Home | Community | Message Board

MRCA Tyroler Gluckspilze
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineIfOnlyICouldWrite
Female User Gallery

Loc: Nova Scotia, Canada
Question about Salvia strength
    #12248694 - 03/22/10 12:46 PM (14 years, 9 days ago)

I picked up some 20x. When I got the 80x I was told that the actual "strength" doesn't matter if you get it from a good supplier.

I think I understand how the strengths work - 20x means it takes 20 leaves to make a gram??

--------------------
"Who is dreaming what? A sage went to sleep one night and dreamt he was a butterfly, only to be awakened by a sudden noise. When he opened his eyes he questioned, "Am I a man, dreaming I was a butterfly, or am I a butterfly dreaming I am a man?" Who are you in reality?" Zen Life - Daniel Levin

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinelurkmode
Stranger

Re: Question about Salvia strength [Re: IfOnlyICouldWrite]
    #12248734 - 03/22/10 12:53 PM (14 years, 9 days ago)

20x = 19 grams of salvia leaf's salvinorin A applied to 1 gram of plain leaf.

Strength indeed matters. If you smoked .10 of 20x it would be more than double the effects of .10 of 10x.

In all honesty, you really don't need more than 6-10x for have completely ego destroying experiences.

Also with 20-??x it gets really hard to dose it precisely short of very nice scales.

Play safe!

OfflineIfOnlyICouldWrite
Female User Gallery

Re: Question about Salvia strength [Re: lurkmode]
    #12248820 - 03/22/10 01:08 PM (14 years, 9 days ago)

:smile: I agree with you! I didn't think that it wouldn't make a difference because of the concentration.

So if I were to measure 20x for a light trip - how much would you recommend roughly? I have a friend who wants to try it again (my sitter) but was leary of 80x because of me.

He has done it before and didn't enjoy the way he felt while tripping. He said he could feel the fibres of the couch merging with his clothing and skin - and while he knew it wasn't real he didn't like it and said he sat up quickly - and he felt like he ripped himself from the couch. He then walked down the hall to another room and put his hand on a wooden coffee table and he could feel the wood merging with his hand - he said he again felt like he had to rip his hand from the wood and when he looked at his hand it was like little strings of skin, blood and wood hanging from his hand - and then it just slowly faded away and he was ok again.

--------------------
"Who is dreaming what? A sage went to sleep one night and dreamt he was a butterfly, only to be awakened by a sudden noise. When he opened his eyes he questioned, "Am I a man, dreaming I was a butterfly, or am I a butterfly dreaming I am a man?" Who are you in reality?" Zen Life - Daniel Levin

Edited by IfOnlyICouldWrite (09/12/10 07:51 AM)

Offlinelurkmode
Stranger

#12248872 - 03/22/10 01:16 PM (14 years, 9 days ago)

No more than .05 grams of 20x for your first go 'round for sure. That would be 1/20 of your gram. This won't be a light trip really. I wouldn't consider even threshold to be 'light' but anyway ...

Remember to keep it hot, hold it for at least 20 seconds and sit down beforehand.

Strength begins to make a big difference if you can adequately weigh it out. Salvinorin is no stronger on 20x as it is on plain leaf it's just that you've got a higher concentration so as long as you get the dose right it could be no stronger than just smoking a bowl of plain leaf.

Invisibleredgreenvines
irregular verb
 User Gallery

#12249622 - 03/22/10 04:03 PM (14 years, 9 days ago)

i use 1/100th of a gram of 20x, most people need double that
80x is four times stronger so most people need 1/200th of a gram of 80x.
it is actually a bad idea to have something that strong (how can you measure it?), unless it is mislabeled which really does not help either.

anyway lurkmode's numbers are off
1x or plain leaf has 2.2mg salvinorin per gram
10x has 22 mg salvinorin per gram
20x has 44 mg salvinorin per gram

1 mg salvinorin is equal to 1000 micrograms which is TOO MUCH for most people but sometimes not enough for a really hard head, or for the people whose lungs do not absorb well.

so if you smoke a half gram of plain leaf quickly you should be very messed up.

there is the trick
the whole dose has to be taken into the lungs and hit the blood as quickly as possible less than 90 seconds in any case which is when it starts coming out of the blood. it only circulates for a short time and the threshold effect lasts about 5 mins from threshold.

theoretically you can just keep smoking plain leaf all day slowly and lazily

extracts hit faster.
I don't like 80x because - if bona fide - it is too strong and it is too difficult to measure out 1/200 th of a gram so most people will screw up and over dose - never physically poisonous, but very toxic mentally to have too much.

--------------------
:confused: _ :brainfart:🧠  _ :finger:

OfflineIfOnlyICouldWrite
Female User Gallery

Re: Question about Salvia strength [Re: redgreenvines]
    #12250554 - 03/22/10 06:33 PM (14 years, 9 days ago)

Toxic mentally for a short period :smile:

1/200th of a gram?

I did 1/10th of 1/2 gram. on .1 I've tripped 2 times and a friend of mine tripped once. I still have .4 of the 80x and now I have .5 of 20x (to make things easier) and will save the 80x for another time :smile:

Thanks for the info - :smile:

--------------------

Offlinelurkmode
Stranger

#12252217 - 03/22/10 10:58 PM (14 years, 9 days ago)

how are my numbers off redgreen?

aren't most extracts made by the gram?

9 grams extracted onto one gram to make 1 gram of 10x?

also saying leaf has an exact amount is a bit erroneous because that can vary.

Invisibleredgreenvines
irregular verb
 User Gallery

#12257078 - 03/23/10 05:37 PM (14 years, 8 days ago)

true
it varies
i misread what you said about a gram of 20x
it should have close to 50 milligrams of salvinorin A but I read 19 - I see you are talking about how it is made
sorry.
it is made according to that formula
or even more sweet is 20 grams extraction onto 1 gram of emptied leaf - ie. extracted defatted deactivated leaf
- that is the nicest and lightest colored kind of 20x you can find, hard to get it,
I had some from SPHERE when he used to post and share around here.
He was a really good extractor.

also note
high smoking temperature is not important.
it is only important to get the smoke into your lungs quickly,
the salvinorin will mostly be in liquid droplets in the smoke stream.
salvinorin vapor is far too hot for lung tissue.

enjoy.

--------------------
:confused: _ :brainfart:🧠  _ :finger:

Jump to top Pages: 1