Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleThorA
Anti-Theist OVERLORD
Male User Gallery

Loc: Iceland
Should the Shroomery have an Other Drugs Forum?
    #1231665 - 01/19/03 04:11 PM (21 years, 2 months ago)

Do you believe a website about magic mushrooms should have an Other Drugs forum?

Should we have an Other Drugs forum at the Shroomery?
1. Yes.
2. No.

Votes accepted from (12/31/69 05:00 PM) to (No end specified)
View the results of this poll

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleThorA
Anti-Theist OVERLORD
Male User Gallery

Loc: Iceland
Re: Should the Shroomery have an Other Drugs Forum? [Re: Thor]
    #1231907 - 01/19/03 05:24 PM (21 years, 2 months ago)

Also here are some more discussions about this issue, one in OTD.

I've been thinking - *update* - Other Drugs Poll added

Also in the Other Drugs forum

Should the Shroomery have this forum?

OfflineShdwstr
FSRCanada
Male

Loc: Ontario, Canada
    #1231939 - 01/19/03 05:34 PM (21 years, 2 months ago)

I doubt very much that the existance of the "Other Drugs Forum" is contributing to the recent tragedies of late. Our young precious friends chose their own paths, much to our regret.
If a few carefully placed comments or warnings were offered to the less experienced, perhaps the next tragedy could be avoided, making the forums presence all worthwhile.

Perhaps it already has....

Shdwstr

To our past friends - May your souls fly with the angels in peace!

InvisiblePsiloKitten
Ganja Goddess

Re: Should the Shroomery have an Other Drugs Forum? [Re: Shdwstr]
    #1232047 - 01/19/03 06:06 PM (21 years, 2 months ago)

Shdwstr,

I just want to clarify this early.. Nobody is saying that this place holds any blame for what happened, or that not having the other drugs forum could have prevented it. Emotions have run high and at the end of the topics, Ive kinda muddled up the issues in my very long ramblings. That just lit a fire under my ass to actually say something, this concern is not a new one.

The concern I have is, is the shroomery.org the best place for this information? I agree that we should help educate by keeping the forum here and searchable, but not active---first trying to amend incorrect data. How does the good information balance out the bad information? Since you are not familiar with the forum. I urge you as mushroom voyagers to take a minute to look through the threads Thor mentioned. And what is the risk/benefit to the shroomery with Other Drugs. As cultivators, I feel that altho you may not visit the other parts of the community as much, maybe you guys have some unique perspectives.

What is the purpose of this site to you? Can we stray outside the confines to much harder drugs? Making sure to accurately consider the risk of death, every time?

What do you think?

Thank you all for your careful consideration of this.

--------------------

Edited by PsiloKitten (01/19/03 07:47 PM)

Offlinekykeon
Dead wishes

Loc: A universe right next to ...
    #1232205 - 01/19/03 07:22 PM (21 years, 2 months ago)

Dear Thor,

i voted 'No' although i am interested in OD.

This is a mushroom cultivation forum and the existence of ODF has led to hundreds of posters, completely ignorant of MC, discussing about ecstacy pills and methadone. Thats fine and cool but I dont think we want to attract too much attention, esp. when people die from overdose, the law enforcers can move against the Shroomery, although Mushroom Cultivation has nothin to do with an overdose --- i suppose it would be better if we had an "Other Drugs Questions" forum. For those who are afraid but still want to be informed. Like a help for newbies.

--------------------
The living ghost of Kykeon

Edited by kykeon (01/19/03 07:28 PM)

OfflineAnnoA
Experimenter
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: my room
Re: Should the Shroomery have an Other Drugs Forum? [Re: kykeon]
    #1232215 - 01/19/03 07:29 PM (21 years, 2 months ago)

>the creation of ODF could lead to hundreds of new posters,
>completely ignorant of MC, discussing about ecstacy pills and methadone.

LOL, the OD forum already exists....

http://www.shroomery.org/forums/postlist.php?Cat=&Board=Forum10

OfflineAnnoA
Experimenter
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #1232219 - 01/19/03 07:31 PM (21 years, 2 months ago)

I see you noticed it...

Offlinekykeon
Dead wishes

Loc: A universe right next to ...
Re: Should the Shroomery have an Other Drugs Forum? [Re: Anno]
    #1232236 - 01/19/03 07:43 PM (21 years, 2 months ago)

LOL

Anno you are always around :wink: btw, i know there is an OD forum, i failed to express the way i wanted. Greek wayz of speakin that cant be understood (in the way i write them) in English. So thats why i edited, to be understood by everyone. :smile:

--------------------
The living ghost of Kykeon

OfflineAnnoA
Experimenter
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #1232257 - 01/19/03 07:51 PM (21 years, 2 months ago)

KATALABA....

Offlinegee_bone
Seeker FromNature

#1232553 - 01/19/03 11:09 PM (21 years, 2 months ago)

Though this argument has much to do with reactionary measures and whether it is better to educate or leave in the dark.... I think two things:

1)This site is supposed to be about mushroom cultivation and enjoyment. I don't dabble in anything but shrooms and pot and like it that way. I really don't care for a forum on other drugs.

2)This site probably enjoys more DEA scrutiny as it deals with advising kids about using other drugs, harder and more insidious than shrooms.

My .02

--------------------
Dissidents are punished far more by themselves than by society.

Offlinegee_bone
Seeker FromNature

Re: Should the Shroomery have an Other Drugs Forum? [Re: gee_bone]
    #1232734 - 01/20/03 02:49 AM (21 years, 2 months ago)

example:
Drug smuggling info

Read this page posted last night and tell me that what the 'other drug forum' is:

a)somehow related to countering misinformation on mushrooms.

b)not going to increase DEA scrutiny of this site and its members.

I think its just a dumb idea. Sorry to double post on this issue, but I can't believe we flame someone for suggesting they deal mushrooms and allow a forum for this junk.

--------------------
Dissidents are punished far more by themselves than by society.

InvisibleMagash
Da Bud Guru
 User Gallery

Loc: Near Hilo
Trusted Cultivator
    #1233500 - 01/20/03 07:50 AM (21 years, 2 months ago)

I use the od forum to help people who want to grow their own herb. Maby there could be a forum for poeple who want to help other shroomery members who are interested in growing other psychoactive plants and fungi.
I don't know maby it would get rid of all the man made powder, pill, and rock shit from the posts.

--------------------
All creatures tremble when faced with violence. All creatures fear death, all love life. If we can only see ourselves in others, then how could we possibly hurt another creature?

:growingweed: Join us at the Growery! :growingweed:

OfflineOn_the_Down-Low
Polyfil-ophile-Say it 3 timesfast.

#1233512 - 01/20/03 07:54 AM (21 years, 2 months ago)

1. It's shroomery.com. not "all drugs and dumb shit kids do .com"
2. There are other (possibly better) sources for that info on the net.
3. I don't need a bunh of club kids bring extra scrutiny to my activities.
4. OTD is bad enuf. Don't waste the bandwidth on 'em.

InvisibleSixCee
keep rolling
Male

Loc: US, Chicago
Re: Should the Shroomery have an Other Drugs Forum? [Re: On_the_Down-Low]
    #1233559 - 01/20/03 08:30 AM (21 years, 2 months ago)

I strongly agree that it should stay.

--------------------
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
-->The above statements may or not be true.
->Quote of the Moment :
"Yea. All bitches are whores who love sex." -Cubie
----> PMs checked daily.

Offlinethe spiral
Neuroscientist
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Should the Shroomery have an Other Drugs Forum? [Re: SixCee]
    #1234060 - 01/20/03 11:14 AM (21 years, 2 months ago)

i too believe that it should stay.
nothing is illegal to know.

--------------------

"A celibate clergy is an especially good idea, because it tends to suppress any hereditary propensity toward fanaticism." - Carl Sagan

Edited by the spiral (01/20/03 11:14 AM)

InvisiblePsiloKitten
Ganja Goddess

Re: Should the Shroomery have an Other Drugs Forum? [Re: Magash]
    #1234153 - 01/20/03 11:54 AM (21 years, 2 months ago)

Magash,

We do have an ethnobotanical garden forum too..

So all drugs like, salvia, san pedro, etc can be discussed there and any of the opiates, meth, crack, etc can still be asked about in OTD cause the fact is, they are off off topic.

--------------------

Anonymous

#1234173 - 01/20/03 12:05 PM (21 years, 2 months ago)

Perhaps we could change it to an 'Other Entheogens' forum.

I like OD, but there is a LOT of bs thats being spread over there at times.

OfflineShdwstr
FSRCanada
Male

Loc: Ontario, Canada
Re: Should the Shroomery have an Other Drugs Forum? [Re: PsiloKitten]
    #1234251 - 01/20/03 12:38 PM (21 years, 2 months ago)

What purpose would it serve to close the OD forum and still allow the posting of harder drug questions in OTD?

From what I have read about Rippers demise, it was not anything to do with the forums (OD), but more the chat on #Shroomery and the comments of a few irresponsible people who may have had some influence on Rippers already impaired judgement and state of mind.
If anything should be done, I think the ops in #Shroomery should be chosen by the admins for their compassion and their ability to clean up the channel. I've been on the IRC for a lot of years, and know how much good ops can avoid channel problems. Perhaps the Question should be...
If we can't make the Shroomery Chat room safe... Should it remain?

Brandons passing is tragic, but hopefully someone will learn from it and their life will be spared.
If your taking a drug or combination of drugs that can kill you if you Overdose... your taking the WRONG drug.

Shdwstr

InvisiblePsiloKitten
Ganja Goddess

Re: Should the Shroomery have an Other Drugs Forum? [Re: Shdwstr]
    #1234404 - 01/20/03 02:25 PM (21 years, 2 months ago)

God, I wish I would have waited a month to post this and choosen my words more carefully from the get go.  That's what no sleep after spending 24 hours perusing the od forum will do.  Im not saying my impetus for this was not ripper. 

Shdwstr,  that is also a fantastic point, which I tried to address initially as well... but, wow was that one going the wrong way!  I had to pick my battles and thought there might need to be some more thought put into that one as it was all emotion. That's why you are pissing me off so much when people say this is reactionary or because of rippers death.. define "because" :smile:  I know Im all over the place and emotional in these threads.. dont miss the point because of my emotions!  My failure in not rambling or splintering off because Im a pothead, should not derail the point! :smile:

I am saying that it is nessecary to do and should have been pushed sooner.  I am remiss on not pushing this sooner.  It has always been an issue, but it has been ignored because people outside of od users... which very often people who do shrooms dont use oxycotin and such... dont go to the forum.  My solution was simply to get paranoid and just not even post on this board about anything related to growing... even under another name for legal reasons spurned by not only the od forum, but also related to it.  That was not a solution.  That was giving up.

You ask about why having it inquired about in OTD is any better, I dont really think it has anything to do with mushrooms so Id rather not have it there either.. but I cant really advocate censorship in that manner as it would be a losing battle.

I honestly think it will help with the kids that come here, looking for mushrooms cause they get them "fuct" up and find things like some of the links I posted in the threads that Thor referenced...

Even that it is safe to  take 20 seeds of datura is questionable and I have to think that if the poster had put it in the entheobotanical garden they would have gotten a better answer then in OD.  That post should have been moved to the entheogen forum as od users really dont seem to have alot of experience with things of that "nature".

I hate to remind, but it's just that.. shrooms are about nature and life and death cycles and spirituality, atleast that is what I thought... maybe Im wrong.  Maybe that isnt what they are about to people anymore.  And if that is the case, I  think we have enough to handle trying to help people  to understand the seriousness of psychedelics.. much less the other stuff

In OTD, they could still get their issues addressed if nessecary, but they could also use the wealth of information that is in the current forum (after modified in some areas) and SEARCH it.  Then, the whole forum wouldnt be about OD and would be less inclined to hold posts like the ones I linked in the original poll thread.  Im not doing it here, since everyone seems to be discrediting this because I only focus on the "negative" 

But a whole forum of "I took x, y and z and lived"....  It just seems too reckless considering the current info we have on other drugs or lack there of.  Also, I think that atleast in otd we have a very broad cross section of psychonauts who maybe view other drugs in a broader sense then being embroiled in it.

Thanks   

--------------------

Edited by PsiloKitten (01/20/03 05:14 PM)

InvisiblePapaverS
Madmin Emeritus?

Loc: Radio Free Tibet!
Re: Should the Shroomery have an Other Drugs Forum? [Re: PsiloKitten]
    #1235159 - 01/20/03 09:08 PM (21 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

That's why you are pissing me off so much when people say this is reactionary or because of rippers death..

It?s not reactionary because of Ripper?s death. It?s reactionary because you want to return to an idyllic, never-never-land, of the past that never was, via methods including a neo-conservative repression of free speech based on your own personal morality, as opposed to a civil-libertarian free-market of ideas.

Main Entry: re?ac?tion?ary
Pronunciation: rE-'ak-sh&-"ner-E
Function: adjective
Date: 1840
: relating to, marked by, or favoring reaction; especially : ultraconservative in politics

Quote:

I am saying that it is necessary to do and should have been pushed sooner. I am remiss on not pushing this sooner. It has always been an issue

^^^^^ case and point...

Match, and game... :wink:

I don't disagree with your concerns and passions -- it's just that I deplore your methodologies... :crazy:

To everyone else: Sorry, I said to myself, that I wasn?t going to tag these threads anymore, but this one was too tempting. I will go away now, and resume my Mod duties. Go back to your cultivation concerns... :laugh:

--------------------

Edited by papaver (01/20/03 09:11 PM)

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds