Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate, Injection Grain Bag   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlineerrorserror
explorer
Sterilization through boiling - Twice and time in between?
    #1228638 - 01/18/03 09:13 AM (21 years, 2 months ago)

Hi there,
This has probably been asked before but I have been searching and could not find a direct answer. Here is the situation: I have 12 jars which were boiled for an hour one thursday afternoon. Something came up and the jars could not be inoculated. If the jars were re-sterilized the following monday and then innoculated several hours later, would any problems arise? The jars will have been sitting, covered in tin foil in their original box during the span. Is it worth trying this or just remixing the substrate in new jars. I also have 1 jar of honey water under the same circumstances. Thanks for your help! J

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineFunker
Master of Funk
Loc: East Berlin
Re: Sterilization through boiling - Twice and time in between? [Re: errorserror]
    #1228740 - 01/18/03 09:54 AM (21 years, 2 months ago)

I dont know if resterilizing them would affect it, but I once prepared and sterilized the substrates one day and didnt innoculate until about a week or two later because I had no time. One jar did get contaminated but I think you should be ok, as long as nothing dried out, which i doubt.

OfflineISH
PsilocybianTranslationServices
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Planet Earth
Re: Sterilization through boiling - Twice and time in between? [Re: Funker]
    #1229724 - 01/18/03 05:41 PM (21 years, 2 months ago)

If it's been a week or more since sterelized, and there is no sign of infection, I wouldn't even resterelize them I would use them. By now if there were any contams evident, you would see them.

My 2 cents anyway.

ISH

--------------------
Join The Shroomery Folding @ Home Team!

I think of going to the grave without having a psychedelic experience, like going to the grave without having sex. It means that you never figured out what it was all about. The mystery is in the body, and the way the body works itself into nature.
- Terence McKenna, Archaic Revival

Offlineerrorserror
explorer
Re: Sterilization through boiling - Twice and time in between? [Re: ISH]
    #1230245 - 01/19/03 01:54 AM (21 years, 2 months ago)

Yeah, I unless there are contaminants in there that will take over, i cant imagine any problem, since theres nothing getting in there; the jars are tightly wrapped in foil. I have read that not everything is killed, especially when just boiling. We'll see. Anyone else have any input? Thanks guys for the help . J

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate, Injection Grain Bag   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags