Home | Community | Message Board

MRCA Tyroler Gluckspilze
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlineshin
Stranger
Re: trippy literature? [Re: marcosbj]
    #1543470 - 05/12/03 10:43 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

yeah i have the waley translation of monkey.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinevalour
Swordbearer

Loc: USA
Re: trippy literature? [Re: shin]
    #1543686 - 05/12/03 11:29 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

This makes me wish I could read while tripping.
I can barely make out the CDs I'm selecting --
they have this odd consistent tendency to have the letters
shift into runes for me.

--------------------
"Remember, son,
I didn't sell out-
I bought in."

Invisiblezee_werp
a fractalcreature
 User Gallery

Loc: Aotearoa
Re: trippy literature? [Re: valour]
    #1544297 - 05/13/03 04:04 AM (20 years, 10 months ago)

Hey guys,

Good reccomendations so far. I personally have found that my psychedelic experiences have been genuinley heightened since becoming more interested in scientific information and science literature...subjects such as botany, physics (quantum, particle, whatever), biology, psychology, computer technology, basically any type of science.

I have found that reading about 'how things work' on a more detailed level has really enhanced that feeling of extremely heightened awareness while tripping. Looking at a leaf and being able to comprehend what is going on inside that leaf, even on a cellular or molecular level, the interactions between cells and the supposed 'purpose' of each one, and looking at the whole plant and seeing its various traits which it has evolved to adapt to its habitat, to fill a niche. It was actually my early psychedelic experiences which drew me towards science, just because everything going on is so exciting and fascinating and I love understanding it on another level.

I know all of this stuff can seem kind of daunting when you look through say, a university textbook or something with a page full of numbers and formulas or complicated scientific jargon, but there are also some cool authors who write about scientific theories in a much more 'readable' format...some books I can reccomend are:

Chaos by James Gleik
The Fabric of Reality by David Deutch
The Blind Watchmaker by Richard Dawkins
A Brief History of Time by Stephen Hawking
Psychology books by C. G. Jung
New Scientist magazine

These are just a few of the many rather 'Trippy' science novels readily avaliable in libraries and 2nd hand book stores. I find that with these type of books, they can seem a little 'heavy' if you try reading the whole thing at once, I usually read a few chapters and then leave it for a week or so, just letting myself come to understanding with the concepts that are being introduced.

After reading stuff like this for a while it was amazing to see how my trips changed. Some people seem to dislike science because they think that it 'kills' the spiritual and mystical side in things, but I can assure you it only heightens these senses for me, while adding a crazy 'hi-tech' sort of feel. Try it!

Oh and I would also like to reccomend 'The Bible'... this is more for while you're tripping...but don't try it if you're prone to be easily influencable on mushrooms, could turn out nasty...

And, if you're interested in learning more about the psychedelic experience as a whole, you can try any books by Timothy Leary, Terence McKenna, and a few others...happy tripping everyone!

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates