Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomMan Mycology
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Anonymous

Selling Mushrooms
    #1230954 - 01/19/03 09:49 AM (21 years, 2 months ago)

I'm posting this here because it is somewhat of an ethical question. There seems to be a strong sentiment in this community against selling mushrooms. Is it because it is unethical? or foolish? I think that selling mushrooms to make money is being a greedy sheister for taking advantage of the black market-jacked prices of our sacrement. I think that selling to people you know so that they can have mushrooms and you can get back the money you spent on growing is just fine. There's a difference. It's probably a good way to get caught, selling alot of mushrooms, so i guess that's why people think it's stupid. Your thoughts on selling mushrooms?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineSombie
Moonrock eater

Loc: Stafford, Virginia
Re: Selling Mushrooms [Re: ]
    #1230963 - 01/19/03 09:51 AM (21 years, 2 months ago)

I say spreding the shroom is a good thing.

trust me, i would do alot to buy some shrooms right now, i wish there were more dealers around here!

--------------------
"America... just a nation of two hundred million used car salesmen with all the money we need to buy guns and no qualms about killing anybody else in the world who tries to make us uncomfortable." - Hunter S Thompson

Check out Agio

Follow my NFL Blog

OfflineSnuffelzFurever
Psychonaut

Loc: Miami, florida
    #1230992 - 01/19/03 10:06 AM (21 years, 2 months ago)

i sold for a while, until these kids i was selling too tried to be slick about stealin me mushrooms. they took 180 dollars worth. i dont care tho. cuz its only money. and karma fukt up over the next day, when they're mom caught them. of course, they told her i sold em to them, and she called my parents, but i talked my way out of death, lol.
anywho, i realize my mistake in selling mushrooms. i was doing it because i needed money to do them myself. but i was helping others abuse them. once, my friend owed me 190 dollars, and his dad had to talk with me. the father gave me the 190 dollars, cuz my friend couldnt pay it (his dad kept all money he was getting). i promised his dad that i would stop selling, cuz i realized it could fuk people up. and it can. so i'm only going to give it to people who know wtf they are doing :-)

anywho, i just think people who sell tend to just want money out of it, and dont give a shit what happens to you. but i did care about my friends. which is why i'm not selling to those superficial cunts who just want to get fucked up...

and to rant, just the other night, i was tripping in a dark room to shpongle, and my spirit was so perfect. i was just smiling. my friend was like, "wow, yer fukt up..." it didnt bother me at the time, but now i realize how fucked up peoples perception of things are. eh well. smiles for all :-)

--------------------
"I think it's time we stop
Children, What's the sound,
Everybody look what's going down"

OfflineMAIA
World-BridgerKartikeya (DftS)
Male User Gallery

Loc: Erra - 20 Tauri - M45 Sta...
    #1231026 - 01/19/03 10:22 AM (21 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Is it because it is unethical? or foolish?

It's because it would make this site a point of sale of ilegal substances, anyone presenting himself as a seller is stating he's involved in drug trafic business.
My personal view, i don't give a fuck, the cops and the law does, so i got to come with something between this two lines.

MAIA

--------------------
Spiritual being, living a human experience ... The Shroomery Mandala

Use, do not abuse; neither abstinence nor excess ever renders man happy.
Voltaire

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Loc: In the hen house
    #1231115 - 01/19/03 11:19 AM (21 years, 2 months ago)

Legality issues aside, there is nothing wrong with trading money for services or goods. Food is much more sacred (can't trip if you have starved to death), yet no one has a problem with that.

--------------------

The proof is in the pudding.

OfflineMitchnast
Toadmonger
Male User Gallery

Loc: Okanagan
Re: Selling Mushrooms [Re: Swami]
    #1231137 - 01/19/03 11:33 AM (21 years, 2 months ago)

selling anything illigal sucks. the first person you meet will rip you off unless you have a big scaryu friend or friends that are loyal and dangerous.

rule#1 NEVER front to ANYBODY that you couldnt also beat unconsious with little consequence.

one of the BIGGEST pet peaves ive ever had is getting called by somebody and getting there and finding out they wont have money till a few days.... usually i tell them to please not waste my time again and they never do.
wich is great because i dont like selling mushrooms to anyone who doesnt know respect.
ill get all kinds of people who want to get all fucked up and buzzed. and if i refuse to sell them mushrooms they will yell at me like im there fucking parent.
i can sell to whomever i want and thats that.
if i dont like you, you get nothing. im not your parent. im the real world that your parent tried to tell you about.

anyway, i havent sold mushrooms in quite a while :smile:
too busy to grow them.

OfflineDogomush
Barbless Aryan

Loc: The Canadian west coast
    #1231191 - 01/19/03 11:57 AM (21 years, 2 months ago)

I guess the argument I use against selling drugs is that it exploits retarded drug laws that ruin people's lives, and that's a shitty way to make money. But sometimes I wonder what I'd do if I could sell 3 ounces of my homegrown mushrooms in one bang and get a few hundred bucks for it. It would be pretty tempting, but then that situation would never come up because I only tell a very select few that I grow myself mushrooms and make sure that they're trustworthy to not tell others. Also, I've never had 3 ounces all at once cause I only grow for myself so.. yeah, enough rambling.

Swami's got a good point what he's saying is kinda true. The difference is that when you sell food you are getting a more realistic amount of money for your work. Cubensis in the supermarket would be less than shitakes. But then I guess if you are selling them you are getting paid for the risk... hmmm

Well I guess if I got into selling mushrooms as a serious business then it would be in my interest to keep people in the dark about how to grow their own. I would want to promote ignorance around the subject of mushrooms in general. Yeah, THAT's why I think selling mushrooms is bad news. Basically capitalism SUCKS.

Right now I'm trying to show my friends who have eaten my mushrooms how easy it is to grow their own. When my friends get their first big flushes thanks to my help I think that will be a more rewarding moment than when I sell some for a wad of cash.

Offlinesoylent_green
The greatEnitsuj
Female

Loc: Ontario
Re: Selling Mushrooms [Re: Dogomush]
    #1231236 - 01/19/03 12:19 PM (21 years, 2 months ago)

i have to admit, i buy mushrroms, and i buy in bluk.
an qp around here is $500. my "dealer" only deals weed, cause not a lot of people trip around here, so i get him to pick me up a qp, for personal use. i give him a 1/2oz, and the rest, i give to my friends, i don't make them pay for them, unless they want an oz or somethig, for there personal use. but if we're all chillin, and we decided to trip, i'll just give them what they want. money isn't a factor to me, i am going to start growing soon, but untill then, i will continue to buy them. and i'm sure we have all bought mush at some point or another, so i dont' really see it as that bad of a thing. i mean, it's only money right?

--------------------
What fun is it in Nirvana while other beings are suffering?

OfflineBaby_Hitler
Errorist
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: To the limit!
Re: Selling Mushrooms [Re: Swami]
    #1231265 - 01/19/03 12:30 PM (21 years, 2 months ago)

With illegal substances, you're not really paying for product.

I don't think it's unethical at all to sell shrooms. Some people here get a little uppity about it, but it seems a bit silly to me.

Just remember, you're not providing a product so much as a service.

You'd be in the business of taking risk.

--------------------
This space for rent

Invisibleblahblahblah
Mad Scientist

Loc: South America
    #1231529 - 01/19/03 02:59 PM (21 years, 2 months ago)

Very good posts everyone.

I feel that selling mushrooms isn't a nessicarily bad thing. Most of the time when I sell it is because I have gotten a flush and taken prints and decided not to try any. Selling mushrooms for outrageous prices is wrong IMO. I have talked to people that have paid $40 an 1/8th which is ridiculous. $30 is the most I should ever be charged for an 1/8, unless they are Pan.Cyans or wood lovers or something. For me if it is a friend, close friend, friend of a close friend it is $20 an 1/8, if it is just someone that someone knows then I feel that $30 is more appropriate because I am taking more of a risk with someone new. I usually only sell in small quantities < 1 oz unless I am really tight on cash. I try to hook people up when I can, use the money to advance my setup or to buy supplies(food too :wink: )
If you grow and you want to sell, cool, just dont get greedy. Dont grow just to sell them. Try and hook it up by throwing in something special, like a few more grams or some good advice to a newbie. Try and educate people about mushrooms when you can and try and get them interested in growing so they can experience the joys of fungi.

:smirk:

Edited by blahblahblah (01/19/03 03:07 PM)

OfflineMurex
Reality Hacker

Loc: Traped in a shell.
    #1231585 - 01/19/03 03:36 PM (21 years, 2 months ago)

I say spreding the shroom is a good thing.

I second that!  :wink:

If I were to sell shrooms, I would tell the people I sell to that they are a spiritual sacrament that should be used properly. And if they are morons who just want to get fucked up, I wouldn't sell any to them.

--------------------
What if everything around you
Isn't quite as it seems?
What if all the world you think you know,
Is an elaborate dream?
And if you look at your reflection,
Is it all you want it to be?

Offlinenubious
1up on the rest

Loc: Canada
Re: Selling Mushrooms [Re: ] * 1
    #1231644 - 01/19/03 04:05 PM (21 years, 2 months ago)

Wouldn't it be sweet if instead of passing out that styrofoam tasting bread shit at church they handed out 1 gram of good quality mushrooms?  I'd go to church then. :laugh:

--------------------
No one knows the worth of innocence till he knows it is gone forever, and that money can't buy it back. Not the saint, but the sinner that repenteth, is he to whom the full length and breadth, and height and depth, of life's meaning is revealed. Good and evil loose all objective meaning and are seen as equally necessary and contrasting elements in the masterpiece that is the universe.

OfflineEarth Shaman
Earth Lover

Re: Selling Mushrooms [Re: nubious]
    #1231672 - 01/19/03 04:14 PM (21 years, 2 months ago)

Depends on whose church you're going to.  :wink: 

--------------------
Walk in Beauty,
The Green Earth Shaman

"Whatever you take from Mother Earth, replace it, because nothing is for nothing."
-Native American Proverb

Anonymous

#1232269 - 01/19/03 07:59 PM (21 years, 2 months ago)

Ethically/morally I honestly don't think there's anything wrong with it, as long as you aren't selling them to kids or anything faulty like that.

Risky maybe, depending on the situation. Flat out wrong I think is a stretch.

OfflinePsilocybeingzz
Male User Gallery

Loc: International waters
Re: Selling Mushrooms [Re: nubious]
    #1232414 - 01/19/03 09:17 PM (21 years, 2 months ago)

well here wher I am they go for 5$ a gram so who ripping who off??

I thought i would never sell them but know I might sell alittle
I dont need to worry about being greedy I dont own a car , eat fast food, or bad meat(just organic chicken and eggs tofueetc etcetc)
I give to the homless and I try to push social change through street media(posters)

so selling a couple shrooms to help pay for photocopies and food and maybe coffee for a friend , guitar strings .......I dont mind

--------------------

OfflineHamurabi
the babylonianleader..

Loc: Greece
Re: Selling Mushrooms [Re: Psilocybeingzz]
    #1232639 - 01/20/03 12:52 AM (21 years, 2 months ago)

personally i am against selling shrooms! even when i did my very first harvest which we just a few grams i gave the half of them free to a friend! and all the time i give them free to friends!
i will NEVER make money from these sacred babies

OfflineGrav
 User Gallery

Re: Selling Mushrooms [Re: Hamurabi]
    #1232658 - 01/20/03 01:22 AM (21 years, 2 months ago)

Yea I guess it depends on how badly you need the money.
Who am I to say that you shouldn't be making a profit from a risky business?
I mean there are lines to draw, (like over 40$ for an 8th is robbery imo) I have no problem paying 40$ when they are damn hard to get.

I dont think sacridity really enters into this aspect of mushrooms.... If you have greedy intentions, you're going to feel bad about it, if you have good intentions you're gonna feel all warm and fuzzy. That's about as black & white as I see it.

Offlineganjababy
Stranger

Re: Selling Mushrooms [Re: Grav]
    #12914654 - 07/18/10 08:46 AM (13 years, 8 months ago)

to all you folks who think selling is wrong, you'll change your tune once you're making thousands of dollars a month.
It sounds like you guys simply don't know the right people,  find one or two dealers and get them to do the dirty work for you.

Offlinebillycorgan55
Stranger

Re: Selling Mushrooms [Re: Anonymous]
    #12914687 - 07/18/10 08:59 AM (13 years, 8 months ago)

It's against the law...DON'T DO IT.

--------------------
OM MADNE PADME OBIWAN LUKE HUM....

OfflineTheif
Smacking slapping in my 500
Male

Loc: vegas Flag
Re: Selling Mushrooms [Re: blahblahblah]
    #16340842 - 06/06/12 12:10 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

If i am selling shrooms, why the FUCK would i try and teach everyone to grow them themselves. Lol, sounds pretty retarded.

And yes like he said up there

Talk to your drug dealers, friends or whoever you no dealn and just put them on deck XD

Then , you sit around do nothing all day and have constant money coming to you for free pretty much

--------------------
Girls have unique powers; They get wet without water, Bleed without injury, and make boneless things hard.

Edited by Theif (06/06/12 12:11 PM)

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract