Home | Community | Message Board

Out-Grow.com - Mushroom Growing Kits & Supplies
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinebubkuss
pioneer of theunknown
what would be your weirdest trip scenario??
    #1230890 - 01/19/03 11:03 AM (13 years, 10 months ago)

I think one of the weirdest i can imagine is scuba diving, cos its like entering a whole new world without drugs. I would imagine it to be pretty scary though.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineAnnomM
※※※※※※
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Europe
Re: what would be your weirdest trip scenario?? [Re: bubkuss]
    #1230899 - 01/19/03 11:11 AM (13 years, 10 months ago)

walking on the moon........  :cool:

Offlinebubkuss
pioneer of theunknown
Re: what would be your weirdest trip scenario?? [Re: Annom]
    #1230905 - 01/19/03 11:13 AM (13 years, 10 months ago)

yer that was another one of mine, but since its not very feasible i didnt put it in.

hang-gliding would be weird too.

Offlinejuicemonkey
Stranger
Loc: BC
    #1230960 - 01/19/03 11:51 AM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Yeah, anything in outer space while tripping would be wild.  It is feasible, if you have the money.  If I win the lottery...I know what I"m going to do :wink:

scuba diving would also be intense, but scuba diving is actually quite dangerous.  Lots of stuff involved.  It would be very very easy for something to go wrong while tripping.  But, if you have good people around you, and everyone knows that your taking a mind altering substance, It would be very cool.

I'm not a big fan of water anyway.  So I wouldn't do it

Skydiving or anything like that, while tripping, would very intense.  I would love to do that one day

--------------------
I saw my mind do warp 10, hit the brakes, put it in reverse and back all over me

Invisiblepoke smot!
floccinocci floofinator
Male

Re: what would be your weirdest trip scenario?? *DELETED* [Re: juicemonkey]
    #1231043 - 01/19/03 12:29 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Post deleted by poke smot!

Reason for deletion: x

Offlineforevadazin
It's so easy toslip
Re: what would be your weirdest trip scenario?? [Re: poke smot!]
    #1231070 - 01/19/03 12:42 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

I went snowboarding on a 2.5 gram dose of cubies..It was interesting and scary...only took a couple of runs since it was night and very cold..then i just partied the rest of the night. hehe

Offlinec0ma
the pimp

Re: what would be your weirdest trip scenario?? [Re: forevadazin]
    #1231474 - 01/19/03 04:30 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

spending the night in the forest and watch the sunset and a rise aswell, try to understand nature and become independet for a while.. maybe understandning our world better, but not relating to humans but nature and things that haven't been touched by humans...

OfflineCeeEssGee
Canadian-American

Loc: Toronto, Ontario
    #1233935 - 01/20/03 12:29 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

"I think one of the weirdest i can imagine is scuba diving, cos its like entering a whole new world without drugs. I would imagine it to be pretty scary though."

I am a diver, nearly an instructor (I just turned the 18 a while ago, and it takes a while to get divemaster, then instructor), and I am well in to the technical portion of it. If anyone is fucking stupid enough to imbibe any drugs before diving, then they should go without a buddy, so they don't drag them down with them. Why?

1. Decompression sickness. The risk on an average dive is minimal, given, however, you must pay close attention to time, and depth. There is significant risk for error while in a drugged state.

2. Nitrogen Narcosis. Every diver has their Narc stories past around 70 feet. The nitrogen affects the brain in a very odd way, and the diver can begin to feel extremely high. A lot of people are affected by it, but do not know it, as is evident when comparing simple mathematical questions between the surface and, say, at about 100 feet.

3. Emergency Procedures. I don't think I even need to say anything here.

4. Oxygen Deprivation. This is the most minor of all concerns, however, it is still there. If the drug you are planning on taking is smoked, then you are at more risk for many possible underwater breathing complication, as well as decompression sickness (see 1).

This isn't meant as an insult to your initial thread; I understand it was entirely theoretical, and you even pointed out it would be too weird to handle, but I *need* to post this, if anyone actually is considering putting that plan in to action.

DO NOT Scuba dive while intoxicated, in any way. If you really feel the need to, do it in a damn pool at least!

--------------------
Why, sirrah, why may a caudled fillhorse be deemed the brother to a hiren candle in the night? Withal, because a candle may be greased, yet a fillhorse be without a fat argier!

InvisibleTinMan
Stranger

Loc: Russia
    #1233945 - 01/20/03 12:35 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Skydiving...

Offlinecelestialtripper
Test Pilot
Male User Gallery

Re: what would be your weirdest trip scenario?? [Re: c0ma]
    #1233986 - 01/20/03 12:49 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

spending the night in the forest and watch the sunset and a rise aswell, try to understand nature and become independet for a while.. maybe understandning our world better, but not relating to humans but nature and things that haven't been touched by humans...

ditto. although ive had a bad experience with forests at night. if your just going to camp out in the forest at night its great but if you decide to venture out into the wilderness behind every branch can be a bad trip waiting to happen. maybe my 4th or 5th trip i did this, took a stroll through a forest with a friend, who was also tripping. it was very dark and after what seemed like maybe 25-30mins later we were completely lost. we started to panic a little but then got ahold of ourselves when we realized there were worse places to be lost in while tripping and that the forest we were in wasnt actually that big. we ended up walking around for awhile longer enjoying ourselves, it felt like a giant maze and eventually we found our way out. so a word to the wise, forests are great to wander around in during the day, but if its at night either make sure you have a light source and know where your going or just set up camp somewhere and dont wander off too far.

OfflineCeeEssGee
Canadian-American

Loc: Toronto, Ontario
    #1234555 - 01/20/03 05:20 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Now that I've quashed the underwater theory (or at least, I hope), I'd like to add a realistic, safe, but very weird trip scenario.

I'm a huge fan of video games, my favorite being the Silent Hill series. I'm sure that anyone who has played that series understands how incredibly scary it would be to play this game on shrooms. Most likely, I would have a MI at the part where Mary whispers "James" on the 3rd floor of the Lakeview hotel.

--------------------
Why, sirrah, why may a caudled fillhorse be deemed the brother to a hiren candle in the night? Withal, because a candle may be greased, yet a fillhorse be without a fat argier!

Offlinebubkuss
pioneer of theunknown
Re: what would be your weirdest trip scenario?? [Re: CeeEssGee]
    #1236212 - 01/21/03 10:39 AM (13 years, 10 months ago)

yer i wasnt suggesting doing that or anything, you would have to be pretty stupid to do so, but still it would be weird as fuck.

Offlinejuicemonkey
Stranger
Loc: BC
Re: what would be your weirdest trip scenario?? [Re: CeeEssGee]
    #1236529 - 01/21/03 12:08 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Yeah I agree totally.

BUT...it can be done. People have done it before. And it has been absoulutely mind blowing supposedly.

I for one think it is stupid. It's just a higher risk for somethign to happen. And it shouldn't be done, but hey, there's people out there that are going to do it.

I think going to a huge waterslide park while on acid or mush would be intense. Imagine going down an insane waterslide...haha. I WILL try that once in my life.

--------------------
I saw my mind do warp 10, hit the brakes, put it in reverse and back all over me

OfflineStrumpling
Neuronaut
Loc: Hyperspace
    #1236733 - 01/21/03 01:24 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

My weirdest trip-scenario would be in space.

--------------------
Insert an "I think" mentally in front of eveything I say that seems sketchy, because I certainly don't KNOW much. Also; feel free to yell at me.
In addition: SHPONGLE

Offlinemikey_
SURFING ON SINEWAVES
Male

Loc: Liverpool
Re: what would be your weirdest trip scenario?? [Re: Strumpling]
    #1238045 - 01/21/03 09:57 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

i hold a scuba diving license and although it would be awesome theres too much stuff to worry about.
snorkelling on the other hand might be feasible, with a buddy.

--------------------
The poison is the dose - Paracelsus
Let your food be medicine and your medicine be food - Hippocrates

OfflineAnnomM
※※※※※※
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Europe
Re: what would be your weirdest trip scenario?? [Re: mikey_]
    #1238061 - 01/21/03 10:08 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

I don't think i would be able to breathe through a snorkel while tripping without inhaling some water  :frown: 

Edited by Annom (01/21/03 10:09 PM)

OfflineDogomush
Barbless Aryan

Loc: The Canadian west coast
Re: what would be your weirdest trip scenario?? [Re: mikey_]
    #1238062 - 01/21/03 10:10 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Man I'd be stoked to scuba on mushrooms. Probably not while I was peaking but it wouldn't be so dangerous. In somewhere like Utila in Honduras, where I did my diving there are plenty of cool fish and coral critters to check out within 10 feet deep. That's pretty safe. Lots of people smoke weed before diving in Honduras, that's f'sure.

OfflineDr. Slavic
enthusiast
    #1238111 - 01/21/03 10:57 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Someone give me a shit load of acid, scuba gear and an ocean and I will gladly dive while tripping fucking balls. It would be fun not dangerous. I can do anything on any amount of acid that I can do sober(maybe a slight exaggeration). I'm one of those people who feels that acid actually improves my physical activities. I know I can lift more weight on acid and things that normally scare me have no effect while tripping. It seems most of you just about piss your pants thinking about tripping(many of the people on this site get anxiety from tripping for some reason unknown to me). Anyway go into your padded rooms you scared bastards you might hurt yourself having fun!!! J/K

"Don't avoid death by avoiding life"
The Great Slavic

Offline_MarsBars_
Punkin' Shroomer

Loc: Norway
Re: what would be your weirdest trip scenario?? [Re: Dr. Slavic]
    #1238194 - 01/22/03 01:52 AM (13 years, 10 months ago)

WHen I trip it feels like someone took away my skull and my brain is in the open, sensitive as fuck and anything could trigger any response to my brain.  I would refrain from something scary as much as possible.  Weirdest Scenario? On Ricki Lake and your girl tells you she's a man!  :laugh:
He he, but seriously I wouldnt waste shrooms on something that could be dangerous, when the forest is the best, the most ultimate place...and I live on the other side of the road from a nice medium size forest... 

--------------------
Dont take drugs to get fucked up, take psychedelics to learn...

OfflineEvilGir
Im the on coming storm

Loc: Planet Irk
Re: what would be your weirdest trip scenario?? [Re: _MarsBars_]
    #1238223 - 01/22/03 02:24 AM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Ok how about a sky diveing into a pot-hole cave that goes a few miles down and then continuoe the journy in a pot-holeing adventure. Super weird you will be in the sky then deep under ground adventure totaly alice in wonderland. :grin:

--------------------
Fighting the man the best way I can.

Edited by jezu (01/22/03 02:26 AM)

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience