Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Offlinelibertaire
liberator
Male

2010 Garden Plan
    #12275447 - 03/26/10 09:16 AM (14 years, 6 days ago)

Hello ladies and gents,

Just posting this as sort of a "grow log" if you will for my garden this year.  This will be my second year having a garden at this place.  The first year was a bit small, only taking up about a quarter of the amount of space I intend on using this year.  We'll see how it goes.  I don't technically live there, but my band mates and girlfriend do, so they don't mind if I dig up the yard to provide them with free food.  Here's the plan so far:

Against the house:

Various herbs
Poppies
Lettuce and other salad greens

In front of the lettuce and salad greens:

Three sisters garden -

Horizontal - Pumpkins/vining squash/watermelon
Vertical - Corn, Beans

In front of the poppies and herbs:

Cherry and regular tomatoes
4 varieties of eggplant
Peppers

Next to the shed:

Perennial flower mix and tall max snap dragons

Here's where I'm at so far:

Started tomato seeds from last years crop in jiffy seed starting mix.  They're pretty far along, will definitely be ready for the April 18th last frost date.  Just transplanted them from small cells to larger styrofoam cups.

Didn't get the eggplant seeds until yesterday, so they're a bit behind.  Starting them tomorrow, hopefully they'll be good to go outside in 3 weeks or so.  Same thing with the watermelon.

This is all sort of an experiment for me, so any experienced advice anyone could provide me with would be much appreciated.  I'll be posting pics as progress is made.  Thanks for reading!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblekoraks
Re: 2010 Garden Plan [Re: libertaire]
    #12275523 - 03/26/10 09:32 AM (14 years, 6 days ago)

Sounds good, keep us updated :thumbup: I wish I had me a little garden, but I have to make do with a balcony. I did however start some tomatoes and poppies a few weeks ago, along with some chillies, basil and some lettuce, but the latter two will remain in small pots in the kitchen.

InvisibleLunarEclipse
Enlil's Official Story
Male User Gallery

Loc: Building 7
Re: 2010 Garden Plan [Re: libertaire]
    #12279163 - 03/26/10 07:56 PM (14 years, 5 days ago)

Quote:

koraks said:
Sounds good, keep us updated :thumbup: I wish I had me a little garden, but I have to make do with a balcony. I did however start some tomatoes and poppies a few weeks ago, along with some chillies, basil and some lettuce, but the latter two will remain in small pots in the kitchen.

Quote:

libertaire said:
Hello ladies and gents,

Just posting this as sort of a "grow log" if you will for my garden this year.  This will be my second year having a garden at this place.  The first year was a bit small, only taking up about a quarter of the amount of space I intend on using this year.  We'll see how it goes.  I don't technically live there, but my band mates and girlfriend do, so they don't mind if I dig up the yard to provide them with free food.  Here's the plan so far:

Against the house:

Various herbs
Poppies
Lettuce and other salad greens

In front of the lettuce and salad greens:

Three sisters garden -

Horizontal - Pumpkins/vining squash/watermelon
Vertical - Corn, Beans

In front of the poppies and herbs:

Cherry and regular tomatoes
4 varieties of eggplant
Peppers

Next to the shed:

Perennial flower mix and tall max snap dragons

Here's where I'm at so far:

Started tomato seeds from last years crop in jiffy seed starting mix.  They're pretty far along, will definitely be ready for the April 18th last frost date.  Just transplanted them from small cells to larger styrofoam cups.

Didn't get the eggplant seeds until yesterday, so they're a bit behind.  Starting them tomorrow, hopefully they'll be good to go outside in 3 weeks or so.  Same thing with the watermelon.

This is all sort of an experiment for me, so any experienced advice anyone could provide me with would be much appreciated.  I'll be posting pics as progress is made.  Thanks for reading!

I have some cukes growing indoors.  I use RO reverse osmosis water and that Black Gold Seedling Mix works good. 

Outdoors I already planted a bunch of stuff cmon rain make those seeds germinate!

Lets go warm weather!

--------------------
Anxiety is what you make it.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies