Home | Community | Message Board

MagicBag Grow Bags
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineDogomush
Barbless Aryan

Loc: The Canadian west coast
Syrian Rue tripper's recipe list
    #1230515 - 01/19/03 05:51 AM (21 years, 2 months ago)

So what do you MAOI guys eat? I usually fast beforehand and when I'm coming down I always get the munchies, probably cause I always smoke weed at the end. White rice and Bragg's is pretty standard, because those are two safe things. Bragg's in case you don't know is a soy sauce that is unfermented, so it's a good all-purpose flavour to put on things. Anybody have anything creative they eat while tripping on syrian rue?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineDogomush
Barbless Aryan

Loc: The Canadian west coast
Re: Syrian Rue tripper's recipe list [Re: Dogomush]
    #1231199 - 01/19/03 12:00 PM (21 years, 2 months ago)

hmmm no replies does anyone out there enjoy syrian rue with mushrooms as much as I do? Or am I alone/

Offlinemisterblander
    #1366083 - 03/11/03 11:32 AM (21 years, 23 days ago)

Im trying get some or some other maoi. harder to get in canada

--------------------
Disclaimer: I am a fictional author. I may be delirious and have no idea what I am doing!

OfflineCockyMandrill
addict

Re: Syrian Rue tripper's recipe list [Re: misterblander]
    #1366314 - 03/11/03 12:56 PM (21 years, 23 days ago)

I'm so drained after that long trip that i just go to sleep, If i eat anything its candy like starbursts.

OfflineTheEggman
Mind-expandingStudent
Loc: Central California
Re: Syrian Rue tripper's recipe list [Re: CockyMandrill]
    #1366698 - 03/11/03 03:25 PM (21 years, 23 days ago)

Well I just received 2 ounces Syrian Rue seeds and have 5.3 grams P.cubenesis mushrooms, so I would enjoy any advice about how to approach this trip. I am thinking of fasting 18 hours beforehand (like ayahuasca) and then sleeping immediately afterward. (Don't eat dinner one day, dose at noon the next day, sleep at midnight that day.) How does this sound? I have only shroomed before, never used MAOIs as well.

Peace and love,
Tim.

--------------------
Peace and love,
Tim.

InvisibleXibalba
Stranger
Re: Syrian Rue tripper's recipe list [Re: TheEggman]
    #1366840 - 03/11/03 04:32 PM (21 years, 23 days ago)

Syrian Rue- I recently did a rue-only 'trip' to basically see what would happen, and what effects it has apart from that M. Hostilis or P. Cubensis. This was a non-extraction, I just stirred the powder into a glass of water and gulped it down; and kept taking a little bit more until I felt some solid effects. Basically- it was like a flu with tracers.
Eating the whole seeds will make you feel really bad.

You should boil it with water + something acidic, and filter it at least twice, then let everything settle out and pour off the liquid, also twice.
You'll lose some, but the seeds are cheap, start with an excess.

I think total fasting makes you more likely to puke because you're taking it on an empty stomach. Eat a piece of buttered bread or something shortly beforehand. But it -is- good to be thirsty, as you will absorb the rue tea faster.

You drink the harmala first, wait 45 minutes or so, then eat the mushrooms.

BTW don't eat more than half of those mushrooms unless you really know what you're doing. 2.1g had me hanging onto the floor trying not to fall off... It was quite good overall, but exhausting and intense.
There's no peak, it just keeps coming in waves for a good 7 hours,
and the trip is qualitatively different as well as just stronger.
5.3g + MAOI, I would imagine you're in for alien contact, time travel, OOBE / NDE stuff- have a friend there to make sure you don't do anything bad.

OfflineTheEggman
Mind-expandingStudent
Re: Syrian Rue tripper's recipe list [Re: Xibalba]
    #1371043 - 03/12/03 09:51 PM (21 years, 22 days ago)

I ended up taking 5.3 grams alone (because I couldn't find a coffee grinder to grind up the Syrian Rue seeds, and the one at Albertson's was out of order). But either way, today was a fun day! =)

Peace and love,
Tim.

--------------------
Peace and love,
Tim.

OfflinePassthedutchie
Stranger
    #1372072 - 03/13/03 07:51 AM (21 years, 21 days ago)

what are some common house hold maoi's? i want to take some to enhance my trip. when before i eat the shrooms should i take them?thx

peace

OfflineTheEggman
Mind-expandingStudent
Re: Syrian Rue tripper's recipe list [Re: Passthedutchie]
    #1373164 - 03/13/03 01:51 PM (21 years, 21 days ago)

go to www.erowid.org for information.

the three most popular MAOIs are P.harmala seeds, B.caapi root/stem bark, or Passion Flower. P.harmala seeds (aka Syrian Rue seeds) and B.caapi bark can be purchased online. Passion Flower could probably be purchased at a local health food store.

Peace and love,
Tim.

--------------------
Peace and love,
Tim.

InvisibleFloydster
journeyman
 User Gallery
    #1428107 - 04/04/03 05:42 AM (20 years, 11 months ago)

Rue should be made into goo. the goo recipe is easy and better than straight groung seeds. When the goo is reduced to almost nothing, it starts to get very thick and syrupy. If not cooked enough, it will be runny and hard to gelcap. If cooked too long, it will turn into a rock when cooled. Remove the (glass) pot off heat when it is between these stages. You can stir with a wood coffee stirrer and judge when it will cool to be a pliable putty consistency.

Although Braggs is not fermented, it does list tyrasine/tyramine on the list of aminos. (spelled tryosine though) Is this a different amino acid?
After simmering powdered mush into a tea (heat off), strain the mush and add a teaspoon/tablespoon of braggs for a decent broth. This was enjoyed by someone on rue goo, no adverse effects.

rice and braggs is good, a candy bar, some eggs, tea and honey, coffe beforehand, or a cup of hot cocoa.

Offlineisabellegoddess
Stranger
Re: Syrian Rue tripper's recipe list [Re: Floydster]
    #1548370 - 05/14/03 02:16 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

rue takes practice. i've had a deep relationship to it. it can be a hallucinogen in its own right. my general rue dose for a shroom trip is 2 grams of seeds. i grind the seeds completely (seeds that arent ground wont extract harmala). ive discovered that boiling is not necessary. i extract it in cold water, less then 50ml, shake it in a jar for a while, after much time i filter and repeat oncemore, the resulting liquid i drink in a few gulps and chase with some juice. simple and effective.
a dose that is hallucinogenic for me follows the exact same procedure except i use 5 grams of seeds. i find the effects to be raving with life, it reminds me very much of a living spiritworld that is decribed by people who use ayahuasca vine. i never have side effects, i keep my body clean. however rue combined with shrooms does bring slight nousea

OfflinePDU
travel kid vs.amerika
 User Gallery

Loc: beautiful BC
Re: Syrian Rue tripper's recipe list [Re: misterblander]
    #1548477 - 05/14/03 02:51 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

100g of syrian rue within canada for 33 dollars right here

--------------------
GO OUTSIDE.

OfflineDreamer987
The VerbalHerman Munster
Female

Loc: Texas
    #1549845 - 05/15/03 12:15 AM (20 years, 10 months ago)

I extracted 10 grams with lemon juice. I didn't have any nausea at all, but i ate it well before the shrooms just in case so i wouldn't puke.
Whenever you start to peak Load up a bowl with a ball of extract mixed with some weed for taste. BE SITTING DOWN. This sent me into a Salvia flashback for some reason.

--------------------

Offlinegnrm23
Carpal Tunnel
Loc: n. e. OH, USSA
Re: Syrian Rue tripper's recipe list [Re: PDU]
    #1550260 - 05/15/03 05:05 AM (20 years, 10 months ago)

i dunno aboot canadian sources, but if you search around, you can find syrian rue seeds for like $US 35 per kilogram...
do remember that harmine & harmaline are scheduled in canada, eh?
oh, and it is pretty easy to do decent solid extracts; white vinegar makes a good solvent, cooks down to nice solid acetate tar, and if you just add table salt to the hot vinegar extract & then cool, you will get a nice precipitate of fairly pure crude harmine/harmaline hydrochloride salts (full recipe around online, here, and at lycaeum, erowid, & elsewhere...)

--------------------
old enough to know better
not old enough to care

Edited by gnrm23 (05/15/03 05:10 AM)

OfflinePDU
travel kid vs.amerika
 User Gallery

Loc: beautiful BC
Re: Syrian Rue tripper's recipe list [Re: gnrm23]
    #1551236 - 05/15/03 01:30 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

I didnt know harmine or harmaline were scheduled here! Someone off these boards recommended that site to me, and ill try it when i have some cash to spare. This summer is going to be psychadelic to the fullest extent...i hope some Rue will help us along the way.

--------------------
GO OUTSIDE.

OfflineEkstaza
stranger than most
 User Gallery

Loc: Around the corner
Re: Syrian Rue tripper's recipe list [Re: PDU]
    #1552481 - 05/15/03 08:02 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

I know a place that sell Syrian Rue seeds for $15(US)/pound

PM me and I'll let you know what site it is. I haven't ordered there yet so I can't vouch for service.

Plus I already have like 120g that I got for about $15(US) from another place and I don't think I'll ever go through it all.

--------------------
YOUR EXPERIENCE WITH ANY GIVEN DRUG ISN'T THE DEFINITIVE MEASURE OF THE DRUGS EFFECTS.

OfflineBenJammin
From aPerpendicularUniverse
Loc: Western PA, USA
Re: Syrian Rue tripper's recipe list [Re: Xibalba]
    #1690127 - 07/06/03 01:04 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

I"m experienced with Mushrooms -- 7g's is where I start at and often take 15g's. Very spiritual, contact with entities, etc.

Just started to experiment with OTHER ethneogenics like Syrian Rue and Mimosa, Amitas, etc.

What are the "diferences" between Rue + 'Shrooms and what % of a person's normal dose would you suggest (ie: 50%, 25%, etc.)?

Have you ever tried Amanitas with PC 'Sroooms? I've done them seperatly and thought it might be like a "Reeses" combo (two great tastes...).

-BenJammin

--------------------
"Pain is the cracking of the shell that encloses understanding."

-Kahlil Gibran

OfflineJackal
Well Versed In Etiquette
 User Gallery

#1690143 - 07/06/03 01:14 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Fruit and cereals only, for 2 days before dosing.

--------------------

OfflineLOBO
Vagabond

Loc: NY
Re: Syrian Rue tripper's recipe list [Re: Jackal]
    #1692421 - 07/07/03 07:02 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

I make a simple extract with lemon and make small aspirin size balls.
The day I plan to trip I eat very little and avoid the foods recommended not to eat for 4 days. I take one rue ball 45 minutes before shrooms.
Rue has been a grate helper makes the hole shroom trip less edgy, smoother ,easier to handle (especially for high dosage trips) people say it doubles the effect, not in my case.
I like it so much that I always use both of them.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale