Home | Community | Message Board

High Mountain Compost
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Seeds Store buy cannabis seeds, Buy CBD   Amazon Coir, Oyster Shell, Peat, Perlite, Rye Grain, Vermiculite

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Anonymous

Pics of Setup Your thoughts???
    #1230804 - 01/19/03 10:16 AM (14 years, 10 months ago)

The following two pics are of the fruting chamber I have created. I would like everyones thoughts on it. The Setup: 20 gallon "wide style" glass aquarium, 1" perlite and vermiculite substrate, bubbler setup in a hurrican glass. The top is cover with a custom made glass piece, the tin foil is only cover up the 3" the glass does not. In the lower right hand corner I have a heating mat on timer. Don't quite know if I should do anything with it yet. I have a temp strip on the side as well as in the substrate. I am maintaining around 75-80. I have a large casing that I just put in this morning. The last shitty pic is a pic of a tuft of mycelium, I have these patches breaking through the soil in approx. 5 different places. They are very tall and stringy in apperance.

P.S. I think the reason the Shroom Wizard Tek may have worked is the soil I used. Of course I sterlized it, but it is 100% organic consisting of: screened worm castings, Canadian shpagnum peat moss blened with bat guano, bone meal, blood meal. algit kelp, langbeinite, oyster shell, as well as perlite and pumice. It was a bit more expensive than the coventional potting soil.

Any thoughts, comments, help greatly appreciated. :smile:

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineAnnoA
Experimenter
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: my room
Re: Pics of Setup Your thoughts??? [Re: ]
    #1230943 - 01/19/03 11:41 AM (14 years, 10 months ago)

I hope the casing won?t contaminate before you can harvest....

Adding bloodmeal to the casing material is not the best idea.

Offlinekykeon
Dead wishes

Loc: A universe right next to ...
Re: Pics of Setup Your thoughts??? [Re: ]
    #1232165 - 01/19/03 08:58 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

100% organic consisting of: screened worm castings, Canadian shpagnum peat moss blened with bat guano, bone meal, blood meal. algit kelp, langbeinite, oyster shell, as well as perlite and pumice

imho, use the simplest method possible. When you can use only rye grains and dung and case it with simple coco coir but still produce huge flushes and the shrooms are potent, i dont understand why someone should try to make things more difficult.

Apart from that, you have got there some bat guano, bone & blood meal... excuse me, but this is soooooooo disgusting. Psilocybe Cubensis loves grain. Not blood. :grin: 

--------------------
The living ghost of Kykeon

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: Original Seeds Store buy cannabis seeds, Buy CBD   Amazon Coir, Oyster Shell, Peat, Perlite, Rye Grain, Vermiculite

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation