Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Anonymous

forcing fruiting on puerto ricans
    #1232565 - 01/19/03 11:22 PM (21 years, 2 months ago)

well i tried posting this on the advance cultivation forum but it obviously wasnt "advanced" enough. im growing my spores in 4 myco bags. ive got a keen 60 watt bulb for light and my room can get nice and cool when i dont turn the heat on too high, i might be cold at night but its a small sacrifice. my question is for all you experience puerto growers out here is how do you get your spores to fruit, ive heared it can be tricky with this strain. now i may be guilty of a double post but my last one was moved to god knows where and i cant find it. so please help me out because i really wanna take a bunch of my shrooms and get fucked up, thanks.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineGratefulDread
Never pass up anopportunity topee.

Re: forcing fruiting on puerto ricans [Re: ]
    #1232572 - 01/19/03 11:31 PM (21 years, 2 months ago)

"Shrooms should be only taken for self examination or getting in touch with nature" or some other tree hugging hippy crap like that will probably be posted here by some anal retentive new age wannabe spiritualist. I myself comend you on both your choice of drug and your use of the english language to convey what you really want from your mushrooms.

This said I'll attempt to help. Cold shock the bags over night after they are fully colonized then let them get a little light for about 12 hrs a day (or more or less). I've had no problems with PR's fruiting but the cold shock will speed the process along.

--------------------
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes.
That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

OfflineDERRAYLD
Constructus
Male User Gallery
Loc: South Africa
Trusted Cultivator
Re: forcing fruiting on puerto ricans [Re: GratefulDread]
    #1232708 - 01/20/03 02:27 AM (21 years, 2 months ago)

Shroomeister I think you`re lucky enough to be buying/getting the newer version I believe of the PR strain.
The more domesticated version.
I bought my first PR print last year Feb time and it was incredibly undomesticated.
Myself and Sporeworks still had e-mail correspondence regarding this.
From what I`ve seen though the newer version is just like any other Cubensis strain.

Anonymous

Re: forcing fruiting on puerto ricans [Re: GratefulDread]
    #1233202 - 01/20/03 06:20 AM (21 years, 2 months ago)

thanks for the help. its good to know that my PRs are from a good stock. im assuming a way to cold shock would be to put in in the fridge (making sure the temp isnt too cold) overnight. and after that i hope its gonna be smooth sailing to fantasy land. thx.

Offlinecanid
irregular meat sprocket
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: looking for zeebras, n. c...
Re: forcing fruiting on puerto ricans [Re: ]
    #1255064 - 01/28/03 08:31 AM (21 years, 2 months ago)

enter "the tree hugger":
don't sweat it, if you can successfully grow your own mushroms, you have every right to "take a bunch of my shrooms and get fucked up" as you please.

that's a roger on the cold shocking. you don't really have to worry about the fridge being too cold unless things tend to start to freeze inside since your bags will only be in the fridge a short time. you will find that they recover easily.

FYI: you can find your other thread here.

good luck.

--------------------

Attn PWN hunters: If you should come across a bluing Psilocybe matching P. pellicolusa please smell it.
If you detect a scent reminiscent of Anethole (anise) please preserve a specimen or two for study and please PM me.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale