Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineEarth_Droid
Stranger
Pain ?
    #1218439 - 01/14/03 03:23 PM (21 years, 2 months ago)

I am having trouble with obsesive thoughts concerning pain. Although I understand there can't be pleasure without pain, and there is a difference between pain and suffering, I still can't see through the forest. It makes me sad to think about pain and suffering. Why is the body designed to take so much pain before it goes into shock. Unless you are an advanced yogi, you have to suffering for what seems like eternity. Can anyone give me some advice on quietting my mind and ridding it of torturous thoughts.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineLarrythescaryrex
teardrop on the fire
Male User Gallery

Loc: further down the spiral
Re: Pain ? [Re: Earth_Droid]
    #1218446 - 01/14/03 03:26 PM (21 years, 2 months ago)

there was a time when I cut myself for fun....

whats this pain thing?  :wink:

seriously though,
mind over matter man, pain ain't so bad.

--------------------
RIP Acidic_Sloth

Sunset_Mission said:
"larry the scary rex
verily scary when thoroughly vexed
invoke the shadows and dust, cast a hex
mercifully massacring memories masterfully
relocate from Ur to 8th density and become a cosmic bully
mulder and scully couldn't decipher his glyphs
invoke the shadows and dust, smoke infernal spliffs"
April 24th 2011

OfflineEarth_Droid
Stranger
    #1218460 - 01/14/03 03:30 PM (21 years, 2 months ago)

How I really didn't want to bring this up on a private message board, but here goes. My thoughts are literally like the hells people think about on mushrooms. I am so stained with the illusions of evil that I imagine torture. I imagine what it would be like to experience purgatory and pain and it scares me. It seems like I can't let it go, and the evils greatly outweigh the good in life.

Invisibledee_N_ae
\/\/¡†¢h |-|øµ§³ ¢å†
Male User Gallery

Loc: The Shadow of Neptune
    #1218513 - 01/14/03 03:46 PM (21 years, 2 months ago)

I dunno what to say man... grin and bear it is what I do.
We're always experiencing a flux of joy and pain...
This too, shall pass.  :wink:
The worst physical pain I can think of that I've been through was when a chunk of ash flew into my eye and imbedded in my upper eyelid.  It would scratch my cornea every time I blinked.  While it was in there every second seemed like an eternity and sitting in the waiting room at the hospital for an hour and a half was a literal hell. 

Eventually the doctor came and flushed my eye, and it healed the next day :laugh:
You'll be all right. 

Edited by dee_N_ae (01/14/03 03:46 PM)

InvisibleZero7a1
Leaving YourWasteland

Loc: Passing Cloud
    #1218542 - 01/14/03 03:55 PM (21 years, 2 months ago)

mental pains are much harder to get rid of and you never know what is going to happen. dont feel bad man ive been in hell for ohhhh *checks hand* for a while now. i think the more your able to see that you can belong in a different better place the easier and better of a chance youll have to make it to that place instead of being stuck and tortured by daunting pecking thoughts.

--------------------
What?

InvisibleCosmicJokeM
happy mutant
 User Gallery

Loc: Portland, OR
    #1218623 - 01/14/03 04:22 PM (21 years, 2 months ago)

someone once said that a person's relationship to pain is the window to his soul. that person was Friedrich Nietzsche.
someone else once said that if for a moment we could see life clearly there would be no human life left on Earth. I believe this person was Mahatma Ghandi - or was it Elvis?

why don't you just set aside an hour or so a day for forced depression, where you can meditate on the most hideous things, such as flesh falling off your skin, or someone being tortured, or a loved one dying, or scenes from movies where people are being killed by the thousand.... i dunno, but if you limit yourself to an hour a day to do it right and good, you'd relieve yourself of this excess energy and free up the day for other things. so you could get into your favorite meditative posture and begin to concentrate on your heart Chakra and when you have achieved tranquility you could imagine all this pain and do it without losing your tranquility and concentration. you could imagine that you are in a graveyard, picking up a coffin, and observing yourself inside as the worms eat your flesh and you watch your flesh fall off. you could create images of all the mistakes and errors you made in your life time. you could berate yourself over and over again, all without losing your tranquility or your concentration. you could completely tranquilly begin to create images of your enemies torturing you over and over again. you could completely tranquilly begin to create imagine yourself doing awful things to others. then you could imagine yourself having the greatest pleasures and joys the world can offer you, all while tranquil and concentrated.

while things can always get worse, horror serves the function of a distraction as well as building a strong stomach - awful feelings, however, provide the opportunity for being cheerful. to be cheerful in spite of disease and discomfort was one of the lessons of the Buddha.

--------------------
Everything is better than it was the last time.  I'm good.

If we could look into each others hearts, and understand the unique challenges each of us faces, I think we would treat each other much more gently, with more love, patience, tolerance, and care.

It takes a lot of courage to go out there and radiate your essence.

I know you scared, you should ask us if we scared too.  If you was there, and we just knew you cared too.

OfflineEarth_Droid
Stranger
Re: Pain ? [Re: CosmicJoke]
    #1218831 - 01/14/03 05:18 PM (21 years, 2 months ago)

So far you seem to have hit it the closet on the spot ComiskJoke. My thoughts are as gruesome as that. Thanks for the advice, I am going to receive my mind machines soon. I am hoping that if I use them to meditate an hour every day, it will help. If anyone else has anymore advice, please let me know.

OfflineEarth_Droid
Stranger
    #1219494 - 01/14/03 10:14 PM (21 years, 2 months ago)

I just meditated with my legs in the lotus posision. This my friend creates a lot of pain for me. I sat there, sometimes I wasn't always concentrating on my third eye. Sometimes I would just think about the pain or just watch it, just watch it. It was throbbing, and eventually came unbearable. Most of it didn't bother me too much, I was able to try and watch it and not feel connected to the pain, I guess that might mean I was starting to become dissociated, the endorphins were rusing through my brain, but they just weren't enough to allow me to be at peace. So at the end of the meditation, they were going quite numb, and I quit. What would have happened if I kept sitting in that posision? How would my brain respond, what kind of things would happen to me. Would I go into a little shock. Hopefully this will give you some information on what my thoughts are like. I want to know what the body does in situations like that or worse pain. It is only prolonged pain that seems to bother me. I think I am starting to learn the Tao, and follow it. But I still not dedicated enough. I decided to read lots of things on yoga, buddhism, and crowley and try to solve my problems. Perhaps I am not thinking about the obvious fact that at this moment things are good. Wouldn't they only get bad depending on my thoughts, and actions. If I carry on with actions taugh from the Tao te King, perhaps those simple teachings will grow to be understould within me. I do think that I should also look in my dreamworld. I need to find my roots, and realise that I probably will never get called to have to endure such pain because I am intelligent and am looking to learn how to love more. Perhaps love increases the probability in chaos magick. Perhaps riding on the waves of the Tao helps to understand suffering by realising how my actions influence the events that take forth in my life, and that is basically karma. One more thing I would like to note if how I seem to feel better on drugs that really mellow me out without the anxiety. I am going to research those drugs and see what parts of the brain they effect. And then I am going to find connections about my state of mind and what is going on in the brain. And then figure this mess out.

peace, love, and unity
I wish you all to feel good and be here for me
I will do the same
Let is stick together in these weird times as the world begins to shift.
I think I can solve my problems by being kind and helping others
I hope you do the same
I love you all
Ryan

OfflineGazzBut
Refraction

Loc: London UK
    #1219503 - 01/14/03 10:33 PM (21 years, 2 months ago)

I know its simple advice and everyone has heard it before but just try staying in the now. You are concentrating on scenarios that only exist in your head in some gruesome future that will probabaly never come to pass, and if it does it does. Are you putting pressure on yourself to change through your interactions with the Tao and crowley etc? These sort of future thought patterns take energy away from the place you inhabit in each moment. If the underlying unity concept holds true...everything in its right place.

PEACE

--------------------
Always Smi2le

Offlinegnrm23
Carpal Tunnel
Loc: n. e. OH, USSA
    #1219529 - 01/14/03 11:27 PM (21 years, 2 months ago)

sheesh...
physical pain is a physiological negative feedback mechanism... it's supposed to get our attention & sorta warn the body/mind that something is going on that we might want to consider avoiding in the future, hehheh...
as to mental anguish, well... that's another story, eh?
~
"hab kein angst"

--------------------
old enough to know better
not old enough to care

Offlineraja
Stranger

Loc: belgium
Re: Pain ? [Re: GazzBut]
    #1219852 - 01/15/03 03:22 AM (21 years, 2 months ago)

i totally agree with staying in the now...when there is no past,and no future,there is no pain...pain comes forth from our brains,just as the past and the future do...
when you are only in THIS moment,without thinking of past or future,...there shall be no pain..

--------------------
You teach best what you most need to learn.

OfflineNomad
Mad Robot

#1220018 - 01/15/03 04:44 AM (21 years, 2 months ago)

I am so stained with the illusions of evil that I imagine torture. I imagine what it would be like to experience purgatory and pain and it scares me. It seems like I can't let it go

You might be a little off the track with your letting go attitude on that. Don't try to push the thought aside, that's just denial. Non-attachment means simply recognizing that you are thinking these thoughts. Letting go, it seems to me, is never about what you can let go or cannot let go. It means giving up. Surrender. Sit back and watch, as your brain unfolds your personal little hell. Come on, at least it's interesting, huh?  :laugh: "Oh, that thought about torture again. Hi. I'm trying to meditate here, wanna sit down and stay with me?"

I'll turn it over to John Tarrant here:

"I have always loved Buddhist paintings in the esoteric tradition that show the sufferings of the hell realms, rather like medieval Christian paintings, with flames and pitchforks and horns and so on. But there is always a little Buddha sitting in the hell realm, looking exactly like all the other demons, with horns and a big smile . . . So if you are in hell, perhaps you can be one of those demons, a Buddha demon."

Edited by Nomad (01/15/03 06:13 AM)

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: 9th Dimension
    #1220036 - 01/15/03 04:49 AM (21 years, 2 months ago)

Pain is part of being human. It is not out of the ordinary for you to imagine vivid scenes of pain... however to dwell on such things is unhealthy. You mentioned the Tao Te Ching... it has helped me a lot in my overall mind state, and it may help you as well.

In the human experience, we undergo the full range of perceptual polarities. Ride them out like a wave, not conforming to any particular thought or emotion but simply observing them and learning what they represent and what they can teach you. If you go looking for your roots, I can almost guarantee you will find that at the core, you are a divine being capable of the highest forms of love, light, compassion and creation.. and that any fear or insecurity is only but a temporary illusion.

Pain is as much of a part of the physical world as any other experience you may have. It is but a small piece of your collective experiences which make you who you are. Negativity exists for a reason, to learn. Learn how to learn from it.. see it for nothing more than what it is..

Definitely, look to your dreamworld. The answers are all right in front of you, there and in your waking reality. Recognize and acknowledge them and a whole world of divine insight will open up before you.

I wish you peace, love, and understanding on your journey.
May your universe be filled with divine insight and perpetual happiness.
If you ever seek council I would be happy to serve you through use of the PM function or through other means.
Namaste

--------------------

OfflineMurex
Reality Hacker

Loc: Traped in a shell.
    #1221996 - 01/15/03 05:07 PM (21 years, 2 months ago)

The only real pain is emotional pain. The soul cannot be pricked by a needle.

--------------------
What if everything around you
Isn't quite as it seems?
What if all the world you think you know,
Is an elaborate dream?
And if you look at your reflection,
Is it all you want it to be?

InvisibleSclorch
Clyster

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: On the Brink of Madness
Re: Pain ? [Re: Murex]
    #1222135 - 01/15/03 06:20 PM (21 years, 2 months ago)

The only real pain is emotional pain. The soul cannot be pricked by a needle.

Like fucking hell...
Actually, I shouldn't even argue with shite like that. But...

Let me drop a 50 pound weight on your big toe when you least expect it and show me how you don't flinch. Then show me how your view of me doesn't change from this "delusion". If you get pissed, your "soul" was affected.

--------------------
Note: In desperate need of a cure...

OfflineMonkah
abreactionsynchronicity
Loc: location? i exist somwher...
Re: Pain ? [Re: Sclorch]
    #1222170 - 01/15/03 06:51 PM (21 years, 2 months ago)

hahahahahahah

ohh my,
that was quite good.

it seems he was talking more along the lines of continuity of the "soul" and the aspects of exploited pain (ie:grieving for the attention of aversions)
someone spiritual should have no need to call out angerly attentive issues if they can be reguarded and regulated in a soothing manner and delt with passionately
      the anger may rise, but how is it delt with?
is it quickly diminished? is it lashed out in causing pain back?

me personaly i would be concentrating too much on the physical pain to feel angry.
when i feel pain i tend to feel it to its fullest and meditate on the aspects of where it originates and how it acts apon me. if im given such an occasion when i least expect it, might as well make the most and best out of it.

this is just my opinion though, silly me..    :smirk:

you make a wonderful point though

--------------------
*NEW!* from Monkah Inc.The "Silence game" hold an exhilerating game between you and a friend,see who finds silence first! (warning:M. Inc. patented silence-in-its-self,failure to pay up will result in sending satan after you! err,we mean our laywer!)

Edited by Monkah (01/15/03 07:16 PM)

Anonymous

Re: Pain ? [Re: Monkah]
    #1222231 - 01/15/03 08:00 PM (21 years, 2 months ago)

I agree with what people said above, don't force it out, ride with it. There is nothing wrong with playing out darkness in your head, its the best place to release the emotion. Just the other day I had a pretty terrible thought and i was thinking about pushing it out or exploring it further.. i decided to explore it further, it was interesting to say the least and made the desire to think it go away after i explored the thought.

On the aspect of pain, the best time to analyze your physical pain is to wear little clothing and go outside on a very cold day, go for a walk and try to seperate the emotion of feeling hte pain from the actual pain. At times theres a moment of clarity where your body acknowledges you are cold, but the emotion attached is gone.

InvisibleSclorch
Clyster

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Pain ? [Re: ]
    #1222749 - 01/16/03 03:52 AM (21 years, 2 months ago)

On the aspect of pain, the best time to analyze your physical pain is to wear little clothing and go outside on a very cold day, go for a walk and try to separate the emotion of feeling hte pain from the actual pain.

That's a good experiment... I might try that. :wink:

--------------------

OfflineMurex
Reality Hacker

Loc: Traped in a shell.
Re: Pain ? [Re: Sclorch]
    #1224108 - 01/16/03 02:39 PM (21 years, 2 months ago)

I think you missed my point Sclorch.  :tongue:

--------------------
What if everything around you
Isn't quite as it seems?
What if all the world you think you know,
Is an elaborate dream?
And if you look at your reflection,
Is it all you want it to be?

InvisibleSclorch
Clyster

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Pain ? [Re: Murex]
    #1224591 - 01/16/03 05:37 PM (21 years, 2 months ago)

No, I got it... I'm just giving you a hard time with the ambiguity. A book of metaphors is actually easier to interpret correctly than two metaphorical sentences by themselves. Overall coherence is not easily anchored in a few words as it can be with many words.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order