Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds - Original Sensible Seeds
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineYthanA
ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
Male User Gallery

Loc: NY/MA/VT Borderlands Flag
Mexican drug gangs 'spread to every region of US'
    #12276758 - 03/26/10 02:55 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Mexican drug gangs 'spread to every region of US'

Mexican drug gangs have expanded their activities in the US with heroin production doubling in 2008, the US justice department says in a report.

Despite US funding for the war on drugs, trade in marijuana, ecstasy and methamphetamine also grew, the National Drug Threat Assessment said.

The report found that Mexican groups were active in every region of the US.

Gangs were moving an estimated $40bn (£27bn) in cash back into Mexico across the border each year, it added.

Mexico has long been the main conduit for illicit drugs smuggled into the US but this report suggests that the efforts to halt the flow on both sides of the border have had only a limited impact, the BBC's Richard Lister reports from Washington.

In 2007 the US pledged $1.4bn (£0.9bn) over three years to fight the drugs cartels but the following year heroin production in Mexico rose from 17 to 38 metric tonnes.

This, the report says, led to lower heroin prices and more overdose deaths in the US.

Network growth

The report found that Mexican heroin was poised to take a "more significant share" of the market in US cities where South American heroin has traditionally dominated.

For Asian heroin, the US continued to be a secondary market, it said.

The assessment says that Mexican drug suppliers have increased their co-operation with American street and prison gangs to expand their distribution networks.

Speaking in Mexico City earlier this week, US Secretary of State Hillary Clinton called for more efforts to tackle the social issues such as poverty that fuel the drugs trade.

Mexico, which has some 50,000 troops engaged against the cartels, has suggested that American money and equipment has not arrived quickly enough.

Extras: Filter Print Post Remind Me! Notify Moderator Top
OfflineHumility
Working on it
 User Gallery

Re: Mexican drug gangs 'spread to every region of US' [Re: Ythan]
    #12276796 - 03/26/10 03:03 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

I'm all the way on the East Coast, and honestly I don't say shit to Mexican folk too often.  I just wave and say hello and I'm polite.

I certainly don't mean to sound racist *at all*.  I've been to Mexico and love it there.  Love the people more than Americans.  But there are definitely *plenty* of Mexican ethnic people all over the states who more than anything else are straight up earners and murders and I don't want *shit* to do with that.

Honestly I try to be polite to pretty much everyone, but especially Mexican folk.  Don't want to run across the wrong fellow.

--------------------

Edited by Humility (03/26/10 03:04 PM)

Offlinetxhc4life
Seeker of Truth
Male

Loc: TX
    #12276865 - 03/26/10 03:14 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

I live in south Texas, and I can see the definite prison gang connection. In my small town, the gang is like the law of the underground. All the youth in this town wear the symbols and colors associated with this gang. Most of the clothing is college football gear. Most of the drugs and money funnel back to them, in turn they go down south and repeat the process. Alot of these kids can't wait to get to prison, to earn their rep.

Offlinepiracetam
bioanalytical chemist
Male User Gallery

Loc: TX Flag
    #12277393 - 03/26/10 04:35 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Mexico, which has some 50,000 troops engaged against the cartels, has suggested that American money and equipment has not arrived quickly enough.

why, so they can squander it through corruption?

too much money is wasted on this fake war, I'm so sick of hearing about this huge mess
it's a mix of sensationalism and overall f'd up drug policies which fuel this whole debacle.

drug reform laws should be reconsidered, but you know the legal system makes too much money off of prohibition to assess this.

I don't fear nor respect these swarthy entrepreneurs, i only have contempt for them and the lawmakers that give them the power. the way I see it, they're in business together, and are robbing us of tax money which could go back into social programs.

OfflineNoOneImportant
Just a pawn in the game
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Midwest
Re: Mexican drug gangs 'spread to every region of US' [Re: piracetam]
    #12277624 - 03/26/10 05:11 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

piracetam said:
the way I see it, they're in business together.

:thumbup: couldn't have said it better myself

--------------------
Take when in need.  Give when you can.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom