, can be totally back to the baseline in about 5-6. Unlike LSD, mushrooms make me feel old and wise... the body load can be pretty heavy but what they do to the mind is amazing. I usually get put into a dreamy state with profound thoughts, very fluid visuals... you don't get the bursts of energy like with LSD and shrooms generally feel a lot more laid back and dreamy than LSD. My favorite.

Mesc- only done about 5 times, feels very warm and recreational- need to try more before commenting.

OfflinePsychoPsilocin
Playboy
Male

Re: Differences among Psilocybin, LSD, and Mescaline [Re: Subconscious]
    #12328362 - 04/04/10 11:03 AM (13 years, 11 months ago)

I find mescaline to be the most worthwhile. Will mix with mushrooms next.

OfflineTrim
Newbie Psychonaut
Male

Re: Differences among Psilocybin, LSD, and Mescaline [Re: PsychoPsilocin]
    #12328552 - 04/04/10 11:38 AM (13 years, 11 months ago)

What do you mean when you say time awareness intensified for shrooms? I find that i really cant keep track of time for shit while im tripping, but that seems like the opposite of what you're saying.

--------------------
Exploitation of the unknown is called religion. Recognition of the proven is called science.

Offlineakira_akuma
Φύσις κρύπτεσθαι ὕψιστος φιλεῖ

Loc: Onypeirophóros
Re: Differences among Psilocybin, LSD, and Mescaline [Re: Trim]
    #12329554 - 04/04/10 02:18 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

all of you are talking about these things like they are programmed.

they have different effects on cognition in general, mho.

OfflineCyrone
That guy
Male User Gallery

Re: Differences among Psilocybin, LSD, and Mescaline [Re: akira_akuma]
    #12331924 - 04/04/10 08:41 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

For me, LSD is more intellectual, scientific, philosophical and "geometric" than shrooms.
Shrooms are just laughter, fun and games, and feeling like a kid again.

But, seems like a few posts here disagree... Also, see this chart:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Drug_danger_and_dependence.png

It seems Mescaline is more "dangerous" than LSD/Shrooms!

Offlinedip
Stranger
Re: Differences among Psilocybin, LSD, and Mescaline [Re: Cyrone]
    #12332179 - 04/04/10 09:14 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

I'm glad that at least so far, we haven't had somebody chime in that the three "are completely different" or words to that effect.  Yes, there are differences, and the OP lays them out quite well, but in my estimation, there is still an overlap of similarity among all three that approaches, oh I dunno.......90%.

dip

Offlinecrazyboy25
International man of mystery

Re: Differences among Psilocybin, LSD, and Mescaline [Re: dip]
    #12332537 - 04/04/10 10:31 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

I would say:

Mushrooms: initial effects felt within 30 minutes. Lasts about 5-6 hours. Everything looks hyper-real. Closed eyes visuals are organic often red, yellow or orange. Yawning is common, lack of appetite, uneven gait. Fits of laughter at things that aren't funny, no train of thought, sentences fall apart and take minutes to complete. Introspective, thoughts are confusing. Insomnia.

Mescaline: initial effects felt within 1.5 hours. Lasts about 6-7 hours. Mild nausea during the onset. Pure unadulterated bliss. High energy euphoria. Highly erotic, always, smiling colors are brighter. Splitting headache as the effects taper off.

LSD: Not yet :frown:

--------------------
"Life without freedom is not life... freedom is life."

Invisibledrr
Female

#12332612 - 04/04/10 10:50 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

Those are pretty good descriptions to start.

LSD is pure mental, with rather light physical effects but nonetheless a definite up quality. Mushrooms and mescaline are both more physical but in different ways. Mescaline is the up, phenethylamine thing, while psilocybin is the wierd DMT buzz thing, with the yawns and almost bordering on sleepiness. The visions I get on LSD are particularly special in that a blending of the senses is more profound and intense - I feel the visuals on LSD, and I frequently find myself merging with my surroundings, or getting lost in eyes-closed fantasy only to completely forget where I am and that I am on LSD. The visions are very intricately detailed geometry, and I rarely have surface moving or breathing effects with eyes open on LSD, unless I am on a very high dose. I find this more likely to happen on either mushrooms or mescaline. On mushrooms the geometry is much more simple. On my two mescaline trips, both lower doses, I noticed more distortion of shapes of objects than I had ever noticed on mushrooms or LSD - picasso painting like things. Also mescaline seemed to create these flashing lights, sometimes red or yellows, throughout my vision.

While at first I found the effects of these different drugs to be distinct, now I am thinking rather that these differences in visual effects vary from trip to trip, as well as from drug to drug, and that all psychedelics are quite possible of a seemingly infinite array of effects, including mimicking eachother.

OfflineMet
Male User Gallery

Loc: Normandie, France Flag
Re: Differences among Psilocybin, LSD, and Mescaline [Re: drr]
    #12332679 - 04/04/10 11:07 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

My perspective is that with LSD you learn the power of self, Mescaline the power of your connection with everything else.

I'm not sure about mushrooms, I've still yet to pop my psilocherry.

OfflineFry
Interior Crocodile Alligator
Male User Gallery

Loc: Washington State
    #12332754 - 04/04/10 11:21 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

I always think of it like this:

Shrooms= Weed
Mescaline= Alcohol
Acid= Amphetamine

--------------------
:peace::heartpump::shineon:

OfflineLucas89
lysergicmescalcybin
Male User Gallery

Re: Differences among Psilocybin, LSD, and Mescaline [Re: Fry]
    #12333284 - 04/05/10 01:16 AM (13 years, 11 months ago)

lol thats kinda weird...

--------------------

Offlinelearningtofly
Ancient Aliens
Male

Loc: Out of this world
Re: Differences among Psilocybin, LSD, and Mescaline [Re: Lucas89]
    #12333329 - 04/05/10 01:25 AM (13 years, 11 months ago)

For me, acid is like MDMA with a lot of visuals. I am pretty clear headed, sometimes short term memory impairment, but thats about it.

--------------------

OfflineLucas89
lysergicmescalcybin
Male User Gallery

Re: Differences among Psilocybin, LSD, and Mescaline [Re: learningtofly]
    #12333343 - 04/05/10 01:28 AM (13 years, 11 months ago)

hmm for me acid feels like acid, psilocybin feels like psilocybin & mescaline feels like mescaline :yesnod:

--------------------

Offlinethe_conservatarian
Stranger

Re: Differences among Psilocybin, LSD, and Mescaline [Re: lifeinallday]
    #12333590 - 04/05/10 02:47 AM (13 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

lifeinallday said:
best way of putting it would be it strips me naked back to my childhood essence.

"it strips me naked back to my childhood essence."

Psychedelics do this to me every time. :laugh:

OfflineMet
Male User Gallery

Loc: Normandie, France Flag
    #12333600 - 04/05/10 02:51 AM (13 years, 11 months ago)

Acid really brings out my darkness, personally.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate