Home | Community | Message Board

Crestline Sales - MycoPath
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop:   Original Seeds Store Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds, Compare CBD   Amazon Terrence McKenna

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinesirreal
devoid
Loc: In the borderlands
Should I?
    #1225129 - 01/17/03 03:07 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

I cased some thai lipa over a week ago.Now I am contemplating tossing it! I am not trying to be pretentious regarding spiritual things but I am worried that I may be looking for something in the shrooms that is not there.I have always thought about religious matters and have sought ways to sharpen my spiritual perceptions.That is the main reason I wanted to try mushrooms.But I am also a very sensual person who enjoys a good buzz.I have abused alcohol as well as other drugs severely in the past.I guess my main concern is that I am really just looking for a new drug.I know that only I can answer that question.I thought maybe some of you who have used mushrooms for spiritual purposes might give me some insight.I have never tried mushrooms before.Thanks.

--------------------
I may not always tell the truth, but atleast I'm honest
-----------

I see what everyone is saying. It is so hard to form an opinion when you see both sides so clearly!

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: 9th Dimension
Re: Should I? [Re: sirreal]
    #1225137 - 01/17/03 03:19 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Mushrooms are a very sacred and spiritual tool, if used with respect and moderation, they can be an extremely divine catalyst for your consciousness and personal religous experiences. Just look at my name.

--------------------

Invisiblethe_Landotter
Gnostic Chaoist

Loc: R'lyeh
    #1225198 - 01/17/03 04:17 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

I don't think you have to worry about abusing the mushroom. First of all, it is not a drug ie. something which causes obsessive, repetitive, habitualized behaviour. It is a sacred plant. If you approach it properly and scoff at half-measures, you will find that after your first experience you will not want to try them again for a long while.

McKenna used to say that taking the mushroom was akin to setting out on a dark sea at night in a little skiff. Sometimes you float serenely under a full moon and sometimes something the size of a freight train roars past and leaves you clinging to an oar. Wonder and terror are not good ingredients for a habit.

You will be enriched.

--------------------
Read the Landotter's Mystical Journey Journal

Offlinesirreal
devoid
Re: Should I? [Re: the_Landotter]
    #1225446 - 01/17/03 06:22 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

When I made this post I was in one of my reflective moods(to much time on my hands at the moment).After reading the replies I have decided to follow through and  try them.I will make a final decision then.BTW, if I eventually do decide to throw away perfectly good mushrooms,I won't be barred from the shroomery, will I?  :grin:J/K

--------------------
-----------

I see what everyone is saying. It is so hard to form an opinion when you see both sides so clearly!

OfflineDavid_Scape
Anti Genius
Male

Loc: U.S. of muthafuckin A.
    #1225484 - 01/17/03 06:35 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

I dont know why but i always seem to relate to these "afraid-of-what-i-might do" type contradictions my personality...  :wink:
I myself happen to be a VERY self-conscious person (almost debilitatingly so...) 

--------------------
focusing
Flow
The Enneagram

Edited by David_Scape (01/17/03 06:37 AM)

OfflineMonkah
abreactionsynchronicity
Loc: location? i exist somwher...
    #1226047 - 01/17/03 10:06 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

shrooms are an awesome resource for finding and sharpening mental and spiritual aspects of your being.

but with all drugs
your intentions hold the key to that door you unlock with them.
not all doors are wanted or even need to be opened.
but if you do, you can learn alot through those expierences
given your not engulfed in it all like a tornado.

Quote:

I don't think you have to worry about abusing the mushroom.

i myself think it is verry possible to abuse the mushroom.
given that i have.

when i Use to grow and have lots around constantly.
i would eat them constantly as well.

although at the time, i only had verry few friends, i didnt have a job, a car, or anything to do besides sit around my apartment and be artistic with music.
i would get bored of doing the usual things, and decided to go about eating mushrooms and do them "in a higher state of mind"
or so i thought...

eventualy this led to me eating them at LEAST EVERY weekend
from an 8th. up to almost a half-o at a time.

this continued for almost 5 months strait.
untill all my attempts at growing were halted by several bad contaminations
i saw these many attempts, in which i had tried verry hard to be successfull
a "sighn" of the moment.

as if the mushrooms knew i was abusing them, and refused to grow for my deseased idealology.

during my habitual use i came up with a many "theores" on any and everything
which ultimately shaped my perception into a much more limited view than is akin to a more healthy human being.

i beleive i lost my job at the time because of this on going inner struggle with using mushrooms constantly, and thinking they were the only cure for my deseased mind.
when in fact the way i used them made them worse.
it was as if each trip was a continuation of the last, and it built up a huge story board of information, much of which was verry faslely accumulated.

needless, you can gain much out of the experiences.
just dont look to them for an answer, only as a friend.
and i hope you dont abuse your friends like i once did.

--------------------
*NEW!* from Monkah Inc.The "Silence game" hold an exhilerating game between you and a friend,see who finds silence first! (warning:M. Inc. patented silence-in-its-self,failure to pay up will result in sending satan after you! err,we mean our laywer!)

Invisiblethe_Landotter
Gnostic Chaoist

Loc: R'lyeh
Re: Should I? [Re: Monkah]
    #1226274 - 01/17/03 11:04 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

needless, you can gain much out of the experiences.
just dont look to them for an answer, only as a friend.
and i hope you dont abuse your friends like i once did.

Wow. That was actually kinda touching, Monkah. Sorry things got out of hand for you and I hope you are better now.

For me, though, abuse is typified as casual mushroom use. It's all about the attitude you have going in. If you're treating it like alcohol or coke or weed or whatever, if you're going in with no other idea but "dude, I'm gonna get SO high!" then you're abusing it. Not that you should be all serious and not enjoy the state once you're there but... as others wiser than I have noticed, the mushroom speaks and therefore deserves the same respect you would give to a wise, old, spiritually-aware person who was speaking to you.

All the other substances just gibber (ketamine) and shout (alcohol), gabble (E) and analyze (LSD) and you can gibber and shout and gabble and analyze along with 'em as much as you like cuz that's what they're for. But the mushroom is for learning. So that's what you do.

Don't even get me started on DMT. I still don't know what the hell THAT does.

--------------------
Read the Landotter's Mystical Journey Journal

OfflineHepC
I have HepC

#1227183 - 01/17/03 05:35 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

If one must question ones mind and thoughts of guilt, then one must not think and do aloud....

OfflineMurex
Reality Hacker

Loc: Traped in a shell.
Re: Should I? [Re: Monkah]
    #1227221 - 01/17/03 05:57 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

as if the mushrooms knew i was abusing them, and refused to grow for my deseased idealology.

LOL!  :tongue:

I have taken mushrooms only twice, and I really only needed to do it once. The first experience changed my views on life for the better and I became aware of a new kind of preception and a 'higher' way of thinking and using my mind. I lost my ego and relalized what god really is. This day was the best time of my life because the mushrooms found me when I needed so many questions answered. The mushrooms are a teacher, no doubt about that- the best teacher one could have (this teacher is partially you too, btw).

I encourage the (proper) use of mushrooms and would recomend them to anyone capable of utalizing their power. Ignorant minds will not be 'tought' by the mushroom, letting go of the ego can be very hard for some- some will grip it like grim death while tripping, which allows for a bad trip. 

P.S.: Don't throw them away!!!  :blush:

--------------------
What if everything around you
Isn't quite as it seems?
What if all the world you think you know,
Is an elaborate dream?
And if you look at your reflection,
Is it all you want it to be?

Offlinesirreal
devoid
Re: Should I? [Re: Murex]
    #1228078 - 01/18/03 05:37 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

I lost my ego and relalized what god really is

I understand!That is what I seek to do.I have read quite a bit about other peoples experiences and they make me kind of nervous.I have always had a focus regarding spiritual things and am afraid of losing that focus even though I feel like that is possibly what I need to do.Even though I want to progress in this area I guess I am afraid of a major change in my perceptions.I know that only I can work this out, but it is nice being able to communicate with like-minded people.They are so hard to find in the "real world".

--------------------
-----------

OfflineNomad
Mad Robot

Re: Should I? [Re: Murex]
    #1228102 - 01/18/03 06:04 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

letting go of the ego can be very hard for some- some will grip it like grim death while tripping, which allows for a bad trip.

So true. Not only is it hard, but it is as hard as dying. I think people should focus less on the ego part of "ego death", and instead recognize the death part. Because death is what it is and what it feels like. Death in a frightening real sense. Ego death was the worst trip of my life.

And the best one, needless to say.

Offlinesirreal
devoid
Re: Should I? [Re: Nomad]
    #1228110 - 01/18/03 06:14 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

When you really think about this it just seems like another way to cope with our mortality.I would like to believe this pursuit is worthwhile,But I wonder just what it will accomplish.I do not like to think of it as just another way to cope with a reality in which I am not satisfied.I hope this makes sense. :confused:

--------------------
-----------

InvisibleThe_Clash_UK
Day Tripper
Loc: UK
Re: Should I? [Re: Nomad]
    #1228116 - 01/18/03 06:19 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

I spose when your tripping you need something to hold onto to keep yourself feeling alright. A few months back when i took the last few mushrooms in this particual trip i retired to my bed and started comming up very fast, I had the Tv on and thougt well as long as i can make sence and see it itl be ok. 30 seconds later my visions all over place. well as long as i can hear them...30 seconds later sound became very distorted. i got to the point where the only thing I had to keep hold of was my sence of self, i spose it would be hard to let it go.

--------------------
Crash a cig guvnor?

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop:   Original Seeds Store Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds, Compare CBD   Amazon Terrence McKenna

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology