Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
InvisibleWorld Spirit
PNW
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Ripper's death should wake up the leaders here
    #1230451 - 01/19/03 05:22 AM (21 years, 2 months ago)

Deleted by admin

Edited by Enter (01/19/03 05:25 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleWorld Spirit
PNW
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Ripper's death should wake up the leaders here [Re: World Spirit]
    #1230478 - 01/19/03 05:36 AM (21 years, 2 months ago)

Deleted by admin

InvisiblePapaverS
Madmin Emeritus?

Loc: Radio Free Tibet!
    #1230814 - 01/19/03 08:22 AM (21 years, 2 months ago)

Those are good points and concerns, and I agree with them. This is one of the reasons I originally wanted to be a Mod for the Other Drugs forum, and one of the reasons I post in that forum.

I think we can all make this site better, and safer, by actively contributing and sharing our knowledge and experiences. I, personally, have felt distracted from what some of my earlier goals were, and recent sad events have gotten me back on track. I guess my own, personal, response to this is issue will be to post more and share the knowledge I have...

--------------------

InvisibleThorA
Anti-Theist OVERLORD
Male User Gallery

Loc: Iceland
    #1230977 - 01/19/03 09:59 AM (21 years, 2 months ago)

Ripper is not the first person to lose their life over drugs in this world. He's not even the first one who lost his life who knew at least the suggested limit on dosage for the medicine he took.

We can do better, but we are at the mercy of so many things that we can make sure people are hearing the facts/warnings etc. But anyone who knows a person with a drug problem can tell you almost nothing you do or say will stop that addiction.. Its usually when a person hits rock bottom that they realize "wow, I really need help"...

I've been concerned with this issue since I first got involved in using mushrooms many years ago. I'm very carefull about the things I put in my body, but I see through people I've met in real life and online that some people just seem to want to try any drug they can, and that many just throw common sense into the wind when using drugs.

What you don't know enter is that his friends in real life and myself/others online had talked to ripper about his drug use and how we felt it was a problem.. Nothing his friends did worked, and nothing we at the shroomery did/or did not do would have changed his fate.

I know the most common tendancy when someone dies is to place blame, but everyone is missing the true guilty party here; the drugs!.

InvisiblePapaverS
Madmin Emeritus?

Loc: Radio Free Tibet!
Re: Ripper's death should wake up the leaders here [Re: Thor]
    #1231038 - 01/19/03 10:28 AM (21 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

But anyone who knows a person with a drug problem can tell you almost nothing you do or say will stop that addiction.. Its usually when a person hits rock bottom that they realize "wow, I really need help"...

This is very true -- good point! :cool:

People with a drug or alcohol problem will generally not listen until they hit their personal "rock bottom." It is a sad fact of the psychology of addiction, which sadly is often also mixed up with other under-lying psychological problems. It is very hard to help someone in this situation, and I have learned through hard experience, that the best thing you can do is be there, and be consistent, but that is very hard, as anyone who?s every cared for a drug addict or alcoholic can tell you. :crazy:

--------------------

OfflineCrobih
rap-cord
Loc: cave
    #1231202 - 01/19/03 12:01 PM (21 years, 2 months ago)

thor. ignorance is the true guilty party. not drugs. but anyway....

InvisibleWorld Spirit
PNW
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #1231725 - 01/19/03 04:32 PM (21 years, 2 months ago)

Deleted by admin

Anonymous

#1234261 - 01/20/03 12:46 PM (21 years, 2 months ago)

- Post History Deleted Upon User's Request -

OfflineIamJewels
Ripper's Ex-GF
Loc: Phx, AZ
    #1275559 - 02/03/03 05:58 PM (21 years, 2 months ago)

I want to add that Ripper as you know him, or Brandon, had hit rock bottom many times. I wiped up his vomit, held him until he fell asleep, then told him he had to change his life if we were ever going to make a life together. He would, for a few days, or weeks, then go back to his old ways. Eventually it took all my energy just to keep him alive, and I couldn't do it anymore. I loved him, and doing so meant letting him go to get control of his life. I haven't talked to him in almost a year...I thought one day he would come knocking like he always did. I was wrong.

InvisibleSubGen1us

Re: Ripper's death should wake up the leaders here [Re: IamJewels]
    #1275665 - 02/03/03 06:36 PM (21 years, 2 months ago)

oh my. that hurts.
im sorry....

--------------------

Invisiblevivid
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Loc: Berkeley, California
Re: Ripper's death should wake up the leaders here [Re: SubGen1us]
    #1282929 - 02/05/03 05:41 PM (21 years, 2 months ago)

As important as rippers death is to our community, I dont see it as our responsibilty to inform people about all these drugs. People who get involved in script, reserach drugs usually know at least a little about what they are taking... doses etc. As much as I know ripper was a well known and respected member, I dont like seeing things change because of a irresponcible act by an individual that obviously knew better and made a personal, although unwise choice.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals