Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | Next >  [ show all ]
InvisibleSilversoul
Rhizome
Male User Gallery

Loc: The Barricades
Re: I do not feel bad for starving africans. [Re: elementswrath] * 1
    #12248032 - 03/22/10 10:03 AM (14 years, 10 days ago)

Quote:

elementswrath said:
Africa is in 200 billion dollars in debt...U.S

Yep.  It's not just that they have no money.  It's that the money's being funneled by the billions to the IMF and World Bank, rather than going into investments in healthcare, education, and infrastructure that actually help people rise out of poverty.

So, I have to say to Africa:  Thank you for funding our luxurious lifestyle that allows ignorant people to make bigoted, demeaning threads like this.

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisibleluvdemshrooms
Two inch dick..but it spins!?
 User Gallery

Loc: Lost In Space
Re: I do not feel bad for starving africans. [Re: Radar]
    #12248285 - 03/22/10 11:08 AM (14 years, 10 days ago)

Quote:

Radar said:
Quote:

luvdemshrooms said:
Quote:

noticeofeviction said:
Anyone that doesn't feel bad for starving African kids can't feel bad for anyone...

What a completely foolish statement.

I'd be more blunt but forum rules prohibit it.

So are you saying you CAN feel bad for people if their suffering DIRECTLY affects you BUT not if they are at a distance??  What would that distance be??

Or are you saying that you only feel compassion in situations where you can affect the outcome??

If I see an old lady fall down and get hurt, I feel bad. If I see a starving African child on TV, I do not.

There are many instances where I feel bad for people. Like those who make foolish statements for example.

--------------------
You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity. What one person receives without working for another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for that my dear friend is the beginning of the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it. ~ Adrian Rogers

OfflineRadar
Stranger

Re: I do not feel bad for starving africans. [Re: luvdemshrooms]
    #12248309 - 03/22/10 11:14 AM (14 years, 10 days ago)

Quote:

luvdemshrooms said:
Quote:

Radar said:
Quote:

luvdemshrooms said:
Quote:

noticeofeviction said:
Anyone that doesn't feel bad for starving African kids can't feel bad for anyone...

So are you saying you CAN feel bad for people if their suffering DIRECTLY affects you BUT not if they are at a distance??  What would that distance be??

Or are you saying that you only feel compassion in situations where you can affect the outcome??

If I see an old lady fall down and get hurt, I feel bad. If I see a starving African child on TV, I do not.

There are many instances where I feel bad for people. Like those who make foolish statements for example.

Well you may just be talking tough on the internet  - which can be a rush b/c its risk free - in fact I'm pretty sure you are. Thats ok, this site is FULL of those types.  But,  I have a hard time believing that you could not feel something when seeing a suffering child.

--------------------
We have not even to risk the adventure alone, for the heroes of all time have gone before us — the labyrinth is thoroughly known. We have only to follow the thread of the hero path, and where we had thought to find an abomination, we shall find a god; where we had thought to slay another, we shall slay ourselves; where we had thought to travel outward, we shall come to the center of our own existence. And where we had thought to be alone, we shall be with all the world.

InvisibleAsante
Omnicyclion prophet
Male User Gallery

Re: I do not feel bad for starving africans. [Re: Silversoul]
    #12248384 - 03/22/10 11:29 AM (14 years, 10 days ago)

Quote:

Yep.  It's not just that they have no money.  It's that the money's being funneled by the billions to the IMF and World Bank, rather than going into investments in healthcare, education, and infrastructure that actually help people rise out of poverty.

:congrats:

Prepare to get flak from people who feel an impromptu opinion has as much merit as taking the time and effort needed for finding the facts.

Edited by Asante (03/22/10 11:32 AM)

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
 User Gallery

#12248405 - 03/22/10 11:39 AM (14 years, 10 days ago)

Quote:

Radar said:Well you may just be talking tough on the internet  - which can be a rush b/c its risk free - in fact I'm pretty sure you are. Thats ok, this site is FULL of those types.  But,  I have a hard time believing that you could not feel something when seeing a suffering child.

Believe what you wish. I truly don't care about starving Africans. Or Asians. Or Australians. Or French. Or Americans.

Have I made it clear enough for you?

That still leaves your foolish statement.... a foolish statement.

--------------------
You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity. What one person receives without working for another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for that my dear friend is the beginning of the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it. ~ Adrian Rogers

Offlinenoticeofeviction
Roller

Loc: 818
    #12248414 - 03/22/10 11:41 AM (14 years, 10 days ago)

Quote:

luvdemshrooms said:
Quote:

Radar said:
Quote:

luvdemshrooms said:
Quote:

noticeofeviction said:

Ok, player.

I suppose you don't feel bad for the millions of Jews that died in the Holocaust, since you obviously didn't get to witness that event either?

OfflineSprezzatura
Virtuoso
Male

Loc: On the Atlantic Ocean
Re: I do not feel bad for starving africans. [Re: noticeofeviction]
    #12248419 - 03/22/10 11:43 AM (14 years, 10 days ago)

I noticed OP is banned... wonder if this thread had anything to do with it?

--------------------
Spectaculorum procedere debet

:mushroom2: :beer:

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
 User Gallery

#12248447 - 03/22/10 11:50 AM (14 years, 10 days ago)

Quote:

Radar said:Ok, player.

Player? Wow. Your "hip" slang has shown me the error of...... nothing.

Quote:

I suppose you don't feel bad for the millions of Jews that died in the Holocaust, since you obviously didn't get to witness that event either?

You're going to try to equate attempted genocide to being underfed?

:lolz0rz:

--------------------

Edited by luvdemshrooms (03/22/10 02:39 PM)

Offlinenoticeofeviction
Roller

Loc: 818
    #12248464 - 03/22/10 11:55 AM (14 years, 10 days ago)

:facepalm: please die :thumbup:

OfflineRadar
Stranger

#12248602 - 03/22/10 12:28 PM (14 years, 10 days ago)

Quote:

luvdemshrooms said:
Quote:

Radar said:Well you may just be talking tough on the internet  - which can be a rush b/c its risk free - in fact I'm pretty sure you are. Thats ok, this site is FULL of those types.  But,  I have a hard time believing that you could not feel something when seeing a suffering child.

Believe what you wish. I truly don't care about starving Africans. Or Asians. Or Australians. Or French. Or Americans.

Have I made it clear enough for you?

That still leaves your foolish statement.... a foolish statement.

Perfectly clear.  I personally would think that is a TOUGH life to lead.  And I can't imagine it really plays well with the ladies (esp when children are involved) . BUT, to each his own.  I will drop it.

But, and not to be a dick,  b/c I did say I would drop it, this will color every post I see you make on this site.  Compassion is a big part of being human.

--------------------
We have not even to risk the adventure alone, for the heroes of all time have gone before us — the labyrinth is thoroughly known. We have only to follow the thread of the hero path, and where we had thought to find an abomination, we shall find a god; where we had thought to slay another, we shall slay ourselves; where we had thought to travel outward, we shall come to the center of our own existence. And where we had thought to be alone, we shall be with all the world.

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
 User Gallery

#12249086 - 03/22/10 02:45 PM (14 years, 10 days ago)

Quote:

Radar said:
Perfectly clear.  I personally would think that is a TOUGH life to lead.

Not at all.

Quote:

And I can't imagine it really plays well with the ladies (esp when children are involved) .

Hasn't made a difference. The ladies all seem to be able to judge me on things other than starving African children.

Quote:

BUT, to each his own.  I will drop it.

OK

Quote:

But, and not to be a dick,  b/c I did say I would drop it, this will color every post I see you make on this site.

OH NO!

Quote:

Compassion is a big part of being human.

You leaping to the assumption I'm not compassionate is as foolish as your previous statement. Or does everyone in your world have to get twisted over the exact same things?

How sad for you.

--------------------

OfflineDangeros65
Fresh One
Male User Gallery

Loc: Houston
    #12249130 - 03/22/10 02:51 PM (14 years, 10 days ago)

I'd like to know. What exactly affects you? If the deaths of millions of children doesn't, what will?

--------------------
"So you run and you run to catch up with the sun but it's sinking
Racing around to come up behind you again.
The sun is the same in a relative way but you're older,
Shorter of breath and one day closer to death."

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
 User Gallery

Re: I do not feel bad for starving africans. [Re: Dangeros65]
    #12249166 - 03/22/10 02:55 PM (14 years, 10 days ago)

Quote:

Dangeros65 said:
I'd like to know. What exactly affects you? If the deaths of millions of children doesn't, what will?

Kids with boo-boos that don't have Scooby-Doo band-aids.

Now, that's a tragedy of epic proportions.

--------------------

OfflineDangeros65
Fresh One
Male User Gallery

Loc: Houston
    #12249209 - 03/22/10 02:59 PM (14 years, 10 days ago)

Quote:

luvdemshrooms said:
Quote:

Dangeros65 said:

True, that is rather heartbreaking.

Your responses, although controversial and offensive, do not merit more than the 10 seconds it takes to type this. I hope you never find yourself struggling to put food on the table.

--------------------
"So you run and you run to catch up with the sun but it's sinking
Racing around to come up behind you again.
The sun is the same in a relative way but you're older,
Shorter of breath and one day closer to death."

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
 User Gallery

Re: I do not feel bad for starving africans. [Re: Dangeros65]
    #12249235 - 03/22/10 03:04 PM (14 years, 10 days ago)

Quote:

Dangeros65 said:
Quote:

luvdemshrooms said:
Quote:

Dangeros65 said:

True, that is rather heartbreaking.

Your responses, although controversial and offensive, do not merit more than the 10 seconds it takes to type this. I hope you never find yourself struggling to put food on the table.

I rarely have but thanks for the good wishes.

Thanks also for sharing my concern for the Scoobie-Doo tragedy.

Please send a check so we can work together to right this tragic wrong. Won't someone please think of the children?

By the way..... know what I consider offensive?  People that think everyone must share their concern for the same issues. That's offensive.

--------------------

Offlinecryptic_pickle
Stranger
 User Gallery

Loc: Australia
    #12250670 - 03/22/10 06:49 PM (14 years, 10 days ago)

Quote:

luvdemshrooms said:
Quote:

noticeofeviction said:
You don't feel bad at all that those kids were born into such conditions by no fault of their own?

Not even a little.

While I wish no one ill, I simply don't give a fuck about them.

HAH!  ohh I'm not even gonna get started on you, I've learnt my lesson.
I hope for your sake you're trolling.

--------------------
"What was the first thing your husband said to you when he woke that morning?"
"He said, 'Where am I, Cathy?'"
"And why did that upset you?"
"My name is Susan."

InvisibleAsante
Omnicyclion prophet
Male User Gallery

Re: I do not feel bad for starving africans. [Re: cryptic_pickle] * 1
    #12253643 - 03/23/10 06:55 AM (14 years, 9 days ago)

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

He who saves but one life, saves the world entirely.

--------------------
Omnicyclion.org
higher knowledge starts here

Edited by Asante (03/23/10 06:56 AM)

InvisibledeCypher
 User Gallery

Re: I do not feel bad for starving africans. [Re: Asante]
    #12253647 - 03/23/10 06:57 AM (14 years, 9 days ago)

set a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day
set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life

--------------------
We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars.

Offlinebabydoll
trippy bitch
Female

Loc: pennsylvania
Re: I do not feel bad for starving africans. [Re: deCypher]
    #12323573 - 04/03/10 01:00 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

A+ POAST

--------------------
death makes angels of us all and gives us wings where we had shoulders, smooth as raven's claws

InvisibleThe Bastard
Apparition

Re: I do not feel bad for starving africans. [Re: babydoll]
    #13060668 - 08/16/10 06:16 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

Well there sure are alot of people here that defend those africans (and others) who have kids when they know full well that they cannot support themselves let alone children.

You call me selfish and without compasion, but I see it the oher way around, either that or you're just stupid.

If these people are selfish enough to bring kids into the world just to "help them get out of the situation they are in" then they deserve the fate they get.

Yes it sucks that those kids starve, but supporting them with money will not teach these idiots a lesson.

If noone supported these kids then the starving wouldnt have children so often.

I dont see many homeless americans that are pregnant, although many (most) on welfare are because we give them more money for it.

I dont think it's right that my tax dollars or my money goes toward feeding someone elses kids when I cant afford to have kids of my own.

I want kids.

More than anything.

But I cant afford it and being the responsible human being I am I wont have kids and expect others to take care of him.

That's it.

Thanks for ruining my ratings with your crybaby nonsense.

btw I came back for this one single post.  I AM GONE.

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom