Home | Community | Message Board

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineSnuffelzFurever
Psychonaut

Loc: Miami, florida
army of shpongle?
    #1211867 - 01/12/03 11:52 AM (21 years, 2 months ago)

i have tripped 2 times with shpongle, and both times, shpongle told me about an army being raised to fight the false conceptions of reality. i became a soldier. mah visuals were mad nuts, heh. i thought i was in a war or something. then shpongle taught me how to fight against this false idea of reality by meditating, and i lost my ego completely. i couldnt tell if my eyes were open or closed. mad crazy :-)

anywho, anybody who listens to Shpongle, while trippign and listening to shpongle, do you get the idea of being part of a plot or something, like Shpongle knows exactly what they are doing?

--------------------
"I think it's time we stop
Children, What's the sound,
Everybody look what's going down"

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineMeph
Synesthesiac

Loc: Qu?bec
Re: army of shpongle? [Re: SnuffelzFurever]
    #1211875 - 01/12/03 11:54 AM (21 years, 2 months ago)

I don't mean to contradict you, but if you had really lost your ego, you wouldn't have known that eyes existed at all...

--------------------
I'm a bipedal carbon-based pseudo-random number generator.

Demonstration: 152.

OfflineSnuffelzFurever
Psychonaut

Re: army of shpongle? [Re: Meph]
    #1211957 - 01/12/03 12:32 PM (21 years, 2 months ago)

the eye thing was before ego-loss :-)
no, what i experienced was definitely ego loss. i was amazed that only 20 minutes passed when i came to. but i figure there is a big difference between sober egoloss and mushroom induced egoloss. i feel mushroom egoloss doesnt last forever like mushroom egoloss does. my ego came back. sniffles. i was hoping it would stay away.
:-)

--------------------

OfflineStrumpling
Neuronaut
Loc: Hyperspace
    #1214523 - 01/13/03 11:26 AM (21 years, 2 months ago)

"do you get the idea of being part of a plot or something, like Shpongle knows exactly what they are doing?"

It says right on the website: "Shpongle is a place.."

Shpongle is not just music - its made for a listener under psychedelic influence with their eyes closed to be removed from their current environment and taken straight into the depths of Shpongle-Land (also mentioned on the site), a place where nothing is as it seems. Constant change and the highest levels of audible complexity blend together to form a morphing soundscape of epic proportions.

Shpongle DOES know precisely what they're doing - everything that sounds unorganized or out of place to the sober mind is suddenly put right on center-stage where it is made clear that Shpongle is the most technologically advanced production of audio-entertainment ever created :wink: I love ranting about these guys :wink: Which Shpongle are you referring to?

The fighting and struggling you experience is all intricately choreographed.... they're beating into you head that "hey look how much we can do with audio technology and rhythm. now look again! now look! look more!!! we can keep going like this do you want to keep going?" all while almost never doing the exact same sound with the exact same effects twice.

--------------------
Insert an "I think" mentally in front of eveything I say that seems sketchy, because I certainly don't KNOW much. Also; feel free to yell at me.
In addition: SHPONGLE

Edited by Strumpling (01/13/03 11:31 AM)

OfflineStrumpling
Neuronaut
    #1214596 - 01/13/03 12:00 PM (21 years, 2 months ago)

I was just thinking about this further while in the shower, and I believe you're referring to the first Shpongle ("Are You Shpongled?").

This first album does an amazing job of creating.... well.. creating "armies" of sound - Just about every track comes up with a certain rhythm, and then just starts cramming as many different ways to express that rhythm as possible into the mix...... It really does feel like a gathering of troops or gathering of minds or thoughts/ideas/whatever you want - its very subjective, but it really IS an army of sounds, marching to the same rhythm in their own ways.

Edit #1 (addition): lol and on top of that, there's the army of different rhythms - if its not one rhythm expressing itself in as many ways as possible, its a melody being expressed with as many sounds and rhythms as possible. Sometimes it creates almost a MELODY CONSTRUCTED FROM different RHYTHMS if that makes sense..

Aside from that, like a war or epic battle, Shpongle is relentless..... there's no break in between tracks - each song flows right into the next.

Overall, you're right though - metaphorically, Shpongle at times creates an "army of darkness." I've always thought of each track as a giant being or machine growing and expanding, gaining new components and learning new tasks to undertake.... rofl I'd better stop it here.

-=- Matt/Strumpling -=-
Shpongle-Addict - lol dammit now you've convinced me to listen to it again :wink:

--------------------
Insert an "I think" mentally in front of eveything I say that seems sketchy, because I certainly don't KNOW much. Also; feel free to yell at me.

Edited by Strumpling (01/13/03 12:15 PM)

OfflineDilauded
Sensability andrespectability

Loc: Krunkville, FL
    #1215766 - 01/13/03 06:49 PM (21 years, 2 months ago)

I believe it

OfflineSnuffelzFurever
Psychonaut

Re: army of shpongle? [Re: Strumpling]
    #1216171 - 01/13/03 11:03 PM (21 years, 2 months ago)

lol, heehee. nifty reply :-)

--------------------

OfflineShamanSean
the MilitantMind

Loc: CA, USA, the Bay Area
    #1216219 - 01/14/03 12:04 AM (21 years, 2 months ago)

so wat r some tight ass Shpongle tracks?

--------------------
"So take my advice and dont quit. Cuz if u do, you wont get shit - bitch! "

-Too Short

OfflineStrumpling
Neuronaut
Re: army of shpongle? [Re: ShamanSean]
    #1216599 - 01/14/03 04:42 AM (21 years, 2 months ago)

howbout "Buy the CD"

you can't hear the magic on mp3

--------------------

OfflineSnuffelzFurever
Psychonaut

Re: army of shpongle? [Re: ShamanSean]
    #1217571 - 01/14/03 09:52 AM (21 years, 2 months ago)

try buying a cd. they both tripped me out. but you cant just dl tracks. it isnt the same. trust me, heh. i had almost the entire "tales of the inexpressible" cd on my tripping cd, and it just isnt the same as having the real cd. dunno why... mebbe quality? mebbe psychological? who knows... but shpongle is my god :-)

--------------------

OfflineStrumpling
Neuronaut
    #1217862 - 01/14/03 11:33 AM (21 years, 2 months ago)

its quality, man - I had 256kbps mp3s at first, which is supposed to be "CD-Quality," however, with my headphones and close examinations in comparing the CD to mp3, I found that certain sounds just don't sound nearly as crisp, and there's lots of noise where there should just be pure harmony.

--------------------

OfflineSquid
withdrawn fromthe everdayworld

#1218431 - 01/14/03 03:20 PM (21 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

howbout "Buy the CD"

I have to agree , not many albums are worth buying these days. However Shpongle -Tales of the Inexpressible is one worth buying.

--------------------
A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move towards higher levels. -A. Einstein

Offlinevalour
Swordbearer

Loc: USA
    #1219456 - 01/14/03 09:34 PM (21 years, 2 months ago)

I have to agree with you here.
Save the mp3s for Skynyrd, or just testing out stuff that you may want to buy later...at least when it comes to rich, layered trip music like Shpongle here. :cool:

--------------------
"Remember, son,
I didn't sell out-
I bought in."

OfflineAmber_Glow
Sat Chit Anand

Re: army of shpongle? [Re: Squid]
    #1224221 - 01/16/03 03:19 PM (21 years, 2 months ago)

I would pay large amounts of money for a Shpongle CD.

I mean, I have one that I payed normal CD price for, but its so rich with musical quality, it's worth every penny and 100x more.

Would you by a Shpongle CD if it cost 100 dollars and its the only way you could get it? I would!

OfflineDilauded
Sensability andrespectability

Loc: Krunkville, FL
Re: army of shpongle? [Re: Amber_Glow]
    #1224246 - 01/16/03 03:32 PM (21 years, 2 months ago)

Shit, I wanna see a Shpongle concert. That'd be maddening

Offlinetrippinlizard
gridwalker

Loc: in the shade of the mushr...
    #1224352 - 01/16/03 04:10 PM (21 years, 2 months ago)

i got that same feeling when listening to tool once, it was crazy, we won the war, not by violence, we just kind of lasted while they withered away...
but at the end of the trip, some people didn't like the utopian society because, even though there was no violence, nobody was more powerful than anybody else, so they restarted the war, and the end of my trip was a never ending spiral of war, transiton, peace, over and over and over...

--------------------
fine. do what you want, but i'm drinking the water.

Offlinejuicemonkey
Stranger
Loc: BC
    #1224403 - 01/16/03 04:32 PM (21 years, 2 months ago)

strumpling, I think I gave you a 5 rating already...but If I haven't, your getting one.

I am very stoned...and I"m listening to shpongle(mp3 though)...and like, reading your two posts just...wow. Very trippy. haha. VERY trippy reading all the shit you wrote. 5 shrooms to you man!

edit: oh yeah....shpongle DOES kick some serious ass. I can't wait to buy the cds. I'll save them for when I trip again(I've been taking a long break).

edit2: I'm listening to 'a new way to say hooray' right now. Does anyone know what they are saying at 8:01 roughly? So far I got something like, "fiji, you know what happened to me? no?" Almost like there's a conversation between two of them. I wish I knew what the rest said

--------------------
I saw my mind do warp 10, hit the brakes, put it in reverse and back all over me

Edited by juicemonkey (01/16/03 07:22 PM)

OfflineStrumpling
Neuronaut
Re: army of shpongle? [Re: juicemonkey]
    #1224842 - 01/16/03 08:28 PM (21 years, 2 months ago)

lol no dude it starts fading into incoherant crap - I have an mp3 of Terence's original quote and thats just how it sounds.... he goes from saying something that does sound like ".. do you know what happened to me.. no i must have missed it.." something something but its impossible to tell what he says - dude right after that part, have you noticed the laugh? The end of that track laughs at you :wink: check it out.

--------------------

OfflineStrumpling
Neuronaut
    #1224851 - 01/16/03 08:36 PM (21 years, 2 months ago)

Don't get too distracted by the samples in Shpongle, man - whenever there's a long sample, there's usually cool shit going on right behind it.

--------------------

Offlineandrash
The Oceanminder

Loc: Rome, Italy
    #1225059 - 01/16/03 11:50 PM (21 years, 2 months ago)

It's a lot of time I hear about Shpongles... I really would like to listen to them, but no one here in Italy has any idea of who are they...
I also tryed downloading, but nothing came...

Question: will anyone of you be so nice to copy me something (or maybe all their albums if they are so cool)? I know that I'm breaking copyright rules... but it's a matter of Knowledge!
I will copy back some trippy CDs I like...

Is it a good deal???

Thanx  :grin:

Andrash

--------------------
--- Who am I, where is me, when I' am away from myself? --- F. Battiato

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract